Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,030 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:57 PM

WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) (39555 Views)

Poll: And the sole ticket goes to?

Nigeria: 70% (39 votes)
Tunisia: 29% (16 votes)
This poll has ended

Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 / Kenya Vs Nigeria: Five Things From The Match / Kenya Vs Nigeria - W-C Qualifier - (0 - 1) On 5th June 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by solajacobs(m): 3:02pm On Nov 13, 2009
Omo i no go watch am o.
Am tired of dissapointment
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by semid(m): 3:07pm On Nov 13, 2009
We are definitely going to qualify.
Kenya 0 Nigeria 1
Mozambique 0 Tunisia 0
Believe and don't lose hope.
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by bodejohn(m): 3:12pm On Nov 13, 2009
As it always happen to us when we fail to plan,
Nigeria will beat Kenya,
Mozambique will score an own goal! :bz
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by Ibime(m): 3:31pm On Nov 13, 2009
These boys better not phuck up. Ma whole summer 2010 is riding on them.
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by FBS: 3:32pm On Nov 13, 2009
Ibime:

These boys better not phuck up. Ma whole summer 2010 is riding on them.
hehehe! Even you Ibime. I think say you no dig Naija footie? shocked
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by Ibime(m): 3:33pm On Nov 13, 2009
FBS:

hehehe! Even you Ibime. I think say you no dig Naija footie? shocked

I no dig Naija youth footie. . . . I can still support the Super Eagles if I wish.
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by waledoy(m): 3:41pm On Nov 13, 2009
aisha2:

I really dont care about this bunch. AM patriotic oh but in a situation where the Coach seems prepared to fail, why invite an injured Mikel and leave better healthier players out. What kind of Man is dat? From the begining he really did has been painfully annoying and arrogant. God has consoled me with Eaglets
WHO? @ bold
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by Mydex(m): 3:45pm On Nov 13, 2009
@FBS,
I started this thread first
You broke your own rule

What right do you have to bully
us because you are the moderator,

Check yourself, you are no different from
a police officer, who uses his position to
intimidate others

I wonder what reason you will give me now
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by FBS: 4:04pm On Nov 13, 2009
@Mydex, no need to throw insults ok?

My bad and I sincerely apologise for this but I acted on the order from above and for reasons that I cannot divulge here. Believe me for it weren't so I wouldn't have done this.

Hope you will understand.

Cheers. wink
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by Uby40(m): 4:05pm On Nov 13, 2009
i intentional booked a 1:45 trip to Lagos,so that b4 i get there,and finally find my way home,the freakin match wudda bin dusted.so much lack of faith in the air already.
At least,after they loose tomorrow,those "overaged-17year old" might give us the victory on sunday.
if i have to pick who shud carry the day btwn the two teams,i'll pick those over aged,cos atleast they deserved it.
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by Ossaifamous(m): 4:07pm On Nov 13, 2009
ha fabs na wah o
I don forget sey those boiz get work 2 do o , well I go dey 4 work and even so I go remind peeps sey na agbalagba dey play make them nor go think sey na u17
even if them qualify wetin dem wan go do their
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by Jeovy(m): 4:12pm On Nov 13, 2009
All this drama seems familiar like a remix
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by 9ja4eva: 5:03pm On Nov 13, 2009
We no dey go anywhere.Make we face reality.I no even sure say we go beat Kenya.
Make we go prepare for Nations cup.

Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by honeric01(m): 5:06pm On Nov 13, 2009
We shall see,
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by saworoide: 5:22pm On Nov 13, 2009
I still pray Nigeria qualifies

Please say Amen
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by honeric01(m): 5:37pm On Nov 13, 2009
saworoide:

I still pray Nigeria qualifies

Please say Amen

And then fire the coach and the players
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by MrCrackles(m): 5:56pm On Nov 13, 2009
FBS:

And if they make it through nko? Yo go chop ya remote? tongue
I will be doing my own business in the zamaretto league but i will be straight onto the fone after to laugh at my dad, knowing Tunisia wouldav won. . . . wink
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by tkb417(m): 6:12pm On Nov 13, 2009
those guys cant beat our U 17 and they wanna go play Brasil

God forbid
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by chukxy: 6:14pm On Nov 13, 2009
Good people, I want to know if Nigeria wins their match and Tunisia draws their match, What will be the fate of Nigeria.?
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by honeric01(m): 6:49pm On Nov 13, 2009
chukxy:

Good people, I want to know if Nigeria wins their match and Tunisia draws their match, What will be the fate of Nigeria.?

then south Africa, here we come
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by 2tait: 7:14pm On Nov 13, 2009
I SEE NIGERIA IN SOUTH AFRICA!
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by infohenry(m): 7:24pm On Nov 13, 2009
Just after looking at my crystal ball, this is the resuls
KENYA 0 NIGERIA 2
MOZAMBIQUE 1
TUNISIA 1
I dont know if this is because am a nigerian but all the same goto sleep cos nigeria will qualify.
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by MustardInc: 7:25pm On Nov 13, 2009
[size=15pt]DESPERATE TIMES --- and all that![/size]
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by naso2(m): 7:28pm On Nov 13, 2009
A good coach will make the KENYA STAMINA and ALTITUDE count for less by adopting the right tactics . But Amodu no sabi anything so wetin man go expect.

Na only prayer
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by snokky(m): 7:29pm On Nov 13, 2009
2tait:

I  SEE  NIGERIA IN SOUTH AFRICA!

Good to hear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By the way, re u a prophet plz?

And plz, lets everyone prophesy now o, before the match.

I dont want to begin to hear say one pastor don say we go win or loose o, after the match o,

If u wan prophesy, tete do am now before 2pm tomorrow.
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by naliakar: 7:44pm On Nov 13, 2009
Unlike you unpatriotic noise makers, I am traveling to Nairobi to cheer our super chicken  on. They have to win this match if they are to retain the title Super Eagles again. The good news is that the Kenyan team has had  no coach so far and just got one appointed this week. They are having lots of problems training.

http://www.nation.co.ke/sports/football/-/1102/685114/-/view/printVersion/-/7wjagp/-/index.html

Oliech vows to bring Eagles down

In Summary

Kenya’s ace striker Dennis Oliech says his performance should not be solely judged on the number of goals he scores but his overall contribution to the team.

Speaking for the first time since his re-inclusion on the national team, the Auxerre striker said the important thing was victory for Kenya in their World Cup/African Cup of Nations qualifier match against Nigeria on Saturday regardless of who scores.

“I am hoping on Saturday I can score the winning goal like I did against Cape Verde in 2003 that took us to African Cup of Nations. Maybe even two goals,” Oliech said at the team camp at Kasarani.

“Any other person can also score, maybe (Patrick) Oboya, or any other player. What we need is to win and go to the Nations Cup and all Kenyans should come out and support us.”

Oliech, who is the leading Kenyan scorer in the qualifiers with five goals, confessed he always had to grapple with the pressure of being expected to score in every Stars game.

“I’ve been scoring for Kenya since 2002. That has been my job. So the pressure is always on me because I score regularly.”

Absent without official leave Antoine Hey, who was replaced by Twahir Muhiddin this week, dropped Oliech for the Tunisia game in October because of poor form. The Auxerre striker has failed to find the net in three consecutive internationals. But Oliech said it was unfair to drop him on that basis as he was still the best striker available in the country.

Regretted change

“I do not see a problem if I fail to score in three games. It happens to any top rated striker. For me, being there as number nine is a bigger impact than scoring.

“Some strikers have not scored for even four years and no one is talking about them. Me, it is just a few games and all are talking. Maybe I have to come out on Saturday and score to silence people,” he said.

Oliech regretted the change of coaches with just days to the clash saying it was bad timing.

“We have been working with Hey, but now a few days to the game we are changing coaches. It is not a good thing but we have to put that all behind us and do our best on the pitch,” he said.

Captain Musa Otieno shared Oliech’s sentiments but said the players were professional enough to focus on the job at hand. Harambee Stars must beat the mighty Nigerians and hope Mozambique fail to win against Tunisia in Maputo in order to secure third spot in Group Two and qualification for the African finals in Angola next year.

The team went through their third day of training under Muhiddin on Wednesday.

Titus Mulama declined to join the team after he was recalled by Muhiddin on Tuesday. According to Muhiddin, the player said he had retired from international football. Instead, Kenyan Premier League top scorer John Baraza has been given another chance to stake a claim on the national team.

Muhiddin said he was still working on his team tactics before naming his side tomorrow.
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by samuraix1: 8:03pm On Nov 13, 2009
You nigerians are bunch of loosers, when are you all going to admit the fact that my country Tunisia will be taking the ticket? Can you sincerely say that you have a team that will make your people proud? Naaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by No2Atheism(m): 8:04pm On Nov 13, 2009
Nigeria is the big dog that would get whooped like this . . . . grin grin grin grin

Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by blackmann(m): 8:38pm On Nov 13, 2009
the only way i can see the chickens going to the world cup is if we win and tunisia loses. tunisia will be very aware of that fact and they will try their best to get the ticket. even if they draw sef, naija no dey go anywhere.
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by samuraix1: 8:51pm On Nov 13, 2009
The Samurai has spoken, no world cup for Naija, you guys can watch it on SuperSport grin
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by snokky(m): 8:52pm On Nov 13, 2009
black,

but i thought if they draw but we win, we re going nah, ?
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by honeric01(m): 8:53pm On Nov 13, 2009
tomorrow will judge, if we win and Tunisia loses or draw, we have qualified.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (34) (Reply)

Nigeria Finishes Second Position At All African Games / Tokyo 2020: Nigeria’s First Olympics Gymnast, Uche Eke Crashes Out / Highlights Of Barcelona's 8-2 Loss To Bayern (Video, Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.