Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,007 members, 7,825,119 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 07:22 AM

HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! (26896 Views)

Famous Quotes Of Prof Chinua Achebe / Famous Quotes By Ojukwu / History Lesson 2: Gideon Orkar Broadcast Message-unedited (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by metalgong5(m): 1:27am On Nov 14, 2009
SapeleGuy:

To the conscripts, child soldiers and innocent victims of war
The truth is not one sided.

Both sides exchanged attrocities and lost the right to moral superiority
The truth is not one sided

To the conscripts and child soldiers who still hear the screams, see the terror and smell the horror every night.
To the survivors who remember crimes committed against them
Soldiers who were perpetrators now claim to be victims,
Soldiers who were protectors now forgotten by the people they were protecting.
To the laptop soldiers baying for war from their cosy sitting rooms

[b]Questions for 2009 and beyond

How can we prevent this from happenning again?

What can be done to honour the memory of the dead and war victims still alive today?[/b]Formenting hatred is not an option.

To move on, the Nigerian government and all those who masterminded the heinous crimes against Ndi igbo must formally apologise to the Igbos and as well accept their mistakes . . . If not . . . . . . . . . . . . . . hatred would continue to be the order of the day as Nigeria disintegrates gradually  . . . . As for me, I pray for the DISINTEGRATION and I'm ready to fight for it.
Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by SEFAGO(m): 1:32am On Nov 14, 2009
@onlytruth you are a collosal bufoon  undecided. I am someone who has decided to kick against modern standards of categorization since they only lead to conflict and division. Agreed i self-identify as yoruba, male, nigerian, african- but i see this as inconsequenial in the grand scheme of things and of no relevance to my life.

What is gender but a biological classification? what does it mean to be of a certain tribe? I am aware that people are different, but i dont see those differences as irreconcilable.

you guys dont have better things to do than provide variations of my name. seafrog, sefago, sefool call me what you want- it does not change any issue.

odogwu nwoke, utilize your time for more important things rather than using them to educate SeFOOL, the yoruba boy is too young to assimilate and understand the political intrigues and nuances that led to the civil war.

you are hilarious- so because you are older than me- though with likely less intelligence- you apparently know more about the political intrigues. Everything you know is hearsay- you never got a first hand account of what happened. you never knew exactly what happened within the closed doors of the vote that lead to the secession, you never knew to be overly complex.  

I am not his teacher though. He should wait to be educated the right way, when the war gets to his house. I[i]gbos have since moved on and surpassed the genociders in all sector[/i]s of human development (except perhaps in looting the Nigerian treasury!). So, any Igbo still dreaming of a united Nigeria should think of people like SEAFROG. While thinking about our dead brothers and sisters, we should be well advised that the killers are still on the loose!

mugun. you must assume like you that i am a tribalist. yes, i believe the end justifies the means, and that is how the world works, i don't necessarily agree with it. I would never hurt a poor child or anyone in general, but i am not naive enough to think other ppl won't for silly reasons like tribal/ethnic affiliations. By the way what have igbos achieved? Answer: nothing. They are no different from any tribe in nigeria- stop putting yourself on an imaginary pedestal. you are not that special  undecided . It is only igbo people that consider this a genocide probably based on personal bias- but i am definitely sure that real igbo intellectuals- not idiots like you- know what it really was- a battle between elephants in which the grass suffered from.

He also wondered whether Biafra could have fared better. Well, Nigeria has clearly failed, even the birds know. He also didn't even know that the right to secede is a UN recognized right and is in line with international law.

man a bunch of dumb cows. You are talking of the UN charter of the right to self-determination issued after WW1. THis is not the same as the right to secede.  It only becomes the right to secede when fundamental basic human rights are no longer guaranteed i.e when it is definitely a genocide. SInce the biafran war was never proven to be a genocide in which the western governments and the north governments intentionally targeted and made attempts to exterminate people then it is not a genocide. just because u read something online for 5 minutes does not in anyways mean you have knowledge mate. Go back, sit down, think, and maybe wait a few year b4 u confront me.

NIgeria has failed right  angry, so what is your alternative- biafra  grin. I swear if this idiot is in lagos typing on a computer i hop sango strikes you  grin
Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by nduchucks: 1:34am On Nov 14, 2009
SapeleGuy:

Questions for 2009 and beyond

How can we prevent this from happenning again?

What can be done to honour the memory of the dead and war victims still alive today?

Formenting hatred is not an option.

i been talk say i no go enter dis thread again, but ya voice of reason don pull me back.  ya questions na de important questions wey well meaning nigerians  should be addressing.

de sad ting be say, many seccessionists still tink say de civil war has not ended, and dem still dey fight inside their heads, dem dey call for war indirectly with threads like dis,  and dem even believe say both warri and sapele are all part of biafra.  

most of those seccessionists na internet warriors wey dey live for diaspora. their superiors including ojukwu, soludo, ngige, the ubas, kalu, and others have no interest whatsoever in another war. hence na only toothless rants wey dem dey spew.

i believe say allah go heal dis people in due course.

@df2006, so what if my name be shehu? how you take sure say my primary residence no dey for enugu? be that as it may, dat no matter, but i challenge you, make you use ya head small, and answer de questions wey i itemize before.

i sure say you no fit answer. you no go answer because it requires intellectual exercise and self examination wey you dey incapable of doing. de easy ting for you na to dey call me shehu and ignore serious questions. dan iska.
Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by SEFAGO(m): 1:39am On Nov 14, 2009
your fathers were murderers, rapists and arsonists.

you guys are really disturbed.

To move on, the Nigerian government and all those who masterminded the heinous crimes against Ndi igbo [b]must formally apologise to the Igbos [/b]and as well accept their mistakes . . . If not . . . . . . . . . . . . . . hatred would continue to be the order of the day as Nigeria disintegrates gradually  . . . . As for me, I pray for the DISINTEGRATION and I'm ready to fight for it.

you want the dead ones to aplogize to you too.  grin grin grin

i am not ready to fight for anyone- since i dont believe in killing of people (see the difference between your hot-blooded comments and mine), but abeg if you want to fight think b4 u start fighting be ready to lose your family and your property at all cost. And i dont want your children coming here to complain about any massacres, you brought it upon yourself.
Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by SapeleGuy: 1:50am On Nov 14, 2009
ndu chucks - No worry, Osanobua, Osonobruwe, Egbesu, Amadioha, Olokun, Sango will heal us all.
Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by Onlytruth(m): 2:45am On Nov 14, 2009
SEFAGO:

What is gender but a biological classification? what does it mean to be of a certain tribe? I am aware that people are different, but i dont see those differences as irreconcilable.

You mean there is no difference between a NAZI and a Jew, right?

man a bunch of dumb cows. You are talking of the UN charter of the right to self-determination issued after WW1. THis is not the same as the right to secede.   It only becomes the right to secede when fundamental basic human rights are no longer guaranteed i.e when it is definitely a genocide. SInce the biafran war was never proven to be a genocide in which the western governments and the north governments intentionally targeted and made attempts to exterminate people then it is not a genocide. just because u read something online for 5 minutes does not in anyways mean you have knowledge mate. Go back, sit down, think, and maybe wait a few year b4 u confront me.
NIgeria has failed right  angry, so what is your alternative- biafra  grin. I swear if this idiot is in lagos typing on a computer i hop sango strikes you  grin

IDIOT! angry You can't even make a coherent argument! Self determination minus secession  You think oyibo people are fools like your fathers?
Your worst nightmare is happening already. By 2015 you will have to stay on your own! I dey Lagos and even your fake gods will face my judgement
on that day. A man who claims a female profile is a female by self recognition! Nne Ewu! cool
Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by chic2pimp(m): 2:50am On Nov 14, 2009
SapeleGuy:

Soldiers who were perpetrators now claim to be victims,
Soldiers who were protectors now forgotten by the people they were protecting.

Truer words have never been spoken.
The last statement really cracked me up grin grin. The funny thing about NL is that most of these Yoruba & Igbo tribalist don't even have the nerve to post their real pictures on their profile page yet they sit back and chat absolute poppycocks from the comfort of their home. shakes his head in pity
Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by Onlytruth(m): 2:50am On Nov 14, 2009
@SEA gay

And while you are getting ready for the days of hunger ahead, may you and your mother, sisters and daughters be raped my 10,000 lepers.
IDIOT!
Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by SEFAGO(m): 3:23am On Nov 14, 2009
You mean there is no difference between a NAZI and a Jew, right?

nazi is not a race or a tribe mate- wetin u dey drink sef. jew is also a very hazy term- do u mean ashkenazi or sephardic jews grin

I dey Lagos and even your fake gods will face my judgement
on that day. A man who claims a female profile is a female by self recognition! Nne Ewu

igbo man, you dey lagos, say with me "eko ko ni baje" grin grin grin grin. Enough said.

And while you are getting ready for the days of hunger ahead, may you and your mother, sisters and daughters be raped my 10,000 lepers.
IDIOT!

this quote, describes you and to some extent me. By the way, the fight will not even reach me. kiss
Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by SEFAGO(m): 3:27am On Nov 14, 2009
You can't even make a coherent argument! Self determination minus secession

olodo. international law is interpreted on a case by case basis, learn about recent secession movements especially during the fall of the iron curtain in communist countries. And i used to have a high opinion of igbo people for their intelligence. Anyways, there are exception to the rules
Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by sjeezy8: 3:50am On Nov 14, 2009
lol sefago is mad
Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by Nobody: 3:58am On Nov 14, 2009
I find it most shocking when some fools tell easterners to forgive and move one when hundreds of innocent Nigerians are being slaughtered in the north on yearly basis with the support of the state governments.
Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by SEFAGO(m): 4:06am On Nov 14, 2009
then you guys should slaughter them back- then they go fear. Stop complaining- it is not going to  help. How are you going to fight a civil war with the whole of nigeria, supported by europeans who don't want to free their hold on oil wealth, when you cannot handle some mallams  angry
Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by Nobody: 4:18am On Nov 14, 2009
SEFAGO:

then you guys should slaughter them back- then they go fear. Stop complaining- it is not going to  help. How are you going to fight a civil war with the whole of nigeria, supported by europeans who don't want to free their hold on oil wealth, when you cannot handle some mallams  angry

Where exactly do you stand? For war, peaceful Nigeria or a seperate country for the easterners? Cos from your suggestion, you seem to be looking forward to another massive rape of Igbo women.
Wherever place you stand, we dont like war hence why we opted out in the late sixties. That resulted to genocide, rape and starvation of women and children of which you have been celebrating all along in this thread.
Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by SEFAGO(m): 4:28am On Nov 14, 2009
Where exactly do you stand? For war, peaceful Nigeria or a seperate country for the easterners? Cos from your suggestion, you seem to be looking forward to another massive rape of Igbo women.
Wherever place you stand, we dont like war hence why we opted out in the late sixties. That resulted to genocide, rape and starvation of women and children of which you have been celebrating all along in this thread

peaceful nigeria . As someone mentioned this is a fantasy- but at least people can make steps towards it. you said igbo people in the north are slaughtered. well why don't you do the same to theh northerners too. Infact if someone who is yoruba slaughters igbos in a genocide manner, you have my support- tit for tat.

But that isn't my point, my point was that we should stop laying blame on one particular ethnic group for the civil war. To have a war you need at least two factions. And when initiate actions that lead to a war be aware of the consequences.
Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by Nobody: 4:43am On Nov 14, 2009
SEFAGO:

peaceful nigeria . As someone mentioned this is a fantasy- but at least people can make steps towards it. you said igbo people in the north are slaughtered. well why don't you do the same to theh northerners too. Infact if someone who is yoruba slaughters igbos in a genocide manner, you have my support- tit for tat.

But that isn't my point, my point was that we should stop laying blame on one particular ethnic group for the civil war. To have a war you need at least two factions. And when initiate actions that lead to a war be aware of the consequences.

How does one go about a peaceful Nigeria with retaliatory killings in the east? Is that the way forward?
Like I stated earlier, Igbos have never and will never enjoy fighting like you wish hence why some of them will always seek for their own sovereign state just to avoid injustice tolerated by Nigerians. And even I if they love blood shed like other Nigerians, how is that suppose to bring about a peaceful Nigerian nation?

Whichever way, the boys down south are eagerly waiting for any Igbo to be touched in the north so they can use that as an excuse to carry out their life long dreams. I only could wonder how that will foster a peaceful Nigeria. undecided

The ball is in the court of other Nigerians as this is not 1967, but 2009.
Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by SEFAGO(m): 4:51am On Nov 14, 2009
How does one go about a peaceful Nigeria with retaliatory killings in the east? Is that the way forward?
Like I stated earlier, Igbos have never and will never enjoy fighting like you wish hence why some of them will always seek for their own sovereign state just to avoid injustice tolerated by Nigerians. And even I if they love blood shed like other Nigerians, how is that suppose to bring about a peaceful Nigerian nation?

very good point. however you are making it sound like igbo people are naturally peacceful grin
Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by Nobody: 4:57am On Nov 14, 2009
SEFAGO:

very good point. however you are making it sound like igbo people are naturally peacceful  grin

From the look of things so far; majority of them are naturally peaceful (could be the reason their lives have been taken for granted in Nigeria). However, it doesnt mean they dont have other vices.
Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by Beaf: 4:58am On Nov 14, 2009
SEFAGO:

. . .
. . .

Hmmmmmmmm. . . Is that why your former location was fiddling in beyonce's arse and your current one is in hell fire where the chicks are hottest? And you are a babe? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Homo is an imprisonable crime in 9ja grin
Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by SEFAGO(m): 5:06am On Nov 14, 2009
Hmmmmmmmm. . . Is that why your former location was fiddling in beyonce's arse and your current one is in hell fire where the chicks are hottest? And you are a babe?
Homo is an imprisonable crime in 9ja

yes o, i just left beyonce, na i take go hot girls cheesy. instead of us keeping our house in order by addressing the various ethnic/tribal dissents taht is brewing up which might make extremists like Onlytruth start war we are focussing on homos angry
Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by asha80(m): 9:15am On Nov 14, 2009
@sefago

An accord to keep nigeria together was agreed in aburi ghana.on coming to nigeria it was jettisoned by the federal civil service(consisting of who) why?

I do not want to even comment on Awolowo's declaration
Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by RichyBlacK(m): 12:25pm On Nov 14, 2009
SEFAGO:

very good point. however you are making it sound like igbo people are naturally peacceful grin

You're not only a fool, you're also a mongrel!
Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by agor1974: 1:06pm On Nov 14, 2009
I LOVE IGBO FIRST B/4 NIGERIA,BECAUSE NIGERIA IS THE WHITEMANS MAKING.I HAVE READ ALL THE TREADS POSTED,THE VIEWS OF MOST TRIBES IN NIGERIA IS THAT THE IGBOS SHOULD JUST FORGET THE INJUSTICE AGAINST THEM AND MOVE ON IN A COUNTRY WHER THEY ARE HATED.I WANT TO MAKE IT CATEGORY CLEAR THE IGBOS SHOULD BE MORE OFFENSIVE TO ISSUES CONCERNING THEM.
Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by revomind(m): 1:32pm On Nov 14, 2009
First of all, I must confess that i'm young and not Igbo. 'The pogrom they started' according to Radio Kaduna, What i can understand is a case of mutual hatred that culminated in the stronger group having the upper hand in war( a serious upper hand if we look at the statistics) I'm young but i've been to school, i know there are always two sides to a story. I also know the art of propaganda. Eziachi seems to be on a mission,whatever it is,lets have it at the back of our mind that it was a war. For that,i believe there must have been some news worthy things that came from the biafran side. Nobody cares to tell us,for instance,how the rebels dealt with the eastern minorities who did not consider secession a good idea. The world's a funny place;whats good or right depends on how it affects you. I will never mock the loss of 2m lives but at the risk of sounding indifferent, i put it to those still romanticising the whole war situation that if we reverse the roles,switch sides or replace the FG's strength with that of biafra and vice versa, we would have the same situation of war crimes and their agelong justification 'all is fair in war'. There is nothing in this country's history that suggests that any ethnicity would not respond in such a merciless manner if it had been the dominant one given the circumstances. It must be acknowledged that Propaganda is a very strong weapon but also exaggerated. People talk about war crimes as if war is an ideal situation, A list of quotes can be compiled that will efficiently serve the purpose of painting biafra black, It is believed that the southwest dominates the local media. They paint themselves as progressives,ideological etc. Then they paint the north as parasitical,rapacious and power mongering. The east as confused,crime infested and being plagued with a political class that really couldn't care less about their people. This is nothing but propaganda, southwest is indeed more in need of a moral evaluation. The desire to paint one side in the war as the righteous and just one combined with the desire to force down those theories down people's throats is apart from being funny and misplaced,unnecessary. The war is gone. Most of nigeria's internet using population weren't even born. Thus they find it hard to understand this spewing of hatred and claims of superiority that is now so commonplace on internet forums. More Nigerians now have relatives from other ethnic groups,inter ethnic marriages seem to be on the rise and those that actually live in Nigeria or actually know something bout nigeria's current travails as a nation are at a consensus that our political class+individual attitudes are the biggest problems. From Uba to Kalu to Anenih to Obasanjo to Akala to Daniel to Atiku to Mark, to Me to You. Lets get our priorities right. You can diss all u want. Just that i won't respond.
Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by Eziachi: 1:53pm On Nov 14, 2009
@SEFAGO,

Obviously, you deserve the right to air your opinion. Nairaland and other related blogs had succeeded in opening up what was hold under the breath for years on both sides or the arguement. Things that were swept under th carpet for years, the volcanoe that had been simmering waiting to explode. But make no mistake, lies and deceit can have a sale by date but the truth has no expiring date.

You have never commented on any of the above quotes but what your utterances had shown is the reason I worked hard to find this quotes, most of them I kept in the original newspaper cuttings since they were published  So that whether you are Igbo, Hausa, Yoruba, Efik etc will know exactly what happened and who did what and then compare it to what the propagators are doing or saying today and compare their past.  Any nation that doesn't keep record is doomed. That is why during every American elections, candidates are confronted with what they did or said even when they were teenagers.  Because CIVILIZED people knew very well that physical appearance  might chance but human psyche never changes.

For examples, most Igbo young generation thought that it was only Igbos that suffered in the hand of Nigerians forces, but this publication can at least give them a clue that Efiks and others in the former old East did SUFFER too, when you considered what was quoted to have been seen or happened at Ekot Ekpene.

Most Nigerians especially the young Yoruba generation are still living in denial over what some of their parents or even those they considered heroes did all in the name of keeping Nigeria one. Those that committed genocide, ended up ruling Nigeria and they can now understand why Nigeria morally or psychologically will never smell progress.  If my father is proven today to be a rapist when he was young because of nationalism,  I will disown him.   I will never call a rapist a father, while he sits at home and tell my mother that he loves her while finding pleasure to rape another woman and hoot them dead afterward and I don't care how many years ago.  Today Nazi criminal are tsill being hunted down irrespective of the time past or their age now.

Some said in their own warped wisdom, that its all in the past, but this week the whole of Europe remembered as they marked the VE day in Europe that happened 70 years ago and no one will tell them that its all in the past or neither Germans will tell them that Nazi war crime should never to be mentioned  again because it makes them uncomfortable.
Can you tell the Jews all over the world that the the former German concentration camps should be closed just because it embarrases some Germans?
No, because German government are even funding the upkeep those camps and a destination for the future generation to see what their forefathers did in the nation of greater Germany nationalism expansion in Europe.

It sent chill down my spine, when you preached that the East or Igbos should massacre northerners back as your solution, while from another mouth calling yourself a peace maker. That statement exposes you as a person with no stand.  Just like many like you. Like a chaff being blown about by the wind. You are neither white or black, neither cold or hot. Tell us where you stand on issue and not jus waffling and which of the above quotes did you find encouraging, delightful, abhorent or even distasteful.

You decended so low and said that Biafra artrocities had never been proved as genocide. Proven by who exactly? By the victims or the perpetrators?
Can you kindly define genocide for us?
Why did President Nixon and Senator Kennedy called it so?
Why did a reputable newspaper like New York times quoted saying that the Nazis had ressurected in Nigeria? You think that was a compliment?
Why the popes emissory called it  a genocide when reporting back to pope that sent him?
If Rwanda/Bosnia/Kosovo was considered a genocide with less people murdered, what makes Biafra different in your definition of genocide?

But mind you, many Hutus in Rwanda had the same theory and warped believes as you did,  when it comes to what constitute a genocide, so  too was most Serbian ultra nationalist that murder thousands in Sarayevo in 1994. Charlse Taylor of Liberia thinks that he is a victim too. So why am I surprise with your comments.
Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by Duduknight(m): 2:23pm On Nov 14, 2009
RichyBlacK:

You're not only a fool, you're also a mongrel!

You are supposed to be THE moderator. Do you know what it means to be a moderator?
Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by Eziachi: 2:51pm On Nov 14, 2009
[quote author=revomind link=
First of all, I must confess that i'm young and not Igbo. 'The pogrom they started' according to Radio Kaduna, What i can understand is a case of mutual hatred that culminated in the stronger group having the upper hand in war( a serious upper hand if we look at the statistics) I'm young but i've been to school, i know there are always two sides to a story. I also know the art of propaganda. Eziachi seems to be on a mission,whatever it is,lets have it at the back of our mind that it was a war. For that,i believe there must have been some news worthy things that came from the biafran side. Nobody cares to tell us,for instance,how the rebels dealt with the eastern minorities who did not consider secession a good idea. The world's a funny place;whats good or right depends on how it affects you. I will never mock the loss of 2m lives but at the risk of sounding indifferent, i put it to those still romanticising the whole war situation that if we reverse the roles,switch sides or replace the FG's strength with that of biafra and vice versa, we would have the same situation of war crimes and their agelong justification 'all is fair in war'. There is nothing in this country's history that suggests that any ethnicity would not respond in such a merciless manner if it had been the dominant one given the circumstances. It must be acknowledged that Propaganda is a very strong weapon but also exaggerated. People talk about war crimes as if war is an ideal situation, A list of quotes can be compiled that will efficiently serve the purpose of painting biafra black, It is believed that the southwest dominates the local media. They paint themselves as progressives,ideological etc. Then they paint the north as parasitical,rapacious and power mongering. The east as confused,crime infested and being plagued with a political class that really couldn't care less about their people. This is nothing but propaganda, southwest is indeed more in need of a moral evaluation. The desire to paint one side in the war as the righteous and just one combined with the desire to force down those theories down people's throats is apart from being funny and misplaced,unnecessary. The war is gone. Most of nigeria's internet using population weren't even born. Thus they find it hard to understand this spewing of hatred and claims of superiority that is now so commonplace on internet forums. More Nigerians now have relatives from other ethnic groups,inter ethnic marriages seem to be on the rise and those that actually live in Nigeria or actually know something bout nigeria's current travails as a nation are at a consensus that our political class+individual attitudes are the biggest problems. From Uba to Kalu to Anenih to Obasanjo to Akala to Daniel to Atiku to Mark, to Me to You. Lets get our priorities right. You can diss all u want. Just that i won't respond.
[quote][/quote]

I'm young but I’ve been to school, I know there are always two sides to a story. I also know the art of propaganda.
You right about that, the quotes are not my words; they are the word neutral people, like the Vatican, Newspapers and respectful politicians like Sen. Kennedy.  I am not against having the other side of the coin.  If you have it authoritatively, LETS HAVE IT.

Eziachi seems to be on a mission, whatever it is, let’s have it at the back of our mind that it was a war.
Of course I am on a mission, to make the live of those that stole my future and destroyed my family unease, prick on their hearts of stone and also my mission is that we are now talking about it. It part of our makeup now till day we die.
History does not expire except in Nigeria, just for their convenience sake . Egyptians are still talking about their Pharaohs, King David is still important to the Hebrews. The Germans are not sick of hearing about the Nazis despite the negative vibes it brings to them.

Nobody cares to tell us, for instance, how the rebels dealt with the eastern minorities who did not consider secession a good idea.
I am also interested to hear just like you, if anyone got it authentic let us hear it.  I was a Biafra soldier, but I will never consider killing a child or raping a woman when I got a mother or sister, no matter what circumstance.  War is not an excuse to lose your sanity.

The world's a funny place, what is good or right depends on how it affects you.
So wrong there, evil will always be evil and can never be justified. At Nuremberg trial, the Nazis said they were obeying orders but that didn't wash.

I will never mock the loss of 2m lives but at the risk of sounding indifferent.
You just did above without knowing wink

There is nothing in this country's history that suggests that any ethnicity would not respond in such a merciless manner if it had been the dominant one given the circumstances.
Another wrong belief. Will you had participate in rapes if you were there in person and circumstances give you the opportunity to do so? Are you trying to tell me something?

It is believed that the southwest dominates the local media. They paint themselves as progressives, ideological etc. Then they paint the north as parasitical, rapacious and power mongering.
But you can’t paint yourself what you are not or what someone else is not and it last for so long. Sooner than later, you’re true colours will appear.

The desire to paint one side in the war as the righteous and just one combined with the desire to force down those theories down people's throats is apart from being funny and misplaced, unnecessary.
If you kept telling me that the raping of my two sisters in front of my grnadparents are theories or me sounding righteous, I don’t think you understand the impact, especially when one of them committed suicide because of the psychological damage she could not live with.

The war is gone. Most of Nigeria's internet using population weren't even born.
If you think that the war is gone, you are new to Naira land or you never hear Obasanjo speaks in 2009. And it seems you're too young to handle the truth.

More Nigerians now have relatives from other ethnic groups, inter ethnic marriages seem to be on the rise and those that actually live in Nigeria or actually know something about Nigeria’s current travails as a nation are at a consensus that our political class+individual attitudes are the biggest problems.
Wrong again, Babangida, Obasanjo, Vartsa and many others marrying Igbo women did not stop them. The British royal family originated from Germany but that didn’t stop Hitler and the Nazis. Now that is a lesson for you.

From Uba to Kalu to Anenih to Obasanjo to Akala to Daniel to Atiku to Mark, to Me to You. Let’s get our priorities right.
You see, when you forced criminal from all cultures and differences together, they all bring their various skills to the table and becomes formidable. That is the tragedy of one Nigeria.

You can diss all u want. Just that I won't respond.
You don’t have to response, you have already done and no one is dissing (whatever that means) including you.
Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by Eziachi: 2:53pm On Nov 14, 2009
Duduknight:

You are supposed to be THE moderator. Do you know what it means to be a moderator?

No brother, you tell him. maybe a moderator to you is someone without a conscience and an opinion when they percieved evil.
Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by Dede1(m): 2:58pm On Nov 14, 2009
Opinion is a privilege accorded to all human beings even when such act depicts the idiocy in human nature. It is even funny that deluded minds often form deluded opinions. However, opinion born out of fundamental delusion and induced by inherent social disorder remains an opinion. Indeed SEFAGO, you have an opinion.

For example, SEFAGO quoted “man a bunch of dumb cows. You are talking of the UN charter of the right to self-determination issued after WW1. THis is not the same as the right to secede.  It only becomes the right to secede when fundamental basic human rights are no longer guaranteed i.e when it is definitely a genocide”. Does this lady think before she writes? 

The fundamental basic human rights of southern Nigerians in the northern region of Nigeria as of 1966 were not guaranteed that regional government of the north and federal government of Nigeria had to degree that all non-indigenes should return to their respective home regions. At least, by her admission, the pogrom and lack of guarantee for basic fundamental human rights in northern region for non-indigenes of the region were makers of secession. 

It is a person such as lady SEFAGO that makes secession a thing of cantankerous and war. In layman’s term secession is breakaway from a nation state. If a lesson has to be learnt about the intrigue of secession as exemplified by the secession movement since the fall of iron curtain in some communist countries, I guess you and your forbearers have secured a front row seats in such a class.
Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by revomind(m): 3:07pm On Nov 14, 2009
Genocide. Nazis committed one on jews, the ruling hutus on tutsis in rwanda,milosevic of yugoslavia on the muslim bosnians. Whatever arises after 2 groups declare war can hardly be seen as genocide. Pearl Harbour and Hiroshima,Japs struck then the Americans in vengeance. The american response was more severe because they were stronger. Mr Eziachi, it was the Biafran War not a Genocide on Igbo people. Nixon, senator kennedy and a 'reputable newspaper' calling it one does not make it one. A far higher casualty on one side can never qualify war as a genocide. You should know this.
One more thing,i see you are trying 2 suggest to young non-igbo people that their fathers are rapists. Ludicrous! You sound like a serious bigot who would have done worse than your perceived enemies. You specifically mentioned yoruba people and that got me wondering. Since you are the master of digging out hidden historical truths,i'm suprised that you didn't know that the bulk of foot soldiers were from the north and even neighbouring countries like Niger. And that to be fair,they have always been the least represented in the nigerian army. I maintain that it was a regrettable war situation fuelled by mutual hatred. It could have been either way.
Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by Dede1(m): 3:30pm On Nov 14, 2009
revomind:

Genocide. Nazis committed one on jews, the ruling hutus on tutsis in rwanda,milosevic of yugoslavia on the muslim bosnians. Whatever arises after 2 groups declare war can hardly be seen as genocide. Pearl Harbour and Hiroshima,Japs struck then the Americans in vengeance. The american response was more severe because they were stronger. Mr Eziachi, it was the Biafran War not a Genocide on Igbo people. Nixon, senator kennedy and a 'reputable newspaper' calling it one does not make it one. A far higher casualty on one side can never qualify war as a genocide. You should know this.
One more thing,i see you are trying 2 suggest to young non-igbo people that their fathers are rapists. Ludicrous! You sound like a serious bigot who would have done worse than your perceived enemies. You specifically mentioned yoruba people and that got me wondering. Since you are the master of digging out hidden historical truths,i'm suprised that you didn't know that the bulk of foot soldiers were from the north and even neighbouring countries like Niger. And that to be fair,they have always been the least represented in the nigerian army. I maintain that it was a regrettable war situation fuelled by mutual hatred. It could have been either way.

This is a matter of comprehension or lack thereof. The ever eloquent Ezechi had never construed Nigeria-Biafra war as genocide. However, like any person with a formidable social order, Ezechi has reiterated that, though with documented factual facts dotted with timelines, the pogrom of 1966 in the northern region of Nigeria was genocidal.

If you choose to remain in denial of this fact, you are entitled to such a drama.
Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by Eziachi: 4:15pm On Nov 14, 2009
revomind:

One more thing,i see you are trying 2 suggest to young non-igbo people that their fathers are rapists. Ludicrous! You  sound like a serious bigot who would have done worse than your perceived enemies. You specifically mentioned yoruba people and that got me wondering. Since you are the master of digging out hidden historical truths,i'm suprised that you didn't know that the bulk of foot soldiers were from the north and even neighbouring countries like Niger. And that to be fair,they have always been the least represented in the nigerian army. I maintain that it was a regrettable war situation fuelled by mutual hatred. It could have been either way.   

I did not invent the worde GENOCIDE. If what happened in Biafra is not genocide, please define what you think constitute genocide, I may be wrong, please could you define genocide and give us example of any in history?  You learn nw thing everyday, I could be persuaded. Give us your theory off genocide.
I mentioned young Yoruba because how many northerners are in Nairaland? And my insinuation goes to young naive Igbo youths too.  If you want to interprete it anyway you wanted, that is not my problem.  There is no excuse for rape, if it's okay with you, that is your cup of tea and not mine.  In my culture, rape is punishable by death in the ancient time and would have been so in Biafra, that is how abhoring it is.

Like I say perpetrators of genocide always find it difficult to accept what they did. They always live in denial. If what your fathers and leader disturbs you anytime their sin or crime is mention, just look at the modern German and take a clue from them. In Dafur, the authorities in Sudan are also in denial like you and tend to get angry whenever it's mentioned. I don't need to tell the northerner anything, they already knew but I am mindful of those that call your their brother, fellow southerners. The last time I heard that word "SOUTHERNERS" was after the injustice of June 12 and it seems to have disappeared again since and after 1999.
GUILT IS A DIFFICULT BURDEN TO CARRY!!
Don't blame me for it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Rivers Tribunal: How Area Commander Supervised Ballot Thumb-printing –Police / Edward Onoja Teaching Pupils In A Classroom (Photos) / ‘ortom Is A Failure, We Won’t Miss Him’ – APC Tells Benue Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 149
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.