Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,199 members, 7,829,288 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:16 AM

Three Sacred Things We Christians Abuse. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Three Sacred Things We Christians Abuse. (24368 Views)

Why Do We Christians Utter The Name Jesus? / Did The Bible Encourage We Christians To Use Stickers With Our Pastor's Face. / I Don't Think We Christians Really Study Our Bibles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Three Sacred Things We Christians Abuse. by psychologist(m): 10:47am On Dec 11, 2016
chuose2:
NO BE ABUSE ADEBOYE DEY ABUSE TITHING, WHEN EIN SAY TITHE IN DOLLAR$?. angry

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4397713_image3_png5fb6b9fb09f1795dc718ea6dcb234c98

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4397714_image1_png8d1e713769d527db2e65870145893168

All what the op stated out here are actually true

But the problem of some Christians is that we read our Bible out of context
So sire read that Luke 6: 38 in context u will see how that it's not talking about offering but judging
But sad enough many churches read this verse to their members in reference to giving
............... Please visit www.livingwordmedia.org and find a material on titles and offering
Re: Three Sacred Things We Christians Abuse. by nkpommpko(m): 10:51am On Dec 11, 2016
boman2014:

@OP, How is it possble ?? When yor Bible says

“Eat the tithe of your grain, new wine and olive oil, and the firstborn of your herds and flocks in the presence of the LORD your God at the place he will choose as a dwelling for his Name, so that you may learn to revere the LORD your God always.” even some Christians no believe that them dey chop the olive oil sef.

The Bible says EAT your tithe?

“Then exchange your tithe for silver, and take the silver with you and go to the place the LORD your God will
choose.”
Re: Three Sacred Things We Christians Abuse. by poh10(m): 11:06am On Dec 11, 2016
The blood of christ is not only for protection...blood of christ is use to break evil covenant,to wash us clean of our unrighteousness.etc.

And for the tithe...in the act of apostle(the new church) they never said anything about tithe..they had all things in common..act2vs44-47

Christ jesus as a whole body as many function but we Christian re not really taking authority..may christ find us blameless in is coming..praise GOD
Re: Three Sacred Things We Christians Abuse. by Gbemiie: 11:09am On Dec 11, 2016
Hmmm
Re: Three Sacred Things We Christians Abuse. by zionmade(m): 11:13am On Dec 11, 2016
Tithing does not guarantee you a place in heaven. Not Tithing does not guarantee u a place in hell. Please wat ever u drop at the alter of God you gave it to God and not to any human. Read the bible well anything given at the alter was always said to have been given to God.
Watever d pastor does with it is not ur business. Stop saying u gave ur offering and tithe to ur pastor it is left for God to judge his servant if he doesn't properly use the offering and tithes given to him(God). Jesus said who are u to judge another man's servant

If u dont stand strong in faith nairaland will make believe that there is no genuine pastor called by God and these are mostly done Christians. Paul said if eating meat will make ur neighbor fall dnt eat meat all lest ur neighbor fall because of u. If criticizing a pastor will make someone lose faith in God then i wont criti ize dem.

Stop calling men of God (whether good or fake) pastorpreneurs if u are a Christian (let atheist and Muslims go ahead). Its God dat called dem. Its also God dat really knows the good and d fake. Imagine u one day call a Man of God really annointed and consencrated by God a pastorpreneur or fake. Den u re calling down d wrath of God because how can God invest his anointing on someone and u call d person fake.

If u dnt like his teachings and ways of life stay away from him and leave d God he claimed dat called him do d judgment. Its not all men Of God dat i like their modus operandi but i will choose not to say anything bad about him. Speaking against d annointing can be fatal. Ask moses' sister

1 Like

Re: Three Sacred Things We Christians Abuse. by Nobody: 11:15am On Dec 11, 2016
Abegi! Make I hear word undecided tongue
Re: Three Sacred Things We Christians Abuse. by zionmade(m): 11:20am On Dec 11, 2016
U who has taken it as a responsibility to be exposing men of God at the expense of speaking against d annointing and the Holy Spirit. Wat good has it done cant u see d most criticized men of God in Nigeria are still d most successful ones. I remember 2001 wen Pst Chris came to aba. Many people went there because they want see how he performed fake miracles of course it was someone that told dem pst Chris performed fake miracles. Some of dem up till dis day has not left dat church. So u do good to dem by saying all d bad things u say about dem at ur own risk
Re: Three Sacred Things We Christians Abuse. by trentslawson(m): 11:23am On Dec 11, 2016
creamylicious:
i need a referral email address on givers forum. net... anyone here willing to drop his or her address thanks

trentslawson@gmail.com
Re: Three Sacred Things We Christians Abuse. by poh10(m): 11:25am On Dec 11, 2016
zionmade:
Tithing does not guarantee you a place in heaven. Not Tithing does not guarantee u a place in hell. Please wat ever u drop at the alter of God you gave it to God and not to any human. Read the bible well anything given at the alter was always said to have been given to God.
Watever d pastor does with it is not ur business. Stop saying u gave ur offering and tithe to ur pastor it is left for God to judge his servant if he doesn't properly use the offering and tithes given to him(God). Jesus said who are u to judge another man's servant

If u dont stand strong in faith nairaland will make believe that there is no genuine pastor called by God and these are mostly done Christians. Paul said if eating meat will make ur neighbor fall dnt eat meat all lest ur neighbor fall because of u. If criticizing a pastor will make someone lose faith in God then i wont criti ize dem.

Stop calling men of God (whether good or fake) pastorpreneurs if u are a Christian (let atheist and Muslims go ahead). Its God dat called dem. Its also God dat really knows the good and d fake. Imagine u one day call a Man of God really annointed and consencrated by God a pastorpreneur or fake. Den u re calling down d wrath of God because how can God invest his anointing on someone and u call d person fake.

If u dnt like his teachings and ways of life stay away from him and leave d God he claimed dat called him do d judgment. Its not all men Of God dat i like their modus operandi but i will choose not to say anything bad about him. Speaking against d annointing can be fatal. Ask moses' sister

My brother is not our brothers fault.. our Christian leader re nt showing us good example especially. Here in nigeria..at least I can see the way some genuine pastor re doing.....do you want me to follow a lifestyle that is not of christ..anyway no one is perfect..christ we make us perfect in jesus name
Re: Three Sacred Things We Christians Abuse. by zionmade(m): 11:28am On Dec 11, 2016
poh10:

My brother is not our brothers fault.. our Christian leader re nt showing us good example especially. Here in nigeria..at least I can see the way some genuine pastor re doing.....do you want me to follow a lifestyle that is not of christ..anyway no one is perfect..christ we make us perfect in jesus name

Dats wat i said if u think the pastor is not following the ways of Christ u have no business following him. But pls instead of doing d judgment by calling him all sorts of name leave it for God. Follow those who follow Christ that was what paul said
Re: Three Sacred Things We Christians Abuse. by Nobody: 11:31am On Dec 11, 2016
It is highly unfortunate that my people perished cos of lack of knowledge. The church of today gives tithe and offering according to law as it is writing.
Stop mocking and step up. Many are doing what you come against and they see result. Read your bible very well and know that Tithing, Worship offering, Sacrifice and Giving to the poor and needy pays. All these aforementioned are different things entirely. One does not affect others. May you know the truth today and God set you free of frustration. Thanks
Re: Three Sacred Things We Christians Abuse. by creamylicious(f): 11:37am On Dec 11, 2016
trentslawson:

trentslawson@gmail.com
thanks dearie..... registrations complete
Re: Three Sacred Things We Christians Abuse. by Originalsly: 11:44am On Dec 11, 2016
Okies27:
. It baffles how people like you with little or no knowledge of biblical mystery write about God's word. The good thing is, you can ask the Holy Spirit to teach you cos from your write I can tell it's either you are one off Christian or lack proper understanding. When Christ, he didn't abolish tithing but said it shd be done properly without neglecting other weightier issue. Because the pharisees were hypocritical. Christ came to fulfill the law.
As for calling the name of Jesus , you need to be properly taught. As long as it's called vainly, u can call as million time. It's a name given above all name that all principalities bow to. When it comes to worldly things like clubbing all night n singing songs, u don't get tired but when it's church things, you create "barriers" in ur mind by saying the extent certain Christian mysteries must be done.
The blood of Jesus is a mystery true believers understand. Some believers won't even take communion, which is the blood of Jesus. Jesus said as often as you take it... Requires a clean mind, u just ask for mercy genuinely and u take it. Some churches will say only full members or communicants shd take it, that isn't Christ teaching. My brother, you can plead the blood of Jesus a zillion time as long as you are praying. I urge to go to a church that teaches the word so you can be enlightened by God's word. Don't sit in your home and act like you know the Bible.
Hmmmm.... so you are one that be shouting His name in vain. All this you wrote shows you either don't read the Bible.... or read and lack understanding. Seek help... don't sit in your home and act like you know the Bible.
Re: Three Sacred Things We Christians Abuse. by ogbonti: 12:00pm On Dec 11, 2016
for $1 Billion, I wont take the role most Nollywood actors or actressses take so easily for less than N20,000. That is the role of falsely speaking in tongues which is a sin against the Holy Spirit, and that cannot be forgiven. too bad!
Re: Three Sacred Things We Christians Abuse. by RoyalGoat: 12:07pm On Dec 11, 2016
creamylicious:
i need a referral email address on givers forum. net... anyone here willing to drop his or her address thanks
Why not try DBS in addition? Check my signature.
Re: Three Sacred Things We Christians Abuse. by VajanahDischaj(f): 12:20pm On Dec 11, 2016
RoyalGoat:
As rightly called, Christians are not the only worshipper of God; the Jews are as well. And going by the channel of the revelation of God to humanity there are many things, sacred things Christians abuse in the name of faith. And though these things are not repercussive, yet, they spell our ignorance about the element of our religion, if one would be hypocritic about it, faith.

THE NAME OF JESUS: I was invited to a night vigil sometimes two years ago. Vividly I can remember the pastor honourably prophet asking us to shout the name of Jesus six hundred times. Well people shouted, I shouted then.

While this may not be the same for all churches, but I have come to notice something close in every churches: the repetition of Christ names before, during, and after prayer. This is not supposed to be so. The name Christ is meant to be reverenced. Ask in my name doesn't mean abuse my name. So far so good, miracles done in the name of Christ in the Apostles were done not shouting in Jesus name. In and fact, the first act of prayer done by the Apostle had no "in Jesus name' in it. They simply prayed, and the Spirit tendered the prayer in the name of Christ.

Every believer has what God called a seal on him, in that, when you communicate with God the seal do so in the reverenced name of Christ. Joining people to shout in Jesus name therefore may be extraneous or quite unnecessary.

THE BLOOD OF JESUS: Maybe it's ignorance I can't say or lack of foundational knowledge about what the great sacrifice is all about. The blood of Christ sanctifies. And if we are willing to go deep into deep things, it protects but not the protection we Christians assumed for it.

The blood as a means of protection, is a shield not only for humans but as well for angels to prevent them and us falling into apostasy now, and in the world to come. It is by credibility of the blood Michael will be able to defeat Lucifer in the second heavens, because by virtue of the blood, all God angels including Michael are immune to Lucifer seduction. Defeating them by the blood doesn't mean they will be shouting "I cover you in the blood of Jesus."

TITHING: It may not be that obvious, but tithing is sure a sacred thing as far as God is concerned. But well so well not what Christians understand it to be.

Tithes are meant to be paid by farmers and farmers alone in the then land of Israel. This is because the Levite had no land to cultivate, no portion was giving to them. So speaking, to do what God as always wanted for humanity, he commanded a tenth of 'farmers' produce to be given to the Levite so as to prevent lack in the land. The Levite had no land to cultivate, but our pastors to be do. They have places to work.

Payment of tithes in churches should serve a means of providing for everyone's need in the church. This, the apostles understood by distributing every thing the church had to every members. To live and survived, the apostles like every one else, worked with their very hands.

Of course there are more, but these ones concern us the most. We have the prophets, Psalms and the law, let's read them and learn the truth for ourselves instead of disgracing ourselves and God. And if we fall into the 'grace only' category, then let us study the acts of the early church and save ourselves from this modern hypocrisy.

CC: OAM4J
Sex after marriage is sacred too.
Re: Three Sacred Things We Christians Abuse. by poh10(m): 12:24pm On Dec 11, 2016
zionmade:

Dats wat i said if u think the pastor is not following the ways of Christ u have no business following him. But pls instead of doing d judgment by calling him all sorts of name leave it for God. Follow those who follow Christ that was what paul said

Yes my brother...if someone is productive in christ and doing the things stated in the bible...but you know those person doing otherwise make many brethren lost there faith...tanks
Re: Three Sacred Things We Christians Abuse. by poh10(m): 12:28pm On Dec 11, 2016
adex79:
It is highly unfortunate that my people perished cos of lack of knowledge. The church of today gives tithe and offering according to law as it is writing.
Stop mocking and step up. Many are doing what you come against and they see result. Read your bible very well and know that Tithing, Worship offering, Sacrifice and Giving to the poor and needy pays. All these aforementioned are different things entirely. One does not affect others. May you know the truth today and God set you free of frustration. Thanks

Bravo brother..you said it all...there is this verse I love that tell all about christian race and all you need to do...james1vs 27.
Re: Three Sacred Things We Christians Abuse. by zionmade(m): 12:28pm On Dec 11, 2016
poh10:

Yes my brother...if someone is productive in christ and doing the things stated in the bible...but you know those person doing otherwise make many brethren lost there faith...tanks
When u see those brethren losing their faith teach them from God's word but still dnt say bad things about d men of God. Dats why u have d bible u re also expected to know d truth for urself.
Re: Three Sacred Things We Christians Abuse. by shumuel(m): 12:29pm On Dec 11, 2016
1. If you asked in the name and you did not receive, dont abuse the name o you hear, stay there be forming posh grin

2. When you are in serious danger and you feel the need of the Lord protect, my brother if you can bath with the blood, please do, infact drink am sef, as long as it saves you. wink

3. you people would just wake up one day and be posting ridiculous idealogy upanddown, without perfect study and understanding the Bible, sigh... SMH sad

Farming and Cattle rearing was the major profession back then, the third was Soldiers, and since God gave peace to the Isrealites after their battles for the land, there was no need for soldiers, and even the men of war were also in the two other profession.

Now lets relate your idealogy to today,, likened to what your are insinuating is that if by the nearest future all the professions we have today go into extint and new ones arises or are added, so the FG won't tax them because the taxs laws didn't mention the new professions ?

Can you now see how ridiculous it sounds ?

What the FG would simply do is to relate the laws according to the new profession or change the laws approriately to fit or include those professions,, But unfortunately we can't do that to the Bible, it was already writen in the Bible that no man shall add or omit anything already writen in the Bible whosoever he/she may be, it is a law, therefor the reason why it remain as such, but to those that can easily use their common sense they know TITHE simply mean ''10% of your hard earn sweat'' caring less of the profession.

God bless us all grin Happy Sunday
Re: Three Sacred Things We Christians Abuse. by poh10(m): 12:35pm On Dec 11, 2016
zionmade:

When u see those brethren losing their faith teach them from God's word but still dnt say bad things about d men of God. Dats why u have d bible u re also expected to know d truth for urself.

I don't criticize any one in christ... And mind you we re all men of God
Re: Three Sacred Things We Christians Abuse. by zionmade(m): 12:38pm On Dec 11, 2016
poh10:

I don't criticize any one in christ... And mind you we re all men of God
Dats true we are all men of God let me use d word pastors. U are in d right track if u dnt critcize kudos. And please dnt allow anybody push u to do so. Am happy to see someone like u who doesnt
Re: Three Sacred Things We Christians Abuse. by Nobody: 12:39pm On Dec 11, 2016
I am not entirely sure about the others, but the op's opinion on tithing was very valid.

Strictly giving 10 percent of your earnings was an old testament concept, where the Israelites were by law expected to pay tithes to the Levites (Funny enough the old testament requires multiple tithes. For the Levites, the temple, and also for the poor. But stiff necked christians conveniently ignore that)

I don't know why men prefer to operate under the law, rather than grace.
The new testament asks us to give as we are able. And for the general good of the church. Not because some greedy, supposed man of "God" says you will not prosper if you don't.

These are the same category of people that will tell you any girl who uses any other thing than thread on her hair is going to hell.

Foolish people.
Re: Three Sacred Things We Christians Abuse. by femi4: 1:03pm On Dec 11, 2016
Bhuldoxxa:
It was not specified how many times we should call the name of Jesus.
Therefore, calling the name often means you are carrying Him all the way. (Beginning, middle and end)
I remember the disciples telling Jesus that some people elsewhere where performing miracles and he asked them in whose name, and they replied in your name.
What did Peter say at the beautiful gate?
Don't mind the OP

Even that blind begger kept shouting "Jesus, son of David have mercy on me" till he got his miracle

Lk 18:38-39
38He called out, “Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!”

39Those who led the way rebuked him and told him to be quiet, but he shouted all the more, “Son of David, have mercy on me

1 Like

Re: Three Sacred Things We Christians Abuse. by dhara18(m): 1:06pm On Dec 11, 2016
that is why many of us will be forever poor, when you talk blasphemy or even think about it against men of God and later you pay offering in church and you would lament that God is not blessing you in return.....a pastor would be given a bag of rice by menbers at end of the year, and he would give them like 20 for all of them....tell me who will be more blessed?...God is not stupid...for your info am nt a pastor just making my points
Re: Three Sacred Things We Christians Abuse. by Nobody: 1:18pm On Dec 11, 2016
May God forgive u all, still dont no y pple derrive pleasure finding fault in men of God, been sentiment religiously, JESUS name remain d same nd forever remain, u can call it as long as u can. pls stop confussing pple, stop mislead pple, judgement is at hand, ask what u dont no rather than saying things that ll cursed u, our God is a merciful God i pray he gives u wisdom
Re: Three Sacred Things We Christians Abuse. by xtivin(m): 1:27pm On Dec 11, 2016
Do you know why Solomon was rich and famous?.....The big secret is that he built a house for my Father.....Do you know why Top men of God are famous....Everyday they built houses for God, It's a spiritual wisdom that the gift of the holy spirit will only reveal....It's not your tithes brothers and sisters......While my master was sending out his disciples to preach, he ordered them not to take anything that by their works they shall be paid. You reading this becareful not to fall into the devices of Satan, he is a liar...Do not judge anything on earth before the time
Re: Three Sacred Things We Christians Abuse. by creamylicious(f): 1:32pm On Dec 11, 2016
RoyalGoat:
Why not try DBS in addition? Check my signature.
it won't be easy referring people ooooo
Re: Three Sacred Things We Christians Abuse. by Jidibia(m): 1:44pm On Dec 11, 2016
realmindz:

I will rather call the name of my ancestors than calling the name of a dead Jew and his father who have no single african name nor reference to Africans in their supposed book meant for the world

Matthew 15

He answered, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of Africa Israel

And here Jesus making a racial comment towards non-jews.. Dog was a racial word used by the jews

He replied, “It is not right to take the children’s bread and toss it to the dogs.
So why are you pained because others are calling the name of JESUS? Please go and face your idol worshipping and shrines. I will keep calling the name of Jesus Christ because He is my Personal Lord and Saviour.
Re: Three Sacred Things We Christians Abuse. by blackfase(m): 2:10pm On Dec 11, 2016
Religion in general is constantly becoming such a mirage. The more you try to understand it, the more confused they make you with different versions of this and that concerning its mode of operation. Wait another few weeks and some other dimensions will be released again. Me? Im done with the whole bollocks of religion, at least for the time being.....
Re: Three Sacred Things We Christians Abuse. by LazyTypist(m): 2:18pm On Dec 11, 2016
$2000 worth of Bitcoins for sale at N510. we sell from $20 and upwards...... whatsapp this No 08154989994
Re: Three Sacred Things We Christians Abuse. by Josxy(m): 2:22pm On Dec 11, 2016
my view is that we have either lost the knowledge in what we believe, or we don't believe at all. Cos I see generation calling the name of Jesus Like the prophets of Baal called Baal ....
1 Kings 18:24 And call ye on the name of your gods, and I will call on the name of the LORD: and the God that answereth by fire, let him be God. And all the people answered and said, It is well spoken. 18:25 And Elijah said unto the prophets of Baal, Choose you one bullock for yourselves, and dress it first; for ye are many; and call on the name of your gods, but put no fire under. 18:27 And it came to pass at noon, that Elijah mocked them, and said, Cry aloud: for he is a god; either he is talking, or he is pursuing, or he is in a journey, or peradventure he sleepeth, and must be awaked. 18:28 And they cried aloud, and cut themselves after their manner with knives and lancets, till the blood gushed out upon them.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pastor E.A Adeboye Plays The Piano (Video, Photo) / Bishop Wale Oke: No To Sharia Law In South West Nigeria / Nigerian Bishops: "All Church Hospitals Can Be Used For COVID-19 Patients"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.