Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,746 members, 7,809,845 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:56 PM

HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! (26854 Views)

Famous Quotes Of Prof Chinua Achebe / Famous Quotes By Ojukwu / History Lesson 2: Gideon Orkar Broadcast Message-unedited (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by Onlytruth(m): 9:36am On Nov 25, 2009
oyb:

^^^^^

i want to believ that it is mainly nigerians in the diaspora that subscribe to all this biafra noise. i have been all over nigeria - and ibos are everywhere. even in zamfara.

so i have o wonder who all these people calling for biafra are.

even with the  bloodshed in the north, ibos are staying put.

so one can only conclude that it is disaporans with no true sense of what is going on -

the numbers of ibos outside the east speak for themselves

see biafrans in action

www.nairaland.com/attachments/200791_london1_jpgf6369f4e183994c33ada90f328400109

wetin i talk - i bet that guy has not set foot in naija for the past 15 years - maybe thats only truth grin grin

anyway, what can i say - america has its kooks, all those paranoid noisemaker militias, we have biafrans - lots of noise on the internet   grin grin

No my friend, this is more like me.

Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by Onlytruth(m): 9:48am On Nov 25, 2009
@oyb

If you've followed my post, you will notice that I am unapologetic about honoring the memories of my people whom you tried to wipe out.
More importantly, honoring those brave men and women who died in defense of their homeland, my homeland. To folks like me, those Biafran heroes are the only real thing I have seen in that space called Nigeria. Everything else is fake. That is why you can't even have electricity. A friend reasoned that Nigeria cannot produce light because the country is led by people with dark souls, like the types that are without remorse after starving women and children to death.
So, you see my friend, the things I celebrate are far more honorable than the ones you celebrate. Mine gives me hope. Your's bring despair and hopelessness. Your minister for power has just shifted the power goal posts for uninterupted power supply to 2010. And the lies go on and on,  grin
Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by Eziachi: 11:22am On Nov 25, 2009
oyb:

your posts make it clear how desperate you are - you actually think you can equate the holocaust with biafra? are you trying to claim that you're ancestors were systematically rounded up, put in detention camps, used as slave labor and for medical experiments and systematically robbed? do you know how ridicuilous you sound?

now you are equating charles taylor, a blood thirsty rebel leader with the Nigerian army. is your revolutionary fervor clouding your reasoning?

please tell me if your heroic ancestors fought a 'clean fair' war. you want us to believe the did not also engage in war atrocities?

keep on whining. must be a biafran thing

japan attacked pearl habor, america dropped two bombs on them - they have moved on
Britain and France fought a hundred years war - they too have moved on
rwanda was home to real genocide complete with kill the cockroaches o the radio - they too have moved on.

infact, most ibos have moved on, which s why hy are integrated all over nigeria. its only in cyberspace where we have biafran patriots lying to themselves.

the crux of the whole thing. some kids are playing militia in the diaspora, and think that if they can just mobilize, things will be different this time around. they look at mend - forgettin that mend, like the talibanis a guerilla/terorist organisation. we are talking conventional warfare here.

this is the most ridiculous and offtopic part of the thread. exacly what are you getting at?

while isreal looks at the holocaust and says - never again - 'biafrans' look at starvation and kwashiokor and say lets do it again - we will win this time

your posts make it clear how desperate you are - you actually think you can equate the holocaust with biafra? are you trying to claim that you're ancestors were systematically rounded up, put in detention camps, used as slave labor and for medical experiments and systematically robbed? do you know how ridicuilous you sound?

I do not know what desperate means to you. When someone suffered a lose through wickedness, you do not recommend to me how I should feel or mourn. Then if you seriously insist in callously telling me to stop whining, then I will wish you and your entire family exactly what you wished others. Whether its holocaust or any other form of human inhumanity to another man, I do not differentiate them. Probably you knew better than myself in that respect to killing, all I know is killing a person, either by bullet or starvation means the same thing to me.

now you are equating charles taylor, a blood thirsty rebel leader with the Nigerian army. is your revolutionary fervor clouding your reasoning?

Tell me the different between Charles Taylor and Benjamin Adekunle or TY Danjuma? May be you know what I don’t in that respect, since you’re expert in torture and knows the one that constitute bad or good torture.

please tell me if your heroic ancestors fought a 'clean fair' war. you want us to believe the did not also engage in war atrocities?

Maybe you have the answer to that and if you do have them, I want to hear them and if it’s the same as your heroic ancestors, I will make no excuses, I will utterly condemn it.

keep on whining. must be a biafran thing

That word whining, exactly prove our point and I wish you all the things that led to my whining by double fold. I wonder if the Jews were told by the German to stop whining, what would have happened today?

japan attacked pearl habor, america dropped two bombs on them - they have moved on
Britain and France fought a hundred years war - they too have moved on
rwanda was home to real genocide complete with kill the cockroaches o the radio - they too have moved on.

What Japan/America did was bad and they have recognised it. The veteran on both side had been exchanging visit and apologies and remorse over what they did had been acknowledged. Hence your idea they have moved forward. They did not tell each other to stop whining over Hiroshima or Pearl Harbour. They did not continue the war after it ended with endless inhuman policies like seizure of assets, quota system. American and Vietnam are doing exactly the same thing. Today, denying the Holocaust is a criminal offence in the entire Europe, punishable by a long prison term.
In Rwanda, as we speak the leader of the Hutu tribe and their followers are still facing the international criminal court in Arusha Tanzania and many of them had apologised unreservedly to their victim families, that is the way to move forward.

infact, most ibos have moved on, which s why hy are integrated all over nigeria. its only in cyberspace where we have biafran patriots lying to themselves.

Maybe ibos had moved on but Igbos haven’t moved on remembering their dead loved one, as long as they see those responsible for it walking about, even looting our natural resources at our expense and their children telling us to stop whining. If I am cyber patriot, what exactly are you? Calling someone who has actually seen action in a real war a cyber patriot isn’t that brilliant.
Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by Onlytruth(m): 6:38pm On Nov 25, 2009
@oyb

Obviously someone really empowered to know these things reached the same conclusion about the war: It was a genocide.

"Until now efforts to relieve the Biafran people have been thwarted by the desire of the central government of Nigeria to pursue total and unconditional victory and by the fear of the Ibo people that surrender means wholesale atrocities and genocide. But genocide is what is taking place right now - and starvation is the grim reaper. This is not the time to stand on ceremony, or to go through channels or to observe the diplomatic niceties,  The destruction of an entire people is an immoral objective even in the most moral of wars. It can never be justified; it can never be condoned."

Mr. Richard Nixon, September 9, 1968- During the Presidential Campaign

So, for you to continue in your line of reasoning simply makes you a genocide denier. You won't be the last!
Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by citizenY(m): 11:47am On Nov 26, 2009
Me I have told you, if you create any monument, I shall be there to pay my respects to the departed.
That is Why I have requested severally for a monument like the wailing wall in Jerusalem. You don't
need to drag us there, we shall go there willingly and do what is required. If that is the price of peace,
why not?. After that what else, will you follow others to their own wailing wall? Were you the only victim?

This is not a matter of sophistry and all that, get to brass tacks. Recognise that others are also aggrieved as other
Nigerians have done. Cyberspace remains free , you are free to roam and we shall always tell you our position.
You may wish to establish the position of France, Tanzania etc etc on this matter- in the archives, so who are you talking to?
It is goo to com here and reawaken your propaganda skills but then, the goal posts have shifted, you are whistling in the dark.
Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by oduasolja: 1:56am On Jul 02, 2012
why dont you igbos preach about the genocide u commited against minority opposition.

towns that did not support biafra were burnt to the ground and flattened. the people massacred or locked up.

ojukwu was just as much a tyrant as anybody else.

ask the ijaws what you lot did to them.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Dumb Tribal Bigots Making A Fool Of Themselves / Imo, Zamfara: What Happened At The Supreme Court Yesterday / APC Blames PDP For Creating SARS, Hails Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.