Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,455 members, 7,830,260 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:47 PM

An Open Drain, A Street Hawker, A Pastor (Pictured) - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / An Open Drain, A Street Hawker, A Pastor (Pictured) (55618 Views)

Pastor Pictured Shooting His Enemies With Gun In Church(photos,video) / Woman Drinks Concoction From A Pastor And Dies, Buried Amidst Tears (Pics) / Skeleton Found In A Pastor's House In Ogun (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Open Drain, A Street Hawker, A Pastor (Pictured) by okomummy: 10:00am On Dec 11, 2016
livingg:
Misplaced priority....... Love not the world

Ja ra e
Re: An Open Drain, A Street Hawker, A Pastor (Pictured) by Lillpo(m): 10:00am On Dec 11, 2016
Some people will jst open der gutter(mouth) nd start spewing thrash.. ..He might as well helped multiple people without ur knwing it, jst because he took a pix of his car doesn't mean he is razzmatazzing undecided
Re: An Open Drain, A Street Hawker, A Pastor (Pictured) by lastpage: 10:01am On Dec 11, 2016
livingg:
Misplaced priority....... Love not the world

Blame not the Pastor!

God gave all of us brains for a reason, if others decide it is the Pastors that must think or pray on their behalf, then so be it.

Lastpage!
Re: An Open Drain, A Street Hawker, A Pastor (Pictured) by Solowande(m): 10:04am On Dec 11, 2016
But still, I think pastors should emulate Christ more, the only tin I remember he rode in the bible was a mule not a bently[/quote] and u think dat if there were G wagon, bentley and the rest in Jesus time he won't ride on dem. Don't be quick to judge
Re: An Open Drain, A Street Hawker, A Pastor (Pictured) by princetom1(m): 10:05am On Dec 11, 2016
idu1:
So, what's the problem now?

Is the pastor responsible for the open gutter?

What do you want him to do?

I should not live my life because there are poor people hawking on the street?

Are u a pastor? Nope, you have what it takes to be a real pastor? Nope. How do u feel when u see people suffer? U don't care, as long as u eat. Case closed. This word, live by example, Christ taught it and show it, but pastors now, their version is, U will become rich, ur enemies die by fire, so, am sure u are happy wen ur pastor buy a 1 million dollar car sef, in ur mind, u are next.
Re: An Open Drain, A Street Hawker, A Pastor (Pictured) by Okadalifestyle(m): 10:05am On Dec 11, 2016
So who is supposed to be rich and poor in this world. Since all man no want see lavish life in pastors, make we empower Juju men to get lavish riches. This life is a pot of hot beans in Falz voice.
Re: An Open Drain, A Street Hawker, A Pastor (Pictured) by Nobody: 10:05am On Dec 11, 2016
princetom1:

Madam, let me try to be sensible.
Who is he emulating? If its Jesus, he helps almost everyone he comes in contact with. But i guess he is just a Yahoo boy, using churches to cover face. Make thunder fire him

Jesus went ahout doing good, healing the sick, raising the dead and casting out demons. Apart from the provision of food and drink he did as miracles, Jesus was not a millionaire.

In my opinion, pastors should live modest lives, no matter how much God has blessed you, He blessed you so you can be a blessing to other people.
Re: An Open Drain, A Street Hawker, A Pastor (Pictured) by olawonder(m): 10:07am On Dec 11, 2016
Too many foolish ppl in Nigeria, and indeed on nairaland! The picture depicts d retrograde state of our society; a man ordained to build society, help little children into better education, do community services by using church donations to pave d roads/cover d drainages and build food collection banks for d poor is instead spending lavishly and rubbing it all over d faces of d poor ppl in his community!

3 Likes

Re: An Open Drain, A Street Hawker, A Pastor (Pictured) by bigtt76(f): 10:10am On Dec 11, 2016
Funny shaaa ....buh did the pastor own the open drains? angry
Re: An Open Drain, A Street Hawker, A Pastor (Pictured) by nwakibie3(m): 10:11am On Dec 11, 2016
idu1:
So, what's the problem now?

Is the pastor responsible for the open gutter?

What do you want him to do?

I should not live my life because there are poor people hawking on the street?

dont mind them, they should fold their arms and keep waiting for pastors to come and pay their bills wen buhari and Co they voted for keep sharing our national cake.
Re: An Open Drain, A Street Hawker, A Pastor (Pictured) by Kossym(m): 10:11am On Dec 11, 2016
They talk as if they ve never had 5k and work pass a beggar
Re: An Open Drain, A Street Hawker, A Pastor (Pictured) by genpriest(m): 10:11am On Dec 11, 2016
So Pastors should not live good and drive good cars just 'cus they are pastors, buh politicians can do whatever buy abd drive whatever they like and nothing will happen. If a man wore tattered cloths and come preach to you about how great God is, would you believe him. The person wen dey talk, does he trek and how many pple has he helped?

You people should live your lives and stop bothering over how someone chooses to live his
Re: An Open Drain, A Street Hawker, A Pastor (Pictured) by Oche211(m): 10:11am On Dec 11, 2016
menxer:
Of course, where else were they (pastors) supposed to be?
They are the middle men, between God's abundance and poverty in the streets.

Besides, when last did that boy pay his tithes/offering?
grin
This is the worst comment i've read in a long time.
It reminds me one of the "7 deadly sins by Mahatma Gandhi"
PLEASURE WITHOUT CONSCIENCE
Re: An Open Drain, A Street Hawker, A Pastor (Pictured) by Nobody: 10:12am On Dec 11, 2016
If the Pastor has his way, he will not wait till Sunday to milk the little profit out of the hawker's hands, he would do it right there, after all the Rolls Royce needs fueling and someone has to put offering.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: An Open Drain, A Street Hawker, A Pastor (Pictured) by Nobody: 10:12am On Dec 11, 2016
Demigods666:
Xtianity useless scam. People will never learn.
xtianity means living like Christ i.e simply loving ur neighbour as u love urself
i wonder how many pastors there would be 2day if der were no tithe n offering to collect
Re: An Open Drain, A Street Hawker, A Pastor (Pictured) by nwakibie3(m): 10:13am On Dec 11, 2016
dejavubobo1:

but he got a rolls Royce & we still can't question him ? so wats d essence of d word pastor if he can't help d ppl on d street ?

so pastors are now the government u should hold responsible? by the way how many ppl hv u helped this year?
Re: An Open Drain, A Street Hawker, A Pastor (Pictured) by Henrypraise: 10:14am On Dec 11, 2016
beautyerhu86:
Nigerians hate the truth. If you look at those defending the pastor, it's most likely they have not eaten for days because they were told to fast and pray meanwhile the pastor eats more than once a day. The gullibility of so many worshippers of pastors is really becoming too much and they need a spank on the head with a hammer.

is it d pastor dat built d drainage or he is d one dat opened d slab? is he d teacher of d child hawking or d parents of d hawking child? is he d govt?

I bet u av some one around u hu is hungry, yet u ar using a high class fon to browse. y not sell ur fon to feed d hungry, den u can resort to letter writing....
Re: An Open Drain, A Street Hawker, A Pastor (Pictured) by Nobody: 10:15am On Dec 11, 2016
Oktoberfest:

xtianity means living like Christ i.e simply loving ur neighbour as u love urself
i wonder how many pastors there would be 2day if der were no tithe n offering to collect

Which offering ? Offering/Tithe are just the 'expected income source', most of them running churches and Charity Organizations now use those channels for money laundering. That is the practice Globally, they are using those foundations to receive bribes (donations) and also move funds under the impressions that they are building branches abroad or donating for flood, outbreak etc victims. You move the bar to the next country and you get much more than the ecclesiastical 10%.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Open Drain, A Street Hawker, A Pastor (Pictured) by creamylicious(f): 10:16am On Dec 11, 2016
i need a referral email address on givers forum. net... anyone here willing to drop his or her address thanks
Re: An Open Drain, A Street Hawker, A Pastor (Pictured) by princetom1(m): 10:17am On Dec 11, 2016
kennygee:

Jesus went ahout doing good, healing the sick, raising the dead and casting out demons. Apart from the provision of food and drink he did as miracles, Jesus was not a millionaire.

In my opinion, pastors should live modest lives, no matter how much God has blessed you, He blessed you so you can be a blessing to other people.

Ah, madam, u fall my hand, Jesus will had been a trillionaire if he is like today's pastor, but its clear he isn't interested in any worldly things, he even turned down to be a ruler (polithiefcian), church money is not pastors own. U shouldn't spend these money like u are on a paid job, its a sacrifice, but i guess, church business is the best roi as at now bcoz in Nigeria, we are super blind spiritually.

1 Like

Re: An Open Drain, A Street Hawker, A Pastor (Pictured) by nwakibie3(m): 10:18am On Dec 11, 2016
Lillpo:
Some people will jst open der gutter(mouth) nd start spewing thrash.. ..He might as well helped multiple people without ur knwing it, jst because he took a pix of his car doesn't mean he is razzmatazzing undecided

dont mind those fools. ask all of them that are talking against pastors how many ppl they hv helped this year.
Re: An Open Drain, A Street Hawker, A Pastor (Pictured) by ChurchDatabase: 10:19am On Dec 11, 2016
Make some cool cash (5,000.00 on each). refer as many churches/ parishes as you can to sign up and use Church Administration Management Software. email info@cams.com.ng for more information.

Today, most churches are realizing the advantage that technology brings. Gone are the days when the head of the church can only give a rough estimate of its total members. And the days of keeping all these information in catalogs and drawers are also left in the past.
Church Administration Management Software (CAMS)
http://cams.com.ng/index.php/get-started CAMS (Web Based Application) is designed to manage processes including financial records, membership personal data, attendance records, church activities records, and many more.
CAMS Exciting features of CAMS
Members Database/ Printable Directories
Quickly generate printable and customizable photo or text directories for your church members or other ministerial groups.
Donation Appreciation Letters
Easily prints out a customizable letter for all families that gave donations that year.
Manage Groups/Departments
This module makes it very easy for the church to manage the various ministerial groups of the church and the various members of the group.
Year End Giving Statements
Instantly generate year end (or quarterly) giving statements to be exported into PDF or MS Excel for accounting purpose.
Import Your Data
Bulk importing allows you to import your old system's data into CAMS or we can do it for you for no additional charge.
Contribution Reports
Easily see trends and important metrics on the church project contributions/donation you receive.
Reports
Generate summary report of most key performance indicators for the church for any specified date range. Export result in MS Excel or PDF for accounting and record purposes.
Your Data is Secure
Secure connections ensure that no one else accesses your data.
Trusted by:
Catholic Parishes, Lutheran Church, Methodist Church, Anglican Communion, Pentecostal Churches and Ministries.
Order Now and enjoy up to 85% DISCOUNTS of the actual price. Promo is valid from 1st -31st December, 2016.
Visit: http://cams.com.ng/index.php/get-started
Twitter: https://twitter.com/churchcams
Re: An Open Drain, A Street Hawker, A Pastor (Pictured) by Kyllahmc(m): 10:19am On Dec 11, 2016
How did our ancestors gulp down christianity so easily... I have never seen a village chief priest with a rolls royce.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Open Drain, A Street Hawker, A Pastor (Pictured) by princetom1(m): 10:20am On Dec 11, 2016
Henrypraise:

is it d pastor dat built d drainage or he is d one dat opened d slab? is he d teacher of d child hawking or d parents of d hawking child? is he d govt?

I bet u av some one around u hu is hungry, yet u ar using a high class fon to browse. y not sell ur fon to feed d hungry, den u can resort to letter writing....

In another words, u see nothing wrong in a pastor living extravagantly?

1 Like

Re: An Open Drain, A Street Hawker, A Pastor (Pictured) by Nobody: 10:21am On Dec 11, 2016
Nigerians! So one cannot make money and spend it the way they deem fit?
Re: An Open Drain, A Street Hawker, A Pastor (Pictured) by financialpowa: 10:24am On Dec 11, 2016
There are poor people everywhere, even in the street of NEWYORK. If you feel the pastor is driving exotic car around while people are suffering, that is his and God Business, no one has right to judge, perharp it is not easy to be a successful pastor.
Re: An Open Drain, A Street Hawker, A Pastor (Pictured) by thowbie7ven(m): 10:27am On Dec 11, 2016
davide470:
I happened to know the Pastor in the picture. Tom Samson.

In as much as the Man like displaying his "wealth" at any given opportunity, he has also been a source of blessing to some people.

He has schools, a college of education (where he gives scholarship freely), provided housing and a source of income to many. He came from a very humbled background though, and never fails to share it whenever you come in contact with him.

The Rolls Royce is just too much sha, in my own opinion but if you are angry, vex and buy your own
BTW,one of his members got that Rolls Royce for him as a "surprise"birthday gift...let's be sincere, if it were you, would you have rejected such a kind gesture? Let's not judge others!..most of these cars/gadgets these so called Men of God own aren't gotten by them in person...a "rich" member of his church can just volunteer to get a car for him...or will you tell him not to collect it?...I even heard the Redeem man get his car replaced every year by one of his rich member...the story further pointed out the fact that the so called member has pledged to God to continue doing so every year...so what's your take on this?...will you tell him not to accept?...i'm not in support of a Man of God spending lavishly...Infact, I detest it...but at the same time, let's always take into consideration/s the reasons behind all these...
Re: An Open Drain, A Street Hawker, A Pastor (Pictured) by OROSUNBOLB(m): 10:29am On Dec 11, 2016
[quote author=izzy4shizzy post=51822803]I was of the opinion that such lavishness from pastors goes against what christianity stands for, I believed that the money could be of greater use but then after thinking a lot I realised that probably the percentage of what dey give out to the less priviledge might be more than the percentage most of us that critisize them give, for example
A pastor earns 10 million annually and gives out 4 million out to charity, where as someone that earns 500k annualy might give out less than 100k,

But still, I think pastors should emulate Christ more, the only tin I remember he rode in the bible was a mule not a bently but what do I know

But looking closely at the picture, I fail to see what points out the car to be a pastors own, all I see is a man with a shiny head wearing a gold cross chain[/

Your points would have been better understood had you employed appropriate usage of punctuation marks. These are terribly muddled up sentences.

quote]
Re: An Open Drain, A Street Hawker, A Pastor (Pictured) by Nobody: 10:30am On Dec 11, 2016
princetom1:

Ah, madam, u fall my hand, Jesus will had been a trillionaire if he is like today's pastor, but its clear he isn't interested in any worldly things, he even turned down to be a ruler (polithiefcian), church money is not pastors own. U shouldn't spend these money like u are on a paid job, its a sacrifice, but i guess, church business is the best roi as at now bcoz in Nigeria, we are super blind spiritually.

It is true that Jesus had no material possession, but I know God as Jehovah Jireh, He said He will supply all our Need according to His riches in glory, He said we should seek first His kingdom and His righteousness and all these things we crave will be added unto us. Christians are not destined to be paupers. Still, God expects us to bless people with the blessings He has bestowed upon us.

And full time pastors are paid, how else do u expect they feed their families, some pastors want as little as 60,000 a month, especially in RCCG, many of the suits and cars u see them driving are gifts, my pastor sowed the only car he had as a seed to complete the building of the church, today he drives an SUV he didn't buy with his money, it was a gift.

1 Like

Re: An Open Drain, A Street Hawker, A Pastor (Pictured) by san316(m): 10:40am On Dec 11, 2016
No matter what a man does, poverty can never be eliminated from society, it can only be reduced. Only the govt can be held responsible for the people's welfare. Individuals can only contribute but it doesn't prevent them from living their own lives.

1 Like

Re: An Open Drain, A Street Hawker, A Pastor (Pictured) by thowbie7ven(m): 10:41am On Dec 11, 2016
kennygee:

It is true that Jesus had no material possession, but I know God as Jehovah Jireh, He said He will supply all our Need according to His riches in glory, He said we should seek first His kingdom and His righteousness and all these things we crave will be added unto us. Christians are not destined to be paupers. Still, God expects us to bless people with the blessings He has bestowed upon us.

And full time pastors are paid, how else do u expect they feed their families, some pastors want as little as 60,000 a month, especially in RCCG, many of the suits and cars u see them driving are gifts, my pastor sowed the only car he had as a seed to complete the building of the church, today he drives an SUV he didn't buy with his money, it was a gift.
Thank you for airing your opinion from this angle...this is what most people don't understand!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Sex In The Church / Woman Vomits Python Snake During Spiritual Deliverance In Church In Taraba / Coronavirus: Apostle Kofi Nkrumah Sarkodie Arrested For Holding Church Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.