Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,431 members, 7,819,557 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:08 PM

Recent Photo Of Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, The Man Who Designed The Nigerian Flag - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Recent Photo Of Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, The Man Who Designed The Nigerian Flag (44116 Views)

"Tope Adebutu Said Obasanjo's Daughters Are Prostitutes" - Taiwo Obasanjo / Taiwo Obasanjo: "Tope Adebutu Bent On Destroying Olujonwo Obasanjo, My Son" / PHOTO: Osinbajo Gifts Amina Mohammed A Nigerian Flag (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Recent Photo Of Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, The Man Who Designed The Nigerian Flag by ferhyntorlah(f): 4:52pm On Dec 09, 2016
PaTaiwo Akinkunmi, who will forget the name?

Reminiscing my Primary school days:
Teacher: Who designed the Nigerian flag?
Class: Pa Taiwo Akinkunmi!!!

PS: I don't like the Nigerian flag; its too basic for my liking but I acknowledge his effort.
Re: Recent Photo Of Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, The Man Who Designed The Nigerian Flag by africanusvu(m): 4:56pm On Dec 09, 2016
Then wat else did u wnt nig to do 4 him.he was contracted to do d work and av been payed.he av been given national award and honour of MON.He is on gvt payrol.if we start counting peple who contributd reasonably 4 d nation.his name goes to d botom cos he is jst a contractor.was it spirits dat wrote d anthem?coat of arm?map?etc.hw av we setld war veterans?sportmen like dick tiger.powermike.yekini.peterrufai.etc why always this flagman and his children bodering us
Re: Recent Photo Of Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, The Man Who Designed The Nigerian Flag by ZUBzero18(m): 5:07pm On Dec 09, 2016
[quote author=Kathmandu post=51755475] Akwete, Kampala, Adire would have lookes
Re: Recent Photo Of Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, The Man Who Designed The Nigerian Flag by seguno2: 5:29pm On Dec 09, 2016
softMarket:
The Flag is beautiful but the country is Ugly!!!

Shey GEJ gave him salary for life,
have they cut it off

Yes na. The CHANGE people have cut it.
Did you not hear that EVERYTHING that Jonathan did was purely and simply about CORRUPTION. Including putting this our flag designer on salary for life.
Re: Recent Photo Of Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, The Man Who Designed The Nigerian Flag by mayorchelsea(m): 5:54pm On Dec 09, 2016
Intrepid01:

You sound too mean n saucy for a lady....just an observation. Let's have respect for the elders....btw you should be Yoruba, I guess.
she can't be Yoruba.If she's yoruba with that mean attitude of hers,It's sad.
Re: Recent Photo Of Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, The Man Who Designed The Nigerian Flag by bowman000(m): 6:58pm On Dec 09, 2016
angry
Re: Recent Photo Of Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, The Man Who Designed The Nigerian Flag by Ngozi123(f): 7:20pm On Dec 09, 2016
£100 was a lot of money in those days; the man should have invested more wisely. However, the Nigerian Government should officially acknowledge him, maybe by erecting a statue for him or giving him a plaque or something like that but that's only if they haven't done so already.
Re: Recent Photo Of Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, The Man Who Designed The Nigerian Flag by feeloscar(m): 9:05pm On Dec 09, 2016
What did he use the 100 pounds for?
Re: Recent Photo Of Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, The Man Who Designed The Nigerian Flag by Nobody: 10:03am On Dec 10, 2016
iSlayer2:

Don't mention my father you this street rat.
so u can defend ur father but can abuse another man's father. You must be stupid. Try n talk anyhow to another person's father and see how ur father will be drag in d mud. Useless nonentity.
Re: Recent Photo Of Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, The Man Who Designed The Nigerian Flag by apollo13(m): 7:40pm On Dec 17, 2016
iSlayer2:

Lowlife you cannot enter my family's compound. Street rat like you.
I don't blame you, it shows ur immatured and empty your brain is.
Re: Recent Photo Of Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, The Man Who Designed The Nigerian Flag by ArcToyin(m): 5:32pm On Dec 30, 2016
herzern:
OP.

Tell me where he lives in Ibadan.I wish to pay him a courtesy visit.

I think the man should be bestowed with the National honour thouqh.

TBH,He made a name for himself already,His name can never be forqotten in the history of this Great Nation.

Exactly, out of great number of people both rich and poor he was able to write his name in the national honorary profile of the country and not in looters list. I wish I have the grace too
Re: Recent Photo Of Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, The Man Who Designed The Nigerian Flag by truthonmission: 7:30pm On Dec 30, 2016
orimsamsam:
it just a pity how Nigeria treat people like dis. I know Dis man house and am surprise they ave repented it becos the green and white paint is fading. People like Dis should be celebrated.
Celebrated for what? Nigeria is coursed and a disgrace. everything that has to do with nigeria sgnify shame and reproach, including d flag, d pass-port, etc. so d life of this man and his condition symbolize nig. in every way.
Re: Recent Photo Of Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, The Man Who Designed The Nigerian Flag by truthonmission: 7:49pm On Dec 30, 2016
Nice to see baba looking cool.

Trues heroes don't survive in Nigeria, they're forgotten as quick as possible while corrupt politicians are conferred all sort of flowery honours and privileges

Truth be told Nigeria is becoming a very useless country, a country that cares not for his heroes, how can a sport minister tell the world he didn't expect his sportsmen to win trophies, the empty head of the red beret wearing idiot should be smashed with the trophy.

I stand with Igbos on the division of this dying, frustrating geographical space called Nigeria.
Now u're born again. born of d truth. therefore, go and work out ur salvation with ur brothers without fear of intimidation. the zoo is finished, ezi okwu.
Re: Recent Photo Of Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, The Man Who Designed The Nigerian Flag by orimsamsam(m): 8:28pm On Dec 30, 2016
truthonmission:
Celebrated for what? Nigeria is coursed and a disgrace. everything that has to do with nigeria sgnify shame and reproach, including d flag, d pass-port, etc. so d life of this man and his condition symbolize nig. in every way.
iPod yoot
Re: Recent Photo Of Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, The Man Who Designed The Nigerian Flag by tck2000(m): 1:47pm On Jun 06, 2019
great
Re: Recent Photo Of Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, The Man Who Designed The Nigerian Flag by princecrown007(m): 6:56am On Jun 07, 2019
One of his son was given an appointment in FCT. during the time of Jonathan. God bless Nigeria!
Re: Recent Photo Of Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, The Man Who Designed The Nigerian Flag by Kemillion(m): 2:57am On Jun 08, 2019
dainformant:
Here's a recent picture of the famous man who designed Nigeria’s flag, Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, and his children. The icon is still alive but his present living condition is that of a forgotten hero. In October 1959, a year before Nigeria gained independence, He designed the flag and was paid – 100 pounds, equal to $281 in 1959.

Now at his old age, the living legend now lives in one of the poorest areas of Ibadan. His house painted in colours of Nigerian flag is a distinctive feature in the area and it can only be reached by foot.

Source; http://www.nationalhelm.net/2016/12/recent-photo-of-pa-akinkunmi-man-who.html
so such a hero is still alive. pls he deserves an accolade.
Re: Recent Photo Of Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, The Man Who Designed The Nigerian Flag by Lifestone(m): 3:02am On Jun 08, 2019
it seems you don't know the meaning of beautiful cry check out Ghana South Africa or even Biafra flag.

That man should go down to Oshodi and hustle abeg
How could you call those flag of many colors beautiful. The Green and White colors of the Nigeria flag is dope. Simple and mature.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tunde Bakare: I Gave El-Rufai N160M To Contest For Kaduna Governor In 2015 / IGP Egbetokun Takes Security To Church (Photo) / Young Soldier Dies In Enugu State After His Passing Out Parade In Kaduna. Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.