Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,193 members, 7,815,161 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:23 AM

North Cyprus - Travel (214) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / North Cyprus (768741 Views)

Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. / Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) / About To Fly To North Cyprus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) ... (356) (Go Down)

Re: North Cyprus by terrywales: 9:20pm On Dec 31, 2015
Happy new year to Mr Wip, Justwise, godsong,daway and all the member of this forum. I wish you a fruitful year ahead.

2 Likes

Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 10:26pm On Dec 31, 2015
terrywales:
Happy new year to Mr Wip, Justwise, godsong,daway and all the member of this forum. I wish you a fruitful year ahead.

Happy New Year..Wish you new days filled with blessings and happiness!

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by gadafi101(m): 10:23am On Jan 01, 2016
Hello Mrwip. Happy New year to you.

Please i would like to know if there r folks in Nicosia who could help students der with their masters project /thesis?

Thanks.
Re: North Cyprus by justwise(m): 10:48am On Jan 01, 2016
terrywales:

Wishing you the very best this year
Re: North Cyprus by worry359(m): 11:05am On Jan 01, 2016
gadafi101:
Please i would like to know if there r folks in Nicosia who could help students der with their masters project /thesis?
Thanks.

What do you want to do?
Buy a thesis?
Copy some one else?
Get someone to write it for you?
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 1:40pm On Jan 01, 2016
gadafi101:

Thanks.

Happy New Year Sir/Ma.

Do you mean their academic supervisors or what kind of help? I don't know anybody that helps graduate students other than their supervisors or more experienced person can also guide freely.......or what do you mean?

All graduate students are assigned supervisors/co-supervisor and if a student requires any assistant, those are in the best position to guide them. Each student must be fit to undertake any research/project assigned, conduct the research/investigate, obtain data, analyse, interpret and write formally.

If such students have difficulties with languages, can employ the service of language editor or language editor software's. Each University has its format for thesis, then such student should consult the graduate department to learn about the styles and formatting. In some cases, the students can meet older graduate students that have passed this stage for guidance after consultation with his/her supervisor.

In summary: all graduate students must perform the research themselves, interpret, analyse and write....Anything short of these, must not be tolerated and will be referred to as fraud and academic dishonesty.

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 10:23am On Jan 02, 2016
Applications for permanent residence permit and white cards have begun

The Interior and Labour Ministry has started to accept applications for permanent residence permits. With the new regulation, those who have a continuous 6 years work permit and business establishment permit will be able to apply for a permanent residence permit and will acquire the right to become a citizen after 15 years. People who have a permanent residence permit, will not require an annual work permit. White Card identity, which is given to the people who gain the right for a permanent residence permit can also be used for entries and exits to the country.

NB: The “white card” holders will have the right to receive an “unemployment insurance wage” for six months.
The fee for the “permanent residence permit” will be 2.000 Turkish liras (TL).

Hurry and apply today!
Re: North Cyprus by gadafi101(m): 12:06pm On Jan 02, 2016
wip7:

Happy New Year Sir/Ma.

Do you mean their academic supervisors or what kind of help? I don't know anybody that helps graduate students other than their supervisors or more experienced person can also guide freely.......or what do you mean?

All graduate students are assigned supervisors/co-supervisor and if a student requires any assistant, those are in the best position to guide them. Each student must be fit to undertake any research/project assigned, conduct the research/investigate, obtain data, analyse, interpret and write formally.

If such students have difficulties with languages, can employ the service of language editor or language editor software's. Each University has its format for thesis, then such student should consult the graduate department to learn about the styles and formatting. In some cases, the students can meet older graduate students that have passed this stage for guidance after consultation with his/her supervisor.

In summary: all graduate students must perform the research themselves, interpret, analyse and write....Anything short of these, must not be tolerated and will be referred to as fraud and academic dishonesty.

Thank u Mrwip.

Thanks for the detailed response.

I actually meant the student, coming up with the research or project topic, in collaboration with his/her supervisor, and kinda outsource d entire work to someone else who gets paid for the work.

Not necessarily considering academic dishonesty, but purely outsourcing.

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by gadafi101(m): 12:07pm On Jan 02, 2016
wip7:
Applications for permanent residence permit and white cards have begun

The Interior and Labour Ministry has started to accept applications for permanent residence permits. With the new regulation, those who have a continuous 6 years work permit and business establishment permit will be able to apply for a permanent residence permit and will acquire the right to become a citizen after 15 years. People who have a permanent residence permit, will not require an annual work permit. White Card identity, which is given to the people who gain the right for a permanent residence permit can also be used for entries and exits to the country.

NB: The “white card” holders will have the right to receive an “unemployment insurance wage” for six months.
The fee for the “permanent residence permit” will be 2.000 Turkish liras (TL).

Hurry and apply today!

For a student coming to Nicosia in August this year for an 18 months masters program, how does that person attain permanent residence after his/her program?
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 1:04pm On Jan 02, 2016
gadafi101:

Thank u Mrwip.

Thanks for the detailed response.

I actually meant the student, coming up with the research or project topic, in collaboration with his/her supervisor, and kinda outsource d entire work to someone else who gets paid for the work.

Not necessarily considering academic dishonesty, but purely outsourcing.

Ok, I get your point now. So let me explain how the outsourcing won't work for students that really want to get the knowledge and make use of it.

Currently, Am an Assistant Professor, and my work is based on chemical research (Nanomaterials, Env-biomedical and Pharmaceutical applications). I have gotten a funded research project for two-three years with Turkish Govt, and we have to give reports every six months on how we spend the money, the research progress and reports in the form of paper publications (articles or book, series), national and international conferences. From the project funds, I have to assign salary and pay tuition of my graduate students working under this project and if we succeed we would be able to apply for more projects, more academic progress (skills, exposure and experience) and the bank will keep growing FATS grin grin

Now, if i take in a student to work in this project and such student outsourced the work to another person;
...How will the person carry on the project? Since external persons are not allowed into my lab.
...How will the said students increase his/her research skills and be independent to stand on his/her own?
...If such person outsourced the work, how will he or she present at international conferences and write an acceptable manuscript for paper publications?
....Will such person be referred to as an expert or graduate when he or she obtained the certificate?

So outsourcing academic research is academic dishonesty, fraud and no reasonable supervisors will accept that. Since one of the requirements for graduation is researched thesis/project, then if outsourced such person is not qualified to graduate.

However, companies and some laboratories do outsource their projects to a cheaper, highly equipped or more experienced research groups. And this is ethical provided an agreement is reached, and the reason behind the project is defined. This is totally different from student's thesis/project.

Lastly, I don't think such is common in this region but it may be existing and possibly easy for non-science based programs!.

3 Likes

Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 1:12pm On Jan 02, 2016
gadafi101:

For a student coming to Nicosia in August this year for an 18 months masters program, how does that person attain permanent residence after his/her program?

To obtain PR, the person must have finished studies and legally employed for a certain period to qualify. So, you need to secure work permit first and after the prescribed period you get to apply for the white card!

I met some Pakistani days back that have never studied here but because they have working permits for years; they qualified for that and submitted their applications.

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 1:13pm On Jan 02, 2016
FOR THOSE INTERESTED TO STUDY IN EMU AND METU TOWARDS SPRING 2016

The last day for application is 15th of January!
Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 12:18am On Jan 03, 2016
Hello Team,

What is the process for departure after completion of study? I have a relative that is currently bogged down after completion of studies.

Waiting for your replies.
Re: North Cyprus by adetoola: 3:32pm On Jan 05, 2016
Please guys, my uncle is trying to type the sponsorship letter but the issue am having is that I don't know who to address it to . Can someone please enlighten me on how to go about that?

This is all i know

"To the Turkish Embassy"
------
------
--------
What will i put underneath?
Thanks
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 4:07pm On Jan 05, 2016
attehwole:
Hello Team,

What is the process for departure after completion of study? I have a relative that is currently bogged down after completion of studies.

Waiting for your replies.

There is/are no special procedure/s to depart the island after graduation. Main things graduate do is to ensure they are not owing the university. After or before graduation, all prospective graduates will be served clearance form (the form has information about accommodation, library and fees). As soon as the students get all necessary signatures, such student will get his/her diploma/certificate on graduation date and proceed to the Turkish embassy and ministry of education to get the transcripts/diploma attested.

grin grin A student can only be bogged down if such student is owing the university, lost some books borrowed from the library, on the wanted list for fraudulent activities or decide to bog him/herself down by enjoying the cool breeze of the island!

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by godsong(f): 6:52pm On Jan 05, 2016
adetoola:
Please guys, my uncle is trying to type the sponsorship letter but the issue am having is that I don't know who to address it to . Can someone please enlighten me on how to go about that?

This is all i know

"To the Turkish Embassy"
------
------
--------
Thanks
I'd ratter advice to to tell him to write the letter,stating he will sponsor you through out your studies and you should also state that you wount seek for job or schorlaship from any institution.
Then let him take the details to the typist at the court premises, they will put it in their format, make sure you both sign.
it would be taking to the right authorities for signing and stamping. It's about 700-1000k to get it done in Lagos.It wount be addressed to the embassy.
Re: North Cyprus by penroll55(m): 8:34pm On Jan 05, 2016
adetoola:

This is all i know

"To the Turkish Embassy"
------
------
--------
Thanks
Since the requirement for the sponsorship letter is from the embassy,it should be address to the Turkish embassy stating,little details of what he does(like where he works or if he is the owner of dash company), that he will be sponsoring you all all through your studies and you won't be a Borden to school and country and all dues or fees will be paid as of when due. This is just an idea not the formal write up.

The letter is required to be signed and stamp by a notary public(from the requirement a seal not just a stamp unless it has change ).

Good luck with your interview and happy new year

2 Likes

Re: North Cyprus by gadafi101(m): 6:18am On Jan 06, 2016
wip7:

Ok, I get your point now. So let me explain how the outsourcing won't work for students that really want to get the knowledge and make use of it.

Currently, Am an Assistant Professor, and my work is based on chemical research (Nanomaterials, Env-biomedical and Pharmaceutical applications). I have gotten a funded research project for two-three years with Turkish Govt, and we have to give reports every six months on how we spend the money, the research progress and reports in the form of paper publications (articles or book, series), national and international conferences. From the project funds, I have to assign salary and pay tuition of my graduate students working under this project and if we succeed we would be able to apply for more projects, more academic progress (skills, exposure and experience) and the bank will keep growing FATS grin grin

Now, if i take in a student to work in this project and such student outsourced the work to another person;
...How will the person carry on the project? Since external persons are not allowed into my lab.
...How will the said students increase his/her research skills and be independent to stand on his/her own?
...If such person outsourced the work, how will he or she present at international conferences and write an acceptable manuscript for paper publications?
....Will such person be referred to as an expert or graduate when he or she obtained the certificate?

So outsourcing academic research is academic dishonesty, fraud and no reasonable supervisors will accept that. Since one of the requirements for graduation is researched thesis/project, then if outsourced such person is not qualified to graduate.

However, companies and some laboratories do outsource their projects to a cheaper, highly equipped or more experienced research groups. And this is ethical provided an agreement is reached, and the reason behind the project is defined. This is totally different from student's thesis/project.

Lastly, I don't think such is common in this region but it may be existing and possibly easy for non-science based programs!.

Thank you Mrwip.

My questions have been answered. What an insightful response.

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 8:59am On Jan 06, 2016
gadafi101:

Thank you Mrwip.

My questions have been answered. What an insightful response.

Thank you so much for understanding it. Kudos!
Re: North Cyprus by Diamond150: 6:03pm On Jan 07, 2016
Hi everyone,=D> to mr wip,penroll for helping nigerian's free of charge,God bless you all,have heard much testimonies,you guys are blessings to humanity.please i want to apply nursing in NEU for fall semster,,thanks.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 6:17pm On Jan 07, 2016
Diamond150:
Hi everyone,=D> to mr wip,penroll for helping nigerian's free of charge,God bless you all,have heard much testimonies,you guys are blessings to humanity.please i want to apply nursing in NEU for fall semster,,thanks.

Admission for the Fall semester is still far away. Kindly take your time now to visit the university website, read about the program, the fees, and accommodation. Also, visit the page for prospective students and learn more on what you need for the admission and procedure. After, then you can visit here for questions and suggestions!

Best wishes!
Re: North Cyprus by Diamond150: 8:12am On Jan 08, 2016
Okey thanks for the info,am grateful.

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by SAMUELS3(m): 3:07pm On Jan 08, 2016
Good day to you all,

Is it possible to get admission for masters for September 2016 intake at any Cyprus Universities now?
Re: North Cyprus by penroll55(m): 5:30pm On Jan 08, 2016
Re: North Cyprus by penroll55(m): 5:32pm On Jan 08, 2016
SAMUELS3:
Good day to you all,

Is it possible to get admission for masters for September 2016 intake at any Cyprus Universities now?
No it's not possible because spring admission is still going on . If any school admission system will be open for that September session,decision on your admission won't be made till around May/June or later.

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 1:00pm On Jan 09, 2016
FOR METU APPLICANTS

Re: North Cyprus by adeyemi97(m): 3:33pm On Jan 09, 2016
adetoola:

@UgMartins1
Please what bank did you use in making the deposit of €1000 Which will allow the school(CIU) to send the unconditional acceptance letter?Skye bank has not be able to do mine for the past 2 weeks. Where did you do yours so that i can go there and do mine also? Thanks
I used Ecobank and they got it within 3 working days
Re: North Cyprus by SAMUELS3(m): 8:02pm On Jan 09, 2016
penroll55:

No it's not possible because spring admission is still going on . If any school admission system will be open for that September session,decision on your admission won't be made till around May/June or later.

Ok thank you.
Re: North Cyprus by walesjyde: 3:05am On Jan 10, 2016
house please i need information regarding this... i did a three year program from NIIT and want to transfer to EMU to get my Bachelors degree which i think should take me a semester... but im 28 years of age.. im i eligible to get admission into this prestigious university, cos since i got my cert and my transcript from NIIT i have working and now i need to further my schooling. And if im not eligible to gain admission into EMU, which school in Cyprus can take me with my age.

Thanks, waiting for a favorable response
Re: North Cyprus by penroll55(m): 8:45am On Jan 10, 2016
walesjyde:
house please i need information regarding this... i did a three year program from NIIT and want to transfer to EMU to get my Bachelors degree which i think should take me a semester... but im 28 years of age.. im i eligible to get admission into this prestigious university, cos since i got my cert and my transcript from NIIT i have working and now i need to further my schooling. And if im not eligible to gain admission into EMU, which school in Cyprus can take me with my age.

Thanks, waiting for a favorable response
It's not possible for you to transfer with NIIT and do just one year,the least you can do is one and half years and that depends on the number of course that will be exempted for you and how well you do in those courses,also,NIIT transcript still not fully accepted unlike aptech because lot of student from NIIT have issues and most times they only remove just one year for them(meaning they have 3 more years to go).

For your age,EMU have maximum age restriction for undergraduate as 25 but you can apply and if accepted then you have to prepare a strong reason to give the embassy why you going for undergraduate now at that age which I believe you should be able to get from your little writeup.
Aside EMU, some other schools like CIU might accept you despite your age but the issue then will be embassy.

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 12:21pm On Jan 10, 2016
penroll55:

It's not possible for you to transfer with NIIT and do just one year,the least you can do is one and half years and that depends on the number of course that will be exempted for you and how well you do in those courses,also,NIIT transcript still not fully accepted unlike aptech because lot of student from NIIT have issues and most times they only remove just one year for them(meaning they have 3 more years to go).

For your age,EMU have maximum age restriction for undergraduate as 25 but you can apply and if accepted then you have to prepare a strong reason to give the embassy why you going for undergraduate now at that age which I believe you should be able to get from your little writeup.
Aside EMU, some other schools like CIU might accept you despite your age but the issue then will be embassy.

Correct!
Re: North Cyprus by lexycool01(m): 5:58pm On Jan 10, 2016
Having went through alot of stress traveling down to Abuja 4rm lagos since last week just to ensure i get all document ready for inteview tomorow jan11. All hotel money don go down d drain. I got this message 4rm the embassy now
* Please how do i get medical insurance for my stay in turkey, its now part of the embassy's requirement

*Be warned please,*
*Implementation of a new procedure for visa interview appointment,*
This is to notify all visa applicants about our new visa application
procedure.
All applicants must apply for visa appointment date by logging on to
www.visa.gov.trfor an interview date. Visa application form must be filled
online which includes all the details about the applicant and upload hir or
her passport photograhp. The old visa form is not applicable for visa
process anymore.
The fiilled visa form must be printed out for submission on the interview
date together with other necessary documents.
*Embassy of the Republic of Turkey*
On 24 December 2015 at 11:51, Turkish Embassy Abuja Visa Section <

(1) (2) (3) ... (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) ... (356)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.