Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,749 members, 7,809,866 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:19 PM

Logical Understanding Of Trinity (elohim) - Establishing The Doctrine Of Godhead - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Logical Understanding Of Trinity (elohim) - Establishing The Doctrine Of Godhead (8420 Views)

Do You Subscribe To The Doctrine Of Trinity? If "Yes", Take This Challenge! / The Trinity Doctrine Is a False doctrine and it is Unbiblical. / My Take On The Doctrine Of Trinity And Those Saying Jesus Is God Almighty! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Logical Understanding Of Trinity (elohim) - Establishing The Doctrine Of Godhead by Richirich713: 2:30pm On Dec 10, 2016
Barristter07:

Richirich713
How does trinity teach ONLY one God ?

*facepalm* it's like u not listening at all, I've told u ten times already Trinitarianism is the belief that there is ONLY One God, who exists as a triune being. The fact that they believe there is ONE GOD makes them monotheists.

Monotheism is the belief that there is ONLY one
God, NOT the belief that there is only one God, who is one person (that "one person" part is what u adding to the definition of monotheism.)

This is the part u seem to not understand, monotheism is not identical unitarianism (the belief that God is one person).

Barristter07:

God is said to have a throne in heaven, am wondering if its three people sitting on that throne or a single person. grin

"As I looked, thrones were placed, and the Ancient of days took his seat; his clothing was white as snow, and the hair of his head like pure wool; his throne was fiery flames; its wheels were burning fire. A stream of fire issued and came out from before him; a thousand thousands served him, and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him; the court sat in judgment, and the books were opened. (Daniel 7:9-10)

"I saw in the night visions, and behold, with the clouds of heaven there came one like a Son of Man, and he came to the Ancient of Days and was presented before him. And to him was given dominion and glory and a kingdom, that all peoples, nations, and languages should serve him; his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom one that shall not be destroyed." (Daniel 13-14)

Just in case u don't know, this is talking about Jesus. And there's plenty of evidence in the bible that shows Jesus is divine.

Barristter07:

its funny you are advising me to add up persons and not God. an insult to rational thinking grin

I corrected ur misunderstanding on what trinitarians mean when they say Jesus or the holy spirit is God. U thought the "is" as a "is of identity (that's why u added up 3 Gods) which is wrong, it's an "is" of predication.

This is an insult to rational thinking, not only did u not understand what trinitarians mean when they say Jesus is God, u took ur misunderstanding to make an argument against trinitarianism.

Barristter07:

Jesus is also the son OF God , which God ? himself ?

Jesus is the Son of the first person of the trinity, God the Father. Again the Father is not the Son.

Barristter07:

Is this what Trinity does to people's understanding , Bad! when someone cant recognize that a messenger speaks on behalf of the one who sent him.

Clap for yourself, you know scripture .

Wow great refutation, I post the verses that show this messenger was called God, u respond with " I don't understand! How God can be more than one person?, obviously this is not saying what it is saying grin", u reading what u want to see not what the text actually says. And since when do messengers give messages in first person, why does the messenger say "I am the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob".

Barristter07:

The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob is an Angel , right ? [/b]

Actually is more accurate to say I consider the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob to be a triune Being, who manifests himself as three persons. That's why moses calls more than one person God and this is why the bible contains numerous texts that shows God is triune being.

1 Like

Re: Logical Understanding Of Trinity (elohim) - Establishing The Doctrine Of Godhead by Richirich713: 2:50pm On Dec 10, 2016
Barristter07:

state of consciousness is the issue here , either he is DEAD or ALIVE ! Was he dead or Alive during the three days ?

I already told u he took upon a human nature and died as a human, he didn't cease to exist.
Re: Logical Understanding Of Trinity (elohim) - Establishing The Doctrine Of Godhead by adelee777: 4:59pm On Dec 10, 2016
all this arguing about 1+1+1, matter, energy, electron etc doesnt cut it. If u r arguing abt who a person is, d best way is not to argue in a merry-go-round manner. Just listen to what d person states about himself. If Jesus is God, who was He refering to in mark 15:34, john 20:17, and revelation 3:12. By d way, in john 20:17 He made d disciples realise (dat is if they hadnt already) dat the God they worshipped was also the God He worshipped. Nowhere in d scriptures did Jesus say He was God.
Re: Logical Understanding Of Trinity (elohim) - Establishing The Doctrine Of Godhead by Godstraight(m): 5:45pm On Dec 10, 2016
DeepSight:

Posting brain-dead inanities based on useless pagan fairy-tales he received from his white colonial master.

1 + 1 + 1 = Spiritual Idiocy and mental inferiority indeed.

Olodo rabata, useless mumu. Follow-Follow Zombie.

Clear-out of town!
colonial masters?,stop that
Re: Logical Understanding Of Trinity (elohim) - Establishing The Doctrine Of Godhead by DeepSight(m): 5:54pm On Dec 10, 2016
Godgay:
colonial masters?,stop that

Why?

Who brought that miserable fairy tale nonsense of a Trinity to these shores, tell me?
The shameful pagan doctrine that even Jews themselves despise and reject, but which ridiculous African gobble up?
Re: Logical Understanding Of Trinity (elohim) - Establishing The Doctrine Of Godhead by DeepSight(m): 5:54pm On Dec 10, 2016
adelee777:
all this arguing about 1+1+1, matter, energy, electron etc doesnt cut it. If u r arguing abt who a person is, d best way is not to argue in a merry-go-round manner. Just listen to what d person states about himself. If Jesus is God, who was He refering to in mark 15:34, john 20:17, and revelation 3:12. By d way, in john 20:17 He made d disciples realise (dat is if they hadnt already) dat the God they worshipped was also the God He worshipped. Nowhere in d scriptures did Jesus say He was God.

Simple!
Thank you!
Re: Logical Understanding Of Trinity (elohim) - Establishing The Doctrine Of Godhead by DeepSight(m): 5:55pm On Dec 10, 2016
Richirich713:
That's why moses calls more than one person God and this is why the bible contains numerous texts that shows God is triune being.

Please cite the texts here sir.
Re: Logical Understanding Of Trinity (elohim) - Establishing The Doctrine Of Godhead by Barristter07: 6:05pm On Dec 10, 2016
Richirich713:

I already told u he took upon a human nature and died as a human, he didn't cease to exist.

The keyword is he died , while His Father is Alive not dead . proving they are two different beings . if they are of one being, the father should have been dead too
Re: Logical Understanding Of Trinity (elohim) - Establishing The Doctrine Of Godhead by Richirich713: 6:23pm On Dec 10, 2016
Barristter07:

The keyword is he died , while His Father is Alive not dead . proving they are two different beings . if they are of one being, the father should have been dead too

All that proves is what trinitarians say, the second person of the trinity took upon human flesh and died (alone). The father didn't die with Jesus becuz the father isn't the same person as Jesus, he never took upon flesh, Jesus did.
Re: Logical Understanding Of Trinity (elohim) - Establishing The Doctrine Of Godhead by Richirich713: 6:26pm On Dec 10, 2016
DeepSight:

Please cite the texts here sir.

There's no need to, u not a Christian, what the texts say don't matter to u. You claimed that what the trinity teaches is not monotheism, u have yet to prove that claim.

All u did was define monotheism as unitarianism, then said the trinity wasn't monotheistic.
Re: Logical Understanding Of Trinity (elohim) - Establishing The Doctrine Of Godhead by Barristter07: 6:34pm On Dec 10, 2016
Richirich713:

*facepalm* it's like u not listening at all, I've told u ten times already Trinitarianism is the belief that there is ONLY One God, who exists as a triune being. The fact that they believe there is ONE GOD makes them monotheists.

Monotheism is the belief that there is ONLY one
God, NOT the belief that there is only one God, who is one person (that "one person" part is what u adding to the definition of monotheism.)

This is the part u seem to not understand, monotheism is not identical unitarianism (the belief that God is one person).

Monotheism strictly means There is only one God . at Deuteronomy 6:4 Moses told the isrealites that Yahweh the God of isreal is one Yahweh . not three .

Its just like saying Jesus is one Jesus , it will be silly for someone to twist this to mean Jesus exist in three persons . if it said Jesus is one .

So the only person worshipped by the isrealites is Yahweh , the God of Abraham , Isaac and Jacob .

"As I looked, thrones were placed, and the Ancient of days took his seat; his clothing was white as snow, and the hair of his head like pure wool; his throne was fiery flames; its wheels were burning fire. A stream of fire issued and came out from before him; a thousand thousands served him, and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him; the court sat in judgment, and the books were opened. (Daniel 7:9-10)

"I saw in the night visions, and behold, with the clouds of heaven there came one like a Son of Man, and he came to the Ancient of Days and was presented before him. And to him was given dominion and glory and a kingdom, that all peoples, nations, and languages should serve him; his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom one that shall not be destroyed." (Daniel 13-14)

Just in case u don't know, this is talking about Jesus. And there's plenty of evidence in the bible that shows Jesus is divine.

The thrones set up are how many , three ? grin grin grin

" Jesus sit at the right hand of the throne of God " Hebrew 12:2

How many persons sit on that throne of God? Why is Jesus at its right hand and not on the throne itself to prove they Re a trinity?

I corrected ur misunderstanding on what trinitarians mean when they say Jesus or the holy spirit is God. U thought the "is" as a "is of identity (that's why u added up 3 Gods) which is wrong, it's an "is" of predication.

This is an insult to rational thinking, not only did u not understand what trinitarians mean when they say Jesus is God, u took ur misunderstanding to make an argument against trinitarianism.

Jesus is the Son of the first person of the trinity, God the Father. Again the Father is not the Son.

You will always fumble, now u said Jesus is the son of God means Jesus is the Son of God the Father . And God the Father is different from God the son, isnt it ? Thats how many Gods ?

Wow great refutation, I post the verses that show this messenger was called God, u respond with " I don't understand! How God can be more than one person?, obviously this is not saying what it is saying grin", u reading what u want to see not what the text actually says. And since when do messengers give messages in first person, why does the messenger say "I am the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob".

Actually is more accurate to say I consider the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob to be a triune Being, who manifests himself as three persons. That's why moses calls more than one person God and this is why the bible contains numerous texts that shows God is triune being.

Answer my question , the God of Abraham , Isaac and Jacob is AN ANGEL ?
Re: Logical Understanding Of Trinity (elohim) - Establishing The Doctrine Of Godhead by Barristter07: 6:41pm On Dec 10, 2016
Richirich713:

All that proves is what trinitarians say, the second person of the trinity took upon human flesh and died (alone). The father didn't die with Jesus becuz the father isn't the same person as Jesus, he never took upon flesh, Jesus did.

It means both are different beings, . if they are one Being as your version of trinity implies , they would have died together. Thats what u dont yet understand .
Re: Logical Understanding Of Trinity (elohim) - Establishing The Doctrine Of Godhead by Godstraight(m): 7:42pm On Dec 10, 2016
DeepSight:

Why?

Who brought that miserable fairy tale nonsense of a Trinity to these shores, tell me?
The shameful pagan doctrine that even Jews themselves despise and reject, but which ridiculous African gobble up?
get your facts right,the British empire(our colonial masters)did not give a Bleep who their subject worshiped,their colonies span fr Africa to asia to hong Kong and Singapore, they no such religious obligation,they also had Muslim colonies whom retain their beliefs to these day,they also ruled India who are are Hindus to this day,the French had carved north Africa who are muslims to this day,the only european empires who destroyed and enforce their own beliefs on their subjects were the Spanish and Portuguese and they carried their expenditure in the medieval ages,american,private churches in Europe,us at that time are responsible for the missionaries that came this way,christainity didn't come all at once they planted seeds by created schools and establishment, most our grand father's at the 1960s were actually pagans who sent their kids to some of this schools who ended becoming. Christians, the religion grew SO fast in southern Nigeria, infact during the 90s in Benin city those days,tradictionalist were the majority,now every tom and dick goes to church.so actually the British are not responsible to Christianity in Nigeria, if they were we would have had a church of Nigeria, and Anglicanism would have been the dominate religion,not penticoastals(american version of Christianity) and catholics.
Re: Logical Understanding Of Trinity (elohim) - Establishing The Doctrine Of Godhead by Richirich713: 11:35pm On Dec 10, 2016
Barristter07:

Monotheism strictly means There is only one God . at Deuteronomy 6:4 Moses told the isrealites that Yahweh the God of isreal is one Yahweh . not three .

I said a million times already trinitarians also say there is only one God, that's makes them monotheists.

And again u equating unitarianism with monotheism (even tho I corrected u every post nw), the terms don't mean the thing. To be a monotheist does not mean u have to be a unitarian.

Deuteronomy 6:4 also doesn't say what u want it to say, the surrounding context implies the verse is intended to contrast Yahweh to the possibility of other gods existing with him. The verse is essentially saying that there is one God, not that within the being of God is one person.

This is also made clear by the Hebrew term rendered as "one", if God wanted to make it clear that he was an unitarian being, he could have use the Hebrew word term "yachid" which means an absolute or solitary oneness, it would have made it clear that there is not plurality within the being of God. If u were an unitarian. That's what u wud expect to find, but unfortunately for unitarians that is not what we find.

The Hebrew term rendered as one is actually "echad" which refers to a compound oneness in which a number of things together are described as "one". This is the term trinitarians wud expect to find not unitarians.

Barristter07:

Its just like saying Jesus is one Jesus , it will be silly for someone to twist this to mean Jesus exist in three persons . if it said Jesus is one .

Jesus is one person, we know this, there no point in asking if he exists as three persons when we know that he is one person. Yahweh in the old testament and especially in the New Testament made it clear that he co-existed as three persons.

Barristter07:

So the only person worshiped by the isrealites is Yahweh , the God of Abraham , Isaac and Jacob .

Yahweh is not one person, he is one being. Scripture makes it clear that three in the old and new testament can be called God, meaning Yahweh is a triune Being who exists as three co-existing persons.

Barristter07:

The thrones set up are how many , three ? grin grin grin
" Jesus sit at the right hand of the throne of God " Hebrew 12:2

Again u misunderstand how the term "God" is being used because again you are assuming unitarianism, the NT testament uses the term God to refer to any one of the three persons of the trinity, it mostly uses the term to refer to the father to distinguish him for the Son and Spirit. For example, Jesus is called God :

"Thomas said to him, “My Lord and my God!” (John 20:28)

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." (John 1:1-3)

"Theirs are the patriarchs, and from them is traced the human ancestry of Christ, who is God over all, forever praised! Amen." (Romans 9:5)

"while we wait for the blessed hope—the glorious appearing of[b] our great God and Savior[/b], Jesus Christ," Titus 2:13

"But about the Son he says, ‘Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever, and righteousness will be the scepter of your kingdom.’" (Hebrews 1:cool

"Simon Peter, a servant and apostle of Jesus Christ, To those who through t[b]he righteousness of [/b]our God and Savior Jesus Christ have received a faith as precious as ours:" (2 Peter 1:1)

Why is the bible calling another person God? I thought the scriptures teach only one person is God.

And of the Holy spirit :

"Then Peter said, "Ananias, how is it that Satan has so filled your heart that you have lied to the Holy Spirit and have kept for yourself some of the money you received for the land? 4 Didn't it belong to you before it was sold? And after it was sold, wasn't the money at your disposal? What made you think of doing such a thing? You have not lied to men but to God." (Acts 5:3)

"Don’t you know that you yourselves are God’s temple and that God’s Spirit dwells in your midst?" (1 Cor 3:16)

"Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own." (1 Cor 6:19)

"For we are the[b] temple of the living God[/b]." (2 Cor 6:16)

All these verses show that ur view that God is one person is incorrect, the above verses only make sense if God is a triune being, not a unitarian being.
Now as a unitarian, how do u explain all these verses that says Jesus and the Holy Spirit is God? And who was God talking when he said "Let us make man in our image" in Genesis 1:26 ?

Barristter07:

How many persons sit on that throne of God? Why is Jesus at its right hand and not on the throne itself to prove they Re a trinity?

*facepalm* u again assuming unitarianism. Ur replies show u don't even know what I'm saying. You've already assumed that there is only one God, (that's true) but then u go further by assuming that this means God is one person and only one person is God but the verses above show this is not true, since Jesus and the Holy spirit are called God

The verses I posted above shows that three are called God in the NT(proving that ur unitarian assumption that God is one person is false). Now context determines which person the NT author is referring to when it uses the term "God". The context of the verse u posted makes it clear that the first person of the trinity (the father) is being referred to when the text talks about the throne of God, so essentially wat u asking me, is why doesn't Jesus sit on his father throne, the answer is obvious - He is not the father.

Barristter07:

You will always fumble, now u said Jesus is the son of God means Jesus is the Son of God the Father . [i] And God the Father is different from God the son, isnt it ? Thats how many Gods ?

I never used the title " God the Son" becuz I thought u wud probably misunderstand it. It doesn't even mean Jesus is a different God, it is a title for the second person of the trinity, all it means is Jesus is divine and is the 2nd person of the trinity.
Jesus is the Eternal word of God, meaning he is one with the Father.

Barristter07:

Answer my question , the God of Abraham , Isaac and Jacob is AN ANGEL ?

No, The God of "AIJ" is a triune being who exists as three co-existing eternal persons. Although The second nd third persons of the trinity have operated as messengers since the father sent both the Son nd Spirit., so it's no surprise that the bible calls Jesus God (meaning he is divine, not that he is the totality of the trinity) and a messenger.

Also the Hebrew word "Malak" , which most bibles translate as "angel" in does not mean a winged being in heaven , that's a modern misunderstanding. The word in hebrew just means messenger or representative. The old testament evens use the same Hebrew word to refer human messengers, for in Gen 32:3 we read :

"Jacob sent messengers (Mlakim) ahead of him to his brother Esau in the land of Seir, the country of Edom. "
If God the Father sent the Son (which he did) the Son wud be operating as a messenger., but that wouldn't take away his divinity, he wud still be equal to the father in essence.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Logical Understanding Of Trinity (elohim) - Establishing The Doctrine Of Godhead by Richirich713: 12:25am On Dec 11, 2016
Barristter07:

It means both are different beings, . if they are one Being as your version of trinity implies , they would have died together. Thats what u dont yet understand .

My "version" doesn't imply that they are three different beings, I've told u numerous times already that there is three persons not beings within the one God.

I've also told u that the father is not the Son, and that it was he son who took upon a human flesh and not the father, the father couldn't have died, he never took on human flesh.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Logical Understanding Of Trinity (elohim) - Establishing The Doctrine Of Godhead by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:33am On Dec 11, 2016
Richirich713:

I said a million times already trinitarians also say there is only one God, that's makes them monotheists.

And again u equating unitarianism with monotheism (even tho I corrected u every post nw), the terms don't mean the thing. To be a monotheist does not mean u have to be a unitarian.

Deuteronomy 6:4 also doesn't say what u want it to say, the surrounding context implies the verse is intended to contrast Yahweh to the possibility of other gods existing with him. The verse is essentially saying that there is one God, not that within the being of God is one person.

This is also made clear by the Hebrew term rendered as "one", if God wanted to make it clear that he was an unitarian being, he could have use the Hebrew word term "yachid" which means an absolute or solitary oneness, it would have made it clear that there is not plurality within the being of God. If u were an unitarian. That's what u wud expect to find, but unfortunately for unitarians that is not what we find.

The Hebrew term rendered as one is actually "echad" which refers to a compound oneness in which a number of things together are described as "one". This is the term trinitarians wud expect to find not unitarians.

Jesus is one person, we know this, there no point in asking if he exists as three persons when we know that he is one person. Yahweh in the old testament and especially in the New Testament made it clear that he co-existed as three persons.

Yahweh is not one person, he is one being. Scripture makes it clear that three in the old and new testament can be called God, meaning Yahweh is a triune Being who exists as three co-existing persons.

Again u misunderstand how the term "God" is being used because again you are assuming unitarianism, the NT testament uses the term God to refer to any one of the three persons of the trinity, it mostly uses the term to refer to the father to distinguish him for the Son and Spirit. For example, Jesus is called God :

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." (John 1:1-3)

"Theirs are the patriarchs, and from them is traced the human ancestry of Christ, who is God over all, forever praised! Amen." (Romans 9:5)

"while we wait for the blessed hope—the glorious appearing of[b] our great God and Savior[/b], Jesus Christ," Titus 2:13

"But about the Son he says, ‘Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever, and righteousness will be the scepter of your kingdom.’" (Hebrews 1:cool

"Simon Peter, a servant and apostle of Jesus Christ, To those who through t[b]he righteousness of [/b]our God and Savior Jesus Christ have received a faith as precious as ours:" (2 Peter 1:1)

Why is the bible calling another person God? I thought the scriptures teach only one person is God.

And of the Holy spirit :

"Then Peter said, "Ananias, how is it that Satan has so filled your heart that you have lied to the Holy Spirit and have kept for yourself some of the money you received for the land? 4 Didn't it belong to you before it was sold? And after it was sold, wasn't the money at your disposal? What made you think of doing such a thing? You have not lied to men but to God." (Acts 5:3)

"Don’t you know that you yourselves are God’s temple and that God’s Spirit dwells in your midst?" (1 Cor 3:16)

"Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own." (1 Cor 6:19)

All these verses show that ur view that God is one person is incorrect, the above verses only make sense if God is a triune being, not a unitarian being.
Now as a unitarian, how do u explain all these verses that says Jesus and the Holy Spirit is God? And who was God talking when he said "Let us make man in our image" in Genesis 1:26 ?

*facepalm* u again assuming unitarianism. Ur replies show u don't even know what I'm saying. You've already assumed that there is only one God, (that's true) but then u go further by assuming that this means God is one person and only one person is God but the verses above show this is not true, since Jesus and the Holy spirit are called God

The verses I posted above shows that three are called God in the NT(proving that ur unitarian assumption that God is one person is false). Now context determines which person the NT author is referring to when it uses the term "God". The context of the verse u posted makes it clear that the first person of the trinity (the father) is being referred to when the text talks about the throne of God, so essentially wat u asking me, is why doesn't Jesus sit on his father throne, the answer is obvious - He is not the father.

I never used the title " God the Son" becuz I thought u wud probably misunderstand it. It doesn't even mean Jesus is a different God, it is a title for the second person of the trinity, all it means is Jesus is divine and is the 2nd person of the trinity.

No, The God of "AIJ" is a triune being who exists as three co-existing eternal persons. Although The second nd third persons of the trinity have operated as messengers since the father sent both the Son nd Spirit., so it's no surprise that the bible calls Jesus God (meaning he is divine, not that he is the totality of the trinity) and a messenger.

Also the Hebrew word "Malak" , which most bibles translate as "angel" in does not mean a winged being in heaven , that's a modern misunderstanding. The word in hebrew just means messenger or representative. The old testament evens use the same Hebrew word to refer human messengers, for in Gen 32:3 we read :

"Jacob sent messengers (Mlakim) ahead of him to his brother Esau in the land of Seir, the country of Edom. "
If God the Father sent the Son (which he did) the Son wud be operating as a messenger., but that wouldn't take away his divinity, he wud still be equal to the father in essence.

This certainly has to be one of the best explanations of The Triune Nature of God .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Logical Understanding Of Trinity (elohim) - Establishing The Doctrine Of Godhead by Barristter07: 5:48am On Dec 11, 2016
Richirich713

Richirich713:

Take For example, Deuteronomy 17:6 reads:

“At the mouth of two witnesses, or three witnesses, shall he that is worthy of death be put to death; but at the mouth of one (echad) witness he shall not be put to death.”

Or Ecclesiastes 4:8 reads:

“There is one (echad) alone, without a companion; yes he has neither son…”

In the above two verses the exact same Hebrew word is used, and clearly the word echad is referring to one alone, not a compound unity.

No true isrealite including King David and others will read that scripture and think of a Trinity

FYI, Jesus is not the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob ,

See lie, Show me where exactly Yahweh is described as three Co - existing persons ? With the word " three"

point 1: the God of Abraham , Isaac and Jacob is named Yahweh , and Jesus is not the God of Abraham ,Isaac and Jacob .. That title was never used for him, that wont be the case if he was actually Yahweh . but instead he was called a servant of the God of Abraham

Point 2: Yahweh is called the MOST HIGH God, abeg ,.. Is jesus the Most High ? 1 Cor 11:3 . yahweh is an exclusive name for the MOst High ( psalm 83:18 )

Point 3: Yahweh has a son , please if Jesus co existed as Yahweh , who is the Son of Jesus Christ ? grin ( psalm 2:7)

And of the Holy spirit :

Add humans to the list too, since humans are called Gods .

Add Satan too, Since satan is called God

We are now having millionity of Gods now since each human is a God, isn't it ?

Before I forget, Add moses too , since he was also made a God ( Exodus 7:1 )

Add Apostle Paul too, since he was called God ( Act 28:6)

Your logic of anything or anyone called God makes them a the true God is totally nonsensical.

Who Did the scripture identify as the Only True God ?

Nonsense logic

Humans are called Gods too in the same bible, do u forget that ? So why stop counting at three? Add that!

Add Satan too, was he not called God ?

Add Paul too , he was called God ( theos)

The verses I posted above shows that three are called God in the NT (proving that ur unitarian assumption that God is one person is false).

Many are called God in the scripture, so stop lying.

But for us there is ONE GOD,
according to scripture WHO?

Answer that and lets see if the One God is one person or a Trinity

Now context determines which person the NT author is referring to when it uses the term "God". The context of the verse u posted makes it clear that the first person of the trinity (the father) is being referred to when the text talks about the throne of God, so essentially wat u asking me, is why doesn't Jesus sit on his father throne, the answer is obvious - He is not the father.

Hahahahaha , context will determine which person of God is been reffered to " looolllz , My man I cant stop laughing at this various postulations , who is the ONLY TRUE GOD ? This should settle it

Scripture mentions that couples are one , that Jesus and his Father are one, but never said Jesus and his Father are ONE GOD, so all this twisting and lying doesnt solve anything.

For us, there is One God ... Who ?

Again, answer that and let's see if the one God is one person or a trinity

No, The God of "AIJ" is a triune being who exists as three co-existing eternal persons.

grin grin grin the God of Abraham , Isaac and Jacob is a triune being kikikikiki , but Jesus is definitely not part of the triune being because he is called a servant of the God of Abraham Act 3:13.

Or tell me something new, he was a servant of Himself ? grin

Although The second nd third persons of the trinity have operated as messengers since the father sent both the Son nd Spirit., so it's no surprise that the bible calls Jesus God (meaning he is divine, not that he is the totality of the trinity) and a messenger.

dont divert please from the event of the burning bush

You mean the scripture you quote was wrong to say the Angel of God appear to moses ? U have a very big problem

Since you are saying the Angel who speaks to Moses is the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, I need to ask since the person speaking was reffered to as an ANGEL, Is The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob an Angel ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Logical Understanding Of Trinity (elohim) - Establishing The Doctrine Of Godhead by Barristter07: 6:10am On Dec 11, 2016
Richirich713:

My "version" doesn't imply that they are three different beings, I've told u numerous times already that there is three persons not beings within the one God.

For true Christians, there is one God ... Who? Three persons or single person - 1 Cor 8:6

I've also told u that the father is not the Son, and that it was he son who took upon a human flesh and not the father, the father couldn't have died, he never took on human flesh.

Two different beings, if they are one or same being tooking on human flesh would have applied to both . since it doesnt, stop deceiving yourself that they are one being. They are two different beings
Re: Logical Understanding Of Trinity (elohim) - Establishing The Doctrine Of Godhead by Richirich713: 6:54am On Dec 11, 2016
Re: Logical Understanding Of Trinity (elohim) - Establishing The Doctrine Of Godhead by Richirich713: 7:02am On Dec 11, 2016
Barristter07:

For true Christians, there is one God ... Who? Three persons or single person - 1 Cor 8:6

For true Christians, the word and spirit of God weren't created substances, they one with the Father. I can't separate the word of God from God, it's one with him. You can't separate the spirit of God from God, It's one with him.

Barristter07:

Two different beings, if they are one or same being tooking on human flesh would have applied to both . since it doesnt, stop deceiving yourself that they are one being. They are two different beings

Persons not beings
Re: Logical Understanding Of Trinity (elohim) - Establishing The Doctrine Of Godhead by Barristter07: 7:43am On Dec 11, 2016
Richirich713:

For true Christians, the word and spirit of God weren't created substances, they one with the Father. I can't separate the word of God from God, it's one with him. You can't separate the spirit of God from God, It's one with him.

Persons not beings

grin grin grin see epistle, to lie is not easy sha

For us there is one God, who please according to scripture ? Say who and lets know if its one person or three person
Re: Logical Understanding Of Trinity (elohim) - Establishing The Doctrine Of Godhead by MrMontella(m): 9:53am On Dec 11, 2016
Barristter07:

grin grin grin see epistle, to lie is not easy sha

For us there is one God, who please according to scripture ? Say who and lets know if its one person or three person
nice work there brother...

1 Like

Re: Logical Understanding Of Trinity (elohim) - Establishing The Doctrine Of Godhead by Richirich713: 12:12pm On Dec 11, 2016
Lol I give up guy , this is my last reply to u, I don't think u get what I'm saying, every post I've tried to explain what the trinity claims and every time u don't seem to hear what I said, I can't keep repeating myself. Maybe I'm not explaining it clear enough what I'm trying to convey so I'll leave u links at the bottom.

Barristter07:
Richirich713

Take For example, Deuteronomy 17:6 reads:

“At the mouth of two witnesses, or three witnesses, shall he that is worthy of death be put to death; but at the mouth of one (echad) witness he shall not be put to death.”

Or Ecclesiastes 4:8 reads:

“There is one (echad) alone, without a companion; yes he has neither son…”

In the above two verses the exact same Hebrew word is used, and clearly the word echad is referring to one alone, not a compound unity.

No true isrealite including King David and others will read that scripture and think of a Trinity

FYI, Jesus is not the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob ,

Sorry I forget to add "often", I meant it's often used for compound oneness unlike Yachid which means an absolute or solitary oneness. If God was a unitarian being he wud have use yachid to make it absolutely clear. U can even watch that video I link earlier, it's says the same thing.

Barristter07:

See lie, Show me where exactly Yahweh is described as three Co - existing persons ? With the word " three"

I gave u verses showing the new testament call three God, and they didn't mean they were false gods. What do u think the NT meant when it called jesus God?

Barristter07:

point 1: the God of Abraham , Isaac and Jacob is named Yahweh , and Jesus is not the God of Abraham ,Isaac and Jacob .. That title was never used for him, that wont be the case if he was actually Yahweh . but instead he was called a servant of the God of Abraham

He became a servant when took upon a human nature, he was still divine and one with God though. So the whole servant thing isn't a problem, he had a divine nature and a human nature, the Hypostatic Union.

Barristter07:

Point 2: Yahweh is called the MOST HIGH God, abeg ,.. Is jesus the Most High ? 1 Cor 11:3 . yahweh is an exclusive name for the MOst High ( psalm 83:18 )

Jesus is called Yahweh by Paul, Paul says Jesus was the rock that lead the Israelites to the desert, meaning Paul thought Jesus was Yahweh (again this wouldn't make any sense if Paul thought Yahweh was a unitarian being):

"I want you to know, brothers, that our fathers were all under the cloud, and all passed through the sea, and all were baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea, and all ate the same spiritual food, and all drank the same spiritual drink. For they drank from the spiritual Rock that followed them, AND THE ROCK was Christ....‘The people sat down to eat and drink and rose up to play.’ We must not indulge in sexual immorality as some of them did, and twenty-three thousand fell in a single day. We must not put Christ to the test, as some of them did and were destroyed by serpents, nor grumble, as some of them did and were destroyed by the Destroyer." ( 1 Corinthians 10)

Paul referring to this episode in the OT :

"Then they set out from Mount Hor by the way of the Red Sea, to go around the land of Edom; and the people became impatient because of the journey. The people spoke against God and Moses, 'Why have you brought us up out of Egypt to die in the wilderness? For there is no food and no water, and we loathe this miserable food.' The LORD (YAHWEH) sent fiery serpents among the people and they bit the people, so that many people of Israel died. So the people came to Moses and said, 'We have sinned, because we have spoken against the LORD and you; intercede with the LORD, that He may remove the serpents from us.' (Numbers 21)

Barristter07:

Point 3: Yahweh has a son , please if Jesus co existed as Yahweh , who is the Son of Jesus Christ ? grin ( psalm 2:7)

Again u assuming unitarianism. Yahweh is not an unitarian being. The NT applies verses of Yahweh in th OT to Jesus, this makes no sense if Yahweh is an unitarian being.

Yahweh is a triune being, all persons within the trinity can be called Yahweh collectively or individually.

That's why Jesus could say:

"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name (singular) of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit." (Matthew 29:19)

Who's name is that?

This is why John also thought that when Isaiah said he saw Yahweh, he actually saw Jesus :

"In the year that King Uzzi'ah died I saw the LORD (Yahweh) sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up; and his train filled the temple. Above him stood the seraphim; each had six wings: with two he covered his face, and with two he covered his feet, and with two he flew. And one called to another and said: ‘Holy, holy, holy is the LORD of hosts; the whole earth is full of his glory.’ And the foundations of the thresholds shook at the voice of him who called, and the house was filled with smoke. And I said: ‘Woe is me! For I am lost; for I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips; for my eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts!’ Then flew one of the seraphim to me, having in his hand a burning coal which he had taken with tongs from the altar. And he touched my mouth, and said: ‘Behold, this has touched your lips; your guilt is taken away, and your sin forgiven.’ And I heard the voice of the Lord saying, ‘Whom shall I send, and who will go for US?’ Then I said, ‘Here am I! Send me.’ And he said, ‘Go, and say to this people: "Hear and hear, but do not understand; see and see, but do not perceive." Make the heart of this people fat, and their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their hearts, and turn and be healed.’ Then I said, ‘How long, O Lord?’ And he said: ‘Until cities lie waste without inhabitant, and houses without men, and the land is utterly desolate, and the LORD removes men far away, and the forsaken places are many in the midst of the land. And though a tenth remain in it, it will be burned again, like a terebinth or an oak, whose stump remains standing when it is felled.’ The holy seed is its stump." (Isaiah 6:1-13)

And John says Isaiah saw Jesus although the texts says Isaiah saw Yahweh, meaning John thought it was okay to call Jesus Yahweh, which again makes no sense if Yahweh is a unitarian being :

"Even after Jesus had done all these miraculous signs in their presence, they still would not believe in him. This was to fulfill the word of Isaiah the prophet: ‘Lord, who has believed our message and to whom has the arm of the Lord been revealed?’ For this reason they could not believe, because, as Isaiah says elsewhere: ‘He has blinded their eyes and deadened their hearts, so they can neither see with their eyes, nor understand with their hearts, nor turn—and I would heal them.’ Isaiah said this because he saw Jesus’ glory and spoke about him." (John 12:37-41)

Barristter07:

Add humans to the list too, since humans are called Gods .

Add Satan too, Since satan is called God

We are now having millionity of Gods now since each human is a God, isn't it ?

Before I forget, Add moses too , since he was also made a God ( Exodus 7:1 )

Add Apostle Paul too, since he was called God ( Act 28:6)

Lol , so what u saying? The bible is calling Jesus a false God?

Those verses ain't a problem for my trinitarianism. None of those verses which calls humans gods or Satan god ever imply or say that they are the God of Abraham, Isaac or Jacob, never do they apply the texts of Yahweh in the OT to satan or humans, but they do that for Jesus.

Barristter07:

Your logic of anything or anyone called God makes them a the true God is totally nonsensical. [/i]

If someone calls someone the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, I take it they meant what they saying. I'm not talking about just being called God, I'm talking about being called the God of the AIJ.

Barristter07:

Who Did the scripture identify as the Only True God ?

The father is the only true God, Jesus is the Word of the Father meaning he is one with the Father. Why do u think the Holy spirit is called the spirit of Christ and the spirit of God, they all one. This is why Paul said Jesus is equal in nature to the father, they all one.

That's why Jesus said :

"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name (singular) of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit." (Matthew 29:19)

Barristter07:

Nonsense logic

Humans are called Gods too in the same bible, do u forget that ? So why stop counting at three? Add that!

All those humans are not called the God of abraham, Isaac and Abraham, never are they called Yahweh, they are not called "our great God and Savior"

Barristter07:

Add Satan too, was he not called God ?
Many are called God in the scripture, so stop lying.

Add Paul too , he was called God ( theos)

read wat I said above.

Barristter07:

But for us there is ONE GOD,
according to scripture WHO?

Answer that and lets see if the One God is one person or a Trinity
Hahahahaha , context will determine which person of God is been reffered to " looolllz , My man I cant stop laughing at this various postulations , who is the ONLY TRUE GOD ? This should settle it

Yes context tells us to who the term God is applying to, that's basic Hermeneutics. How do u determine who the word "theos" is referring to below, and u can't refer to any context grin :

“My Lord and my God!”

"our God and Savior"

"who is God over all"

Lol tell me who is being refer to as God without giving any context.

Barristter07:

Scripture mentions that couples are one , that Jesus and his Father are one, but never said Jesus and his Father are ONE GOD, so all this twisting and lying doesnt solve anything.

For us, there is One God ... Who ?

Again, answer that and let's see if the one God is one person or a trinity

They not one in the sense that Christ is one with the Father, Christ is the ETERNAL WORD OF GOD, meaning he has always existed and has always been one with God. God's word isn't created.

"So then, about eating food sacrificed to idols: We know that an idol is nothing at all in the world and that there is no God but one. For even if there are so called gods, whether in heaven or on earth (as indeed there are many "gods" and many "lords"wink, yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live." (1 Corinthians 8:4-6)

This passage is more of a problem for u than me.

1st is Jesus one of these so-called (false) gods?

2nd is the father our Lord?

3rd as I already said Jesus is the Eternal word of God meaning he is one with God, u can't see separate God's Word from him and make him a created being., God's word is eternal and uncreated and one with him.

Barristter07:

grin grin grin the God of Abraham , Isaac and Jacob is a triune being kikikikiki , but Jesus is definitely not part of the triune being because he is called a servant of the God of Abraham Act 3:13.

Or tell me something new, he was a servant of Himself ? grin

*facepalm* more of a problem for u than me :

"Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus: Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped, but made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness. And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself and became obedient to death — even death on a cross!" (Philippians 2:5-cool

This verse says Jesus is equal to the father in nature(Jesus divine nature)? And that he took upon a human flesh, becoming a servant, his incarnation (the Hypostatic Union).

Barristter07:

dont divert please from the event of the burning bush

You mean the scripture you quote was wrong to say the Angel of God appear to moses ? U have a very big problem

Loollz u made that up. I never said such a thing.

Barristter07:

Since you are saying the Angel who speaks to Moses is the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, I need to ask since the person speaking was reffered to as an ANGEL, Is The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob an Angel ?

Actually I said exactly what the text says, u said what u want the text to say not what it actually says, here's the text for u again :

"Now Moses was tending the flock of Jethro his father-in-law, the priest of Midian, and he led the flock to the far side of the desert and came to Horeb, the mountain of God. There the angel of the LORD appeared to him in flames of fire from within a bush. Moses saw that though the bush was on fire it did not burn up. So Moses thought, ‘I will go over and see this strange sight—why the bush does not burn up.’ When the LORD saw that he had gone over to look, God called to him from within the bush, ‘Moses! Moses!’ And Moses said, ‘Here I am.’ ‘Do not come any closer,’ God said. ‘Take off your sandals, for the place where you are standing is holy ground.’ Then he said, ‘I am the God of your father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob.’ At this, Moses hid his face, because he was afraid to look at God.’"(Exodus 3:1-6)

And :

“Go, assemble the leaders of Israel. Say to them, ‘The Lord God of your ancestors, the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, appeared to me." (Exodus 3:16)

I've already shown that the text is actually literally saying a messenger appeared to moses and moses is calling this messenger God.

I'm not a fool, u would like me to use the term "angel" so that u can misrepresent what I'm saying by applying our modern English understanding of that term. I'm going with what the text literally says, so stick with the word "messenger" to avoid confusion.

And this verse says exactly what I'm saying :

"There the angel(messenger) of the LORD appeared to him in flames of fire from within a bush." (Exodus 3:2)

“Go, assemble the leaders of Israel. Say to them, ‘The Lord God of your ancestors, the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, appeared to me." (Exodus 3:16)

This doesn't make any sense if Yahweh is an unitarian being.

We also know that there was one person in the OT that operated as a messenger who had the name of Yahweh within him and had the authority to forgive sins.

"I am going to send an angel (messenger) before you, to protect you in the way, and to bring you into the place which I have prepared. Take heed because of him, and obey his voice; do not rebel against him, for he will not pardon your transgressions, for my name is in him. (Exodus 20-22)

There's much more, verse and passages but I'll end here.

Here the links I was referring to :

http://www.tektonics.org/jesusclaims/trinitydefense.php

http://christianthinktank.com/trin01.html is very long and detailed.

Thanks 4 da discussion.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Logical Understanding Of Trinity (elohim) - Establishing The Doctrine Of Godhead by MrMontella(m): 12:40pm On Dec 11, 2016
shadeyinka:

Haven't I given the explanation?

The OP is making perfect sense:
1. Base ten Arithmetic:
1+1+1=3
2. Base two Arithmetic:
1+1+1=11
3. Logical or Boolean Arithmetic:
1+1+1=1

Although, for me Trinity is best understood from the Physics point of view and not mathematics.

In Physics, we have
Wave:Particle duality of matter
Or
Mass:Energy equivalence

In simple terms, Mass and Energy are different forms of the same thing. Yet both are distinctively different in nature

Energy and Mass are different forms of the same thing.
Yet both are distinctively different in nature

Its like the more you look, the more confounded you are. Example: an electron is both a wave and a particle but a wave is distinctively different from a particle.
matter is a different form of energy...
Energy is energy and nothing else
Re: Logical Understanding Of Trinity (elohim) - Establishing The Doctrine Of Godhead by Meziem1010(m): 1:38pm On Dec 11, 2016
Christ was ask by one of his followers, 'show us the father' and he answered, have i not been too long with you that u still ask me to show you the father? Christ ones said, i come in my fathers name and in another place he said, i will send you a comforter in my name. In all these, i believe there is only one God but in three different offices or three redeeming periods.' as Elohim, as a redeemer and as a comforter and not three distinctive persons in one called trinity. SHALOM
Re: Logical Understanding Of Trinity (elohim) - Establishing The Doctrine Of Godhead by Barristter07: 3:35pm On Dec 11, 2016
Richirich713

Richirich713:
Lol I give up guy , this is my last reply to u, I don't think u get what I'm saying, every post I've tried to explain what the trinity claims and every time u don't seem to hear what I said, I can't keep repeating myself. Maybe I'm not explaining it clear enough what I'm trying to convey so I'll leave u links at the bottom.

Sorry I forget to add "often", I meant it's often used for compound oneness unlike Yachid which means an absolute or solitary oneness. If God was a unitarian being he wud have use yachid to make it absolutely clear. U can even watch that video I link earlier, it's says the same thing.

I gave u verses showing the new testament call three God, and they didn't mean they were false gods. What do u think the NT meant when it called jesus God?

He became a servant when took upon a human nature, he was still divine and one with God though. So the whole servant thing isn't a problem, he had a divine nature and a human nature, the Hypostatic Union.

Jesus is called Yahweh by Paul, Paul says Jesus was the rock that lead the Israelites to the desert, meaning Paul thought Jesus was Yahweh (again this wouldn't make any sense if Paul thought Yahweh was a unitarian being):

"I want you to know, brothers, that our fathers were all under the cloud, and all passed through the sea, and all were baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea, and all ate the same spiritual food, and all drank the same spiritual drink. For they drank from the spiritual Rock that followed them, AND THE ROCK was Christ....‘The people sat down to eat and drink and rose up to play.’ We must not indulge in sexual immorality as some of them did, and twenty-three thousand fell in a single day. We must not put Christ to the test, as some of them did and were destroyed by serpents, nor grumble, as some of them did and were destroyed by the Destroyer." ( 1 Corinthians 10)

Paul referring to this episode in the OT :

"Then they set out from Mount Hor by the way of the Red Sea, to go around the land of Edom; and the people became impatient because of the journey. The people spoke against God and Moses, 'Why have you brought us up out of Egypt to die in the wilderness? For there is no food and no water, and we loathe this miserable food.' The LORD (YAHWEH) sent fiery serpents among the people and they bit the people, so that many people of Israel died. So the people came to Moses and said, 'We have sinned, because we have spoken against the LORD and you; intercede with the LORD, that He may remove the serpents from us.' (Numbers 21)

Again u assuming unitarianism. Yahweh is not an unitarian being. The NT applies verses of Yahweh in th OT to Jesus, this makes no sense if Yahweh is an unitarian being.

Yahweh is a triune being, all persons within the trinity can be called Yahweh collectively or individually.

That's why Jesus could say:

Who's name is that?

This is why John also thought that when Isaiah said he saw Yahweh, he actually saw Jesus :

"In the year that King Uzzi'ah died I saw the LORD (Yahweh) sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up; and his train filled the temple. Above him stood the seraphim; each had six wings: with two he covered his face, and with two he covered his feet, and with two he flew. And one called to another and said: ‘Holy, holy, holy is the LORD of hosts; the whole earth is full of his glory.’ And the foundations of the thresholds shook at the voice of him who called, and the house was filled with smoke. And I said: ‘Woe is me! For I am lost; for I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips; for my eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts!’ Then flew one of the seraphim to me, having in his hand a burning coal which he had taken with tongs from the altar. And he touched my mouth, and said: ‘Behold, this has touched your lips; your guilt is taken away, and your sin forgiven.’ And I heard the voice of the Lord saying, ‘Whom shall I send, and who will go for US?’ Then I said, ‘Here am I! Send me.’ And he said, ‘Go, and say to this people: "Hear and hear, but do not understand; see and see, but do not perceive." Make the heart of this people fat, and their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their hearts, and turn and be healed.’ Then I said, ‘How long, O Lord?’ And he said: ‘Until cities lie waste without inhabitant, and houses without men, and the land is utterly desolate, and the LORD removes men far away, and the forsaken places are many in the midst of the land. And though a tenth remain in it, it will be burned again, like a terebinth or an oak, whose stump remains standing when it is felled.’ The holy seed is its stump." (Isaiah 6:1-13)

And John says Isaiah saw Jesus although the texts says Isaiah saw Yahweh, meaning John thought it was okay to call Jesus Yahweh, which again makes no sense if Yahweh is a unitarian being :

"Even after Jesus had done all these miraculous signs in their presence, they still would not believe in him. This was to fulfill the word of Isaiah the prophet: ‘Lord, who has believed our message and to whom has the arm of the Lord been revealed?’ For this reason they could not believe, because, as Isaiah says elsewhere: ‘He has blinded their eyes and deadened their hearts, so they can neither see with their eyes, nor understand with their hearts, nor turn—and I would heal them.’ Isaiah said this because he saw Jesus’ glory and spoke about him." (John 12:37-41)

Lol , so what u saying? The bible is calling Jesus a false God?

Those verses ain't a problem for my trinitarianism. None of those verses which calls humans gods or Satan god ever imply or say that they are the God of Abraham, Isaac or Jacob, never do they apply the texts of Yahweh in the OT to satan or humans, but they do that for Jesus.

If someone calls someone the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, I take it they meant what they saying. I'm not talking about just being called God, I'm talking about being called the God of the AIJ.

The father is the only true God, Jesus is the Word of the Father meaning he is one with the Father. Why do u think the Holy spirit is called the spirit of Christ and the spirit of God, they all one. This is why Paul said Jesus is equal in nature to the father, they all one.

That's why Jesus said :

All those humans are not called the God of abraham, Isaac and Abraham, never are they called Yahweh, they are not called "our great God and Savior"

read wat I said above.

Yes context tells us to who the term God is applying to, that's basic Hermeneutics. How do u determine who the word "theos" is referring to below, and u can't refer to any context grin :

“My Lord and my God!”

"our God and Savior"

"who is God over all"

Lol tell me who is being refer to as God without giving any context.

They not one in the sense that Christ is one with the Father, Christ is the ETERNAL WORD OF GOD, meaning he has always existed and has always been one with God. God's word isn't created.

"So then, about eating food sacrificed to idols: We know that an idol is nothing at all in the world and that there is no God but one. For even if there are so called gods, whether in heaven or on earth (as indeed there are many "gods" and many "lords"wink, yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live." (1 Corinthians 8:4-6)

This passage is more of a problem for u than me.

1st is Jesus one of these so-called (false) gods?

2nd is the father our Lord?

3rd as I already said Jesus is the Eternal word of God meaning he is one with God, u can't see separate God's Word from him and make him a created being., God's word is eternal and uncreated and one with him.

*facepalm* more of a problem for u than me :

"Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus: Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped, but made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness. And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself and became obedient to death — even death on a cross!" (Philippians 2:5-cool

This verse says Jesus is equal to the father in nature(Jesus divine nature)? And that he took upon a human flesh, becoming a servant, his incarnation (the Hypostatic Union).

Loollz u made that up. I never said such a thing.

Actually I said exactly what the text says, u said what u want the text to say not what it actually says, here's the text for u again :

"Now Moses was tending the flock of Jethro his father-in-law, the priest of Midian, and he led the flock to the far side of the desert and came to Horeb, the mountain of God. There the angel of the LORD appeared to him in flames of fire from within a bush. Moses saw that though the bush was on fire it did not burn up. So Moses thought, ‘I will go over and see this strange sight—why the bush does not burn up.’ When the LORD saw that he had gone over to look, God called to him from within the bush, ‘Moses! Moses!’ And Moses said, ‘Here I am.’ ‘Do not come any closer,’ God said. ‘Take off your sandals, for the place where you are standing is holy ground.’ Then he said, ‘I am the God of your father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob.’ At this, Moses hid his face, because he was afraid to look at God.’"(Exodus 3:1-6)

And :

I've already shown that the text is actually literally saying a messenger appeared to moses and moses is calling this messenger God.

I'm not a fool, u would like me to use the term "angel" so that u can misrepresent what I'm saying by applying our modern English understanding of that term. I'm going with what the text literally says, so stick with the word "messenger" to avoid confusion.

And this verse says exactly what I'm saying :

"There the angel(messenger) of the LORD appeared to him in flames of fire from within a bush." (Exodus 3:2)

This doesn't make any sense if Yahweh is an unitarian being.

We also know that there was one person in the OT that operated as a messenger who had the name of Yahweh within him and had the authority to forgive sins.

"I am going to send an angel (messenger) before you, to protect you in the way, and to bring you into the place which I have prepared. Take heed because of him, and obey his voice; do not rebel against him, for he will not pardon your transgressions, for my name is in him. (Exodus 20-22)

There's much more, verse and passages but I'll end here.

Here the links I was referring to :

http://www.tektonics.org/jesusclaims/trinitydefense.php

http://christianthinktank.com/trin01.html is very long and detailed.

Thanks 4 da discussion.

grin grin since the person speakin to moses is identified as an Angel , abeg is the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob an ANGEL ? This remains a question you didnt answer . so far you claimed the messenger himself is the God of Abraham, tell us then if the God of Abraham is an angel not this epistle u are writing

Secondly, nowhere is Jesus called the God of Abraham , Isaac and Jacob . the apostles know Jesus isnt the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob - Read Act 3:13 . instead Jesus is a servant of the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob . this wont make sense if Jesus is that same being

NOTE: this was after Jesus had went back to heaven. He is still called a servant of Yahweh .

Act 3: 13 " The God of Abraham and of Isaac and of Jacob, the God of our forefathers, has glorified his Servant, Jesus, whom you handed over and disowned before Pilate, even though he had decided to release him"

"

Jesus clearly is not the God of the isrealite forefathers, He isnt the God of Abraham , Isaac and Jacob as this satanic doctrine of trinity blinding men from the true God insists .

Am happy you admit the Father is the only true God.

Meanwhile, some texts describing Yahweh the God of the isrealite forefathers were applied to Jesus because Jesus ... came as the Father's representative John 16:28, John 7:59

JESUS HIMSELF testify that the person the Jews called their God is his own Father.

Clearly Jesus is not the God of Abraham , Isaac and Jacob . Read Act 3:13
Re: Logical Understanding Of Trinity (elohim) - Establishing The Doctrine Of Godhead by GoodMuyis(m): 2:22pm On Apr 02, 2019
bump

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Living Faith Pastors That Hav Stayed Over Seven Years Asked To Go. / The Fear Of End Time And How To Overcome / Why Do Evil People Live Longer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 208
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.