Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,533 members, 7,819,914 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:31 AM

Why We Should Tarry In God's Presence - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why We Should Tarry In God's Presence (7800 Views)

The Implications Of God's Presence With You (6) / How To Activate God's Presence (4) / You Can Accept Evolution And Still Believe In God (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why We Should Tarry In God's Presence by Thepasserby(m): 8:40am On Dec 11, 2016
freeman95:

Okay bro, if God doesn't seek followers why will he burn those who do not follow him hahahahahaha

Why is he getting mad at things he created?

God does not force HIMSELF on people and that's the reason why you have the power to choose what you believe in or worship.

You believe God created the universe and that settles it all.

Have you ever wondered why you have a brain? It was a free gift from God for you to think.

The reason why you are asking these questions is because you need answers. Please send me an email with all your questions and with the help of God, I shall answer them.
Re: Why We Should Tarry In God's Presence by skeendyke: 8:43am On Dec 11, 2016
freeman95:
God kor God ni

Where was GOD When innocent children are suffering of hunger, yet your bastard God kept blessing the wicked politicians and evil doers...

Your God can't even handle a world he claimed to have created, everything dey scatter for en face yet he dey there dey claim almighty...

Your God will die in Jesus name hahahahaha

The thoughts of a resident of Fantasy Land.
Re: Why We Should Tarry In God's Presence by skeendyke: 8:45am On Dec 11, 2016
Op, very nice topic.

1 Like

Re: Why We Should Tarry In God's Presence by Nobody: 8:49am On Dec 11, 2016
Thepasserby:
Why we should tarry in God's presence

Acts 1:4
And, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith he, ye have heard of me. (KJV)

We are keen on going into the presence of God and still want to leave in a haste. We want to speak to God but when God decides to speak to us, we say the closing prayer and close the meeting.

The secret behind the great prophets and apostles was that they were able to tarry in God's and receive the much needed grace.

Here are what we stand to gain when we tarry in God's presence.

1. We receive strength (Isaiah 40:31)
The race is not always to the swift but to the graced. When we tarry in God's presence, he grants into us strength to carry on.

2. We receive power (Acts 1:8, 2:1-3)
Waiting is not waiting but acting while waiting. When we wait and act, we receive the promised power (dunamis).

3. We have an encounter. (Gen 28:10-14)
No one has ever encountered God and remain the same.

4. We hear from God (Hab 2:1)
Contrary to what the world thinks, God is still speaking but we must avail ourselves to hear from HIM.

5. We understand His plans (Gen 18:17)
When we wait in God's presence, HE reveals his plans to us.

When next we enter into the presence of God, let's not be too fast to leave. It is better to wait than to be a bait.

Jesus loves you.

culled from www.palmchatnow.com

I don't think it matters when you leave if your mind is On what other people did where you really in his presence ?
Re: Why We Should Tarry In God's Presence by sirfee(m): 9:16am On Dec 11, 2016
friedcorn:
As atheist i wonder the kind of presence seun tarries in?

Maybe lucifer's...
Don't start what you can't finish,aren't you a christian?why are you displaying your ignorance to the public on a thread like this.FYI I'm a free thinker but I believe in God.
Re: Why We Should Tarry In God's Presence by friedcorn: 9:37am On Dec 11, 2016
Tell me
Uyi168:
Its obvious u know nothing abt atheism..
Re: Why We Should Tarry In God's Presence by sesaan(m): 10:01am On Dec 11, 2016
Thepasserby:

There is no need to be confused. God created man and gave him the power of freewill. God can control a man and make him do whatsoever HE desires. In order for God to respect HIS image in man, He gave man one thing that all other creatures lacked: the willpower.

God is not asking you to follow HIM because he lacks followers. It's a choice you have to make willingly. God has never forced HIMSELF on anyone and HE will not start now.

I know you are a seeker of the truth, so seek the real truth and forget about religion.

John 8:32
and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”

John 14:6
Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

If you find truth in Atheism, please continue.
i
who gave U this Bible U so much trust?? guy wake up!

Re: Why We Should Tarry In God's Presence by CXLVII: 11:57am On Dec 11, 2016
The last set of people I know who tarried with God ended up having a building collapse on there head. grin grin grin
Re: Why We Should Tarry In God's Presence by herald9: 12:00pm On Dec 11, 2016
In Uyo, the only benefits they derived from the presence of God was some crude death.

I been start to dey go church... But now, I'm scared grin
Re: Why We Should Tarry In God's Presence by Thepasserby(m): 2:38pm On Dec 11, 2016
sesaan:
i
who gave U this Bible U so much trust?? guy wake up!

Thanks for your observation. Maybe am dreaming but I have found truth in the Bible that is not present in any other book. I have found rest and fulfillment.

Jesus loves you
Re: Why We Should Tarry In God's Presence by AndyAustin(m): 3:28pm On Dec 11, 2016
Bless you.

1 Like

Re: Why We Should Tarry In God's Presence by Faith111: 3:38pm On Dec 11, 2016
Nice one. The presence of God refreshes.

1 Like

Re: Why We Should Tarry In God's Presence by Unike1(m): 5:47pm On Dec 11, 2016
God doesn't desire to lose any of his creations. Draw near to him and he will draw near to you. He gave us free will to choose who to serve. He loves and desires your heart, he wants to bless you and prosper you but only if you will open your heart to him. I see his goodness in my life everyday. I've had days of plenty and abundance, and in my days of lack I call upon him and he never failed to supply my needs. I want you to experience the abundance of God's love by drawing close to him. It isn't God's desire that we suffer, but sin has brought this upon us. The Babylonians sinned and God punished them. Abraham served and obeyed God and he was blessed. Choose to serve him today in spirit and truth and I assure you of his blessings here on earth and life eternal in heaven.

1 Like

Re: Why We Should Tarry In God's Presence by ejirocaro: 10:55am On Dec 14, 2016
It is good 2 dwell ln God's presence.
Re: Why We Should Tarry In God's Presence by ejirocaro: 11:31am On Dec 14, 2016
May God hve mercy upon pple dat re running der mouth against God
Re: Why We Should Tarry In God's Presence by Martinez19(m): 4:32pm On Dec 21, 2016
OP tell that to the people that died in uyo. Or did they tarry too long and over stayed their welcome? Strength they received from the Lord was not strong enough to protect them from being crushed by the beam. Mtewwwwwww, God, if he exists, is a disappointment or maybe he is a puppet master and we are puppets or pawns in his sight. Or maybe he is a psychopath. Whose faith was he testing this time around? cheesy grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lessons And Benefits Of The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ / If Satan Goes To God For Forgiveness Do U Think God Wil Forgive Him? / Was Judaism,Christianity And Islam Copied From Ancient Egyptian Mythology ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.