Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,054 members, 7,828,712 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:16 PM

Governing Body Of Jehovah's Witnesses Warns Against Ponzi Schemes - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Governing Body Of Jehovah's Witnesses Warns Against Ponzi Schemes (36645 Views)

A Nairalander Wisdom Nwedene's Outfit To Jehovah's Witnesses Convention In Enugu / See What Donald Trump Said About The Ban Of Jehovah’s Witnesses In Russia / 2016 "Remain Loyal To Jehovah" Regional Convention Of Jehovah’s Witnesses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governing Body Of Jehovah's Witnesses Warns Against Ponzi Schemes by emijo(m): 7:24pm On Dec 11, 2016
Thank God this op will remain poor forever

1 Like

Re: Governing Body Of Jehovah's Witnesses Warns Against Ponzi Schemes by ogaprime(m): 7:24pm On Dec 11, 2016
profeoo:
Sure,we all have to be careful of all these quick rich schemes.It is actually robbing Peter to pay Paul

Please sir, explain the word or act "robbing" in "robbing peter to pay paul"
Re: Governing Body Of Jehovah's Witnesses Warns Against Ponzi Schemes by Ken24(m): 7:37pm On Dec 11, 2016
xana101:
The higher d risk, d higher d returns. #think

Yeah,d economics we failed to understand...
Re: Governing Body Of Jehovah's Witnesses Warns Against Ponzi Schemes by jist2day: 7:44pm On Dec 11, 2016
entrepreneurmic:
U ARE RIGHT, I AM A WITNESS THOSE INFORMATION ARE FALSE. NO LETTER OF SUCH WAS DISCUSS IN OUR KINGDOM HALL. SOME PEOPLE ARE TRYING TO GIVE D WITNESSES A BAD NAME. SHAME TO D PERSON THAT IS PROMOTING THIS WRONG INFORMATION ABOUT JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES.
Some Nigerians are really working hard to bring down mmm.
Re: Governing Body Of Jehovah's Witnesses Warns Against Ponzi Schemes by curvilicious: 7:46pm On Dec 11, 2016
When will this mmm crash sef?

1 Like

Re: Governing Body Of Jehovah's Witnesses Warns Against Ponzi Schemes by wisevirus: 7:53pm On Dec 11, 2016
angry

1 Like

Re: Governing Body Of Jehovah's Witnesses Warns Against Ponzi Schemes by jist2day: 7:53pm On Dec 11, 2016
?

3 Likes

Re: Governing Body Of Jehovah's Witnesses Warns Against Ponzi Schemes by Originalsly: 8:10pm On Dec 11, 2016
truthspeaks:
grin grin. Only in Nigeria, govt n organisations want to control how one spends his own money.

Who dem epp grin
Bertie Madoff ran a Ponzi Scheme in the US.... didn't the US govt shut it down and send him to prison?... for life? It was people spending their own money.

1 Like

Re: Governing Body Of Jehovah's Witnesses Warns Against Ponzi Schemes by Tact: 8:13pm On Dec 11, 2016
curvilicious:
When will this mmm crash sef?
Why so much hate? Not any time soon...just so you know...bloody nitwit.
Re: Governing Body Of Jehovah's Witnesses Warns Against Ponzi Schemes by entrepreneurmic: 8:18pm On Dec 11, 2016
udasly:
no wonder Jehova Witness people are always stingy..i have so many of dem as friends and even in my neighbourhood...dey would rather commit suicide than to give you 5 naira from dia pocket
THIS PERSON GET 1ST CLASS FOR LIE.

5 Likes

Re: Governing Body Of Jehovah's Witnesses Warns Against Ponzi Schemes by LOVEGINO(m): 8:27pm On Dec 11, 2016
Elijahrona:
Gb stands for governing body. These men are the anointed leaders of Jehovah's witnesses worldwide.

They sent a letter.. Not just to Nigerian congregations but to congregations worldwide.

I attended our weekly meetings today and a letter warning against any ponzi schemes was read.

Can't say everything in it sha but the details were:
1. Trust God for all your financial needs

2. If you're not sure whether the scheme would crash or not, don't introduce it to your brothers

3. Never be driven by the love of money

4. Satan is looking for ways to drive Christians into his court. Try to be vigilant

At the end of the letter, Hebrew 13: 5 and 6 was read.

Thank God i didn't go mmm or anyone
Buhari supporters everywhere. One way block, another way must open. God punish devil!
Re: Governing Body Of Jehovah's Witnesses Warns Against Ponzi Schemes by Tact: 8:28pm On Dec 11, 2016
Why must everything be related to religion? The irony of it all is that most of these people claiming to be men of God are bloody hypocrites and are into these same scheme...smh. Lmao the category of people that will populate hell eh...issorai
Re: Governing Body Of Jehovah's Witnesses Warns Against Ponzi Schemes by Pauldollars(m): 9:00pm On Dec 11, 2016
[quote author=blackberlin post=51835443]All I know is that these Ponzi schemes, MLM etc just kill people's creativity and make them more aggressive financially, albeit on a low level.

The richest people in the world didn't get there by quick-money schemes, they got there by identifying what people needed and meeting those needs.[[url][/url]/quote]
Re: Governing Body Of Jehovah's Witnesses Warns Against Ponzi Schemes by Wizteaser: 9:01pm On Dec 11, 2016
What about fix deposits in banks which attract interest, some churches even give out loan with interest. Don't push me, let me not mention names.
Re: Governing Body Of Jehovah's Witnesses Warns Against Ponzi Schemes by Funpeter: 9:12pm On Dec 11, 2016
Marvel1206:
Like if you support MMM, share if you're against it
and the likes have it.

1 Like

Re: Governing Body Of Jehovah's Witnesses Warns Against Ponzi Schemes by ekanDamie: 9:14pm On Dec 11, 2016
jist2day:
Note that the governing body did not mention mmm, I've been waiting to see this letter.
2-The governing body did not ask you not to take financial risks-but if you suspect it will crash, don't introduce it to your brothers.
Don't make the congregation a business ground.
Don't be driven by greed.
WARNING: DON'T DRAG THE GOVERNING BODY INTO COMMENTS ABOUT MMM.
YOUR FINANCIAL RISKS IS YOUR PERSONAL DECISION.
are you a Jehovah's witness? I agree with ur point no 2 op should not have publicly aired what was directed to the fold only.
Re: Governing Body Of Jehovah's Witnesses Warns Against Ponzi Schemes by ekanDamie: 9:17pm On Dec 11, 2016
Artistree:

I've been scrolling down to see a comment like this, it is just an admonition and not a specific warning not to participate in MMM.
Normally we're not allowed to discuss business in our meeting places or in field service.
definitely, u a brother. I have been battling with this MMM thought for a while.
can we discuss on it?
Re: Governing Body Of Jehovah's Witnesses Warns Against Ponzi Schemes by lumeneng22: 9:24pm On Dec 11, 2016
profeoo:
Sure,we all have to be careful of all these quick rich schemes.It is actually robbing Peter to pay Paul
. Which peter was Robb to pay paul? You should try explain to people to understand not just throw a meaningless proceed because some enemy of progress are fighting the scheme. Anything that tend to bridge the gap between the rich and the poor is always resisted.
Re: Governing Body Of Jehovah's Witnesses Warns Against Ponzi Schemes by Faitholu(m): 9:27pm On Dec 11, 2016
[b]It is very improper and unscriptural and unacceptable for governing body's advice and letter to God s people to become nairaland page issues. Very very unbecoming. This post is to be deleted[/b]

2 Likes

Re: Governing Body Of Jehovah's Witnesses Warns Against Ponzi Schemes by Artistree: 9:29pm On Dec 11, 2016
ekanDamie:

definitely, u a brother. I have been battling with this MMM thought for a while.
can we discuss on it?
Pm
Re: Governing Body Of Jehovah's Witnesses Warns Against Ponzi Schemes by ekanDamie: 9:42pm On Dec 11, 2016
Artistree:
Pm
sent
Re: Governing Body Of Jehovah's Witnesses Warns Against Ponzi Schemes by Adeboyefa(f): 9:57pm On Dec 11, 2016
Haoqi24:

Why do you think Paul wrote most of the new testament? #think
...because Peter had been "robbed" to pay Paul.
Re: Governing Body Of Jehovah's Witnesses Warns Against Ponzi Schemes by Raskasal(m): 10:20pm On Dec 11, 2016
truthspeaks:
grin grin. Only in Nigeria, govt n organisations want to control how one spends his own money.

Who dem epp grin

Why do they have millions of branches? And even collect tight? Ponzi scheme is not limited to mmm, some churches too are Ponzi scheme

2 Likes

Re: Governing Body Of Jehovah's Witnesses Warns Against Ponzi Schemes by 1stLadyTee: 10:20pm On Dec 11, 2016
OK oooo
Making money is all about taking risk. That's what most of the people involved in all these Ponzi schemes are doing.

If one ain't a risk preferer, the person shouldn't bother participating in any. Those of you saying most of the Millionaires & Billionaires we have today didn't make their money through get rich quick schemes.
How sure are you that they are telling you the whole truth on how they got their wealth?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governing Body Of Jehovah's Witnesses Warns Against Ponzi Schemes by dreezybines: 10:26pm On Dec 11, 2016
J4parry:

@check the bolded, it doesn't exist.

Yh Thanks...

Made a mistake...

Corrected it...

1 Like

Re: Governing Body Of Jehovah's Witnesses Warns Against Ponzi Schemes by dreezybines: 10:56pm On Dec 11, 2016
alizma:

Oga which one is Jeremiah 15 vs 37? can't find that in my Bible.
though I don't support the MMM stuff but the first two verses you quote has nothing to do with MMM.
The word Usury as used in those verses was used to describe the act of given financial assistance to someone in need while demanding for exorbitant interest. contrary to that, MMM is the borrower who promised to pay exorbitant interest and not the lenders asking for the interest.
the absence of compassion and love for a brother in need, by demanding higher interest before financial assistance is rendered was the base upon which Usury was condemned therefore if a man come to me to borrow 1000 with promise to pay 1500(50% interest) in two weeks time, of which I am not the one demanding for the interest, pls tell me where I have sin.
Note: I am not supporting MMM but just to clarify those verses. pls always go some verse before or further to understand more about a particular verse that interest you in the Bible so that you could understand that very verse of your interest better.
MMM IS ROBBING PETER TO PAY PAUL.

I grab your point...

As long as you are lending, with the mind of collecting that interest it's not scriptural...

Please read those verses very well...

A person doing the mmm stuff is doing it to get his/her money and the interest... or do u think other wise?

@bolded Come to think of it, No anyHow person can just come to you for money and you'll lend it out...
You can only lend someone you know money...

Please why collecting interest from a person close to you? The only reason why a person will do that is because he/she is a stingy person...

I've corrected the verse,Thanks...
Re: Governing Body Of Jehovah's Witnesses Warns Against Ponzi Schemes by Nobody: 11:11pm On Dec 11, 2016
Nigerian Pastors just collect their Mavro this morning. Next sunday na another Mavro day for them grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governing Body Of Jehovah's Witnesses Warns Against Ponzi Schemes by sunnyt1(m): 11:20pm On Dec 11, 2016
blackberlin:
All I know is that these Ponzi schemes, MLM etc just kill people's creativity and make them more aggressive financially, albeit on a low level.

The richest people in the world didn't get there by quick-money schemes, they got there by identifying what people needed and meeting those needs.
do people participate in mmm to be the richest in the world?
Re: Governing Body Of Jehovah's Witnesses Warns Against Ponzi Schemes by amerimex(m): 11:44pm On Dec 11, 2016
Marvel1206:
Like if you support MMM, share if you're against it

The[b] likes[/b] have it
Re: Governing Body Of Jehovah's Witnesses Warns Against Ponzi Schemes by Girlbestfriend(f): 11:44pm On Dec 11, 2016
epospiky:
They won't understand... it's buhari regime

u said it all
Re: Governing Body Of Jehovah's Witnesses Warns Against Ponzi Schemes by Ablitmuspaper(m): 11:45pm On Dec 11, 2016
Koleman:
wat baffles me is the speed with which stories like these make front page.... abeg make mods them pity us naw. una don make money and una no want us to join una too I know its satanic but my question is how much the so-called saints don give us Note: I haven't joined mmm yet but will join soon sha.
hw is it satanic
Re: Governing Body Of Jehovah's Witnesses Warns Against Ponzi Schemes by tojahh(m): 11:48pm On Dec 11, 2016
You just helped the mods/Nairaland to ridicule the congregation and the faithful slave... This letter WAS for the congregation consumption yet you maybe because you want to get a first page post brought it here. Now you've gotten their response.

The Governing Body never mentioned MMM in that letter neither they did asked you not to participate. Just a precaution as we always warn ourselves when engaging in it. It only wanted you to be cautious and even safe you from thrive and envy when eventually what you thought it is and advertise to your 'brothers' proves otherwise.

Anyway, we are have one or two scheme we invest in even before MMM. So heed the admonition.

Gracias

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Psalm 23 In Pidgin / CAN Reacts To Buhari's Sack Of Jim Obazee, FRCN Boss / 10 Ways Youths React When Their Pastors Say They Should Not Engage in Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.