Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,811 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:03 AM

Recent Photo Of Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, The Man Who Designed The Nigerian Flag - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Recent Photo Of Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, The Man Who Designed The Nigerian Flag (44113 Views)

"Tope Adebutu Said Obasanjo's Daughters Are Prostitutes" - Taiwo Obasanjo / Taiwo Obasanjo: "Tope Adebutu Bent On Destroying Olujonwo Obasanjo, My Son" / PHOTO: Osinbajo Gifts Amina Mohammed A Nigerian Flag (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Recent Photo Of Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, The Man Who Designed The Nigerian Flag by Bakass(m): 11:32am On Dec 09, 2016
HIS NAME IS MICHAEL TAIWO AKINKUMI, ASSUMING IT IS ABDULAHI MOHAMMED BASHIR, THEY WOULD HAVE HONOUR HIM SINCE. I CAN STILL RECALL THAT OUR FIRST LADY SEND SOME TOKENS TO THE FORMER DRIVER OF HER HUSBAND DURING WHEN HE WAS STILL THE MILITARY HEAD OF STATES.

1 Like

Re: Recent Photo Of Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, The Man Who Designed The Nigerian Flag by Nobody: 11:35am On Dec 09, 2016
AbelPraize1:
I see some people saying this man did trash and that the flag is ugly well I don't blame them is the country not ugly? ,now I know d only thing u can be rewarded for in dis country is great crime,they abandoned dis man and elrufai paid millions for the herdsmen disturbing his people, Jonathan paid billion to Tompolo,Governors dat did nothing are been paid after the whole money dat has been embezzled by them,humm and youths are saying wat has he done,now I think I pity the future of this country, lastly let me has those criticising him dat the flag is ugly, where was their grandfather wen he was designing it?
their forefathers were busy in chasing women upndan while the man was busy designing nigerian flag. Help me ask them, what can we remember there forefathers and there father for. This man in the news, they still comment on the news, there forefathers died a long time ago and ppl did not know them even in their community and there street. Taiwo akinkumi's name will forever be written in the book but their fathers' names ishhhhhh.

3 Likes

Re: Recent Photo Of Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, The Man Who Designed The Nigerian Flag by Nobody: 11:37am On Dec 09, 2016
Kathmandu:
Sorry but if he is the one that designed that Flag then he doesn't deserve any award because Nigeria flag is so ugly and drab that i always wear white to chuch on independence day
Supported.
He designed RUBBISH..
What was he thinking when he designed the flag..?
He could only think of Green and White....,. What's so special about it......?

In fact I dey vex......
Where him dey...
Re: Recent Photo Of Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, The Man Who Designed The Nigerian Flag by ntebong: 11:41am On Dec 09, 2016
Please, stop this national embarrassment , firstly the man was paid for designing the flag, besides GEJ gave him salary for life and above all he has grown up children let them take care of their aged father rather than presenting him as a beggar.
Some times ago good spirited Nigeria play who want to be a millionaire and won million for him . What else are they still looking for?
It is God given responsibilities for children to take care of their aged parent rather than always presenting him as a beggar full stop

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Recent Photo Of Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, The Man Who Designed The Nigerian Flag by goshen26: 11:45am On Dec 09, 2016
Kathmandu:
it seems you don't know the meaning of beautiful cry check out Ghana South Africa or even Biafra flag.

That man should go down to Oshodi and hustle abeg

Just cos he is a Yoruba man, I know if he's ur brother u will see meaning to the flag...flag are not meant to be beautiful but to have powerful meaning, which Nigerian flag showcase....

No one in his right senses thwart the work of Ben Odiase or Chinua Achebe, but as soon as u hear any Yoruba ur problem arrives. A tribe full of pride and no respect for elders..smh

No wonder why ur tribe is RELATED TO WAKING UR ELDERLY ONES WITH KICK...POPULARLY KNOWN FOR NEGATIVE NAME (when your parents will not stop on 4 children) INTERNATIONALLY.....AWON ARA MALASIA ATI INDONESIA, FAMILY AWON ARA SAUDI...

4 Likes

Re: Recent Photo Of Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, The Man Who Designed The Nigerian Flag by Nobody: 11:46am On Dec 09, 2016
Kathmandu:
it seems you don't know the meaning of beautiful cry check out Ghana South Africa or even Biafra flag.

That man should go down to Oshodi and hustle abeg
tell us what the colours on ur biafra flag stand for. Mumu of the century.

2 Likes

Re: Recent Photo Of Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, The Man Who Designed The Nigerian Flag by Jaymaestro(m): 11:46am On Dec 09, 2016
mightyhazell:
be a man and stand on ur own! smiley
Quote of the day. Other Posts or Quotes should take a bow. It answers everything.

1 Like

Re: Recent Photo Of Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, The Man Who Designed The Nigerian Flag by Nobody: 11:46am On Dec 09, 2016
iSlayer2:
Hahhaha. The man is not creative at alllll see the nonsense flag. Well,he shouldn't be too pained tho',his people are one part of the problem. The other is @boki.

Who told u he is not creative?.... Go and check Japan flag...u go faint.I guess the person who drew it is the laziest in the world.

1 Like

Re: Recent Photo Of Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, The Man Who Designed The Nigerian Flag by Nobody: 11:48am On Dec 09, 2016
Kathmandu:

Firstly Nigeria flag is damn ugly and there is no two ways about it

Secondly If you don't see yourself as a hero in Nigeria then you still have a long way to go to understand that this government made you a hero by giving you the power of being a government on your own by providing every amenities they failed to provide for you.

Thirdly I've just checked how other citizens treat their heroes and i found out they some people they termed heroes while in Nigeria we have 180million heroes.

Don't shine your teeth beneath me for now

What's the difference between Nigeria and France flag. ..no difference!

2 Likes

Re: Recent Photo Of Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, The Man Who Designed The Nigerian Flag by Respect55(m): 11:49am On Dec 09, 2016
wizzakosh:
ppl like you are called EDA (fool)
Socrates, xup.
Remember I'm not the reason for ur frustration
Re: Recent Photo Of Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, The Man Who Designed The Nigerian Flag by Carlmax(m): 12:03pm On Dec 09, 2016
Blurryface:
There is no design in Nigeria's flag.

Hahahaha... Well said
Re: Recent Photo Of Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, The Man Who Designed The Nigerian Flag by Billygee2u: 12:03pm On Dec 09, 2016
iSlayer2:
Hahhaha. The man is not creative at alllll see the nonsense flag. Well,he shouldn't be too pained tho',his people are one part of the problem. The other is @boki.
he should tell buhari to let Biafra go that the flag is not for the SE
Re: Recent Photo Of Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, The Man Who Designed The Nigerian Flag by harrisam(m): 12:04pm On Dec 09, 2016
Intrepid01:

You sound too mean n saucy for a lady....just an observation. Let's have respect for the elders....btw you should be Yoruba, I guess.
leave the she goat bro
Re: Recent Photo Of Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, The Man Who Designed The Nigerian Flag by Nobody: 12:06pm On Dec 09, 2016
Kathmandu:
Sorry but if he is the one that designed that Flag then he doesn't deserve any award because Nigeria flag is so ugly and drab that i always wear white to chuch on independence day

You are either a hater or you don't have good sense of appreciation.

Nigeria's Flag is one of the best in the world, it's simplicity, uniqueness and grace is like second to none.

Learn to appreciate good Art.

2 Likes

Re: Recent Photo Of Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, The Man Who Designed The Nigerian Flag by Billygee2u: 12:07pm On Dec 09, 2016
iSlayer2:
he should tell buhari to let Biafra go that the flag is not for the SE ,that Biafrans have the most beautiful flag in the world ,then watch how people are going to honour the man.
Re: Recent Photo Of Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, The Man Who Designed The Nigerian Flag by zendy: 12:15pm On Dec 09, 2016
orimsamsam:
gbenu werey lo. As far as am concerned u are still a Nigerian. U are still living in Nigeria,

And how am I a Nigerian? Because Lord Lugard told you so?

I was an Igbo man before Lugard came and that I remain now that he gone back home.

Any other thing that happend in between, na u sabi.
Re: Recent Photo Of Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, The Man Who Designed The Nigerian Flag by stronggman: 12:17pm On Dec 09, 2016
But he was paid for a job he did then, what else does he want? Abeg make him park one side joor.
Re: Recent Photo Of Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, The Man Who Designed The Nigerian Flag by Babaalawoifa: 12:19pm On Dec 09, 2016
Kathmandu:
o

Why your papa no design am

1 Like

Re: Recent Photo Of Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, The Man Who Designed The Nigerian Flag by Nobody: 12:22pm On Dec 09, 2016
All bashing this man that he designed rubish are ppl who think they know but have empty reasoning faculties.

You kno nothing about art appreciation.
You are the type that grow up having money but yet have no piece of artwork in your houses you call homes.Not knowing a mansion without a piece of art... Is not even regarded as a home but a house by the Whites you try hard to copy.

Recently in the News was Dora Akuyilis daughter, the artist selling a piece of Art work for 1.1million dollars.
What was the art work made up? Cut pieces of Magazines pasted on a canvas with common glue sold on the market at 2,000 NAIRA and oil paint.

If one of these noise makers was given the opportunity to say something about the piece of work, you would have called it Nonsense. But yet the work was sold at UKs most prestigious Gallery of Art for an Amount You'ld struggle to make through out your life time.

She must have completed the painting under two months.

Wake up from your hateful lives an live life like sane ppl.

Appreciate ppls efforts to life and get a life for yourselves.

1 Like

Re: Recent Photo Of Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, The Man Who Designed The Nigerian Flag by QuietHammer(m): 12:23pm On Dec 09, 2016
Spare us this bullshit_ sob story. We have had enough. Was he not paid for his idea of the flag? Was any promise made to keep on paying him? Is the designing of the flag the only thing he has done in life?
I don't hear the sob story of the man who composed the national anthem. Give us a break!
Re: Recent Photo Of Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, The Man Who Designed The Nigerian Flag by Nnwannsukka(m): 12:25pm On Dec 09, 2016
dainformant:
Here's a recent picture of the famous man who designed Nigeria’s flag, Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, and his children. The icon is still alive but his present living condition is that of a forgotten hero. In October 1959, a year before Nigeria gained independence, He designed the flag and was paid – 100 pounds, equal to $281 in 1959.

Now at his old age, the living legend now lives in one of the poorest areas of Ibadan. His house painted in colours of Nigerian flag is a distinctive feature in the area and it can only be reached by foot.

Source; http://www.nationalhelm.net/2016/12/recent-photo-of-pa-akinkunmi-man-who.html
Hmmmmmmmmmm
Dis man inflated this nonsense on the the nation
How can u just decide an odd colour
GREEN WHITE GREEN
THE MOST DIFFERENT COLOUR IN PLANET EARTH
Re: Recent Photo Of Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, The Man Who Designed The Nigerian Flag by Bgorgeous: 12:31pm On Dec 09, 2016
This is Nigeria for you, they instead will celebrate the criminals who call themselves politicians
Re: Recent Photo Of Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, The Man Who Designed The Nigerian Flag by Nobody: 12:34pm On Dec 09, 2016
goshen26:

Just cos he is a Yoruba man, I know if he's ur brother u will see meaning to the flag...flag are not meant to be beautiful but to have powerful meaning, which Nigerian flag showcase....

No one in his right senses thwart the work of Ben Odiase or Chinua Achebe, but as soon as u hear any Yoruba ur problem arrives. A tribe full of pride and no respect for elders..smh

No wonder why ur tribe is RELATED TO WAKING UR ELDERLY ONES WITH KICK...POPULARLY KNOWN FOR NEGATIVE NAME (when your parents will not stop on 4 children) INTERNATIONALLY.....AWON ARA MALASIA ATI INDONESIA, FAMILY AWON ARA SAUDI...

You forgot their name ni? The developers they should signal the government that they need to develop the Nigerian Flag. To make it more beautiful.

I am an artist by profession and I know what beauty is. They don't know that there is beauty in simplicity.

Bunch of Idiots from the bush they call villages coming to Lagos to form big boys and girls grin

You need to see them when they just arrive from the bush they call villages, You will pity them

3 Likes

Re: Recent Photo Of Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, The Man Who Designed The Nigerian Flag by orimsamsam(m): 12:35pm On Dec 09, 2016
zendy:

And how am I a Nigerian? Because Lord Lugard told you so?

I was an Igbo man before Lugard came and that I remain now that he gone back home.

Any other thing that happend in between, na u sabi.
irrespective ur tribe u are a Nigeria. U can't travel out of the country with an Igbo or biafran passport.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Recent Photo Of Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, The Man Who Designed The Nigerian Flag by texazzpete(m): 12:37pm On Dec 09, 2016
ntebong:
Please, stop this national embarrassment , firstly the man was paid for designing the flag, besides GEJ gave him salary for life and above all he has grown up children let them take care of their aged father rather than presenting him as a beggar.
Some times ago good spirited Nigeria play who want to be a millionaire and won million for him . What else are they still looking for?
It is God given responsibilities for children to take care of their aged parent rather than always presenting him as a beggar full stop

It's so upsetting that people still keep coming up to try to guilt-trip Nigerians about this man.

This nation owes him nothing more. He was PAID for his design. All this talk about designating him a national hero and making the nation responsible for his upkeep is just plain foolish.

Let his Children and relations stop this shameful attempts to blackmail Nigerians into filling their coffers. Nonsense.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Recent Photo Of Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, The Man Who Designed The Nigerian Flag by Frankiss44(m): 12:38pm On Dec 09, 2016
iluvdonjazzy:
GEJ honoured him and put him on a salary scale equivalent to his special advicer, that's over 500,000 monthly.

So what else does he wants again? Make Dem share our budget into 2,give am one part before e go see himself as honourable?
Re: Recent Photo Of Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, The Man Who Designed The Nigerian Flag by blackprowler: 12:41pm On Dec 09, 2016
Sadly, Nigerian INDEPENDENCE is a failed enterprise (not Nigeria as a concept). We would MAYBE have become ready to be independent by 2060. Awo and Zik were desperate to become the new emperors, like Nkrumah. Served them right what subsequently happened to all of them
Re: Recent Photo Of Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, The Man Who Designed The Nigerian Flag by orimsamsam(m): 12:46pm On Dec 09, 2016
QuietHammer:
Spare us this bullshit_ sob story. We have had enough. Was he not paid for his idea of the flag? Was any promise made to keep on paying him? Is the designing of the flag the only thing he has done in life?
I don't hear the sob story of the man who composed the national anthem. Give us a break!
chinue Achebe books was also sold and he got paid for his work, yet he still an hero and he will always be celebrated. Just grow beyond your myopic reasoning

1 Like

Re: Recent Photo Of Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, The Man Who Designed The Nigerian Flag by Arclan07: 12:48pm On Dec 09, 2016
AbelPraize1:
I see some people saying this man did trash and that the flag is ugly well I don't blame them is the country not ugly? ,now I know d only thing u can be rewarded for in dis country is great crime,they abandoned dis man and elrufai paid millions for the herdsmen disturbing his people, Jonathan paid billion to Tompolo,Governors dat did nothing are been paid after the whole money dat has been embezzled by them,humm and youths are saying wat has he done,now I think I pity the future of this country, lastly let me has those criticising him dat the flag is ugly, where was their grandfather wen he was designing it?
You read my mind if all these young fools saying trashy things about this flag can only answer that question! Before you condem the flag done by someone way back 1959 ask yourself where was your father ,grandfather uncles etc if only you all understand the thought and motives behind the green white green most of these haters would not be spewing the rubbish going through their brains

2 Likes

Re: Recent Photo Of Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, The Man Who Designed The Nigerian Flag by AlphaPegasi: 12:50pm On Dec 09, 2016
so yoruba man designed the flag and awolowo another yoruba man named our money naira ? wow. what a powerful tribe.

2 Likes

Re: Recent Photo Of Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, The Man Who Designed The Nigerian Flag by xnsandrxns: 12:54pm On Dec 09, 2016
Intrepid01:

You sound too mean n saucy for a lady....just an observation. Let's have respect for the elders....btw you should be Yoruba, I guess.
On behalf of all Yorubas
We reject this one
Yorubas are not disrespectful
You read someone say biafra flag is beautiful
You are saying she's Yoruba undecided
Take time o

1 Like

Re: Recent Photo Of Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, The Man Who Designed The Nigerian Flag by hylyne(m): 1:00pm On Dec 09, 2016
It was contract and he was paid. Nigeria doesn't owe him nothing again.

If he was wise enough, he should have negotiated for a permanent position in the Civil service. Perhaps, he was myopic

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tunde Bakare: I Gave El-Rufai N160M To Contest For Kaduna Governor In 2015 / Leave Presidency For Me, Take State – Peter Obi Begs Wike / PHOTOS: Embattled Bukola Saraki dances his sorrows away in Ilorin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.