Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,299 members, 7,867,789 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 01:07 AM

Way Forward To Lautech Indefinite Break - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Way Forward To Lautech Indefinite Break (752 Views)

LAUTECH Lecturers Embark On Indefinite Lecture Boycott Over Unpaid Salaries / No One Should Go To Lautech! / ASUU To Resume Indefinite Strike On Monday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Way Forward To Lautech Indefinite Break by Geezyayo(m): 11:28pm On Dec 11, 2016
LAUTECH INDEFINITE STRIKE WAY FORWARD :

Fellow ladokites and readers alike, in light of the unfolding events in our dear school, an overall analysis of the status quo is in order before we proceed on the next line of action. Many are eager for the strike to be canceled but I'll ask them to what end ?, the reality is we've been outplayed, outfoxed and conquered. The powers that be carefully applied a simple rule " divide and conquer" and by any and every means for now they've achieved their aim excellently.

The above was the first paragraph of one of many write-ups I've penned on this burning issue. And thank God after seven months or thereabout I think there should have been a way forward by now.
As the elders will say " iyan ti Jo dori koko" meaning " the pounded yam has burnt up to the knot." I like many other ladokites have watched the issue of this strike linger on and I'm sure I'm right when I say we are fed up, we are tired, and finally all are saying is " CALL OFF THE STRIKE ". I am particularly proud of the efforts of many ladokites in their creative use of social media during this trying period and also many other progressive efforts of various comrades one way or the other to voice out the dire straits ladokites are in but we need to explore many other options to achieve victory as the saying goes it is not over until it is over.
I'll also give kudos to all comrades who have stood firm even in the face of Intimidation. You have put to practice our alutarian watchword " intimidation we condone not." and raised your voices circumstances notwithstanding.
Unfortunately our voices even though loud has not been loud enough, our message even though sent, delivered & read has been either misunderstood or ignored either way it is clear we need a way forward.

The way forward if I may humbly suggest is to give this issue the right proportion of ; physical, intellectual, academic, spiritual, political and religious energy it requires no more no less. No more noise making, no more passing across messages the powers that the powers that be can ignore or waive. It is time for all ladokites past present, future and never to be to effectively win the battle. The most important weapon we have as extended members of the lautech family is influence, we need to directly influence the powers that be to be able to win this battle. I must progressively state that Insulting or being at logger heads with; the school authority, lecturers,government or any of its instruments is not the way forward.
On this note it is highly important that all stake holders ( all ladokites ) must find effective means of communing with the powers that be so that we can put an end to this prolonged strike.
This is not a job for a few, in fact it's not a job but a fight all ladokites must fight.

In summary and conclusively, I Aluko-olokun Ayomide ( popularly known as Geezy ) , a 300 Level student of Ladoke Akintola University humbly and most graciously urge my fellow ladokites to not just go through this piece but most importantly pick up what makes sense and leave the nonsense for the bin.

Also, to fellow Nigerian students, youths, our dear lecturers, the government of both states, ASUU, NASU, NANS and most importantly all Nigerians ; the youths are leaders of tomorrow will you allow the future of your fellow brothers, sisters, daughters, sons, friends and family be derailed ?, NOT ON OUR WATCH !!!. We are in this together.
Let's secure the future of this Nation !!!
It starts not just with you and i but in our concerted efforts to use all our strength, vision, commitment, resource to ensure that the future of over 30,000 LAUTECH ( Nigerian ) students is not jeopardized.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Way Forward To Lautech Indefinite Break by Geezyayo(m): 11:44pm On Dec 11, 2016
Nairaland as a platform must aid LADOKITES in this fight by moving this piece to FTP as soon as possible. Lalasticlala!!!

(1) (Reply)

Ladies As Best Graduating Students In Nigeria University Now / University Of Ibadan Announces Resumption Date For 2016/2017 Academic Session / An Awful Moment Between Me And My Lecturer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.