Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,453 members, 7,819,666 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:15 PM

Did The Bible Encourage We Christians To Use Stickers With Our Pastor's Face. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did The Bible Encourage We Christians To Use Stickers With Our Pastor's Face. (579 Views)

I Didn't Ask Christians To Kill Muslims - Apostle Johnson Suleman / Three Sacred Things We Christians Abuse. / I Don't Think We Christians Really Study Our Bibles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did The Bible Encourage We Christians To Use Stickers With Our Pastor's Face. by egbusi1(m): 12:20pm On Jan 22, 2017
When i used to worship with a Pentecostal Church in my hood then as a teenager, my Pastor use to emphasize on the fact that those who pray with images other the image of Christ are idol worshipers and would go to hell fire.

He used to support his premise with bible verses like exodus 20:4 read
"thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth;".

Fast forward to these days, some Christians now put their pastors' images freely in their houses, cars, offices, etc and some even go to the extent of pray in the name of their pastor or their pastors' God, while forgetting what the bible said in ex.20:5; 1 cor.8:4; etc.

please can people in the house enlighten me on why and whether the bible support it or not.
Re: Did The Bible Encourage We Christians To Use Stickers With Our Pastor's Face. by egbusi1(m): 12:32pm On Jan 22, 2017
OAM4J, pls help me i want to get the views of nairalanders on this subject matter.
Re: Did The Bible Encourage We Christians To Use Stickers With Our Pastor's Face. by stevebravo47: 1:52pm On Jan 22, 2017
smiley smiley smiley
Re: Did The Bible Encourage We Christians To Use Stickers With Our Pastor's Face. by egbusi1(m): 7:50am On Jan 29, 2017
pls make una ansa nah.

(1) (Reply)

God Is Love / Xtianity Is No Threat; It Is Persuation To Life! / How to defeat the unseen forces holding you back.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.