Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,404 members, 7,812,192 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:51 AM

Toyota Yaris Vs Toyota Corolla (pls Help) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Toyota Yaris Vs Toyota Corolla (pls Help) (5538 Views)

Toyota Corolla 2006 Vs. Toyota Matrix 2005: Which Should I Buy / Peugeot 406 (2004) Vs Toyota Corolla 2008 (pictures) / Honda Accord 2009( Evil Spirit) Vs Toyota Camry 2009 (spider) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Toyota Yaris Vs Toyota Corolla (pls Help) by Atk1nson(m): 7:27pm On Dec 09, 2016
hi house

I noticed 2008 Yaris is sold at a fairly cheaper amount to Corolla of same year, even 2006 Corrola is priced more expensive than a 2008 Yaris.

Someone told me Yaris is more prone to accidents. I'll like to know if there are other valid reasons.

BTW, the price used for comparing both are prices for Nigerian-used cars.
Re: Toyota Yaris Vs Toyota Corolla (pls Help) by daomi(m): 7:37pm On Dec 09, 2016
Prone to accident? Can u pls explain
Re: Toyota Yaris Vs Toyota Corolla (pls Help) by Atk1nson(m): 7:45pm On Dec 09, 2016
daomi:
Prone to accident? Can u pls explain
I was told it could flip over on high speed or sharp turns
Re: Toyota Yaris Vs Toyota Corolla (pls Help) by Kaydeexotic(m): 9:29pm On Dec 09, 2016
Atk1nson:

I was told it could flip over on high speed or sharp turns
It's a bloody God forsaken lie.. .don't mind him.. .accidents depend majorly on the drivers habit.. .faulty vehicle or other careless road users....
If you are a careful driver and you have a good maintenance culture.. ..any car will serve you well for as long as you wish to use it.. .

2 Likes

Re: Toyota Yaris Vs Toyota Corolla (pls Help) by Kjnwancaro: 9:40pm On Dec 09, 2016
Nothing wey person no go hear for this country. Prone to accident? Even Kia picanto isn't prone to any accident it depends on guy behind the wheels forming Lewis Hamilton
Re: Toyota Yaris Vs Toyota Corolla (pls Help) by Atk1nson(m): 8:57am On Dec 10, 2016
Kjnwancaro:
Nothing wey person no go hear for this country. Prone to accident? Even Kia picanto isn't prone to any accident it depends on guy behind the wheels forming Lewis Hamilton

That us by the way, why is yaris cheaper
Re: Toyota Yaris Vs Toyota Corolla (pls Help) by Kjnwancaro: 9:10am On Dec 10, 2016
Atk1nson:

That us by the way, why is yaris cheaper

Because in Nigeria the demand for corolla is high hence the price. And the demand is high not because it is a better vehicle but becuase of the General Nigerian believe that 'Na ihn good that's why everybody dey use am'. Walk around the street count the number of corollas compared to any other brand/model in the world.

P.s Yaris has a better fuel economy than corolla with a 1.5L engine compered to corollas 1.8L

2 Likes

Re: Toyota Yaris Vs Toyota Corolla (pls Help) by mili3kid(m): 11:00am On Dec 12, 2016
Kjnwancaro:

Because in Nigeria the demand for corolla is high hence the price. And the demand is high not because it is a better vehicle but becuase of the General Nigerian believe that 'Na ihn good that's why everybody dey use am'. Walk around the street count the number of corollas compared to any other brand/model in the world.

P.s Yaris has a better fuel economy than corolla with a 1.5L engine compered to corollas 1.8L
fuel economy is sure gonna be better in the yaris compared to the corolla "all things being equal"... but the corolla engine will be stronger and more powerful than the yaris na sebi?
Re: Toyota Yaris Vs Toyota Corolla (pls Help) by mili3kid(m): 11:01am On Dec 12, 2016
Kjnwancaro:

I stil wonder why people still fall for that trick. imagine these corollas all because of popular demand going for almost 2million naira... omo I shock o
Re: Toyota Yaris Vs Toyota Corolla (pls Help) by Kjnwancaro: 11:42am On Dec 12, 2016
More power? yes, stronger? Not sure. If you give it good care it's as good as any other engine
mili3kid:

fuel economy is sure gonna be better in the yaris compared to the corolla "all things being equal"... but the corolla engine will be stronger and more powerful than the yaris na sebi?
Re: Toyota Yaris Vs Toyota Corolla (pls Help) by mili3kid(m): 3:56pm On Dec 12, 2016
Kjnwancaro:
More power? yes, stronger? Not sure. If you give it good care it's as good as any other engine
sorry na power I wan talk wey I mention stronger. was reading a review of d ride cuz v loved d yaris for a long tym. some users complained abt low power... bt i love au cute d ride is sha. did U see one very sweet one for sale in auto section?

(1) (Reply)

Help Nissan Maxima Not Accelerating / My Experience With A Bump At 140km/hr / 2007 2.5L Volkswagen Jetta Overheating

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.