Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,351 members, 7,815,717 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:05 PM

Hop In; Lets Share The Challenges We Face Getting Transportation To Work - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Hop In; Lets Share The Challenges We Face Getting Transportation To Work (9945 Views)

Help, I'm Having Challenges At Work! / Lady Sacked For Not Wearing Bra To Work In US (Photos) / Is Spending 500 On Transportation A Day To Work Too Much (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hop In; Lets Share The Challenges We Face Getting Transportation To Work by MariamAlheri: 9:52pm On Dec 11, 2016
frenchwine:
Lol lol lol, gaskiya, ina kula da kai. Kuma ni ma kusa da inda kake
mtschewwwwwwwwww
Re: Hop In; Lets Share The Challenges We Face Getting Transportation To Work by Nobody: 10:01pm On Dec 11, 2016
MariamAlheri:

mtschewwwwwwwwww
Malama / Mallam, me matsalar?
Re: Hop In; Lets Share The Challenges We Face Getting Transportation To Work by iyisco2001(m): 10:36pm On Dec 11, 2016
staand:
I think people living on the mainland and working on the Island should just find a place to stay close to work from Mon-Fri cos of stress.
Easier said than done.
I for one had issues getting apartment last week. Lekki no make sense, exorbitant rent plus traffic, ajah no even talk am, I can't live in an area where I have to get scared of when rain falls. Surulere, apart from the landlords and agents who want you to part with a million for a two year rent, the traffic on costain, cms and Bonny camp na die. I jeje return back to Berger where, ketu, iyana oworo, third mainland is free up till adekunle where I will drive slowly but not standstill untill I get to ikoyi, case closed.
Re: Hop In; Lets Share The Challenges We Face Getting Transportation To Work by IbroMaka(m): 10:36pm On Dec 11, 2016
frenchwine:
Lol lol lol, gaskiya, ina kula da kai. Kuma ni ma kusa da inda kake
Shege damburoba.. Na u wan chuke alhaji wife ko?
Walahi na yamutu u go meet dia
Re: Hop In; Lets Share The Challenges We Face Getting Transportation To Work by Nobody: 10:43pm On Dec 11, 2016
IbroMaka:

Shege damburoba.. Na u wan chuke alhaji wife ko?

Walahi na yamutu u go meet dia
Bros forget that tin, them alhaji wife don open eye oooo. No be the one kannywood ban wey don port go Hollywood?
Them know wosup now ooo .
MariamAlheri abi na lie?
Re: Hop In; Lets Share The Challenges We Face Getting Transportation To Work by IbroMaka(m): 10:52pm On Dec 11, 2016
frenchwine:

Bros forget that tin, them alhaji wife don open eye oooo. No be the one kannywood ban wey don port go Hollywood?
Them know wosup now ooo .
MariamAlheri abi na lie?

Kai.. U wan wipe Mariam pipes true true

No talk say I no warn u o... Kajiko?
Re: Hop In; Lets Share The Challenges We Face Getting Transportation To Work by Eaglesence: 10:59pm On Dec 11, 2016
frenchwine:
Well, my days are pretty routine. I wake up at the crack of dawn, actually at the Muslim's call to prayer, cos there is a mosque opposite my house.
Then I surf the net, scavenge for news, reply mails and messages.
At 7am I fix breakfast.
As in the civil service, work should resume by 8am, but being a senior staff, I sometimes leave home at 8.30am just so as not to be caught in traffic. My work is 5mins from home.
I pace myself at work, and usually would be done for the day by 1pm. (except on occasions where I have to man the Emmergency unit)

How family sirgrin
Re: Hop In; Lets Share The Challenges We Face Getting Transportation To Work by Nobody: 11:02pm On Dec 11, 2016
IbroMaka:

Kai.. U wan wipe Mariam pipes true true

No talk say I no warn u o... Kajiko?
Eh. Kaji . Naughty boy, beta carry your mind go give dry cleaner cheesy cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Hop In; Lets Share The Challenges We Face Getting Transportation To Work by bluish(f): 11:15am On Dec 12, 2016
OreofeeOluwa:
Mine is just too stressful.i work at lekki so i wakeup 4:30am and leave 5:10am get a brt from iyanaipaja to cms 180 then cms to lekki 150.coming back is even 400naira from lekki to iyanaipaja.
Hi dear, I work in Lekki as well, please where do you board CMS to Lekki for #150? Cos most times, I board it 250-300 at the park. Thank you
Re: Hop In; Lets Share The Challenges We Face Getting Transportation To Work by OreofeeOluwa(f): 12:17pm On Dec 12, 2016
bluish:

Hi dear, I work in Lekki as well, please where do you board CMS to Lekki for #150? Cos most times, I board it 250-300 at the park. Thank you
thats too expensive o.The brt usually stop at tbs so i'll just trek to the park and take it 150.Even without going to tbs,at their park its 200.
Re: Hop In; Lets Share The Challenges We Face Getting Transportation To Work by bluish(f): 1:44pm On Dec 12, 2016
OreofeeOluwa:
thats too expensive o.The brt usually stop at tbs so i'll just trek to the park and take it 150.Even without going to tbs,at their park its 200.
Pls o, which Park, cos I also board at the park, although I alight at CMS, and board from CMS Park. should I alight at TBS instead?
Pls help a sister cut cost on T-fare o
Re: Hop In; Lets Share The Challenges We Face Getting Transportation To Work by sweetilicious(f): 1:56pm On Dec 12, 2016
initialize:

I am just like you.

I easily get tired of driving through Lagos traffic so before going out, I look out to the express to check if the road is free, if the road isn't I set out to take the bus but then you get to the bus-stop and immediately i start having regrets as to why I didn't drive my car:

Reason for regrets includes:

1. Staying too long at the bus stop cos the Oshodi bus available is either going to bolade or Oshodi express but won't get to Oshodi Underbridge. grin

2. When i eventually gets Underbridge bus, the driver reaches Underbridge then he refuses to stop, he continue driving till he gets to somewhere closer to mushin than the Oshodi I paid for before matching break and d conductor starts screaming "Oya! E Bole"

3. Na only me comot for house and I paid for only myself but when I reach my bus stop, the conductor will merge me with 3 other people when I ask for my #150 naira change

4. The distance from the place where the Oshodi bus drops me to the next park to enter Bariga bus will make me always call pure water sellers.

5. I have to put on a face cap whenever I'm not driving cos I know there's possibility of staying under sun for too long at one spot due to not getting bus on time.

6. I put an eyeglass in my backpack cos it will be useful if I have to call "okada" whenever the cost of entering bus during Agege Motor way traffic is almost similar in value to that of taking Okada. I wear the eyeglass to prevent dust from entering my eyes.

7. Be ready to deal with pepper, onion, goat shit, etc smell if you enter Abule-egba bus from Ile-epo

8. Sweat, dust, dirt from public transport chair and sometimes the rusted metal body of the bus will put ur clothes in a situation of pity and you wished you just not so lazy with driving.

Despite all, I enjoy entering public transport cos u meet other pple, I can use my phone when not driving therefore my business doesn't pause, the fights and arguments are always anticipated cos they are usually entertaining and I sometimes like listening to hearing the chants by the conductors whenever they want to hail the union guys that collects money from them.

Mixed feeling; I will still leave my car at home tomorrow to enter bus to Computer village, Ikeja (I go enter Ikeja Inside, and I go "wole pelu changi mi"wink
This is part of the reasons i don't think i can adapt to lagos life. Some stories i hear about that place eh.
Re: Hop In; Lets Share The Challenges We Face Getting Transportation To Work by OreofeeOluwa(f): 2:27pm On Dec 12, 2016
bluish:

Pls o, which Park, cos I also board at the park, although I alight at CMS, and board from CMS Park. should I alight at TBS instead?
Pls help a sister cut cost on T-fare o
lolz. Yes just alight at tbs.just ask anybody lekki/ajah park its nt far.its in front of a building that has kfc and banks too are also in that building.
Re: Hop In; Lets Share The Challenges We Face Getting Transportation To Work by bluish(f): 2:38pm On Dec 12, 2016
OreofeeOluwa:
lolz. Yes just alight at tbs.just ask anybody lekki/ajah park its nt far.its in front of a building that has kfc and banks too are also in that building.
Thanks dear... I appreciate
Re: Hop In; Lets Share The Challenges We Face Getting Transportation To Work by IbroMaka(m): 7:21pm On Dec 12, 2016
sweetilicious:
This is part of the reasons i don't think i can adapt to lagos life. Some stories i hear about that place eh.

You are doomed if dem transfer u go work for lagos
Re: Hop In; Lets Share The Challenges We Face Getting Transportation To Work by sweetilicious(f): 8:57pm On Dec 12, 2016
IbroMaka:

You are doomed if dem transfer u go work for lagos
I swear
Re: Hop In; Lets Share The Challenges We Face Getting Transportation To Work by lonelydora: 8:41am On Dec 13, 2016
enitey:

Hahahahaha

But na true I talk nah, pretty girl

1 Like

Re: Hop In; Lets Share The Challenges We Face Getting Transportation To Work by enitey(f): 11:41am On Dec 13, 2016
lonelydora:

But na true I talk nah, pretty girl

You are very correct
Re: Hop In; Lets Share The Challenges We Face Getting Transportation To Work by lonelydora: 1:09pm On Dec 13, 2016
enitey:

You are very correct

Good girl.

1 Like

Re: Hop In; Lets Share The Challenges We Face Getting Transportation To Work by Nobody: 11:54am On Dec 14, 2016
frenchwine:
I work from 8am - 1pm. Takes me 5mins to get to work.
Civil service Is for lazy men like me
Re: Hop In; Lets Share The Challenges We Face Getting Transportation To Work by Nobody: 1:00pm On Dec 14, 2016
kneehighbootz:

lol. Even teachers close by 2pm!
Those ones are the lazy ones like me. The hardworking teachers take lesson classes and close by 4/5 tongue tongue tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tax In A Big Four Audit Firm Or Investment Banking / Augustina Armstrong-Ogbonna Wins UN Foundation Gold Prize / One Single Habit That Makes Every Millionaire A Lot Of Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.