Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,576 members, 7,823,496 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:55 AM

North Cyprus - Travel (120) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / North Cyprus (770869 Views)

Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. / Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) / About To Fly To North Cyprus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) ... (356) (Go Down)

Re: North Cyprus by benson3788(m): 7:52pm On Oct 12, 2013
Ademola.A:
...lol @ take a package and blablabla ... they don't do drugs here in northern cyprus bro .i am actually in need of someone coming down here to help me bring a mobile phone i just got down here because i don't have an idea of anyone coming here from naija....i bought it from naija cos gadgets are extremely expensive here ...Thanks !!!

So sorry you'd come all way for a gadget. Wish I'd help.
Any other thing you forgot to pick?
Re: North Cyprus by Ilodigweudoka(m): 9:05pm On Oct 12, 2013
Ademola.A:
...lol @ take a package and blablabla ... they don't do drugs here in northern cyprus bro .i am actually in need of someone coming down here to help me bring a mobile phone i just got down here because i don't have an idea of anyone coming here from naija....i bought it from naija cos gadgets are extremely expensive here ...Thanks !!!
ademola wat products, accessories or watever ar actually cheap over there? pls ur reply will be useful pls
Re: North Cyprus by AdemolaA2: 10:45am On Oct 13, 2013
Ilodigweudoka:
ademola wat products, accessories or watever ar actually cheap over there? pls ur reply will be useful pls
To be honest with you..everything is expensive here .don't think any product , accessories or what have you is cheap here ..cost of living is high as well .may be tuition fees of most of the schools here are cheap probably...
Re: North Cyprus by Ilodigweudoka(m): 11:49am On Oct 13, 2013
Ademola.A:
To be honest with you..everything is expensive here .don't think any product , accessories or what have you is cheap here ..cost of living is high as well .may be tuition fees of most of the schools here are cheap probably...
isnt there anything they are known for producing be agriculture, freshfoods, or as low as even basket making or anything. in fact whats selling over there in terms of proffession or rather scarcely needed skills, be it capentary, hairdressing, business, international cheffry/restuarant, or even sports anytin. or is the country stark infertile just known for cheap international education for foriegners?
Re: North Cyprus by AdemolaA2: 11:02pm On Oct 13, 2013
don't know of anything they are really known for when it comes to production finished products.. its just a tourist center...
Re: North Cyprus by zayyanmahmoud: 7:30pm On Oct 14, 2013
Please wen is the next
admission process starting for masters level
Re: North Cyprus by AdemolaA2: 8:25am On Oct 15, 2013
zayyanmahmoud: Please wen is the next
..The schools here just resumed about over a month ago but i could ask at the international office if they would be taking more prospective students..however,the country is on a one week byram break now so you should expect a feedback from me by next week monday .chao!!!
Re: North Cyprus by zayyanmahmoud: 9:39am On Oct 15, 2013
Alright I appreciate
Re: North Cyprus by AdemolaA2: 10:37am On Oct 15, 2013
zayyanmahmoud: Alright I appreciate
.kk!!!
Re: North Cyprus by Ilodigweudoka(m): 2:01am On Oct 16, 2013
For admission for January 2014 spring semester Application deadline is January 11th i mailed the school and i got reply. Well am applying for my masters for 2014 spring. cos fall semester which started September is far spent. Go through thread also to get help. Thanks.
Re: North Cyprus by Ilodigweudoka(m): 2:06am On Oct 16, 2013
Ademola A. are an undergraduate or masters student at the skul.
Re: North Cyprus by zayyanmahmoud: 12:06pm On Oct 16, 2013
[quote
author=Ilodigweudoka]
For admission for January 2014 spring semester Application deadline is
January 11th i mailed the school and i got reply. Well am applying for
my masters for 2014 spring. cos fall semester which started September is
far spent. Go through thread also to get help. Thanks. [/quote]
which school are u applyin for
Re: North Cyprus by Ilodigweudoka(m): 2:33pm On Oct 16, 2013
Sorry not to have mentioned it. EMU. N wich r u askn 4.
Re: North Cyprus by AdemolaA2: 5:14pm On Oct 16, 2013
Ilodigweudoka: Sorry not to have mentioned it. EMU. N wich r u askn 4.
..masters!!!
Re: North Cyprus by penroll55(m): 10:14am On Oct 17, 2013
Ademola.A:

When you say things are expensive and to be precise everything as you said,do you mind elaborating on that your statement?
A country where one of their currency is 83 to naira and you converting your money to buy things here,do you expect it to be same with Nigeria?
If you say things are expensive here then what will you say about usa that a dollar to naira is 160 and uk that one punds to naira is 250.
Well depends on your definition of expensive but to me things are cheap here.
Here with a thousand teller,it can take you a long way and even buy u lot of things.....if you working and paid 1300tl a month you can get a laptop with it with just a month salary but in naija and u paid 30k a month,dont u know how many months salary you will add just to get a laptop?
Well wish you guys luck that see here as a dry place but dont give others same mentality as you have all because you dont like the place and want others to see it the way you do.
Re: North Cyprus by penroll55(m): 10:16am On Oct 17, 2013
Next admission process for spring session starts November.
Re: North Cyprus by AdemolaA2: 12:32pm On Oct 17, 2013
@ Penrol ...i am not going to engage in a debate or an argument with you.i have been to a couple of other European countries and comparing here with these other countries is a NO NO for me. are there job opportunities for you to make that money you just converted as lil' as the conversion rate is to you?Students pay equal and unbearable tax with their own citizens on everything you buy ,food stuffs,school fees , housing ,light and water bills when the government is fully aware that students don't have jobs to do here .cost of living is very high here despite the fact that there are no jobs here while standard of living is low.your folks or you yourself must be well to do to survive and sustain yourself here ...except you are in into some kind of shady deals(side runs)... If you want me to continue.. i am all here !!!
Re: North Cyprus by Ilodigweudoka(m): 11:36pm On Oct 17, 2013
Lets not derail this thread. I think we've all gotten the point as to cost of living. Thanks
Re: North Cyprus by penroll55(m): 10:20am On Oct 18, 2013
Ademola.A:
@ Penrol ...i am not going to engage in a debate or an argument with you.i have been to a couple of other European countries and comparing here with these other countries is a NO NO for me. are there job opportunities for you to make that money you just converted as lil' as the conversion rate is to you?Students pay equal and unbearable tax with their own citizens on everything you buy ,food stuffs,school fees , housing ,light and water bills when the government is fully aware that students don't have jobs to do here .cost of living is very high here despite the fact that there are no jobs here while standard of living is low.your folks or you yourself must be well to do to survive and sustain yourself here ...except you are in into some kind of shady deals(side runs)... If you want me to continue.. i am all here !!!

You have been to a couple of other European countries maybe on visit not to live or study as you are doing here now so you might not know much about things there cause as far as i know in terms of tax as you said,here is far more better than other European countries.
Well as not to derail from the topic at hand as Ilodigweudoka said,better we drop it but my point is if you think things are hard or costly for you dont give that mindset to others as well cause it might not be to them.

And before i forget am not into any kind of shady deals and guess few people that have met me in person from this thread can tell you better about myself....and who tell you there is no work here,when u ready to work you will see and if you think its hard to get one here so it is in other European countries and even Nigeria as well.
Re: North Cyprus by penroll55(m): 10:37am On Oct 18, 2013
Ademola.A:

Information to all new students coming to North Cyprus,they do drugs here and be careful when someone you dont know very well ask you to bring something for them from Nigeria cause it might be drugs or weed package very well for you not to know but its hard not to be detected at the airport. Lot of Nigerians are in the prison now in lefkosa serving their term cause of drugs.
This is not Nigeria where you can get away with almost anything.....As of last week a Nigerian that was caught with weed last month(Currently in the prison)is being negotiated to be released by his lawyer with 50,000TL(That's approximately 4.2million naira).
A word is enough for the wise.

2 Likes

Re: North Cyprus by AdemolaA2: 1:32pm On Oct 18, 2013
Like i said earlier , i am not here to argue with you on this issue ..anyone inspiring to come here should think twice before starting the processing because agents and whosoever them call themselves will always lie to you that there is this and that in northern Cyprus.All these blabbing are all lies. Cyprus has nothing good to offer if you are a very enthusiastic youth who's willing to aspire something worthwhile in life.I leave the choice for you to decide because ''A word they always say is enough for the wise ".and @ people trafficking drugs here ..i haven't heard of anyone been caught for drug trafficking in Northern Cyprus or may be i am not in that league of drug trafficking to know who has been caught for such offences or related offenses.Word..The truth be told!!!
Re: North Cyprus by Temas: 2:46pm On Oct 18, 2013
Ademola.A:
Like i said earlier , i am not here to argue with you on this issue ..anyone inspiring to come here should think twice before starting the processing because agents and whosoever them call themselves will always lie to you that there is this and that in northern Cyprus.All these blabbing are all lies. Cyprus has nothing good to offer if you are a very enthusiastic youth who's willing to aspire something worthwhile in life.I leave the choice for you to decide because ''A word they always say is enough for the wise ".and @ people trafficking drugs here ..i haven't heard of anyone been caught for drug trafficking in Northern Cyprus or may be i am not in that league of drug trafficking to know who has been caught for such offences or related offenses.Word..The truth be told!!!
Was thinking not to contribute but i need to cos of the stuff written above.
1.depending our ur aspiration(s),if you are not detemined, even if u go to heaven u wont make them happened. many pple came abroad thinking its their fathers backyard,money fall on trees and all that.if you number one goal is to study then coming to north cyprus isnt bad.have been opportune to know little about penroll and meet some pple here on this forum...Ademola,penroll na Govt pikin for here ooo so mind ur words .. (just kiding).He came and conquer. u cant hussle to make a living here but u can Read to make a living(case study penroll,myself,roomate and even my oga for here).If north cyprus isn't providing you with what u expected abegiiiii go back naija . we are too much here self.

2. Ademola try to learn Turkish and read paper,You dnt have to be in the league of drug traffickers before you know what is happening in ur environment.them dey catch them here oooooo. enough said. the police here no be naija police ooo. say no to drug and yahoo yahoo.naija boys with misplaced priorities dey spoil our name for here....
Re: North Cyprus by AdemolaA2: 3:16pm On Oct 18, 2013
@ temas ...na govt pikin abi... so e no dey pay tax n e dey get jobs to do 24 7 abi.. chabuchabu abi ..u know what that means ...the thing is , so many of us came here with the intention of studying while we work and settle our bills by ourselves ..fine , some people have parents and family members that can support them throughout their stay abroad while some don't have. now i am speaking for a whole lot of people who dont have that opportunity u know.Yes o yes ... it's a good place for those who have come here to study because the educational standard here is far better than what we have in Nigeria be it private or public.. i have Cypriot Turkish news papers here in my house i always get from my landlady called Afrika. ''check the newspaper out'' and see for yourself the kind of discrimination and racism we have always frowned against and that's what the newspaper portrays..One good thing about this place is a place that is very good and encouraging for people with good handiwork and that applies to everyone country all over the world ..not only Cyprus..I have since considered learning hairdressing and i have started also since that's what is selling here now...loooool!!!I understand Turkish a bit but not as much as to read their newspapers always published in their local language.Thanks to this place again for letting us get visas easily to other european countries cos most embassies here don't get to see people traveling often so they are always happy to grant visas as long as your traveling reasons are genuine.
Re: North Cyprus by Temas: 3:25pm On Oct 18, 2013
Ademola.A:
@ temas ...na govt pikin abi... so e no dey pay tax n e dey get jobs to do 24 7 abi.. chabuchabu abi ..u know what that means ...the thing is , so many of us came here with the intention of studying while we work and settle our bills by ourselves ..fine , some people have parents and family members that can support them throughout their stay abroad while some don't have. now i am speaking for a whole lot of people who dont have that opportunity u know.Yes o yes ... it's a good place for those who have come here to study because the educational standard here is far better than what we have in Nigeria be it private or public.. i have Cypriot Turkish news papers here in my house i always get from my landlady called Afrika. ''check the newspaper out'' and see for yourself the kind of discrimination and racism we have always frowned against and that's what the newspaper portrays..One good thing about this place is a place that is very good and encouraging for people with good handiwork and that applies to everyone country all over the world ..not only Cyprus..I have since considered learning hairdressing and i have started also since that's what is selling here now...loooool!!!I understand Turkish a bit but not as much as to read their newspapers always published in their local language.Thanks to this place again for letting us get visas easily to other european countries cos most embassies here don't get to see people traveling often so they are always happy to grant visas as long as your traveling reasons are genuine.

@ademola correct.... you too can make it here if u study hard forget racism its everywhere in the world..if ur sch is EMU,pm penroll. he is a good guy. u guys can make things happen. are u a man or a woman(just curious hairdresser things lol) anyway glad u are making Good use of the environment.@Penroll i need to do that to encourage some pple.. pardon me
Re: North Cyprus by AdemolaA2: 3:28pm On Oct 18, 2013
Temas:

@ademola correct..if ur sch is EMU,pm penroll . he is a good guy. u guys can make things happen. are u a man or a woman(just curious hairdresser thing) anyway glads u are making Good use of the environment.
.. Brother , i am a man ooo ...i am in CIU ooo...
Re: North Cyprus by Temas: 3:31pm On Oct 18, 2013
Ademola.A:
.. Brother , i am a man ooo ...i am in CIU ooo...
hahaha i c.... no wonder CIU!!!! no i get. all the best
Re: North Cyprus by AdemolaA2: 3:33pm On Oct 18, 2013
Temas:
hahaha i c.... no wonder CIU!!!! no i get. all the best
.. oh.. u see now ..good u understand my point.. i hear plenty goodies and opportunities dey for Magusa side .. na true ?
Re: North Cyprus by penroll55(m): 7:30pm On Oct 18, 2013
Ademola.A:
.. oh.. u see now ..good u understand my point.. i hear plenty goodies and opportunities dey for Magusa side .. na true ?
Opportunities dey everywhere,just pray for God to direct your path to the right people and places and surely u will make it.
Work is not readily available here and to be sincere same in other countries especially if you going to study cause its hard to do both.
Wish you all already here luck and those coming but the truth be said,studying abroad is not cheap so if your people dont have the cash i advice you dont come at all unless you coming to work full time and just use school as means to get the visa.
Many people went to usa last summer to work and the stories on number of work they do per day just to make sure they return with good cash then you know its not easy anywhere....
Re: North Cyprus by penroll55(m): 7:32pm On Oct 18, 2013
[quote author=Temas]

@
Re: North Cyprus by kehinde1947(m): 7:33pm On Oct 18, 2013
Ha D embassy was tug of war, Only doz who get mouth or pple who fit settle go enta, i went to meet d security he told me student dnt need to book an appointment bt d security won't allow until u settle. If u settle self e no sure, Na only God fit save us now coz skul don start lecture. Pls come to our aid o.
Re: North Cyprus by Ilodigweudoka(m): 7:53pm On Oct 18, 2013
is CIU in north or south cyprus? pls let me know.

(1) (2) (3) ... (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) ... (356)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.