Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,354 members, 7,829,897 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:19 PM

An Open Drain, A Street Hawker, A Pastor (Pictured) - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / An Open Drain, A Street Hawker, A Pastor (Pictured) (55615 Views)

Pastor Pictured Shooting His Enemies With Gun In Church(photos,video) / Woman Drinks Concoction From A Pastor And Dies, Buried Amidst Tears (Pics) / Skeleton Found In A Pastor's House In Ogun (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Open Drain, A Street Hawker, A Pastor (Pictured) by mablie(m): 10:44am On Dec 11, 2016
Oche211:

This is the worst comment i've read in a long time.
It reminds me one of the "7 deadly sins by Mahatma Gandhi"
PLEASURE WITHOUT CONSCIENCE
He was being sarcastic with his comment.I think he maybe atheist or agnostic

1 Like

Re: An Open Drain, A Street Hawker, A Pastor (Pictured) by crusufixo(m): 10:46am On Dec 11, 2016
izzy4shizzy:
I was of the opinion that such lavishness from pastors goes against what christianity stands for, I believed that the money could be of greater use but then after thinking a lot I realised that probably the percentage of what dey give out to the less priviledge might be more than the percentage most of us that critisize them give, for example
A pastor earns 10 million annually and gives out 4 million out to charity, where as someone that earns 500k annualy might give out less than 100k,

But still, I think pastors should emulate Christ more, the only tin I remember he rode in the bible was a mule not a bently but what do I know

But looking closely at the picture, I fail to see what points out the car to be a pastors own, all I see is a man with a shiny head wearing a gold cross chain

My brother, I totally disagree with the statement ( in bold ) in your post. Do not forget that the someone earning 500k has lots and lots of responsibility. Whereas, in the case of the pastors, all his needs are being taken care of by the church. In my opinion, pastors are not supposed to live a lavished life, they should just be comfortable and give the excesses to those really in need......
Re: An Open Drain, A Street Hawker, A Pastor (Pictured) by paradigmshift(m): 10:46am On Dec 11, 2016
very useless post. there are poor people in America . so the pastor or whosoever should adopt the hawker abi? if you like adopt or give 10mil$ to all beggars ,there will still be beggar,hawker n what have you. they make the city complete...
Re: An Open Drain, A Street Hawker, A Pastor (Pictured) by AlanSugar(m): 10:48am On Dec 11, 2016
izzy4shizzy:
I was of the opinion that such lavishness from pastors goes against what christianity stands for, I believed that the money could be of greater use but then after thinking a lot I realised that probably the percentage of what dey give out to the less priviledge might be more than the percentage most of us that critisize them give, for example
A pastor earns 10 million annually and gives out 4 million out to charity, where as someone that earns 500k annualy might give out less than 100k,

But still, I think pastors should emulate Christ more, the only tin I remember he rode in the bible was a mule not a bently but what do I know

But looking closely at the picture, I fail to see what points out the car to be a pastors own, all I see is a man with a shiny head wearing a gold cross chain

I hope you've taken your drugs this morning? Lolz! A pastor earns 10 million and gives out 4 million, from where did he make his 10 million? Who gave him the money, government establishment, na him salary nii? If a pastor collects 10 million from people, he should give out 20 million knowing fully well that what is coming next is 40million if the words of the Holly book are to be taken seriously. The work of a pastor is actually to collect monies from the rich, the middle, and the average class and handover to the poor to balance the economy (that there may be food in my house) as ordained by God but most pastors especially the Nigerian ones, collect these monies and drink them up. Everything begins and ends with their selfishness and gluttony. Need I say the house of God has become the house of man?!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: An Open Drain, A Street Hawker, A Pastor (Pictured) by Henrypraise: 10:48am On Dec 11, 2016
princetom1:

In another words, u see nothing wrong in a pastor living extravagantly?

dat is ur statement not mine...
Re: An Open Drain, A Street Hawker, A Pastor (Pictured) by mack111(m): 10:53am On Dec 11, 2016
What happened to vanity upon vanity is vanity. Mtcheeew. If we all liberate ourselves from this obvious religious bondage, pastors will all go hungry & learn to start a decent job.

1 Like

Re: An Open Drain, A Street Hawker, A Pastor (Pictured) by izzy4shizzy(m): 10:59am On Dec 11, 2016
AlanSugar:

I hope you've taken your drugs this morning? Lolz! A pastor earns 10 million and gives out 4 million, from where did he make his 10 million? Who gave him the money, government establishment, na him salary nii? If a pastor collects 10 million from people, he should give out 20 million knowing fully well that what is coming next is 40million if the words of the Holly book are to be taken seriously. The work of a pastor is actually to collect monies from the rich, the middle, and the average class and handover to the poor to balance the economy (that there may be food in my house) as ordained by God but most pastors especially the Nigerian ones, collect these monies and drink them up. Everything begins and ends with their selfishness and gluttony. Need I say the house of God has become the house of man?!

Sir, no insult was needed here nau

Pastors make a lot of money believe it or not, not only tithes and offerings are the churxhes source of income, you made point here but u spoilt everything by not undastanding my post....what am saying is dont judge non of us really know how these men work, all is just sentiments
Re: An Open Drain, A Street Hawker, A Pastor (Pictured) by blackprowler: 11:00am On Dec 11, 2016
Anyone in the advanced world who is puzzled why Africans are so backward and a basket case no matter how much you give them in aid should just come on nairaland to quietly listen to how their educated people think. If they were to borrow a black skin and come over here and walk the streets and observe the real sampling of ordinary Nigerians, that will be an overkill. THE PROBLEM WITH NIGERIA IS THE NIGERIAN PEOPLE THEMSELVES. They've dedicated their lives resolutely to eternal backwardness

3 Likes

Re: An Open Drain, A Street Hawker, A Pastor (Pictured) by AlanSugar(m): 11:09am On Dec 11, 2016
izzy4shizzy:

Sir, no insult was needed here nau

Pastors make a lot of money believe it or not, not only tithes and offerings are the churxhes source of income, you made point here but u spoilt everything by not undastanding my post....what am saying is dont judge non of us really know how these men work, all is just sentiments

No insult whatsoever! Taking your drugs there was pun highly intended or did you miss the 'lolz'?
Re: An Open Drain, A Street Hawker, A Pastor (Pictured) by princetom1(m): 11:13am On Dec 11, 2016
kennygee:

It is true that Jesus had no material possession, but I know God as Jehovah Jireh, He said He will supply all our Need according to His riches in glory, He said we should seek first His kingdom and His righteousness and all these things we crave will be added unto us. Christians are not destined to be paupers. Still, God expects us to bless people with the blessings He has bestowed upon us.

And full time pastors are paid, how else do u expect they feed their families, some pastors want as little as 60,000 a month, especially in RCCG, many of the suits and cars u see them driving are gifts, my pastor sowed the only car he had as a seed to complete the building of the church, today he drives an SUV he didn't buy with his money, it was a gift.

Please, dont misquote the bible, let me ask u in simpler language, will Jesus Christ live like these? Pastors, have private jets, he wan fly go heaven? He dressed like yahoo boys, where does he get ut from? We are not meant to be paupers, there are countless who have money more than these pastors and they live normal lives. These pastors live extravagantly. Fake is fake, dont dilute the truth, lets stop supporting these craziness they called pastorship, in Jesus words, "by their deeds, u will know them" . And let me address, some of ur points, , ,
1) paid full time pastors: ok, they need feed themselves and family, if am a paid full time pastor, if u dash me a normal suv that will be useful, i will accept it, after i know ur source, if u dash me jet, Bugatti, keep it, i don't need it, go sell and give charity.
2) What happed to money left after all church expenses had been taken care of? Some heads of churches, 99% of them, the money goes into their personal account, y? Isn't it church money again?
3) When pastor sold his car, his aim should be, to grow, plans seeds of truth in peoples heart, not to reap gain. If he does it today to have a better life 2moro (95% of them does it) , he already received his reward, so let him forget reward promised by God, its just a simple business man

4) Wen God promised ti supply all our needs, its d basic things in life, he said, needs, not want, and needs are, where to sleep(home), what to eat(food) and what to wear(clothes) .
Roll royce isn't among, neither is extravagances

1 Like 1 Share

Re: An Open Drain, A Street Hawker, A Pastor (Pictured) by wadetaw202: 11:19am On Dec 11, 2016
kennygee:
If pastors decide to help everyone on thw street, won't we question where they are getting the funds to do that?

Meaningless comment.

But if they use the money to buy car, people will not ask them where they got the money, abi? This your comment is sooo dumb.

1 Like

Re: An Open Drain, A Street Hawker, A Pastor (Pictured) by Nobody: 11:35am On Dec 11, 2016
genpriest:
So Pastors should not live good and drive good cars just 'cus they are pastors, buh politicians can do whatever buy abd drive whatever they like and nothing will happen. If a man wore tattered cloths and come preach to you about how great God is, would you believe him. The person wen dey talk, does he trek and how many pple has he helped?

You people should live your lives and stop bothering over how someone chooses to live his

Tell your pastors this line
Re: An Open Drain, A Street Hawker, A Pastor (Pictured) by saajus: 11:37am On Dec 11, 2016
If you can't give when you earn 500k, you can't give when you earn 500m. I don't support these Pastors but most of us are not giving back too...Some of us ignore that beggar who needs just 100 naira to get breakfast. Some of us cannot give street hawkers tip. Some of us can spend fortune at Shoprite and become a wonderful negotiator whenever we want to buy roasted corn from that woman on the street struggling to make ends meet..

No matter what you earn, you are better than someone. You can still give back in your little way.

crusufixo:

My brother, I totally disagree with the statement ( in bold ) in your post. Do not forget that the someone earning 500k has lots and lots of responsibility. Whereas, in the case of the pastors, all his needs are being taken care of by the church. In my opinion, pastors are not supposed to live a lavished life, they should just be comfortable and give the excesses to those really in need......

1 Like

Re: An Open Drain, A Street Hawker, A Pastor (Pictured) by izzy4shizzy(m): 11:52am On Dec 11, 2016
[quote author=OROSUNBOLB post=51824173][/quote]

Thank you, am guilty as charged, sometimes I get carried away and forget to punctuate accordingly...but i'll start correcting myself henceforth
Re: An Open Drain, A Street Hawker, A Pastor (Pictured) by back2sender: 11:54am On Dec 11, 2016
davide470:
I happened to know the Pastor in the picture. Tom Samson.

In as much as the Man like displaying his "wealth" at any given opportunity, he has also been a source of blessing to some people.

He has schools, a college of education (where he gives scholarship freely), provided housing and a source of income to many. He came from a very humbled background though, and never fails to share it whenever you come in contact with him.

The Rolls Royce is just too much sha, in my own opinion but if you are angry, vex and buy your own
Which bizness did he do to amass such wealth?
You dont know him! Church is business, simple! He started his church and i know this back then so where did the money come from? Tithes, offering, seeds etc from members and people and this same member cannot exhibit this same kind of wealth.
Re: An Open Drain, A Street Hawker, A Pastor (Pictured) by Nobody: 11:54am On Dec 11, 2016
Nigerians are hypocritical morons. When a normal guy regardless of what he does lives this kinda life, they scream VANITY UPON VANITY . But when it's a pastor then parade changes to PASTORS ARE MEANT TO LIVE VERY WELL

2 Likes

Re: An Open Drain, A Street Hawker, A Pastor (Pictured) by izzy4shizzy(m): 11:55am On Dec 11, 2016
wydmag:

You just killed it! I can get a Better review than yours. I respect your open mindedness. You are a good analysts.

Thanks
Re: An Open Drain, A Street Hawker, A Pastor (Pictured) by AnanseK(m): 12:24pm On Dec 11, 2016
The fastest growing business is church. Nothing to do with God. Pastors are so much in a hurry , and without good professional inputs they go ahead and build huge structures that collapse and kill innocent lives.

2 Likes

Re: An Open Drain, A Street Hawker, A Pastor (Pictured) by Nobody: 12:33pm On Dec 11, 2016
XXLDICK:
Nigerians are too gullible.... Those comments speak a lot.

And religiously daft...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: An Open Drain, A Street Hawker, A Pastor (Pictured) by 4nobody4every1: 12:37pm On Dec 11, 2016
VickyRotex:
Still looking for the "Alot of Nigerians" that reacted
tongue
Re: An Open Drain, A Street Hawker, A Pastor (Pictured) by VictorRomanov: 12:41pm On Dec 11, 2016
izzy4shizzy:

Modified

For those of you quoting me and saying 10million is too much for a pastor to earn, I have 2 tins to say to u
1. That amount is an illustration, all I was talking about is the percentage of giving compared to that of earning
2. Some pastors earn more than that

Nb. Most of us judging this pastors would do the same thing if not worse if in the same situation

Was the pastor being judged?? The picture is an illustration of the current social structure in Nigeria. We re too blinded by negativity and sentiments to see beyond the surface.

Now remove the word 'pastor' and replace it with 'politician' and see how the reaction would change.

2 Likes

Re: An Open Drain, A Street Hawker, A Pastor (Pictured) by rubyradiance(f): 1:06pm On Dec 11, 2016
izzy4shizzy:

Modified

For those of you quoting me and saying 10million is too much for a pastor to earn, I have 2 tins to say to u
1. That amount is an illustration, all I was talking about is the percentage of giving compared to that of earning
2. Some pastors earn more than that

Nb. Most of us judging this pastors would do the same thing if not worse if in the same situation

My dear,try to avoid online issues dat involves men of God cos its obvious you are more in tunes wit things of d spirit,pastors will face their judgement cos d bible says judgement starts from d altar, and we also will face God for every slanderous comment we make about them," touch not my anointed and do my prophet no harm"
Re: An Open Drain, A Street Hawker, A Pastor (Pictured) by Nobody: 1:22pm On Dec 11, 2016
why do a pastor need a rolls royce on earth, i thought pastors rewards are supposed to be in heaven, is that not what they preach? it appears that every one elses reward is in heaven except the so called pastor, who is the fool here? one wonders

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Open Drain, A Street Hawker, A Pastor (Pictured) by Lillpo(m): 1:26pm On Dec 11, 2016
nwakibie3:

dont mind those fools. ask all of them that are talking against pastors how many ppl they hv helped this year.
i tire oo undecided
Re: An Open Drain, A Street Hawker, A Pastor (Pictured) by Nobody: 1:30pm On Dec 11, 2016
rubyradiance:

My dear,try to avoid online issues dat involves men of God cos its obvious you are more in tunes wit things of dr spirit,pastors will face their judgement cos d bible says judgement starts from d altar, and we also will face God for every slanderous comment we make about them," touch not my anointed and do my prophet no harm"
another cretin! touch not whos anointing? did god tell you he anointed these pastors? these so called pastors claim anointed they are all self anointed even you can claim to be anointed by God, how can we verify their Authenticity?

this is why these crooked pastors are getting away with murder and crimes because ignorant cretinous people like you are afraid of questioning them.
why does a pastor need a rolls royce anyway? i thought their rewards are in the so called heaven, it doesn't appear so does it?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Open Drain, A Street Hawker, A Pastor (Pictured) by Bibitayo2: 1:32pm On Dec 11, 2016
we are all guilty of this.... the gravity is just on different level .

Everyone is implying that the man should have used the money to help the less privileged ,which is right .But we also do the same on a much more lower level.... instead of using that 30k to buy Christmas clothes/ human hair/drinks , why don't we donate it to an orphanage to play the good Samaritan.

we are all guilty of this, even the man that started it.
Re: An Open Drain, A Street Hawker, A Pastor (Pictured) by Frankaka8(m): 1:33pm On Dec 11, 2016
afroditte:
Hmmm.... we should look around our neighbourhood. There's so much we can do for children and youths instead of buying huge cars that will not drive us to heaven.
you speak with wisdom. Wish to hav a woman as yu.
Re: An Open Drain, A Street Hawker, A Pastor (Pictured) by Frankaka8(m): 1:36pm On Dec 11, 2016
kennygee:
If pastors decide to help everyone on thw street, won't we question where they are getting the funds to do that?

of course not, even if He stole it, he is giving it back with aids and grants. Will he take the Roys Rolce with him to the grave?
Re: An Open Drain, A Street Hawker, A Pastor (Pictured) by rubyradiance(f): 1:40pm On Dec 11, 2016
gypsey:
another cretin! touch not whos anointing? did god tell you he anointed these pastors? these so called pastors claim anointed they are all self anointed even you can claim to be anointed by God, how can we prove it.

this is why these crooked pastors are getting away with murder and crimes because ignorant cretinous people like you are afraid of questioning them.
why does a pastor need a rolls royce anyway? i thought their rewards are in the so called heaven, it doesn't appear so does it?

I can't bring myself to join issues with you,you are talking according to your understanding same as I,you were not there to ascertain if God truely called them or not. But one thing is sure some pastors gets a lot of gifts in cash and kinds
Re: An Open Drain, A Street Hawker, A Pastor (Pictured) by Culin(f): 1:45pm On Dec 11, 2016
That is why they don't want you to do MMM. so you can never rub shoulders with them.
Re: An Open Drain, A Street Hawker, A Pastor (Pictured) by pressplay411(m): 1:48pm On Dec 11, 2016
wiloy2k8:
Reactions
The extent Christians go to defend their pastors is incredible.

1 Like

Re: An Open Drain, A Street Hawker, A Pastor (Pictured) by ShineuEye: 2:14pm On Dec 11, 2016
Nigeria is a failed country.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Sex In The Church / Woman Vomits Python Snake During Spiritual Deliverance In Church In Taraba / Coronavirus: Apostle Kofi Nkrumah Sarkodie Arrested For Holding Church Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.