Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,108 members, 7,849,459 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 09:59 PM

North Cyprus - Travel (149) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / North Cyprus (774902 Views)

Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. / Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) / About To Fly To North Cyprus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) ... (356) (Go Down)

Re: North Cyprus by penroll55(m): 11:14am On Aug 27, 2014
Student Visa Interview Tips for Success

Because the process of issuing a student visa is something that the country government takes very seriously, it is easy to become intimidated by the security precautions and blunt questions. Don't let the word "interview" scare you away, though: You have already completed the hard part of the visa process by gathering and submitting the necessary paperwork. After you've made your visa interview appointment, follow these tips to ensure that the rest of the process goes smoothly.
Get to the consular's office a few minutes early. Though you may have spent weeks or months gathering the required visa documentation, your actual interview should take no longer than a few minutes. Therefore, you'll want to arrive at the consular's office with a few minutes to spare in case the interviewer is running ahead of schedule.
Bring only necessary items to the interview. Since it is likely that you will be ushered through a security checkpoint or metal-detecting device upon your arrival at the consular office, make sure that you are not carrying prohibited items such as office bags or briefcases, electronic items, mobile phones, or cigarettes, all of which can trigger alerts.
Be ready to be fingerprinted(especially for U.S embassy). Those receiving a student visa must submit to electronic fingerprinting(especially for U.S embassy), which is usually done at the interview site.
Be familiar with the most commonly asked questions. As discussed, the visa interview can be somewhat stressful, but only if you are not prepared for it. Once your name is called, you will be directed to the interviewer's office, where he or she will ask you questions about the time you intend to spend in the country. None of these questions are meant to trick you or deter you from entering the country. Consider the following frequently asked student visa interview questions:
1. Why do you want to travel to the country?
2. Who is sponsoring you?
3. What is your annual income?
4. Do you have a credit card?
5. How many children do you have? Where are they?
6. Do you know anyone in the said country?
7. How long will you be staying in the country?
8. Do you plan to work during your time in the country?
9. How can you assure that you will return to your home country?

There might be more to it but consider this the most frequently ask ones.
All of these questions are intended to determine your purpose in visiting the country and the extent to which you are supported by family, your home country, or another entity. As long as you're relaxed and honest, the interview will be over in no time and you'll be well on your way to start your education.

WISH YOU ALL A STRESS FREE AND SUCCESSFUL VISA INTERVIEW

1 Like 1 Share

Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 11:29am On Aug 27, 2014
penroll55:

Boss i received this type without count, at times i wonder how they reason with so much awareness now thinking someone will fall for this nonsense.Now they even go as far as trying to scam through skype knowing fully well skype is a video call application of which a reasonable someone must surely demand for video.
Most times when i receive it i usually reply them with a very structured polite insult....lol

hmmmm why are they sending it to poor me? if you, i understand ...u be boss....they need some cash from u oooo. Enjoy !
Re: North Cyprus by penroll55(m): 11:31am On Aug 27, 2014
wip7:

hmmmm why are they sending it to poor me? if you, i understand ...u be boss....they need some cash from u oooo. Enjoy !

Boss as you talk am now afraid catch me,i come even dey look my back if na someone else you dey refer to....maybe because i have not started visiting you at home to let you know i need your assistance from your pocket.hahahaha
Re: North Cyprus by penroll55(m): 11:35am On Aug 27, 2014
Here is a re-post of possible questions that might be confusing to new students applying for visa interview.
NB: THE NUMBERS IS ACCORDINGLY AS IT IS NUMBERED ON THE VISA APPLICATION FORM

1. your surname as in intl passport
2. skip it
3. your name or names as written on your intl passport
5. Put nothing here
7. The city and country you were born.
13. here tick ordinary passport
21. Tick transit
22. Tick single entry
23. Write few days
27. Tick other and write for studies.
28. Date you will get TO Cyprus(you can access how long will take from Nigeria to Cyprus via online flight booking).
29. Date you intend leaving Nigeria
30. Write Turkey
31. Write flight
33. write the address of the School you going,the school telephone number and E-mail.

That's all i think new applicant might find difficult or confusing.
Wish you all luck....
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 12:06pm On Aug 27, 2014
penroll55:

Boss as you talk am now afraid catch me,i come even dey look my back if na someone else you dey refer to....maybe because i have not started visiting you at home to let you know i need your assistance from your pocket.hahahaha

You TRNC goverment they pay you but me my reward comes from God.....how about that?
Re: North Cyprus by penroll55(m): 12:12pm On Aug 27, 2014
wip7:

You TRNC goverment they pay you but me my reward comes from God.....how about that?

lol....boss that their money na change na and also it takes time to come ooo....anyhow sha, one of this days i go show your house make i enjoy your wife food small....
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 12:16pm On Aug 27, 2014
penroll55:
lol....boss that their money na change na and also it takes time to come ooo....anyhow sha, one of this days i go show your house make i enjoy your wife food small....

You are welkom just let me know when you are coming..Have fun!
Re: North Cyprus by akinlex(m): 5:19pm On Aug 27, 2014
as a new student and you need accomodation in trnc please contact me i can help you get a nice one before your arrival.
Re: North Cyprus by junior712(m): 7:09pm On Aug 27, 2014
@Akin send me ur mail address pls.... Dis is in respect to the accommodation stuff
Re: North Cyprus by akinlex(m): 7:25pm On Aug 27, 2014
junior712: @Akin send me ur mail address pls.... Dis is in respect to the accommodation stuff
my mail in my signature
Re: North Cyprus by virgindesy(m): 12:01pm On Aug 28, 2014
Mr wip good day , I picked up my passport yesterday at the Turkish embassy and the only thing I saw at the last page of my passport is tr and date I was interviewed. I don't really know what this means...am so sure its not that the visa was granted but if though on refuse base, no reason for refusal and I submitted all the required documents and my interview went well. please what do you think I can do. thanks for been there all the time
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 12:34pm On Aug 28, 2014
virgindesy: Mr wip good day , I picked up my passport yesterday at the Turkish embassy and the only thing I saw at the last page of my passport is tr and date I was interviewed. I don't really know what this means...am so sure its not that the visa was granted but if though on refuse base, no reason for refusal and I submitted all the required documents and my interview went well. please what do you think I can do. thanks for been there all the time

Am scared, possibly this case of Ebola could actually affect alot of applicants.....The media in Africa or Nigeria is doing no good and even the various unprofessional blogs from these regions and negative write-ups of some particular elements in Nigeria do more harms to the country image than many can really assume. I left the country i was to TRNC becos the media of TRNC then made it look like heaven even though i never regretted a bit cos i made fortune here as well but when i landed in TRNC is simply a village to my former region. I found my way and works well with me.

To cut the story short, I attended a meeting just in Turkey just few days with some rep of the schools and biz part. about this Ebola, but many people said a lot of untrue things and most of the excerpts are wrong information captured from not-well informed elements in various African forums and unprofessional blogs. I have the message and abstract of the way they painted Africa and Nigeria but i have resulted not to publish it so it wont help other organization to think-alike. Records on my table also shows that 15 EMU applicants have been denied visa as of yesterday.

Am assuming Ebola out-break could be one of the reasons becos measures are already on ground for new students and old students returning back from affected regions at TRNC, so many will be screen on arrival and, furthermore, i do hope full fees payment and age is not factors affecting your chances. Do you pay full year fees and what range of age are you?

From your info above, your visa was not approved. What you can do is contact your school and scan that page to them and ask them to follow up your case with their home office at Istanbul. In most cases, you might have to wait for another 6 months to re-apply. I have pursued similar cases for about 15 applicants in the past and some are NL members and i was able to convince the university and embassy to re-issue the visa for them and they did and the students are here now........unfortunately am getting old now to follow up on these cases but the ways and format i did maybe it could help you were:
I ensured the students paid the right fees, i got all the documents from their agents that applied for them, write professional letter after getting some info from the applicant and convince the rector of the university to understand why the student need to study and ask them to follow up with the embassy and similar were done to the embassy...is a story now.......some of the NL members that had same case i helped are here...if they wish they can contribute as well...........Goodluck!
Re: North Cyprus by virgindesy(m): 12:44pm On Aug 28, 2014
thanks Mr wip ..well I paid half of the tuition fee which is 1350 and am 26 going for associate degree..my age is cool but I think it may be cos of the tuition fee..have mailed the school and send the copy of the page to them..hoping to hear from them soon.thanks so much
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 12:50pm On Aug 28, 2014
virgindesy: thanks Mr wip ..well I paid half of the tuition fee which is 1350 and am 26 going for associate degree..my age is cool but I think it may be cos of the tuition fee..have mailed the school and send the copy of the page to them..hoping to hear from them soon.thanks so much

Let hope for the best...Wish you luck and dont hesitate to follow the uni up with enough calls and emails.
Re: North Cyprus by bukarbi(m): 12:53pm On Aug 28, 2014
@iz2much. I want to study at the university of nicosia and intend to play football as well when out there. Any help?
Re: North Cyprus by zezebabyxoxo: 5:54pm On Aug 28, 2014
Hi,
I would like to know the last date for payment of tuition at EMU. Also, am I to pay for one semester or a full year?
Re: North Cyprus by Iyowuski: 6:44pm On Aug 28, 2014
Oga whip I greet I see u mostly talk abt EMU...pls I av applied for GAU I seem not to be hearing anything here abt d sku is dat d sku is poor/not of standard. Pls I'll want u to tell me anything u kno abt d sku, remember I say please. Just anytin good or bad. Anytin'.....thanks
Re: North Cyprus by Entertainer05: 7:16pm On Aug 28, 2014

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by Iyowuski: 7:23pm On Aug 28, 2014
Entertainer05: Hello guys... I'm writing to share the Success Story of my VISA.

After my interview earlier this month at the embassy, we EMU students were advised to check back later that the school hasn't sent our names. With a *sad face* and loads of money spent already in a space of 10days, I left Abuja hoping and praying that the list gets to the embassy before August ending cos I have already booked my flight ticket to ERCAN... (Yea, I was that positive about the VISA.. Thanks to GOD grin).

Fast forward to Last week Tuesday when Wip7 posted that the list is on its way to Abuja, I smiled and said to myself finally... I contacted the other EMU students i met at the embassy the other time and told them of the good news, funny enough they were all scared of going to Abuja and not meeting the *so-called* list. I laughed it off with them and volunteered to go first and confirm if the list has arrived.

ThankGod for u bro....pls hw is d interview like,wat did dey ask you abt?

I left for Abuja on Sunday, went to the embassy the following day and met another EMU student that was there for the list confirmation too. We were advised to wait till 2pm before they will attend to us since we have already been interviewed before. While we were waiting we got to meet two EMU graduates who gisted us alot about EMU and the lifestyle over there. One of them already has a job in Abuja (For those of you questioning EMU Certificate) while the other came for interview regarding her M.Sc in Turkey. At exactly 2pm, they called on us. I went in and confirmed my name on the list and submitted my Passport & Yellow Card. The attendant told me to check back on Wednesday by 2pm for the outcome.

Happily, I called the other EMU prospective students and informed them of my confirmation. They were happy and started making plans of travelling to Abuja immediately... I slept like a log of wood all through Tuesday dreaming of my Visa that i didn't even remember to eat grin. Wednesday finally arrived, i prepared and left for the embassy by 2pm. After driving round Abuja for some time due to their confusing roads, i arrived the embassy by past 3pm. Luckily for me they were just getting ready to attend to us.

The attendant came out and called some names and went back in. Shockingly, my name wasn't among... I started thinking, does it mean my Visa has been rejected? Everybody who didn't hear his/her name were all in panic. The people who heard their names started going in to know their fate. The first person came out without a Visa, same with the second, third and so on... That minute I got relieved a lil bit. When they were through with them they now announced that everyone who didn't hear his/her name should wait till 4pm.

The day was going down and its past 4pm already yet no response from them... Around 5pm they now came out with loads of passport and started calling names. When the first 3 persons went in and all came out with Visa. Those of us remaining started rejoicing that we're the *Chosen Ones* grin. I heard my name, went in and surely my Visa was there waiting for me after all the turmoil. Phew, I signed beside my name on their list and collected my Passport with Visa and Yellow Card.

I left the embassy placing calls to FAF sharing the good news, had me some nice time with friends that night and slept like a baby. I'm already chilling at home now after a smooth journey from Abuja.

Thanks to Almighty GOD for seeing me through all my endeavours and the ones that are yet to come and also a special thank you to Wip7, Onedebos and every other person who contributed to my success... Goodluck to those who are yet to receive their Visa. Cheers! grin grin grin
Re: North Cyprus by Iyowuski: 7:28pm On Aug 28, 2014

After my interview earlier this month at the embassy, we EMU students were advised to check back later that the school hasn't sent our names. With a *sad face* and loads of money spent already in a space of 10days, I left Abuja hoping and praying that the list gets to the embassy before August ending cos I have already booked my flight ticket to ERCAN... (Yea, I was that positive about the VISA.. Thanks to GOD grin).

Fast forward to Last week Tuesday when Wip7 posted that the list is on its way to Abuja, I smiled and said to myself finally... I contacted the other EMU students i met at the embassy the other time and told them of the good news, funny enough they were all scared of going to Abuja and not meeting the *so-called* list. I laughed it off with them and volunteered to go first and confirm if the list has arrived.

I left for Abuja on Sunday, went to the embassy the following day and met another EMU student that was there for the list confirmation too. We were advised to wait till 2pm before they will attend to us since we have already been interviewed before. While we were waiting we got to meet two EMU graduates who gisted us alot about EMU and the lifestyle over there. One of them already has a job in Abuja (For those of you questioning EMU Certificate) while the other came for interview regarding her M.Sc in Turkey. At exactly 2pm, they called on us. I went in and confirmed my name on the list and submitted my Passport & Yellow Card. The attendant told me to check back on Wednesday by 2pm for the outcome.

Happily, I called the other EMU prospective students and informed them of my confirmation. They were happy and started making plans of travelling to Abuja immediately... I slept like a log of wood all through Tuesday dreaming of my Visa that i didn't even remember to eat grin. Wednesday finally arrived, i prepared and left for the embassy by 2pm. After driving round Abuja for some time due to their confusing roads, i arrived the embassy by past 3pm. Luckily for me they were just getting ready to attend to us.

The attendant came out and called some names and went back in. Shockingly, my name wasn't among... I started thinking, does it mean my Visa has been rejected? Everybody who didn't hear his/her name were all in panic. The people who heard their names started going in to know their fate. The first person came out without a Visa, same with the second, third and so on... That minute I got relieved a lil bit. When they were through with them they now announced that everyone who didn't hear his/her name should wait till 4pm.

The day was going down and its past 4pm already yet no response from them... Around 5pm they now came out with loads of passport and started calling names. When the first 3 persons went in and all came out with Visa. Those of us remaining started rejoicing that we're the *Chosen Ones* grin. I heard my name, went in and surely my Visa was there waiting for me after all the turmoil. Phew, I signed beside my name on their list and collected my Passport with Visa and Yellow Card.

I left the embassy placing calls to FAF sharing the good news, had me some nice time with friends that night and slept like a baby. I'm already chilling at home now after a smooth journey from Abuja.

Thanks to Almighty GOD for seeing me through all my endeavours and the ones that are yet to come and also a special thank you to Wip7, Onedebos and every other person who contributed to my success... Goodluck to those who are yet to receive their Visa. Cheers! grin grin grin

ThankGod for u...how was the interview like nd wat question shud one xpet
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 7:38pm On Aug 28, 2014
Thanks to Almighty GOD for seeing me through all my endeavours and the ones that are yet to come and also a special thank you to Wip7, .. Goodluck to those who are yet to receive their Visa. Cheers! grin grin grin

Congrats and wish you well...When you get to the Island try to focus on why you are here, pay more attention to develop yourself than spending time on childish or short-term groups, projects or unproductive meetings! There are lots of distractions here but when u know your onion you will know how to select! help me bring alomo bitter when you are coming !!! grin cry (kidding as usual!)
Re: North Cyprus by Iyowuski: 7:47pm On Aug 28, 2014
wip7:

Congrats and wish you well...When you get to the Island try to focus on why you are here, pay more attention to develop yourself than spending time on childish or short-term groups, projects or unproductive meetings! There are lots of distractions here but when u know your onion you will know how to select! help me bring alomo bitter when you are coming !!! grin cry (kidding as usual!)

Oga whip... Pls respond to me na.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 7:53pm On Aug 28, 2014
Iyowuski: Oga whip I greet I see u mostly talk abt EMU...pls I av applied for GAU I seem not to be hearing anything here abt d sku is dat d sku is poor/not of standard. Pls I'll want u to tell me anything u kno abt d sku, remember I say please. Just anytin good or bad. Anytin'.....thanks

GAU is a great university although private and they dont admit students with very low grades like CIU does. But dont expect to see big structure or flamboyant facilities as their website portrays.
Re: North Cyprus by Iyowuski: 8:01pm On Aug 28, 2014
wip7:

GAU is a great university although private and they dont admit students with very low grades like CIU does. But dont expect to see big structure or flamboyant facilities as their website portrays.

Ah dats bad so oyinbo dey do wayo too...,any way thanks I will take d 1st tin u said abt dem being a grt uni.. Thank you very much hope 2see u wen I get 2 trnc
Re: North Cyprus by Entertainer05: 8:04pm On Aug 28, 2014
Iyowuski: ....

ThankGod for u...how was the interview like nd wat question shud one xpet

Nothing much.. Just 1 or 2 questions from the list penroll55 listed above
Re: North Cyprus by Iyowuski: 8:11pm On Aug 28, 2014
trojanni: tnks alot mehn.

Baba penroll I greet....hw ar fees paid per semester or per year....hw many semestr do skus dia run per academic year. Abeg, pls rply me
Re: North Cyprus by Entertainer05: 8:15pm On Aug 28, 2014
wip7:

Yesboss... I'll definitely get you the Alomo
Re: North Cyprus by penroll55(m): 6:46am On Aug 29, 2014
wip7:

Oga wip, nice advice but the truth is that they will act like they listen to the advice and after a month in the island they change automatically....at times i wonder if there is a spirit abroad changing them but on a second thought i was not changed so no spirit lol.
Re: North Cyprus by penroll55(m): 6:53am On Aug 29, 2014
Iyowuski:

Baba penroll I greet....hw ar fees paid per semester or per year....hw many semestr do skus dia run per academic year. Abeg, pls rply me

Boss fees are paid per semester but if you want to pay per year or till you graduate at once no one will stop you and also you can pay installmentally(monthly) but it will be more than normal fees. They have 2 semester per academic year which is fall and spring semester but you can take summer school if you wish to graduate on time.
Re: North Cyprus by penroll55(m): 6:55am On Aug 29, 2014
virgindesy: thanks Mr wip ..well I paid half of the tuition fee which is 1350 and am 26 going for associate degree..my age is cool but I think it may be cos of the tuition fee..have mailed the school and send the copy of the page to them..hoping to hear from them soon.thanks so much

Also try calling the school not just mail because most times they dont read their mails or even reply when they do.
Re: North Cyprus by Iyowuski: 7:35am On Aug 29, 2014
penroll55:

Boss fees are paid per semester but if you want to pay per year or till you graduate at once no one will stop you and also you can pay installmentally(monthly) but it will be more than normal fees. They have 2 semester per academic year which is fall and spring semester but you can take summer school if you wish to graduate on time.

Thanx baba penroll....I applied @ GAU na. Visa stuff remain help me pray o . Thanks once again for ur response
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 7:53am On Aug 29, 2014
penroll55:

Oga wip, nice advice but the truth is that they will act like they listen to the advice and after a month in the island they change automatically....at times i wonder if there is a spirit abroad changing them but on a second thought i was not changed so no spirit lol.

Yeah i wonder too but what can we say...just to still advice ooo...

(1) (2) (3) ... (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) ... (356)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.