Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,466 members, 7,830,345 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:02 PM

North Cyprus - Travel (213) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / North Cyprus (771880 Views)

Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. / Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) / About To Fly To North Cyprus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) ... (356) (Go Down)

Re: North Cyprus by lexycool01(m): 6:50pm On Dec 26, 2015
What she has just done is to make GODSONG more popular. I thing everyone now know him.

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 7:14pm On Dec 26, 2015
@Presh18
My sis,just get over it,mentioning monikers won't solve all this brouhaha,daway o,godsong o,just forget about it since you couldn't prove your allegations,let this thread be back to normal,since there is bad blood between you and godsong about admission,kindly contact Wip7,the man will solve it for you,I have passed through him on several occassions with no hassle,let peace reign.
Re: North Cyprus by daway: 7:17pm On Dec 26, 2015
smh, what kind of person are u sef presh18...pls post the screenshot where i said shit about godson.

u are just a thrash if u don't
Dreamcome2ru:

My sis,just get over it,mentioning monikers won't solve all this brouhaha,daway o,godsong o,just forget about it since you couldn't prove your allegations,let this thread be back to normal,since there is bad blood between you and godsong about admission,kindly contact Wip7,the man will solve it for you,I have passed through him on several occassions with no hassle,let peace reign.
Re: North Cyprus by worry359(m): 7:28pm On Dec 26, 2015
Looks like the wrath of god Mr justwise has deleted our friend! grin
Re: North Cyprus by sobastical: 8:18pm On Dec 26, 2015
worry359:
Looks like the wrath of god Mr justwise has deleted our friend! grin

Hahaha...it's unfair oo our friend with Nokia asha 501
Re: North Cyprus by penroll55(m): 9:13pm On Dec 26, 2015
godsong:
you have issues , I don't have time and am not as idle as you are and wount waste more time on this issue, people pay people to get them admission and I do it for free everyone I have helped here I have helped for free without charges, oh now it's me encouraging people to use fake documents at the embassy ? this is clearly business related issue, I understand lots of people are competing to help students get admission because of the commission involved , I don't know why people get jealous so easily, it started with me getting students and now this.i wount stress on this issue anymore.
You always claim you helped people here for free....wipe help a lot of people and they come here to testify to that and thank him but never have I read for once someone referencing you for helping them....
At least that contacted you from here would have come back also to thank you so others will but none ever did till this allegation is up
Re: North Cyprus by penroll55(m): 9:34pm On Dec 26, 2015
diportivo:
Godsong,chill out jare

Im surprised u av the time to be trading words to this extent......

This person cant even express his/herself thoroughly and u r wondering why u r being mistaken for someone else?

Its a no-brainer

Free?is there really free stuffs? Like very free?

Whats too good to be true,is actually too good to be true
You don't have to tell godson to chill cus this is a serious allegation and since the accuser don't have proof to show its best for godson to try all means to clear his name if really he is not guilty.
Re: North Cyprus by penroll55(m): 9:43pm On Dec 26, 2015
When i first emailed that guy i was suprisd when he caled ur name,that was why i emailed u in the first place,i hate to be seen as a liar,hvnt acusd anyone dis way bfr,am using asha 501 for now have been trying to screen shot and send not working,u guys have reason to doubt me but am gone prove my alegations right because seing is believing,i wnt talk futher.
If am not wrong on one of your earlier post you said you are using smart phone so you can't download xe currency converter (which I overlooked and that's why I tried to pm you to know if your a kid or thinks people here are kids) and suddenly now you are using asha 501.
Foul play is going on here but we need to get to the bottom to know if godson is guilty or if you just accusing him cus you needed attention
Re: North Cyprus by iyb(m): 11:57pm On Dec 27, 2015
@wip7 please how does one request for his transcript to be sent to another school from emu when you have graduated and no longer in the island but back in nigeria.
thank you
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 12:24am On Dec 28, 2015
iyb:
@wip7 please how does one request for his transcript to be sent to another school from emu when you have graduated and no longer in the island but back in nigeria.
thank you

Two options you have:

1. Write a mail to the registrar requesting for an official transcript and include details of where to be dispatched to. The registrar office will require 50TL for the transcript, and you will be responsible for the courier cost to the destination as well.

2. Request for an official transcript by emailing the registrar your details, in your letter, ask the transcript be released officially in the sealed envelope to a known person/entity. Then, the person will go with another letter that you must have signed and copy sent to the registrar. After he or she picks it, then the person can post it to the destination for you.
Re: North Cyprus by iyb(m): 1:04am On Dec 28, 2015
wip7:

Two options you have:
1. Write a mail to the registrar requesting for an official transcript and include details of where to be dispatched to. The registrar office will require 50TL for the transcript, and you will be responsible for the courier cost to the destination as well.
2. Request for an official transcript by emailing the registrar your details, in your letter, ask the transcript be released officially in the sealed envelope to a known person/entity. Then, the person will go with another letter that you must have signed and copy sent to the registrar. After he or she picks it, then the person can post it to the destination for you.
thanks i will do that
Re: North Cyprus by godsong(f): 3:32pm On Dec 28, 2015
EFFECTIVE WAYS TO CUT DOWN ACCOMODATION COST IN NORTH CYPRUS.

Standard Dom accommodation (a room with 4 beds for 4 occupants and you will share bathroom ,toilet and kitchen with people on that floor)cost €900 per semester + €200 deposit =€1100 or €1400 + €200 for two semesters, plus an additional €600 for summer =€2200 or N440k a year for accommodation @ Near East University.
The other option is to get an accommodation off campus.perferably a 3bedroon also known as 3+1 here in Cyprus. (It has toilet bathroom, it's fully furnished with A.C, washing machine, oven , Gas cooker etc) and that cost range €375 - €450 a month. ( I am using euro due to the school mode of payment, it's usually in pounds or Turkish Lira but that's the equivalent. That's about €4500 - €5400 a year plus the usual 1month rent deposit and 1month agency fee, that's €5250 - €6300 a year, the rent deposit will be collected when leaving as long as you don't damage anything and there are usuall electricity bill and water bill monthly.
Now the point is 4 people share a room in the Dom and they pay €2200 a year which is a total of €8800 a year with less comfort, that's €2950 - €1900 more than a 3+1 with more comfort. The main deal is that most average students here share a room which means €5250 - €6300 could be shared between 6 people.
If it's been shared between 6people = €875 - €1050 a year for accommodation, that means you will be saving a lot.
The school always provides free 3days accommodation to new students after been picked at the airport. The 3days is used to decide if you will stay in the dorm or look for an accommodation off campus. The only catch is you will need little time get to know your way around here but you can't get lost.
Outside accommodations are been paid monthly, some landlords take 2-6months rent.
I hope this helps someone out there.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: North Cyprus by lexycool01(m): 8:52am On Dec 29, 2015
Hi Everyone,
i want to know how important is authentication at the ministry of foreign affair cos i av read on previous post that turkish embassy do not care about ministry of foreign affairs. Below is an exerpt of document to come with sent to me by embassy after appointment approval:
*9.* Proof of basic education, *copies* of graduation diploma and
certificates (W.A.S.C., S.S.C.E., Statement of Result, etc.) duly *signed
and approved by the Federal Ministry of Education and the Ministry of
Foreign Affairs* thereafter,
*10.* Proof of BA education, copy of university graduation diploma duly
signed and approved by the Federal Ministry of Education and the Ministry
of Foreign Affairs thereafter.(For master students),
Thanks
Re: North Cyprus by penroll55(m): 9:41am On Dec 29, 2015
lexycool01:
Hi Everyone,
i want to know how important is authentication at the ministry of foreign affair cos i av read on previous post that turkish embassy do not care about ministry of foreign affairs. Below is an exerpt of document to come with sent to me by embassy after appointment approval:
Thanks
Time past ministry of foreign affairs was not needed nor included on the list but since it's included on the requirements now then you have to do it and consider it as important.
Re: North Cyprus by lexycool01(m): 9:49am On Dec 29, 2015
How many days to interview can i get to abuja to get the authentication done
penroll55:

Time past ministry of foreign affairs was not needed nor included on the list but since it's included on the requirements now then you have to do it and consider it as important.
Re: North Cyprus by Xtargold(f): 10:25am On Dec 29, 2015
lexycool01:
Hi Everyone,
Thanks
When did you apply,have the names been sent to the embassy?
Re: North Cyprus by penroll55(m): 11:44am On Dec 29, 2015
lexycool01:
How many days to interview can i get to abuja to get the authentication done
As to how many days I can't say because it depends on the population at the ministries.

I will advice since you free now you can and do it so if it takes u more days to do it you won't be disturbed or fall victim to those guys there looking for easy money,but if you wish to go during your interview time then go at lease 5 days to your interview so you will be sure you can do it before your interview day(during my time it took me 3 days just to do only ministry of education cus then no need for foreign affairs) and make sure you go to the ministry as early as possible so you can be among those to be attended to on time.
Re: North Cyprus by penroll55(m): 11:47am On Dec 29, 2015
Xtargold:

If you apply to emu,name have not been sent. Wip normally inform those for emu when names have been sent. For other schools no information yet but you can mail them directly to get the details you need or call them
Re: North Cyprus by lexycool01(m): 2:08pm On Dec 29, 2015
It depends on ur school so make sure u get in contact them. My interview is scheduled for jan 11. Which school did u apply to
Xtargold:

Re: North Cyprus by Xtargold(f): 2:26pm On Dec 29, 2015
lexycool01:
It depends on ur school so make sure u get in contact them. My interview is scheduled for jan 11. Which school did u apply to
CIU
Re: North Cyprus by lexycool01(m): 2:34pm On Dec 29, 2015
Okay. Connect them and hope u av gotten ur acceptance letter
Xtargold:

CIU
Re: North Cyprus by barack32(m): 5:22pm On Dec 29, 2015
hello.. I got admitted into GAU and i have gotten my provisional acceptance letter and i have applied for visa for 2weeks now and i was told turkish embassy has closed down all there appointments for this year, so i applied travelling date january 4th , and up till now i havent gotten an appointment date , any one have same problem with me? Going to GAU Next year fall spring
Re: North Cyprus by Phhconnect(m): 5:22pm On Dec 29, 2015
Implementation of a new procedure for visa interview appointment
Applicants seeking for a Turkish visa are now required to log in www.visa.gov.tr to place an appointment request as from January 5, 2016.

Also, current health insurance including the duration of their staying in Turkey, is also demanded in addition to the documents requested before.

lt is possible to reach the information notes about visa on http://www.mfa.gov.tr/visa-information-for-foreigners.en.mfa and http://abuja.be.mfa.gov.tr/AgencyInfoNotes.aspx prepared in English language.

Due to high number of visa applications, applicants are advised to place their appointment at least 8 weeks before their prospective travel dates.

Applicants will be automatically notified about the appointment date shortly after required information is entered into the system.

Applicants are strictly advised to book only one (1) appointment within one month.

Thanks for your usual cooperation,

NB: Received from the Embassy of the Republic of Turkey
Re: North Cyprus by davidgreener: 8:42pm On Dec 29, 2015
Seasons greetings!!!

Plenty drama in the house, lol.
Make sure you check any item(s) given to you at home/airport ooo....

Make sure you are financially stable or you have a strong financial back up at home..
Those coming to lefkosa (C.I.U & N.E.U), Rent off campus is in Pound sterling.. you can get a 3+1 (350-400pounds), 2+1(300-350) well furnished.. Most times, you are expected to pay straight 6months rent, extra 1/2month(s) deposit and agent fee(which is one month rent) making it a total of 8/9months (e.g 300*9=2700pounds, excluding utility bills)..
Some of our brothers here have made things difficult for the fresh, innocent ones like us..lol, what do I mean?
Some landlords would rather rent their apartments to a Zimbabwean than a Nigerian, Some banks will never open accounts for Nigerians..

Funny enough, our Zimbabwean sisters wey dey do rons (winks) for here, tell their clients that they are from Nigeria..Can you imagine?

Goodluck & Safe trip.. smiley
Re: North Cyprus by barack32(m): 10:37pm On Dec 29, 2015
can someone rent a house down while in nigeria? In girne cos i dont think there are left overs (dormitory) in the school yet

i need answers
Re: North Cyprus by Ugochux(m): 12:03am On Dec 30, 2015
barack32:
can someone rent a house down while in nigeria? In girne cos i dont think there are left overs (dormitory) in the school yet

i need answers

You must find an apartment/room to rent..so just chill!
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 1:59pm On Dec 30, 2015
Happy New Year in Advance!

Re: North Cyprus by godsong(f): 2:46pm On Dec 30, 2015
barack32:

i need answers
I'll advice you come here first and make sure you meet with landlord before any payment and try to shine your eyes oo.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 9:53am On Dec 31, 2015
New Year's Greetings To All Our Prospective Students

The first batch of names from EMU arrived at Turkish Embassy today, all students that have paid and got confirmation letters until 27th December, the details have arrived embassy in all Turkish embassy in Africa.

For METU applicants,
The second list has been dispatched to the embassy and last day for application for Spring 2016 is January 15th.

(1) (2) (3) ... (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) ... (356)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.