Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,835 members, 7,820,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:42 AM

HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! (26881 Views)

Famous Quotes Of Prof Chinua Achebe / Famous Quotes By Ojukwu / History Lesson 2: Gideon Orkar Broadcast Message-unedited (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by Dede1(m): 3:22pm On Nov 22, 2009
ndu_chucks:

who be dis dede1 of a guy wey no sabi read? did you read my response to sapeleguy, where I provided him with context?

you call ya self ogbonje scientist and you no sabi comprehend simple english. how you take conclude say my statement relate to apology wey people dey float around? i don tell you once say na akamu dey ya brain and your posts dey continue to confirm this fact.

in ya usual manner, i expect you to return with abuses and curses, bushman.

go join ya superiors like ojukwu, soludo, kalu and co, if you get the guts to contribute positively. war ended 40years ago!! dan daudu olodo.

Of course pal, you deserved to be cussed. It is either you are not schooled in Igbo culture or you are damned none-Igbo.

Let us look at your idiotic proverbial phrase once again.

A na-asi onye e ji ugwo na agaghi akwu ya ugwo e ji ya, onye e ji ugwo na-asi na e nye ya ewu ojii na ya agaghi ewe

For literary interpretation, a creditor has been informed by the debtor that money or anything owned to the creditor would not be repaid or refunded and yet the creditor is insisting that if given a counterfeit or half of what is owed or anything other than what is owed that creditor would not accept it.

Please ndu_chucks, the nairaland resident loafer, could you infer where lying and a liar remotely conjure what you had in your imbecilic mind that spurred a goon such as you to proffer such an Igbo proverbial phrase?

Why were you twisted out of your miserable human form for what I proffered to be the interpretation of your proverb since such statements had rather metaphorical meanings than literary ones?
Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by okunoba(m): 4:30am On Nov 23, 2009
@ndu_chucks, I am impressed by ur comments, but am afraid u are just talking to a brick wall. The people u are trying to reason with are too angry and bitter beyond reason. I bow to ur perseverance. May the souls of all the people that died during the Biafran War rest in peace.
Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by nduchucks: 3:04pm On Nov 23, 2009
okunoba:

@ndu_chucks, I am impressed by your comments, but am afraid u are just talking to a brick wall. The people u are trying to reason with are too angry and bitter beyond reason. I bow to your perseverance. May the souls of all the people that died during the Biafran War rest in peace.

okunoba, thanks for your commemts, your observations are spot on. 

You'll notice that these people would rather argue about the interpretation of an igbo proverb than to provide the hausa lyrics to the war song which they claimed, falsely, calls for the raping of their women.

I actually feel sorry for these people because, they too are casualties of the war.  The fact that they are casualties of war does not mean that we should allow them to spread hate and untruths about historical events.
Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by Onlytruth(m): 10:09pm On Nov 23, 2009
okunoba:

@ndu_chucks, I am impressed by your comments, but am afraid u are just talking to a brick wall. The people u are trying to reason with are too angry and bitter beyond reason. I bow to your perseverance. May the souls of all the people that died during the Biafran War rest in peace.

People like ndu_chucks think they can mock their way forward in Nigeria and somehow the Igbos will forget Biafra and what they've been through. You can't support people like this slowpoke and still claim to want the Biafran war dead rest in peace. Talk of pure duplicity.
Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by Dede1(m): 12:16am On Nov 24, 2009
@ndu_chucks

If you were history subject, I will shun you with considerable degree of ignominy. You submitted an Igbo proverb, and if given ten (10) options, you could not proffer the literary expression of it talk much of proffering metaphorical meaning.

I have never paid any positive mind to either Hausa or Fulani or Yoruba language for future usage. However, I heard certain damning songs not only from the Nigerian vandals but from Radio Nigerian singing something like:

nyamiri yamutu yakari, nyamiri yakari yamutu, nyamiri ta munu ta banza……etc with whatever hausa word that deemed suitable to the murderers.
Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by Eziachi: 2:00am On Nov 24, 2009
If you still believe in one Nigeria geared toward a progressive and better future. Just read quota professor Jubril Aminu’s interview in the Vanguard Newspaper. The sit back and consider his thought, which on average represents the idea and thought of the elite Nigerians and the cabal north, and they are the people forwarding your future for a better tomorrow.
Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by udezue(m): 2:05am On Nov 24, 2009
Ndu Chuks,
Why use Igbo proverbs you know nothing about that has nothing to do with the present argument? People just dey expose their stupidity anyhow on NL.
Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by nduchucks: 2:36am On Nov 24, 2009
udezue:

Ndu Chuks,
Why use Igbo proverbs you know nothing about that has nothing to do with the present argument? People just dey expose their stupidity anyhow on NL.

udezue, i don tell una de context wey i take provide the proverb, go read de pertinent post again and you go see say de proverb only apply to de person wey dey ask me for answer wey him no go get. de only ting wey de person go get na my request for hausa lyrics. shikena!

i no know why paranoid biafrans dey all worked up about de proverb. na one person wey i dey address but e be like say paranoia no let several unfortunate casualties of war rest.

@onlytruth, if you refer to me as slowpoke, then you must refer to ya superior ojukwu, soludo, and the rest of ya leaders as imbeciles because their views about one nigeria and biafra dey closer to mine than yours. olodo.

@dede1, bla bla bla be my response to de first part of your last post. as far as the phrase "nyamiri yamutu yakari, nyamiri yakari yamutu, nyamiri ta munu ta banza"  dey concerned, nothing for dat phrase mean raping of igbo women or any other people.  de phrase wey you post be like typical war song wey talk say make enemies die finish. nothing unusual there, that is why it is a war song!

if you fit provide de lyrics of  de so-called radio kaduna theme song wey mention raping of igbo women, i go tender unreserved public apology.  dat apology no dey forthcoming because i know say the said reference no exist. na lies wey una post for here.
Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by udezue(m): 2:50am On Nov 24, 2009
Ndu chuks
Whatever!!!! Still an slowpoke like Onlytruth called you. Class is over. Dismissed.
Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by nduchucks: 2:54am On Nov 24, 2009
udezue:

Ndu chuks
Whatever!!!! Still an slowpoke like Onlytruth called you. Class is over. Dismissed.

brainless people resort to name calling when they run out of points. this is typical of you people. dan tselewa!
Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by udezue(m): 3:06am On Nov 24, 2009
pointless
Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by texazzpete(m): 9:03am On Nov 24, 2009
Human beings are by design supposed to learn from their mistakes. The important learning from the Biafra war should be the prevention in future of any similar war, to eradicate tribal and ethnic bias and to improve relations between all the tribes and groups in this country.

Let's be realistic; the chances of the Igbos seceeding again into another Biafra are pretty remote. So if that outcome is unlikely to occur, why not focus on more realistic goals like tribal integration and the promotion of amity?

I've read through most of the discussion so far, and i'm not impressed with the Moderator's contributions here. The same RichyBlack that goes on and on about the evils of the Biafran war is the same Mod that has steadfastly refused to do anything about the plethora of tribalistic posts here in the Politics section. If we assume that Nairaland is a reflection of the Nigerian society at large, how can encouraging topics that increase the disunity and division between ethnic groups help preserve peace and tolerance?

The Middle East crisis should show you how not to propagate hatred. The people killing each other today in Palestine and Israel were not alive during the Israeli Arab wars or the creation of Israel. They are merely acting out a script taught them by their parents who consigned them to a life of hatred. And they'll teach their kids the same things too. Similarly, dredging the memories of Biafra up to revisit the latent feelings of bitterness and rage may not be the best idea.
Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by russellino: 10:26am On Nov 24, 2009
@texxazpete

I'm very appreciative of your comments. i dont know where you are from but i'll assume you arent Igbo. Its important for us young people to realise that when people are bitter about stuff the worst thing anyone can do is call them names and label them as has been done here in tons. the Biafra issue is a rallying point for some Igbo people because they are disillusioned with the country and yearn for the freedom they believe Biafra offers them. I'm not a Biafra advocate but I'll be a liar to say i dont harbour some resentment as a result of the evils that took place back then and the stoic justification of it by many non-Igbos today.

I also appreciate your understanding of the implications of spreading hate. i've followed some posters who start objectively but degenerate into pure hatred for other tribes and thats dangerous for the future. Whether we like it or not we're stuck together
Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by emyah(m): 10:44am On Nov 24, 2009
texazzpete:

Human beings are by design supposed to learn from their mistakes. The important learning from the Biafra war should be the prevention in future of any similar war, to eradicate tribal and ethnic bias and to improve relations between all the tribes and groups in this country.

Let's be realistic; the chances of the Igbos seceeding again into another Biafra are pretty remote. So if that outcome is unlikely to occur, why not focus on more realistic goals like tribal integration and the promotion of amity?

I've read through most of the discussion so far, and i'm not impressed with the Moderator's contributions here. The same RichyBlack that goes on and on about the evils of the Biafran war is the same Mod that has steadfastly refused to do anything about the plethora of tribalistic posts here in the Politics section. If we assume that Nairaland is a reflection of the Nigerian society at large, how can encouraging topics that increase the disunity and division between ethnic groups help preserve peace and tolerance?

The Middle East crisis should show you how not to propagate hatred. The people killing each other today in Palestine and Israel were not alive during the Israeli Arab wars or the creation of Israel. They are merely acting out a script taught them by their parents who consigned them to a life of hatred. And they'll teach their kids the same things too. Similarly, dredging the memories of Biafra up to revisit the latent feelings of bitterness and rage may not be the best idea.

By the way, my cousin , and my uncle ,Igbo, were killed by Nigerian soldiers in that war. Years after the war, I saw my mother weep her kid brother on a few occasions. You judge me for the pain I feel inside? Can you show me anyone who could watch his mother weep for her younger brother and be so worried worried about being called a tribalism that he would padlock his mouth and throw his eyes over his shoulders.

Call me a tribalist, my guy, I don't care. God knows I have never pretended not to be pro-Igbo - in thinking, in my way of life, in my name. I will relate with people from any other part of the world, even some Hausa Muslims, but hopefully not those of them who as late as 2000, slaughtered my friend and work colleague  like a goat in Tudun Wada, Kaduna. Do you know what it feels like to learn that people you lived among, and worked with could cold-blooded slaughter your friend with the same knives they use to cut suya in street corners? A friend with whom you ate and worked with? I shall never understand what any Igbo person is still or could still be doing in the North.

I am yet to read Obiwu's "Igbos of Northern Nigeria", I should hope he expressed these surprise. I lived in Kaduna between 1991 and 1997, I shall not make that mistake again.

On your question about my nationality. I carry a Nigerian passport, that is the much I feel inside as a Nigerian. You see I have got yo come from someplace, not so? People like you make me feel more and more disinterested in that place.
Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by ketsho: 10:53am On Nov 24, 2009
texazzpete:

to u and your family

Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by citizenY(m): 11:22am On Nov 24, 2009
@ Texzzpete &rusellino    ----       Cheers

We all have grievances against this country, truth be told. Having these grievances means that things have not
been rightly done in all aspects of our national life. If they were done the right way, we should not be where we are today.
Having said that,we have confidence that solutions must be found today and in the future. If what Eziachi &co want is acceptance
of historical facts, no one has denied them, they happpened . But things also happened to others. In tracing the genesis of these
sad events, every side has its own interpretation but what we are saying is that we have all wronged each other and have learnt
our lessons. So the portraying a victim /villain posture in a situation of collective guilt is not reasonable.

Since all those unfortunate events and the end of the civil war, people have gone back to the chores of eking out a living and Nigeria has
produces a generation of people who only hear of the past. Their lives are regulated by interpersonal relations in all aspects of life based
on prevailing circumstances in commerce, schools and love. They are busy forging a new dispensation. Then you have all these soil sports.
If to appease them we have already accepted the past, what else do they want?

I think it is time for these guys to now channel this anger into doing well for themselves and building social structures and relationships
that will ameliorate past wrongs and make  sure they never happen again. That is what we are saying. Otherwise, I have no objection to anyone
extolling the virtues of his clan because I know that we are first of all human beings before being anything else. If extolling such virtues makes him
feel good, why not. All these copious quotes that are subject to perception/interpretation, papers , positions/views quoted and of course diplomatic
positions of France, Tanzania , Britain US, etc have all gone into the archives and some Nigerians are still dinosaurs on the subject.In addition their
intransigence has not stopped the political process as I believe, despite its flaws, the political process is alive in Eastern Nigeria, and Nigeria as a whole
and the people exercising the franchises are doing so freely. They have refused to let the past hinder them from moving ahead in a democratic manner.
Absence of people like Eziachi',Oko1  and co in the Senate or House of Representatives  speaks volumes.

This is not denying anyone his day in the sun. This is freedom of speech and there are more people out there worried about how to build than whether
there was a Biafran army or Ogbunike whatever.
Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by Beaf: 11:44am On Nov 24, 2009
@CitizenY

There is no "political process". There is only gangsterism and theft.
The sooner we learn that we have to build on the past to get to the future is the sooner the country would gain wisdom. Let us deal with the civil war thoroughly from every perspective.

The failure of political leadership is all around us today, we can't just forget the reason why and say, oh lets start afresh tomorrow. Tomorrow always starts from yesterday.
Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by presido1: 11:50am On Nov 24, 2009
russellino:

Whether we like it or not we're stuck together
For Good or for Bad?

citizenY:

Having these grievances means that things have not been rightly done in all aspects of our national life. If they were done the right way, we should not be where we are today.
And might never be done right.

If to appease them we have already accepted the past, what else do they want?
And what past did u accept?
This is not denying anyone his day in the sun. This is freedom of speech and there are more people out there worried about how to build than whether
there was a Biafran army or Ogbunike whatever.
Hehehehehehehe
Beaf:

@CitizenY
There is no "political process". There is only gangsterism and theft.
The sooner we learn that we have to build on the past to get to the future is the sooner the country would gain wisdom. Let us deal with the civil war thoroughly from every perspective.The failure of political leadership is all around us today, we can't just forget the reason why and say, oh lets start afresh tomorrow. Tomorrow always starts from yesterday.
Well said bro
Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by citizenY(m): 12:16pm On Nov 24, 2009
@Beaf/Presido

1) There is a political process--- despite its flaws-- and I said so, read my post again.
2) And might never be done-- glad you have some hope
3) Whatever wrong they claim to be victims of, and you too if you have any, accept
4) Presido -show me your monument, like the Jewish wailing wall, I will wail with you
5) Show me the building blocks and I will follow you to build
Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by texazzpete(m): 1:11pm On Nov 24, 2009
ketsho:

to u and your family

Seriously, how old are you? 12?
So you're that bereft of any intelligent argument that you resort to that childish insult? Even Becomrich never displayed this level of foolishness.
Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by Onlytruth(m): 6:25pm On Nov 24, 2009
texazzpete:

So you're that bereft of any intelligent argument that you resort to that childish insult? Even Becomrich never displayed this level of foolishness.

My friend, Igbo people say that when a child's corpse is being paraded for proper honor and burial, an unconcerned person simply looks at the corpes as something trivial (maybe a bunch of firewood!). The guy only wished you the type of sorrows you are trivializing here. Simple enough. I wouldn't call that foolishness.
Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by texazzpete(m): 9:58pm On Nov 24, 2009
Onlytruth:

My friend, Igbo people say that when a child's corpse is being paraded for proper honor and burial, an unconcerned person simply looks at the corpes as something trivial (maybe a bunch of firewood!). The guy only wished you the type of sorrows you are trivializing here. Simple enough. I wouldn't call that foolishness.

Bullcrap!
You aren't putting up images like that for 'proper honor and burial'. You lot are recycling these images as a tool, a club of guilt and hate to beat the rest of Nigeria over the head with. The most respect you can show for the dead is to honor their memories and to ensure that we never go down that path of violence and hatred.

Perhaps you should be the one getting a taste of the sorrows in this case, not me.
Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by Nobody: 10:17pm On Nov 24, 2009
all these armchair warriors living through their grand children.

war is evil.

there is no such thing as a war that is fought fairly by either side.

people will always suffer in a war.

all these keyboard biafran revolutionaries fail to realize that.

they keep revisiting biafra , and calling for secession. maybe they thin they will be better armed this time.

the funniest thing about all these biafrans is that most of them are living in world of their own. ibos are the most dispersed tribe in nigeria.you will find them everywhere. is it these peeps who will abandon thier lucrative businesses for a chance to resettle in a state that may not work? can you see alaba traders divesting?

i'm sure 90% of these noisemakers are diasporans who are not in touch with reality.
Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by nduchucks: 11:00pm On Nov 24, 2009
oyb:

war is evil.

they keep revisiting biafra , and calling for secession. maybe they thin they will be better armed this time.

the funniest thing about all these biafrans is that most of them are living in world of their own. ibos are the most dispersed tribe in nigeria.you will find them everywhere. is it these peeps who will abandon thier lucrative businesses for a chance to resettle in a state that may not work? can you see alaba traders divesting?

i'm sure 90% of these noisemakers are diasporans who are not in touch with reality.

well said.
Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by Katsumoto: 12:30am On Nov 25, 2009
oyb:

war is evil.

My sentiments exactly.

The funny thing about all these cyber biafran warriors is that they can not even debate with ndu_chuks, a northerner I presume. When he argues a point, they come back with insults. Thats Udezue, onlytruth, and dede1 against ndu_chuks.
Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by Eziachi: 4:43am On Nov 25, 2009
Katsumoto:

My sentiments exactly.

The funny thing about all these cyber biafran warriors is that they can not even debate with ndu_chuks, a northerner I presume. When he argues a point, they come back with insults. Thats Udezue, onlytruth, and dede1 against ndu_chuks.

Its funny how we are foolishly termed cyber warriors etc, then again when we become street warrior, you will be the first to complain. Uwazuruike was locked up for being a street warrior, as we speak over 400 massob warriors are languishing in various Nigerian jails for being on the street, I haven't heard your praise of them. You don't like neither street nor cyber warrior.  So it not a question of methodology for you but just the principle that you hated the word Biafra, eventhough it non of your concern.

I had never advocate that you stopped being a Nigerian or your tribal group either, but its not your business to have an opinion on what I want to be or my own ethnic grouping. Any group that want to be in Nigeria till JESUS return can do so, what Biafrans are asking is the right to choose just as you have chosen to be in Nigeria, no matter what.  it’s a question of choice. You have made your choice and stop interfering in others brand of choice. Its not for you to like or dislike,
Becomerich want the Yoruba nation to join their brothers in Dahomey, I will be an idiot to have an opinion on it, no matter how intelligent or stupid it sounds because it had nothing to do with me as I am not a Yoruba and it will not affect me in anyway. That is what we want from you guys. To leave the issue of Biafra future or no future to only those it concerns and concentrate your energy on how you can make Nigeria your country better place.

1 Like

Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by Eziachi: 4:57am On Nov 25, 2009
texazzpete:

I do not think he is being childish, as you may seem to have yourself believed. You may not like the image you have seen because it embarrasses you, while you hid under the pretence that he is evoking the past.

What is a future without the past? I have not seen with anyone that has a father but does not have a grandfather. That image is history, our history and part of our psyche. The day we forget that image is the day we are finished. It is a constant reminder to us that anyone capable of doing that without any tinge of guilt will of guilt will do it again if opportunity presents itself. In addition, the education in Naira land is a justification for that reminder.

It not hate as you call it. However, a reminder that if you are dining with the devil, do not get comfortable and always carry a big spoon. In addition, that, anyone that kill your father will never lose any sleep in killing you too. Any day the Jew stopped publishing the gory image from Auschwitz, we BIAFRANS will do the same.

Those of Christendom had made images or had even wore the cross, supposed to have been used to kill Jesus, have you ask them why? Is the image of cross supposed to a reminder to them despite the history behind it. Think about it.
Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by Eziachi: 5:17am On Nov 25, 2009
oyb:

war is evil.

Your argument makes an interesting reading and makes our side of the story more than ever important to every Biafran.  However, one thing I am very certain judged from your comment was the fact that you sound like the following:

1: Charles Taylor: His defence of cutting children arms and legs is that this things happens in war, but he forgot that we are civilize humans, no longer living in the caves and no one is buying it from him.

2. Nazi criminals: They also said that it’s war and anything goes but the world told them that even during war, it is the duty of every human being at least to protect women and children, no matter what.

3. A rapist: Every rapist always claims that his/her victims deserved it. Why did she dress like that? He will ask in his sick defence of hid sadist actions, but no matter how a woman dress is not an excuse to molest or rape her.

It is the same argument we hear from Nigerians, especially here in Naira land, they will tell you that those things like, killing and deliberate starving of innocent women and children is part of their own idea of war. They will ask you to shut up; it is all in the past. In the past for who? The victim or the perpetrator/protagonist?

In addition, reality is that those images are real people, they are human beings like you born of a woman and it was human beings like you and I that were responsible for them. So reality is not a matter of being in Diaspora or aborigine
Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by Onlytruth(m): 6:04am On Nov 25, 2009
texazzpete:

Bullcrap!
You aren't putting up images like that for 'proper honor and burial'. You lot are recycling these images as a tool, a club of guilt and hate to beat the rest of Nigeria over the head with. The most respect you can show for the dead is to honor their memories and to ensure that we never go down that path of violence and hatred.

Perhaps you should be the one getting a taste of the sorrows in this case, not me.

I have a very bad news for you dude: These stories will never end and they would continue to come for a very long time. You and your genocide supporters cannot escape from that history. And because you think the atrocities were mere acts of war, you and your people shall experience such act of war. It is called Karma. It is called ofo in Igbo. Heck it is already happening because you don't even have electricity and your soldiers shoot and rape you in the name of peace keeping.  grin
Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by Nobody: 6:23am On Nov 25, 2009
Eziachi:

Your argument makes n interesting reading and makes our side of the story more than ever important to every Biafran.  However, one thing I very certain in your comment and that is the fact that you sound like the:

1: Charles Taylor: His defence of cutting children arms and legs is that this things happens in war but he forgot that we are civilize human, not living in the caves and no one is buying it from him.

2. Nazi criminal: They also said that it’s way and anything goes but the world told the that even during war, it the duty of every human being at least to protect women and children, no matter what.

3. A rapist: Every rapist always claims that his/her victim deserved it. Why did she dress like that? He will ask in his defence, but no matter how a woman dress is not an excuse to molest or rape her.

It is the same argument we hear from Nigerian, especially here in Naira land, they will tell you that those things like, and killing and deliberate starving of innocent women and children is part of their own idea of war. They will ask you to shut up; it is all in the past. In the past for who? The victim or the perpetrator/protagonist?

In addition, reality is that those images are real people, they are human beings like you born of a woman and it was human beings like you and I that were responsible for them. So reality is not a matter of Diaspora or aborigine

your posts make it clear how desperate you are - you actually think you can equate the holocaust with biafra? are you trying to claim that you're ancestors were systematically rounded up, put in detention camps, used as slave labor and for medical experiments and systematically robbed? do you know how ridicuilous you sound?

now you are equating charles taylor, a blood thirsty rebel leader with the Nigerian army. is your revolutionary fervor clouding your reasoning?

please tell me if your heroic ancestors fought a 'clean fair' war. you want us to believe the did not also engage in war atrocities?

keep on whining. must be a biafran thing

japan attacked pearl habor, america dropped two bombs on them - they have moved on
Britain and France fought a hundred years war - they too have moved on
rwanda was home to real genocide complete with kill the cockroaches o the radio - they too have moved on.

infact, most ibos have moved on, which s why hy are integrated all over nigeria. its only in cyberspace where we have biafran patriots lying to themselves.

And because you think the atrocities were mere acts of war, you and your people shall experience such act of war. It is called Karma.

the crux of the whole thing. some kids are playing militia in the diaspora, and think that if they can just mobilize, things will be different this time around. they look at mend - forgettin that mend, like the talibanis a guerilla/terorist organisation. we are talking conventional warfare here.

3. A rapist: Every rapist always claims that his/her victim deserved it. Why did she dress like that? He will ask in his defence, but no matter how a woman dress is not an excuse to molest or rape her.

this is the most ridiculous and offtopic part of the thread. exacly what are you getting at?

while isreal looks at the holocaust and says - never again - 'biafrans' look at starvation and kwashiokor and say lets do it again - we will win this time

1 Like

Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by Onlytruth(m): 7:11am On Nov 25, 2009
Did I forget to mention that whenever Nigerians run out of logic or fair argument, they resort to divide and rule: "diasporan" and "home based Nigerians". grin As if a dead Igbo in Nigeria does not have relations abroad. Surely stupid logic of the worst kind. Henry Okah is in Diaspora too, but he is more relavant to the ND issues that even people who never left Nigeria. Talk of reasoning through the behind-hole.
Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by Nobody: 7:47am On Nov 25, 2009
^^^^^

i want to believ that it is mainly nigerians in the diaspora that subscribe to all this biafra noise. i have been all over nigeria - and ibos are everywhere. even in zamfara.

so i have o wonder who all these people calling for biafra are.

even with the  bloodshed in the north, ibos are staying put.

so one can only conclude that it is disaporans with no true sense of what is going on -

the numbers of ibos outside the east speak for themselves

see biafrans in action

www.nairaland.com/attachments/200791_london1_jpgf6369f4e183994c33ada90f328400109

wetin i talk - i bet that guy has not set foot in naija for the past 15 years - maybe thats only truth grin grin

anyway, what can i say - america has its kooks, all those paranoid noisemaker militias, we have biafrans - lots of noise on the internet   grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Michael Olawale-Cole Joins APC / Bola Adegunloye: Sanwo-Olu Will Betray Tinubu, Leading To Hypertension, Death / Buhari Was Stoned In Lagos, Obanikoro Insists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.