Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,493 members, 7,823,156 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:52 AM

North Cyprus - Travel (124) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / North Cyprus (770851 Views)

Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. / Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) / About To Fly To North Cyprus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) ... (356) (Go Down)

Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 12:30pm On Nov 08, 2013
fees now with the 50 percent scholarship for pharmacy?thanks
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 1:36pm On Nov 08, 2013
Princessmirex: sir wip please how much would be my fees now with the 50percent scholarship for pharmacy?thanks

Am not sure you are the person you claimed to be cos all these questions have been answered when the real person contacted me. Check your email of oct 27th i hav answered this question.
Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 1:39pm On Nov 08, 2013
ok let me check the mail thanks alot am really happy
Re: North Cyprus by Drpak: 4:01pm On Nov 08, 2013
@wip7, thanks for ur contribution so far. I got d admission status in my mail on Nov 6. But I cudn't find the admission letter in the mail.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 4:08pm On Nov 08, 2013
Dr pak: @wip7, thanks for ur contribution so far. I got d admission status in my mail on Nov 6. But I cudn't find the admission letter in the mail.

Applications are being evaluated just this week and possibly from next week the Acceptance/Admission letters will be issued so kindly wait to receive it as soon as it is issued.
Re: North Cyprus by rapcy(m): 4:21am On Nov 09, 2013
Princessmirex: ok let me check the mail thanks alot am really greatfull, and am miracle ifunanya okedu am the person
hey... Taught i should say hello... I also applied to EMU, I think wip7 is really doing a great job... We could process the rest of the process 2geda wif the help of wip7...
Re: North Cyprus by Ilodigweudoka(m): 12:15pm On Nov 09, 2013
Hello students/peeps at EMU or around EMU community pls i want to know if there's any football pitch in emu or around the zone. And if there's a formidable soccer team too wit a prof training coach. I am fond of training/keeping fit four to five times a week without which i will go sick and lazy. Doing that makes me capable of reading 9to10 hours a day. Especially field events like 100m, 200m. Pls i need replies pls.
Re: North Cyprus by emerjenstar: 2:32am On Nov 11, 2013
@Wip7 I want to confirm if admission still holds for spring 2014. I applied few months ago n got a confirmation letter but it was too late to proceed with part payment of my fees so I can get D̶̲̥̅̊ original admission letter so I decided 2 postpone it to next session but I am seeing offers here for Feb 2014 admission and decided 2 ask U̶̲̥̅̊ if its frm U̶̲̥̅̊ and if m eligible 4 D̶̲̥̅̊ spring 2014 undergraduate admission in2 molecular biology and genetics. Pls reply ASAP. ⌣»̶·̵̭̌·̵̭̌✽̤̈̊ŦЂⱭ̤̥̈̊П̥̥̲̣̣̣KƧ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇✽̤̈̊·̵̭̌·̵̭̌!....
Re: North Cyprus by Ilodigweudoka(m): 9:28am On Nov 11, 2013
Ilodigweudoka: Hello students/peeps at EMU or around EMU community pls i want to know if there's any football pitch in emu or around the zone. And if there's a formidable soccer team too wit a prof training coach. I am fond of training/keeping fit four to five times a week without which i will go sick and lazy. Doing that makes me capable of reading 9to10 hours a day. Especially field events like 100m, 200m. Pls i need replies pls.
Pls can someone talk to me pls. Thanks
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 10:58am On Nov 11, 2013
emerjen star: @Wip7 I want to confirm if admission still holds for spring 2014. I applied few months ago n got a confirmation letter but it was too late to proceed with part payment of my fees so I can get D̶̲̥̅̊ original admission letter so I decided 2 postpone it to next session but I am seeing offers here for Feb 2014 admission and decided 2 ask U̶̲̥̅̊ if its frm U̶̲̥̅̊ and if m eligible 4 D̶̲̥̅̊ spring 2014 undergraduate admission in2 molecular biology and genetics. Pls reply ASAP. ⌣»̶·̵̭̌·̵̭̌✽̤̈̊ŦЂⱭ̤̥̈̊П̥̥̲̣̣̣KƧ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇✽̤̈̊·̵̭̌·̵̭̌!....

you can apply for Feb (spring entry) 2014.
Re: North Cyprus by emerjenstar: 4:06pm On Nov 11, 2013
wip7:

you can apply for Feb (spring entry) 2014.
Hi @wip7 I tried applying but the online application portal s only coming up wt admission procedure instead if D̶̲̥̅̊ online application form.
Please am I to apply tru U̶̲̥̅̊ as in sending my documents and details to you. If so, I'l appreciate it if U̶̲̥̅̊ text U̶̲̥̅̊я email ad 2 ♏ε̲̣̣̣̥ or Snd a mail 2 mine ; decentmoi3110@gmail.com. ⌣»̶·̵̭̌·̵̭̌✽̤̈̊ŦЂⱭ̤̥̈̊П̥̥̲̣̣̣KƧ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇✽̤̈̊·̵̭̌·̵̭̌!....
Re: North Cyprus by rapcy(m): 5:22pm On Nov 11, 2013
emerjen star:
Hi @wip7 I tried applying but the online application portal s only coming up wt admission procedure instead if D̶̲̥̅̊ online application form.
Please am I to apply tru U̶̲̥̅̊ as in sending my documents and details to you. If so, I'l appreciate it if U̶̲̥̅̊ text U̶̲̥̅̊я email ad 2 ♏ε̲̣̣̣̥ or Snd a mail 2 mine ; decentmoi3110@gmail.com. ⌣»̶·̵̭̌·̵̭̌✽̤̈̊ŦЂⱭ̤̥̈̊П̥̥̲̣̣̣KƧ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇✽̤̈̊·̵̭̌·̵̭̌!....
skull4una@gmail.com
Re: North Cyprus by emerjenstar: 7:11pm On Nov 11, 2013
@rapcy, ⌣»̶·̵̭̌·̵̭̌✽̤̈̊ŦЂⱭ̤̥̈̊П̥̥̲̣̣̣KƧ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇✽̤̈̊·̵̭̌·̵̭̌!....
Re: North Cyprus by worry359(m): 8:10pm On Nov 11, 2013
Lots of silly Blackberry characters on this post.
You all look like little children playing.
Also against forum rules.
Re: North Cyprus by Ilodigweudoka(m): 10:57pm On Nov 11, 2013
worry 359: Lots of silly Blackberry characters on this post.
You all look like little children playing.
Also against forum rules.
I agree wit you. Its only fun during chats not serious thread like this. Nice pointing it out.
Re: North Cyprus by rapcy(m): 11:58pm On Nov 11, 2013
emerjen star: @rapcy, ⌣»̶·̵̭̌·̵̭̌✽̤̈̊ŦЂⱭ̤̥̈̊П̥̥̲̣̣̣KƧ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇✽̤̈̊·̵̭̌·̵̭̌!....
UW
Re: North Cyprus by Ilodigweudoka(m): 2:01am On Nov 12, 2013
pls @ rapcy, oga wip, penroll n co. I will like to know if the one month Turkish transit visa or the one the skul will extend for you on arrival, can grant one easy to and fro movement within and outta turkey from Cyprus? Or is there any other documentation or procession needed over there? Thanks. Replies will be well appreciated
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 9:01am On Nov 12, 2013
Ilodigweudoka: pls @ rapcy, oga wip, penroll n co. I will like to know if the one month Turkish transit visa or the one the skul will extend for you on arrival, can grant one easy to and fro movement within and outta turkey from Cyprus? Or is there any other documentation or procession needed over there? Thanks. Replies will be well appreciated

North cyprus residence permit allows you to apply for visas to country of your choice but does not translate to mean you can travel to Turkey or other countries without securing visas. Residence permit only indicates your status on the Island and does not mean you will be issued visa to Turkey or any other countries.....you have to meet your destination visas requirements and satisfy the Visa issuing officer.
Re: North Cyprus by ops84(m): 9:13am On Nov 12, 2013
http://www.universityworldnews.com/article.php?story=20130411120607173

Foreign students flock to ‘illegal’ Cyprus universities

Kenyans are among many African students whose dreams of a quality education in Cyprus might have been shattered.

Internal politics in Cyprus have spilled over into the international and African higher education scene, fuelling confusion among parents and prospective students attracted to opportunities for top-notch education in the divided country.

Universities in secessionist north Cyprus, a region not recognised by the international community except Turkey, have been advertising places at various ‘quality’ institutions, precipitating a spat with the country’s missions abroad.

The universities, including Cyprus International University and East Mediterranean University, both in the north Turkish-recognised region, have been luring students – mainly in Africa – with the promise of top-quality, affordable education.

But the universities are not accredited by south (Greek) Cyprus, which is recognised by the United Nations, posing a major dilemma for students, who are uncertain about whether they will be able to enter the job market with qualifications from universities in north Cyprus.

In Kenya in particular, Cyprus International University (CIU) has been aggressively advertising in the local press in a bid to attract students.

The move has forced the south Cyprus (Nicosia) embassy in Nairobi to warn students and parents against enrolling at the institution, cautioning that the university is unaccredited

“We are sending out a warning that the Cyprus International University is not accredited or recognised by the ministry of education and culture in the republic of Cyprus,” said Agis Loizou, the Cyprus high commissioner to Kenya, in a media statement.

“The CIU is in the illegal entity of the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus (TRNC), and therefore is not a legally operating university that can issue degrees to students.”

The warning has sent shock waves across Kenya and East Africa.

Jamal Tajdin, a Kenyan studying at East Mediterranean University (EMU) in the north’s Famagusta area, said there were about 30 Kenyans at EMU.

“All I can say is TRNC is one of the safest places to be," he wrote in Kenya's Daily Nation newspaper. "The university is home to thousands of international students from around the world, especially African countries.

“There are only about 30 Kenyan students at EMU, but we are happy here and it is much cheaper and the quality of education better than at Greek Cypriot universities.”

Last year, Kenya’s Commission for University Education warned that CIU was an unaccredited university, but this seems not to have deterred education-hungry Kenyans from flocking to north Cyprus.

The Cyprus high commission in Nairobi listed the University of Cyprus, Open University of Cyprus and Cyprus University of Technology as among the accredited institutions at which international students could enrol.

Although scenic and peaceful, northern Cyprus is an area previously blighted by civil war. With the region occupied by the Turkish army and denied recognition by the United Nations, there are no direct flights there from Africa, and African students have to travel to Istanbul, from where they get connecting flights.

According to Fredrick Oloo, another Kenyan student in the disputed north, this has not hindered African students from pursuing their dream courses in north Cyprus where, he said, the education offered was both “cheap and of high quality”.

Please guys in north cyprus,kindly say somethn abt this,especially CIU.
Re: North Cyprus by rapcy(m): 9:25am On Nov 12, 2013
ops84: http://www.universityworldnews.com/article.php?story=20130411120607173

Foreign students flock to ‘illegal’ Cyprus universities

Kenyans are among many African students whose dreams of a quality education in Cyprus might have been shattered.

Internal politics in Cyprus have spilled over into the international and African higher education scene, fuelling confusion among parents and prospective students attracted to opportunities for top-notch education in the divided country.

Universities in secessionist north Cyprus, a region not recognised by the international community except Turkey, have been advertising places at various ‘quality’ institutions, precipitating a spat with the country’s missions abroad.

The universities, including Cyprus International University and East Mediterranean University, both in the north Turkish-recognised region, have been luring students – mainly in Africa – with the promise of top-quality, affordable education.

But the universities are not accredited by south (Greek) Cyprus, which is recognised by the United Nations, posing a major dilemma for students, who are uncertain about whether they will be able to enter the job market with qualifications from universities in north Cyprus.

In Kenya in particular, Cyprus International University (CIU) has been aggressively advertising in the local press in a bid to attract students.

The move has forced the south Cyprus (Nicosia) embassy in Nairobi to warn students and parents against enrolling at the institution, cautioning that the university is unaccredited

“We are sending out a warning that the Cyprus International University is not accredited or recognised by the ministry of education and culture in the republic of Cyprus,” said Agis Loizou, the Cyprus high commissioner to Kenya, in a media statement.

“The CIU is in the illegal entity of the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus (TRNC), and therefore is not a legally operating university that can issue degrees to students.”

The warning has sent shock waves across Kenya and East Africa.

Jamal Tajdin, a Kenyan studying at East Mediterranean University (EMU) in the north’s Famagusta area, said there were about 30 Kenyans at EMU.

“All I can say is TRNC is one of the safest places to be," he wrote in Kenya's Daily Nation newspaper. "The university is home to thousands of international students from around the world, especially African countries.

“There are only about 30 Kenyan students at EMU, but we are happy here and it is much cheaper and the quality of education better than at Greek Cypriot universities.”

Last year, Kenya’s Commission for University Education warned that CIU was an unaccredited university, but this seems not to have deterred education-hungry Kenyans from flocking to north Cyprus.

The Cyprus high commission in Nairobi listed the University of Cyprus, Open University of Cyprus and Cyprus University of Technology as among the accredited institutions at which international students could enrol.

Although scenic and peaceful, northern Cyprus is an area previously blighted by civil war. With the region occupied by the Turkish army and denied recognition by the United Nations, there are no direct flights there from Africa, and African students have to travel to Istanbul, from where they get connecting flights.

According to Fredrick Oloo, another Kenyan student in the disputed north, this has not hindered African students from pursuing their dream courses in north Cyprus where, he said, the education offered was both “cheap and of high quality”.

Please guys in north cyprus,kindly say somethn abt this,especially CIU.
Dude check d date of dat post... I hv read dat... Google d school accreditation b4 u repost... EMU is the top ranked university in northern cyprus, not only that, it is ranked as no_ 313 worldwide... So, do d maths...
Re: North Cyprus by emerjenstar: 9:39am On Nov 12, 2013
@wip7 I av sent the documents to ur mail box. Pls let me know if there are oda documents and info needed. Tnkx
Re: North Cyprus by Temas: 12:43pm On Nov 12, 2013
Eastern Mediterranean University (DAU) is reported to have been among the list of top 500 universities in European Union countries according to ‘Webometrics Ranking of World Universities’ of Cyber Metrics Lab.

According to information received from the EMU, Eastern Mediterranean Universityafter the research carried out by ‘Webometrics’ at 5,827 universities in Europe, EMU has been ranked in the 444th position among the universities in the European Union. EMU has taken place at the top 7 percent.

EMU is also in 1372nd position, at the top 5 percent, amongst more than 20 thousand reviewed universities in the world.
http://cyprusscene.com/2013/08/15/trnc-news-today-14th-august-2013-emu-is-among-the-top-500-universities/

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 2:57pm On Nov 12, 2013
emerjen star: @wip7 I av sent the documents to ur mail box. Pls let me know if there are oda documents and info needed. Tnkx

i received your email and i hav replied you.

Princessmirex: plx sir is it the official one that carriees the amount to pay to the school?because this one doesn't have it

I have sent you the official Acceptance letters. Pls pay directly into EMU bank acct as stated on the offer letter and you can scan the payment slip back to me. Goodluck!
Re: North Cyprus by roselex: 3:34pm On Nov 12, 2013
Oga wip I sent you a mail but no reply ANY UPDATE?
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 3:44pm On Nov 12, 2013
roselex: Oga wip I sent you a mail but no reply ANY UPDATE?

when there is update i will let you know.
Re: North Cyprus by emerjenstar: 5:20pm On Nov 12, 2013
@wip7, I got ur reply. Thanks. I want to confirm if its EMU u'll b processing for cos that's where I look forward to be admitted into. Thanks tho cheesy xpecting U̶̲̥̅̊я reply soonest. Thanks
Re: North Cyprus by worry359(m): 6:11pm On Nov 12, 2013
emerjen star
With your use of silly blackberry characters you are too childish for university
here is a list of primary schools where you might fit in better with young children.
http://www.cyprusive.com/?CID=265
Re: North Cyprus by Ilodigweudoka(m): 7:38pm On Nov 12, 2013
thanks all i think i ve gotten what i want.
Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 8:03pm On Nov 12, 2013
thank you so much sir wip i recieved it
Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 8:05pm On Nov 12, 2013
thanks
Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 8:09pm On Nov 12, 2013
sir.
Re: North Cyprus by Ilodigweudoka(m): 9:02pm On Nov 12, 2013
Princessmirex: sir wip please i need your help my mum is blaming and mad at me for the silly mistake ,please help me resend it.
Princessmirex: sir wip please i need your help my mum is blaming and mad at me for the silly mistake ,please help me resend it.
Princessmirex: thank you so much sir wip i recieved it but i have a little problem i downloaded and saved it in my phone gallery and trying to view it it wrote file format not supported please sir my question is can i still open the attachment in the cafe and print it out? Because i have already saved it in my phone gallery please sir how can i retrieve it back? I would be greatful if u resend it.thanks and God bless you,am really sorry for the inconviniences .thanks
haba!!!!! in this computerized post millenium era!!!! the copy or format he sent to you is soft copy or file which am sure is via email or in ur inbox. downloading it doesnt mean exhausting or desstroying the file. u can download and print a million times if u so want it will still be in ur box unless u deleted it from ur box after downlaod. and mind u most phones dont support files that are too large for its memory or the hasnt the required software necessary for downloads eg pdf or microsoft properties/software, but am so sure since it has to do with downloads and official requirements as such it will surely need a pdf platform to operate or download so i suggest u go to the cafe if u have no internet structure at home to download and print ur document. and stop fidgetting on this thread n let wip be when unneccessary. we need jiggilizing coments here not panics to ginger guys on board. thanks my opinion.

(1) (2) (3) ... (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) ... (356)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.