Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:53 AM

Adaobi (A Story Of Love, Romance And Adventure) - Literature (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Adaobi (A Story Of Love, Romance And Adventure) (81961 Views)

The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. / My Parents Banned Me From Speaking Igbo.. I Learnt From Yorubas ---T.N. Adaobi / To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adaobi (A Story Of Love, Romance And Adventure) by Nobody: 10:26pm On Dec 21, 2016
Chai! See ending

Come now, give Janet a chance abeg

Yorhmienerd, so tell me. You call me to watch this short story and then what?....You runaway with my popcorn, juice and transport fare? .
Re: Adaobi (A Story Of Love, Romance And Adventure) by yorhmienerd(m): 10:47pm On Dec 21, 2016
jagugu88li:
Chai! See ending

Come now, give Janet a chance abeg

Yorhmien.erd, so tell me. You call me to watch this short story and then what?....You runaway with my popcorn, juice and transport fare? .
LOL, No ooo. Just too lazy to comment, I've been around since
Re: Adaobi (A Story Of Love, Romance And Adventure) by gtin(m): 7:30am On Dec 22, 2016
Oya oh chipappii we need update for diary of a broke play boy oh
Re: Adaobi (A Story Of Love, Romance And Adventure) by nollyway(m): 7:56am On Dec 22, 2016
Chai!! I don catch diabetes ooo grin grin

Menhh!! Chipappii u are good.. i don knw why u chose to study estate management dan literature sad u are good bro

Lets move to THE PLAYBOY now

Kindly update...

1 Like

Re: Adaobi (A Story Of Love, Romance And Adventure) by MissRelly: 9:45am On Dec 22, 2016
gud morning everybody,welldone chipappii dis story is really a bomb but i don't like d way d story ended i thought d lovebirds will end up 2geda but u really did good,godwil114 wat is ur business if d story is fake or real,if u don't like it,how is it our business we did not ask u 2 comment or read d story so back off author of a real story and allow us enjoy fake stories

1 Like

Re: Adaobi (A Story Of Love, Romance And Adventure) by ROYH(m): 5:24pm On Dec 22, 2016
Oya, Go Update DOBPB0, Dix Wan Kuku Don Finish
Re: Adaobi (A Story Of Love, Romance And Adventure) by Jarexxx(m): 6:46pm On Dec 22, 2016
Chipapii deserves one cartoon of Goldberg
Well done bro
Re: Adaobi (A Story Of Love, Romance And Adventure) by Nobody: 10:10pm On Dec 22, 2016
yorhmienerd:
LOL, No ooo. Just too lazy to comment, I've been around since
Baba that Last line for ur siggy, you fit gv me the colour code abeg
Re: Adaobi (A Story Of Love, Romance And Adventure) by yorhmienerd(m): 10:28pm On Dec 22, 2016
TEVLI:
Baba that Last line for ur siggy, you fit gv me the colour code abeg
I used 'orchid' then bold. Hope that helps
Re: Adaobi (A Story Of Love, Romance And Adventure) by Nobody: 10:36pm On Dec 22, 2016
yorhmienerd:
I used 'orchid' then bold. Hope that helps
thanks
Re: Adaobi (A Story Of Love, Romance And Adventure) by ify2u: 11:25am On Dec 24, 2016
wow what a nice write up keep it coming bro
Re: Adaobi (A Story Of Love, Romance And Adventure) by SlyCharlie(m): 10:14pm On Dec 24, 2016
godwil114:
I wouldn't hv care about the the story if it wasn't push to front page....
Even ur use of english is appalling.. Dude u need help
Nuff said

1 Like

Re: Adaobi (A Story Of Love, Romance And Adventure) by mondayfeb(m): 4:54am On Dec 26, 2016
Chipappii:
We went into the water, stripped down to our inner wears, holding each other, we basked in the euphoria of past memory, the pleasure, the laughter, the pain and the happiness. Love triumphed above all else, we were with each other and that was all that mattered, there was no fears, no regrets, just our love for each other and it was in quantum.
Inside the water we found peace and calm, we bonded in a way neither of us could explain, we didn't want to leave the water, i wished we could stay there forever.
We were soon out of the water,we dressed up and went deeper into the bushes, we needed solitude.

"Why did you come looking for me" she asked me after we had been walking silently for some time..
"I missed you, i thought i was going to die if i didn't see you "
" I missed you too, i wish i never left but i had to "
" I understand "
We sat on a felled tree and i cuddled her to myself. We were silent for a long time, not because we didn't know what to say to each other, we cherished the silence to whatever word there was to say.
" Where is your father? " she asked
" At the Palace "
" waiting for the governor? "
" yes"
"Hmm, the marriage won't hold"
"Why do you say that? "
" Because i'm the bride to be"
It flew past my ear like a little fly. Maybe it was because of the causal way she had said it, maybe its because i thought it the most impossible thing that can happen.

"What do you mean you are the bride? " i asked, pulling her up to face me
" I'm the one the governor is going to marry".
"How?, that's not possible, your age, Ada don't joke like this "
" I'm not joking " she was crying "i know i'm too young to marry him but my father doesn't care. He saw me as a commodity and he sold me" she cried and i held her. I was hurt, devastated to say the least, i didn't know what to do but i knew what i wouldn't do and that would be stand aside and watch someone else take her away from me, i was not going to let her go again and definitely not to marry a man few years younger than her father.
"What are we going to do? " i asked her
" i don't know, few hours ago, i had decided to resign myself to whatever life and fate threw at me but now that you are here Quincy, i'm not going anywhere without you, i would rather die than do that Quincy "
She gripped me tight and sobbed. I wasn't saved the emotion, i realized my eyes were wet, i didn't want to cry, i just wanted to be strong and console her.

" We are here now, we won't go where they would see us, they can't find us here and when they are done, they can all go to hell and burn" she said, a firm determination had replaced the sorrows that had littered her face, but the tears were still there and were still falling. I wiped her face and held it to my chest and closed my eyes.

A glance at my watch placed the time at 2pm. I picked my phone and called my father.

"Hello where are you? Are you still coming?"
"No dad"
"Why? "
" I want you to come home, i need to tell you something"
"Quincy don't be silly, i can't come home now, the marriage rights will soon commence and i need to be here"
"There won't be any marriage "
" Why, what do you mean?"
"Come home first"
"What, Quincy are you alright? " he sounded worried
" Come home " i said and dropped the call before he could say anything else. We were on our way back. Ada had decided she wasn't going to run anymore, it was her life and nobody was going to make her decisions for her. She was going to go home and tell it to their face....
. Well predicted by me!!!!!!!!!! I knw its adaobi dat d governor is abt 2 marry just like nollywood. Thumb up broooo u are doing a great job here. More sperm to ur scrotum
Re: Adaobi (A Story Of Love, Romance And Adventure) by mondayfeb(m): 2:40pm On Dec 26, 2016
godwil114:
Big fat lie.....you are feeding dem with lies
guy wat do u understand by d word FICTION See u criticizing anoda person's work. I doubt u can't write a poem

1 Like

Re: Adaobi (A Story Of Love, Romance And Adventure) by positivestory: 2:37pm On Feb 22, 2017
I don't understand.
jagugu88li:
Honestly need a reply. Are you suggesting plagiarism? undecided
Re: Adaobi (A Story Of Love, Romance And Adventure) by pearl009(f): 8:08pm On Feb 22, 2017
nice story so far...thumb up

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adaobi (A Story Of Love, Romance And Adventure) by harunablezin(f): 11:58am On Feb 23, 2017
na ril Adaobi

1 Like

Re: Adaobi (A Story Of Love, Romance And Adventure) by marvwhite: 10:46pm On Apr 26, 2017
joshuamoses101:
and i can see u are mentally disordered
i concur
Re: Adaobi (A Story Of Love, Romance And Adventure) by marvwhite: 8:01am On Apr 27, 2017
Chipappii

holding your breath to it's maximum ,you know that feeling after you must have released it.. Thats how i felt after reading this BREATH TAKING story (not pun intended)

BUT.......
Adaobi nor for die na, you just kill the poor girl with you pen,why you wicked like that? If nor be say i be man eh! If for cry o. Just imagine say person see me day cry,watin i go tell am say day make me cry

And again,the chances of Adaobi father meeting with the state governor,its kinda slim. Adaobi's suitor should have been a rich man or something or peharps a son of an high chief. Ada shouldnt have been seen walking around the village on her marriage day(who does that?).

Papa Queency own nor too much? He pikin day play with 'cofvanor' thing he papa nor fit flog am for yanch(i miss those days #winks) two motor na Q damage,he papa do like say na toy car he spoil(not a typical Igbo man),he nor play the role of a Nigeria papa.

WHAT A STORY,I'D LIKE TO BE LIKE YOU WHEN I GROW UP....... YOU DID A GREAT WORK SIR

i know you probably hear/see this every day but am your BIGGEST FAN,just like OX 26'' (pun intended)

#keep the good work

1 Like

Re: Adaobi (A Story Of Love, Romance And Adventure) by melvz: 4:12am On May 09, 2017
Need to read some enchanting [url=http://www.lovepoems.com.ng/search/label/love%20poems]love poems[/url] <---go here
Re: Adaobi (A Story Of Love, Romance And Adventure) by temicyborg(m): 5:12am On May 09, 2017
joshuamoses101:
After God fear Women
true talk my guy
Re: Adaobi (A Story Of Love, Romance And Adventure) by Kreamchic: 3:12pm On May 26, 2017
Chipappii:
I resumed school a week after our return from the village. My father would have the driver drop me off at school but i preferred going on my own which afforded me the chance to mingle with other students and talk to some girls too.
After the morning assembly, the first person to welcome me was Janet, my girlfriend. She lived a little far from our neighborhood and she was also from a rich family. She was a little fair in complexion, beautiful and saucy. She saw herself as better than anyone else and therefore wants more respect than she deserves. Of course she was beautiful and she knew it, she also knew a lot of guys would do anything to have her look at them, this made her more cheeky and i wasn't spared of it at times despite being her boyfriend. But then, she can be sweet when she wants to. She was in art class and I was in science. We were both in our ss3.

She had ran to me while i was walking to my class and hugged me tight. I hugged her back.
"I missed you baby" she said and squeezed my hand.
"I missed you too" i said and pinched her on her cheek, she giggled revealing her open teeth and cute dimples. She walked me to my class clutching my hands in hers. She had always made it her special duty to show everyone that she had claimed me and therefore i was off limits for any other girl. Girls around her knew how rascal she could be when her interests were at stake and so flirt with me only out of her view.

My day at school were spent thinking about Ada, what she was doing at each moment and if she thought about me same way i was thinking about her. I would at intervals bring out her letter which i had neatly wrapped and kept in my wallet, read them over and over again and smile.

We always walked home after school because it was fun for us. Janet would often argue that we weren't supposed to be walking home under the hot sun and would often threaten to abandon me and board a bus but whenever she sees that i'm not ready to budge, she will grudgingly walk with us making sure that no girl had more than her own fair of discussion with me. This was the case the second day of school resumption, we were all walking home with ever holding my hand when my phone rang. I brought it out and a totally new number was on display, i picked it and put it into loud speaker.

"Hello, baby it's me" a female voice shouted. I quickly removed it from loud speaker and put it to my ear and to my Joy, i found out it was Ada. I shifted from Janet's side as we talked. She was calling with her mom's number which i can't call back with no matter what, she was specific with that warning. We talked for about 2 minutes in which we said bye. I put the Phone back in my pocket and walked back to Janet who gave me the most epic look i had ever seen. She for sure heard what Ada said when the phone was on loud speaker. She hissed at me and increased her pace leaving me to run after her. I decided i was too tired to do that so i decided to pick another female companion, just then, Janet ran back and dragged me along with her..

Nice story
Re: Adaobi (A Story Of Love, Romance And Adventure) by Desluv(m): 6:06am On Jun 01, 2017
Re: Adaobi (A Story Of Love, Romance And Adventure) by peropoliet(m): 11:09pm On Dec 07, 2017
[quote author=Kentura post=51842488]Following bro... keep up the good wor ;Dk![/quoteyo]you are an outlaw

1 Like

Re: Adaobi (A Story Of Love, Romance And Adventure) by paroh137(m): 10:01pm On Mar 12, 2018
jagugu88li:
Lol, your imagination sef grin

Quincy best make his intensions known before some village boy grabs Ada as wife......the age though, yaa nhee!

Mami your lips ehn
Re: Adaobi (A Story Of Love, Romance And Adventure) by ImpactK: 1:22am On Apr 10, 2020
Guy u tried o, interesting story.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How Male Blacks Were Sodomized By Gay White Masters, During The Slave Trade Da / How I Foolishly Wasted 80k at a NightClub / A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.