Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,433 members, 7,830,181 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:25 PM

An Open Drain, A Street Hawker, A Pastor (Pictured) - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / An Open Drain, A Street Hawker, A Pastor (Pictured) (55616 Views)

Pastor Pictured Shooting His Enemies With Gun In Church(photos,video) / Woman Drinks Concoction From A Pastor And Dies, Buried Amidst Tears (Pics) / Skeleton Found In A Pastor's House In Ogun (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Open Drain, A Street Hawker, A Pastor (Pictured) by bayocanny: 2:59pm On Dec 11, 2016
beautyerhu86:
Nigerians hate the truth. If you look at those defending the pastor, it's most likely they have not eaten for days because they were told to fast and pray meanwhile the pastor eats more than once a day. The gullibility of so many worshippers of pastors is really becoming too much and they need a spank on the head with a hammer.
What's up, how have you been?
Lost your BBM contact
Re: An Open Drain, A Street Hawker, A Pastor (Pictured) by Nobody: 3:00pm On Dec 11, 2016
that's Nigeria for you. the rich pastors keep getting richer while the poor keeps getting poorer.
Re: An Open Drain, A Street Hawker, A Pastor (Pictured) by afroditte(f): 3:24pm On Dec 11, 2016
seunfly:

God bless ur wisdom

It shows misplaced priority of human, a pastor is supppsed to be beacon of humility, hope and helping hands but it is now a beacon of extravagant in d mist of the poor, oppression and worldliness.
True!

This is the problem I have with most Pastors these days...they come off more like scammers when they are supposed to be humanitarians. It's sad really.

1 Like

Re: An Open Drain, A Street Hawker, A Pastor (Pictured) by afroditte(f): 3:25pm On Dec 11, 2016
Frankaka8:
you speak with wisdom. Wish to hav a woman as yu.
awww, thanks. I'm taken already.
Re: An Open Drain, A Street Hawker, A Pastor (Pictured) by Nobody: 3:45pm On Dec 11, 2016
izzy4shizzy:
I was of the opinion that such lavishness from pastors goes against what christianity stands for, I believed that the money could be of greater use but then after thinking a lot I realised that probably the percentage of what dey give out to the less priviledge might be more than the percentage most of us that critisize them give, for example
A pastor earns 10 million annually and gives out 4 million out to charity, where as someone that earns 500k annualy might give out less than 100k,

But still, I think pastors should emulate Christ more, the only tin I remember he rode in the bible was a mule not a bently but what do I know

Modified

For those of you quoting me and saying 10million is too much for a pastor to earn, I have 2 tins to say to u
1. That amount is an illustration, all I was talking about is the percentage of giving compared to that of earning
2. Some pastors earn more than that

Nb. Most of us judging this pastors would do the same thing if not worse if in the same situation

If Bentley was there Jesus will ride it.
Re: An Open Drain, A Street Hawker, A Pastor (Pictured) by Goldenheart(m): 4:15pm On Dec 11, 2016
meanwhile, if its the hawker that takes a selfie from the other angle, everyone will also react inversely....

I don't know wat to callit
Re: An Open Drain, A Street Hawker, A Pastor (Pictured) by Nobody: 5:25pm On Dec 11, 2016
davide470:
I happened to know the Pastor in the picture. Tom Samson.

In as much as the Man like displaying his "wealth" at any given opportunity, he has also been a source of blessing to some people.

He has schools, a college of education (where he gives scholarship freely), provided housing and a source of income to many. He came from a very humbled background though, and never fails to share it whenever you come in contact with him.

The Rolls Royce is just too much sha, in my own opinion but if you are angry, vex and buy your own

This is the most stupid statement I have read in a long time. A pastor gets the finances of his members, build a school with it and resell it back to them for his profit, the gives a little bit of the money back to the brainwashed members, drives luxury cars and all of a sudden he is the best? Nigeria is certainly a failed nation no doubt in my mind anymore!

-CramJones

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Open Drain, A Street Hawker, A Pastor (Pictured) by izzy4shizzy(m): 5:59pm On Dec 11, 2016
B
soulpeppersoup:

Horse was the bently, but he rode a mule..a mule is like the slowest animal of that time, like a beetle of today
Re: An Open Drain, A Street Hawker, A Pastor (Pictured) by drstone1: 6:20pm On Dec 11, 2016
ayd91:
Wow shocked
A PICTURE they say is worth a thousand words.

Won't say more than that.

Some folks I know enjoy such anti- Christian propaganda any parody they can concoct is always hilarious and feeds their fancy . But advise themselves and are very cautious to crack an unhealthy joke about any "Terrorist".
Re: An Open Drain, A Street Hawker, A Pastor (Pictured) by dfrost: 6:31pm On Dec 11, 2016
beautyerhu86:
a spank on the head with a hammer.

a sledge hammer precisely.

1 Like

Re: An Open Drain, A Street Hawker, A Pastor (Pictured) by dfrost: 6:35pm On Dec 11, 2016
cramjones:

Nigeria is certainly a failed nation no doubt in my mind anymore!

-CramJones

If you say failed nation, I will agree. Most def it's more like a group of individuals living in a marked geographical area. The way most Nigerians reason will baffle one. Gullibility is just a mild word to describe them. angry

1 Like

Re: An Open Drain, A Street Hawker, A Pastor (Pictured) by Emassive(m): 6:40pm On Dec 11, 2016
I think it's okay and any Christian's right to fast and pray for 100days if they wish to do so. I witness some pastors who are poor at the moment yet have been doing a lot of prayer and fasting but as soon as they get rich people like you come here to rant your anger instead of working hard enough to make your wealth then do all you preach here on NLD. Even pastor Oyedepo was always on the mountain praying, fasting without water or food according to history.

beautyerhu86:
Nigerians hate the truth. If you look at those defending the pastor, it's most likely they have not eaten for days because they were told to fast and pray meanwhile the pastor eats more than once a day. The gullibility of so many worshippers of pastors is really becoming too much and they need a spank on the head with a hammer.
Re: An Open Drain, A Street Hawker, A Pastor (Pictured) by Frankaka8(m): 6:42pm On Dec 11, 2016
afroditte:
awww, thanks. I'm taken already.
allrice. A lucky guy . Ride on.
Re: An Open Drain, A Street Hawker, A Pastor (Pictured) by Emassive(m): 6:45pm On Dec 11, 2016
You need to do an Online research for those willing to come out and tell you who sponsored them to school. I know a handful of people in the Uni back then been sponsored by popular Pastors ( G. O)'s of today. So just because the Govt broadcast who they help and the scholarships they give don't mean they do more than the church. The Bible request that our left hand don't see what the right hand does in alms giving. Be wise friend

seunfly:

God bless ur wisdom

It shows misplaced priority of human, a pastor is supppsed to be beacon of humility, hope and helping hands but it is now a beacon of extravagant in d mist of the poor, oppression and worldliness.
Re: An Open Drain, A Street Hawker, A Pastor (Pictured) by Nobody: 6:47pm On Dec 11, 2016
rubyradiance:

I can't bring myself to join issues with you,you are talking according to your understanding same as I,you were not there to ascertain if God truely called them or not. But one thing is sure some pastors gets a lot of gifts in cash and kinds
there is no need to debate with you, you appear to have given your soul to your so called pastors, you will go to any lenght to defend them, you have refused adamantly to think Rationally, if some one gives a gift of a Rolls Royce or any gift atall either expensive or not, they are not obligated to accept it, they can refuse to accept it, if they do accept it, that means this reward in heaven most so called pastors are preaching is a lie!, besides it's not up to humans to reward pastors for praying for them it's God who rewards every good deed, it's that not what you cretins preach?
No! i was not there to ascertain if they have been truelly ordained which is the reason why i don't trust them, they should always be under suspicion, and how can we separate the crooked ones from the sincere ones? by invesigating them, if people like you are quoting verses like "touch not my anointed" . if we agree that we were not at present when they were anointed why couldn't they be invesigated and sent to jail if guilty? who the hell! buys a Rolls Royce for a bloody pastor? even God do not get that much gift.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: An Open Drain, A Street Hawker, A Pastor (Pictured) by VickyRotex(f): 6:51pm On Dec 11, 2016

1 Like

Re: An Open Drain, A Street Hawker, A Pastor (Pictured) by dejavubobo1(m): 7:24pm On Dec 11, 2016
nwakibie3:

so pastors are now the government u should hold responsible? by the way how many ppl hv u helped this year?
Na MMM I dey EPP ppl
Re: An Open Drain, A Street Hawker, A Pastor (Pictured) by Nobody: 7:35pm On Dec 11, 2016
izzy4shizzy:
B

Horse was the bently, but he rode a mule..a mule is like the slowest animal of that time, like a beetle of today

No bro! Horse was a Ferrari. Fast and elegant. But he choose a limo. Slow and beautiful to show his swag and flamboyancy. Don't forget it was custom made - no one has ever climbed it.
Re: An Open Drain, A Street Hawker, A Pastor (Pictured) by Nobody: 7:41pm On Dec 11, 2016
When pastors could not feed, the world coined an idiom, "as poor as a church rat". Now they are feeding fine the word have lost their sense of idiomatic expression to crying foul.

The question is, what has really changed between the poor pastors of yesterday and the rich pastor of today?

Note:
The poor pastors of yesterday
1. Preached and took tithe too
2. Preached and took offering too
3. Preached and took gift too

They both did the same thing but saw different result.

I will tell you

Knowledge is the differentiating factor.
Re: An Open Drain, A Street Hawker, A Pastor (Pictured) by 4nobody4every1: 7:43pm On Dec 11, 2016
VickyRotex:

grin
Your profile message got me laughing, Lol @ you preferred CEO position, Una go kill person with laugh for Nairaland, for me, l prefer all styles & position, inclusive of CEO tongue
Re: An Open Drain, A Street Hawker, A Pastor (Pictured) by semmykiki: 8:41pm On Dec 11, 2016
izzy4shizzy:
I was of the opinion that such lavishness from pastors goes against what christianity stands for, I believed that the money could be of greater use but then after thinking a lot I realised that probably the percentage of what dey give out to the less priviledge might be more than the percentage most of us that critisize them give, for example
A pastor earns 10 million annually and gives out 4 million out to charity, where as someone that earns 500k annualy might give out less than 100k,

But still, I think pastors should emulate Christ more, the only tin I remember he rode in the bible was a mule not a bently but what do I know

Modified

For those of you quoting me and saying 10million is too much for a pastor to earn, I have 2 tins to say to u
1. That amount is an illustration, all I was talking about is the percentage of giving compared to that of earning
2. Some pastors earn more than that

Nb. Most of us judging this pastors would do the same thing if not worse if in the same situation

If I may ask what was the price of the mule then? Maybe if Jesus had come to Nigeria and say go to seun's house and untie his mule and tell him 'oluwa ni fi se',I'm sure jungle justice will be our next line of action. Here is the analysis, he was so much a honourable man that untie anyone's mule then was a great privilege for the owner. We are talking of a man so rich that He ( Jesus) employ the service of an accountant who kept draining the purse without any fuse or challenge from anyone.
We are talking of a man on whose robe lot was cast, a man who owns the universe. We are talking of a man who can make individual store up gold like the a and of the sea. He man so great that no economist can analyse Him.
Now to all who confuse Christianity with poverty and pain, let me remind you whatever Buhari possess as a president is automatic what the son possesses, Bill gate's daughter can't be seen drinking garri without the world showing great concern and sending insultive message to her father. Any christian who those not radiate the glory of his father in wealth and affluence is nothing but a B***tard. Let all who says they are doing nothing tell me the last time they fed a dying cat from their purse, how many here can point to just one person, either living or dead that survive on them. What a shame. Buhari came out after all promise to say I promise you change but it begins with you. We all know the bible so saving a soul is not only for pastors it begins with U U U U U and U.
Don't follow the trend o, God has so many resources that He keeps looking for people to spend. Many biblical billionaire,including everyone that follows Him, will emerge and that soonest.

1 Like

Re: An Open Drain, A Street Hawker, A Pastor (Pictured) by Bobbyrobby1(m): 11:01pm On Dec 11, 2016
me I don't understand Nigerian ooo so a pastor can not drive a gud car becos say poor people dey.but some people commenting here drive gud cars and r very stingy.abeg free all the pastors all u hypocrite
Re: An Open Drain, A Street Hawker, A Pastor (Pictured) by MariamAlheri: 11:07pm On Dec 11, 2016
davide470:
I happened to know the Pastor in the picture. Tom Samson.

In as much as the Man like displaying his "wealth" at any given opportunity, he has also been a source of blessing to some people.

He has schools, a college of education (where he gives scholarship freely), provided housing and a source of income to many. He came from a very humbled background though, and never fails to share it whenever you come in contact with him.

The Rolls Royce is just too much sha, in my own opinion but if you are angry, vex and buy your own

Oga thank you but his church doesn't have a name?
Re: An Open Drain, A Street Hawker, A Pastor (Pictured) by VickyRotex(f): 11:11pm On Dec 11, 2016
4nobody4every1:
Your profile message got me laughing, Lol @ you preferred CEO position, Una go kill person with laugh for Nairaland, for me, l prefer all styles & position, inclusive of CEO tongue

Hahahahaha. lol.

It's not what you're thinking o. shocked
Re: An Open Drain, A Street Hawker, A Pastor (Pictured) by gemale(m): 11:19pm On Dec 11, 2016
soulpeppersoup:

U r wrong. In his day, he rode on a donkey (which he even borrowed) nt a prize stallion or an elephant or a chariot or any exotic mode of transportation. He rode only 1ce on a borrowed donkey in2 Jerusalem on d day dts celebrated as palm Sunday. Dt is who he was on earth. D simplest of persons. So IfJesus was here 2day,he wldnt ride in luxury cars, hv a private jet or engage in open flamboyance. He wld be moved wt compassion @ d sight of so many in penury & lack.
Re: An Open Drain, A Street Hawker, A Pastor (Pictured) by gemale(m): 11:29pm On Dec 11, 2016
Bobbyrobby1:
me I don't understand Nigerian ooo so a pastor can not drive a gud car becos say poor people dey.but some people commenting here drive gud cars and r very stingy.abeg free all the pastors all u hypocrite
So a Honda, Toyota, Kia or even Mercedes Benz or range Rover is nt' good' enough 4 him abi? U hv d heart 2 drive a car dt is worth over 50 million naira & yet u dnt pay tax? It shows d deficiency of altruism & empathy. Such extravagant lyf styles in a country as poor as Nigeria is insensitive.
Re: An Open Drain, A Street Hawker, A Pastor (Pictured) by davide470(m): 12:08am On Dec 12, 2016
cramjones:

This is the most stupid statement I have read in a long time. A pastor gets the finances of his members, build a school with it and resell it back to them for his profit, the gives a little bit of the money back to the brainwashed members, drives luxury cars and all of a sudden he is the best? Nigeria is certainly a failed nation no doubt in my mind anymore!

-CramJones
Read this

Also, your head is not correct grin
Re: An Open Drain, A Street Hawker, A Pastor (Pictured) by gemale(m): 12:17am On Dec 12, 2016
semmykiki:

If I may ask what was the price of the mule then? Maybe if Jesus had come to Nigeria and say go to seun's house and untie his mule and tell him 'oluwa ni fi se',I'm sure jungle justice will be our next line of action. Here is the analysis, he was so much a honourable man that untie anyone's mule then was a great privilege for the owner. We are talking of a man so rich that He ( Jesus) employ the service of an accountant who kept draining the purse without any fuse or challenge from anyone.
We are talking of a man on whose robe lot was cast, a man who owns the universe. We are talking of a man who can make individual store up gold like the a and of the sea. He man so great that no economist can analyse Him.
Now to all who confuse Christianity with poverty and pain, let me remind you whatever Buhari possess as a president is automatic what the son possesses, Bill gate's daughter can't be seen drinking garri without the world showing great concern and sending insultive message to her father. Any christian who those not radiate the glory of his father in wealth and affluence is nothing but a B***tard. Let all who says they are doing nothing tell me the last time they fed a dying cat from their purse, how many here can point to just one person, either living or dead that survive on them. What a shame. Buhari came out after all promise to say I promise you change but it begins with you. We all know the bible so saving a soul is not only for pastors it begins with U U U U U and U.
Don't follow the trend o, God has so many resources that He keeps looking for people to spend. Many biblical billionaire,including everyone that follows Him, will emerge and that soonest.
A man 1ce wntd 2 follow Jesus & Jesus told him "foxes hv holes & d birds of D air hv nest bt d son of man has nowhere 2 hide his head". Dt was Jesus 4 u. He had d power & capacity 2 lay up stores of wealth 4 himself bt he didn't. Instead of mounting d choicest beasts of burden, he mostly trekked. Can u rmbr when He was asked 2 pay tax @ d temple? He had 2 tell his disciples 2 go & catch a fish & then dey wld c d money needed in d fish's mouth. When Jesus sent d disciples on ministration, wt did he tell dem? "take no purse". We didn't hear dt Jesus was buying houses & living in d lap of luxury. No rather he lived a lyf of humility, self abasement & sacrifice. D 'accountant' u r tlkn abt was Judas Iscariot, who as d bible put it "held d common purse" nt just Jesus' money, all their money. D reason y he wasn't challenged was probably because Jesus didn't wnt money issues 2 distract him 4rm his mission on earth. I'm sure it was d honour & simplicity of Jesus coupled wt his penchant 4 doing good dt made d owner of dt unridden donkey lend it 2 him because dey were sure he wld return it back or maybe even transform it in2 somtn bigger (as he did wt d 5 loaves & 2 fish). Dnt get me wrong I'm nt saying MOGs must be poor or wear rags; I'm saying dt d display of opulence smacks of avarice & insensitivity. Also ur referral 2 poor xtians wt dt offensive word shows hw materialistic & misguided u r. Even Jesus said "u wld always hv d poor among u". Can u rmbr d parable of D sheep & goats? Wt did he call all those pple (d poor, hungry, sick, imprisoned, naked etc)? He called dem "the least of my brethren" & u know dt in d Kingdom of God, D least is often d greatest. D only guarantee being a Christian gvs u is salvation of ur soul. All oda things lyk long lyf, wealth, security etc r nt guaranteed. Jesus promises us rest 4 our souls & peace dt transcends d understanding of ds world nt flashy cars & stacks of cash. If God chooses 2 bless 1 wt all those, gud, if nt, nt bad. 1 shld just work hard & honestly, leaving d rest 2 God almighty, whose blessings maketh rich & addeth no sorrows. If we r 2 follow ur line of thought, hw do we explain d trials of pple lyk job in d bible? Being a true disciple of Jesus entails self denial & mortification. Even d bill Gates & mark Zuckerbergs of ds world despite their huge wealth live simpler & less flashier lives dan a lot of MOGs.
Re: An Open Drain, A Street Hawker, A Pastor (Pictured) by Onliie(m): 3:43am On Dec 12, 2016
The poor, you will always have among you.
Re: An Open Drain, A Street Hawker, A Pastor (Pictured) by 4nobody4every1: 6:53am On Dec 12, 2016
VickyRotex:

Hahahahaha. lol.

It's not what you're thinking o. shocked
Hahahaha, l understand the sarcasm behind the message, kidding with you, l am innocent jare tongue
Re: An Open Drain, A Street Hawker, A Pastor (Pictured) by ikmoss(m): 7:35am On Dec 12, 2016
kennygee:
If pastors decide to help everyone on thw street, won't we question where they are getting the funds to do that?

...lame
Re: An Open Drain, A Street Hawker, A Pastor (Pictured) by Nobody: 9:16am On Dec 12, 2016
gemale:

U r wrong. In his day, he rode on a donkey (which he even borrowed) nt a prize stallion or an elephant or a chariot or any exotic mode of transportation. He rode only 1ce on a borrowed donkey in2 Jerusalem on d day dts celebrated as palm Sunday. Dt is who he was on earth. D simplest of persons. So IfJesus was here 2day,he wldnt ride in luxury cars, hv a private jet or engage in open flamboyance. He wld be moved wt compassion @ d sight of so many in penury & lack.

Bros he rode a cot. Not a full grown donkey. He didn't borrow it. He asked and it was given to him for free with consideration of his status.

All the animal you mentioned would not give him the swag and flamboyancy that will give the crowd time and space to throw their clothes and palms on the ground.

It is termed, "triumphant entry". A classy show of victory, opulence, wealth etc.

If Jesus was on earth he will have a private jet. How did I know? His lifestyle show opulence and wealth. He once entered a boat where he had a bed to lie to sleep on. How many bed can afford a bed now with all the development that has greeted the marine industry. But he choose that. That was a classy boat.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Sex In The Church / Woman Vomits Python Snake During Spiritual Deliverance In Church In Taraba / Coronavirus: Apostle Kofi Nkrumah Sarkodie Arrested For Holding Church Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.