Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,636 members, 7,809,391 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:40 AM

North Cyprus - Travel (223) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / North Cyprus (767628 Views)

Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. / Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) / About To Fly To North Cyprus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) ... (356) (Go Down)

Re: North Cyprus by jidoex66(m): 12:41pm On Mar 25, 2016
matosan:

Hello. pls are u a student at ciu? Do u need a room mate off campus? Looking for accomodation.
Yea am a student at CIU.
Re: North Cyprus by matosan: 12:51pm On Mar 25, 2016
Re: North Cyprus by matosan: 1:30pm On Mar 25, 2016
lexycool01:
My experience in North Cyprus for less than a month has been good, i enjoy my lectures and i can say that i received the value of the tuition fee paid. Their education is far better than that of Nigeria. it has not being easy battling with the low value of Naira and the withdrawer limit of my debit cards, sometimes when i think about the exchange rate i feel very reluctant to buy so many things but now i have stopped that.

I wanted to be scammed by my fellow Nigerian when searching for accommodation , the guy has a accumulated electric and water bill unpaid and wanted to receive money for the rent so that he can pay for his debt and park-out of the house. By God grace one of his friend called me secretly not to give him any money and revealed all his plans to me.i also feel sad when i see and hear about the actions of our Nigerian girls here.

@ Mr Wip i plan to travel to turkey during summer so as so avoid the hash weather condition but someone told me that getting Turkish visa is easy but i can only be giving few weeks visa. i want to stay in turkey throughout the break.

Thanks

Pls do you need a room mate? Looking for accommodation urgently.
Re: North Cyprus by ToseroRock(f): 12:40pm On Mar 29, 2016
Why not stay in their hostel? Or are there reasons why u don't wanna stay there...kindly share pls...
Re: North Cyprus by HelloT: 11:35am On Mar 30, 2016
Hi @wip7 Hope you enjoyed your Easter holidays? please I just started my online application to University of Nicosia. Want to know you have contacts there and if you could help guide me along or recommend someone to (Basically can you render the kind of help you give to people applying to Emu to me?) if you can not help with University of Nicosia, is there any Uni in the south of Cyprus you can help someone who has all the necessary documents get into? the reason I want to go through you is cos you made life easy for everyone applying to EMU and the Unis you have access to.
Please I need your help with any Uni you can recommend for me in South Cyprus. My reason for choosing south Cyprus is cos it's in Europe, I love travelling and would love to travel to as many European countries as I can during my 4 year stay. Money is not an issue.. have business that brings in money weekly for me so I just need a school in the south that getting into won't stress me that much. Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 9:13pm On Mar 30, 2016
HelloT:
Hi @wip7 Hope you enjoyed your Easter holidays? please I just started my online application to University of Nicosia. Want to know you have contacts there and if you could help guide me along or recommend someone to (Basically can you render the kind of help you give to people applying to Emu to me?) if you can not help with University of Nicosia, is there any Uni in the south of Cyprus you can help someone who has all the necessary documents get into? the reason I want to go through you is cos you made life easy for everyone applying to EMU and the Unis you have access to.
Please I need your help with any Uni you can recommend for me in South Cyprus. My reason for choosing south Cyprus is cos it's in Europe, I love travelling and would love to travel to as many European countries as I can during my 4 year stay. Money is not an issue.. have business that brings in money weekly for me so I just need a school in the south that getting into won't stress me that much. Thank you.

Hi,

The process is quite easy and can be well followed. Since you have started you can continue, or you can send me all the necessary docs, and I can apply for you in 2 or 3 of the South Cyprus institutions.

The bold part of your statement: Kindly note that living in South Cyprus (EUROPE) does not guarantee you to travel even to the next European country, you need to meet the visa requirements of your destination and be able to proof a tie that will make you return.

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by HelloT: 10:08pm On Mar 30, 2016
wip7:

Hi,

The process is quite easy and can be well followed. Since you have started you can continue, or you can send me all the necessary docs, and I can apply for you in 2 or 3 of the South Cyprus institutions.

The bold part of your statement: Kindly note that living in South Cyprus (EUROPE) does not guarantee you to travel even to the next European country, you need to meet the visa requirements of your destination and be able to proof a tie that will make you return.
Thanks for getting back to me. Chai! I wrongly assumed Cyprus been an EU member state, automatically makes them part of the schengen agreement. Just realized it's only Cypriots that can travel visa free with their ID and not anyone with their visa. Thanks for clearing that up for me.
Sadly, that rules out the main reason for my preference for the South. Thought getting their visa would grant me passage to other schengen states, really want to travel, explore and blog about my Europe experience during my 4 years.
One more thing, giving that you already have first hand experience on the level of education in both the north and the South, I assume the quality of education is on par? Or even better in the north than south? Is this true?
Without been biased, which of the countries would you recommend to me?
(I know I'm asking too many questions, please forgive me)
Finally, if you were me, someone that just wants a serene environment to study, travel to as many countries as he can just to explore, experience and write about, which of the countries would you recommend?
Re: North Cyprus by godsong(f): 9:05am On Apr 01, 2016
Hi everyone,
It's been a while.. Been so busy . But am here now.. Keep the questions coming in.

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by goodlife5659(m): 8:34pm On Apr 02, 2016
Correct me if am wrong but I thought admission to schools in South Cyprus are closed till June/july?
How come a friend of mine contacted me today with concrete prof that he just submitted applied to ledra college with WAEC result,passport and €1000 pert payment to get admission?
AM LOST.
Re: North Cyprus by lexycool01(m): 6:44am On Apr 07, 2016
sir wip,
how re you doing, i really appreciate your good work on this thread. i want to know where and if UK embassy is in North Cyprus or i have to go to turkey for application. i am planning visiting there on vacation ( during summer) also i would like you to give me an immigration advise as to who is to provide the sponsorship bank statement. should it be me or the person who is sending me invitation letter. do you have the idea of number of months the UK embassy can grant for visa on vacation.

Thanks
Re: North Cyprus by tkays(m): 9:20am On Apr 08, 2016
HelloT:

Thanks for getting back to me. Chai! I wrongly assumed Cyprus been an EU member state, automatically makes them part of the schengen agreement. Just realized it's only Cypriots that can travel visa free with their ID and not anyone with their visa. Thanks for clearing that up for me.
Sadly, that rules out the main reason for my preference for the South. Thought getting their visa would grant me passage to other schengen states, really want to travel, explore and blog about my Europe experience during my 4 years.
One more thing, giving that you already have first hand experience on the level of education in both the north and the South, I assume the quality of education is on par? Or even better in the north than south? Is this true?
Without been biased, which of the countries would you recommend to me?
(I know I'm asking too many questions, please forgive me)
Finally, if you were me, someone that just wants a serene environment to study, travel to as many countries as he can just to explore, experience and write about, which of the countries would you recommend?
you have the opportunity to explore schengen countries still, south Cyprus will join schengen states officially by August. I school at university of Nicosia, I might help U with meaningful informations.
Re: North Cyprus by tkays(m): 9:25am On Apr 08, 2016
goodlife5659:
Correct me if am wrong but I thought admission to schools in South Cyprus are closed till June/july?
How come a friend of mine contacted me today with concrete prof that he just submitted applied to ledra college with WAEC result,passport and €1000 pert payment to get admission?
AM LOST.
Just an advice, if your friend is bent on going to any of the colleges in south Cyprus, understandably because of financial reason, he should choose American college. Most colleges here are disappointing.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 4:40pm On Apr 08, 2016
lexycool01:
sir wip,
how re you doing, i really appreciate your good work on this thread. i want to know where and if UK embassy is in North Cyprus or i have to go to turkey for application. i am planning visiting there on vacation ( during summer) also, i would like you to give me an immigration advise as to who is to provide the sponsorship bank statement. should it be me or the person who is sending me invitation letter. do you have the idea of number of months the UK embassy can grant for visa on vacation.

Thanks

Yes, there is British consulate in the North Cyprus located at Merit Hotel in Lefkosia. You will make appointments online and submit your application through TLS at Lefkosia.
You can apply for 6, or 12 or more months but you may likely be issued 6 months visa for the first time which is the common one here for the first timer.
For financials, it will be advisable for you to provide means of sustenance during your stay in the form of bank statement/pay slip. If the person inviting you writes that the financial burden will be on his/her, then the person must include financial proof, the address of accommodation, etc.

Best wishes!

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by blym4real: 6:16pm On Apr 08, 2016
jidoex66:
Yea am a student at CIU.
hello bro I need your help
Re: North Cyprus by rumkiorta: 7:35pm On Apr 08, 2016
Cyprus International University is mostly reputed university. Previously I heard it's name.

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by Arrihinius(m): 10:25pm On Apr 08, 2016
Good evening house, I want to get some information (1)Can a student coming to north cyprus do a cab business? if yes
(2)Like how much will it cost to get a car in north Cyprus
(3)what other things do I need to know about the business.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 3:32am On Apr 09, 2016
Arrihinius:
Good evening house, I want to get some information (1)Can a student coming to north cyprus do a cab business? if yes
(2)Like how much will it cost to get a car in north Cyprus
(3)what other things do I need to know about the business.

No you can't. You will need some license to do that and as a foreign student (excluding Turkish), you won't be issued the license. Also, if you wish to buy the car for the local to drive for you and get returns it will cost you between 5000-20,000 usd for used to New Benz for the business. The new cars are mostly preferred.
Re: North Cyprus by kuksunadi: 4:37am On Apr 09, 2016
I have lived there for 5 years.
Re: North Cyprus by Arrihinius(m): 12:19am On Apr 10, 2016
wip7:

No you can't. You will need some license to do that and as a foreign student (excluding Turkish), you won't be issued the license. Also, if you wish to buy the car for the local to drive for you and get returns it will cost you between 5000-20,000 usd for used to New Benz for the business. The new cars are mostly preferred.
thanks boss.Any other business someone can do
Re: North Cyprus by Arrihinius(m): 12:19am On Apr 10, 2016
wip7:

thanks boss.Any other business someone can do?
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 5:03am On Apr 10, 2016
Arrihinius:
thanks boss.Any other business someone can do?

Depends on the capital you have, since this is an island anything consumables or use daily will be a good thing to do. Property investment etc.
Re: North Cyprus by jidoex66(m): 6:01am On Apr 10, 2016
blym4real:

hello bro I need your help
Wats dat
Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 10:52am On Apr 10, 2016
wip7:

Depends on the capital you have, since this is an island anything consumables or use daily will be a good thing to do. Property investment etc.

I must really admit you are one of the most active and helpful guy on this forum. Since 2009 wow!! God bless you bro for your help.

I have a few questions to ask:

1. Do they accept Nigeria ND holder for Direct entry in any North Cyrus, South Cyprus or Turkey?

2. Which is better to go to between North Cyprus, South Cyprus and Turkey for best education, fast admission and fast students visa processing

3. Which universities are best in these Countries for software engineering or software technology?

4. I am considering changing my age for passport processing since i will be 25 this year as naija conditions don make me old for house na. grin

5. Which of the country is best for house accommodations, flexing and hustling as i be naija boy na and i like to do Ajala things. Coz i go consider touring Europe's to watch football matches oo like champions league lol?

Thank you bros and any other person in the house that had been helping your fellow guys in a clean and easy ways.

Your reward dey hide for somewhere and e go soon comot for there kon over throne you.

PS, anyone that has had these 3 countries experience can also answer my questions.
Re: North Cyprus by Arrihinius(m): 2:42pm On Apr 10, 2016
wip7:

Thank boss
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 7:43pm On Apr 12, 2016
Kristofferson:

I must really admit you are one of the most active and helpful guy on this forum. Since 2009 wow!! God bless you bro for your help.

Thanks man.

I have a few questions to ask:

1. Do they accept Nigeria ND holder for Direct entry in any North Cyrus, South Cyprus or Turkey?

Yes most of the universities can exempt some courses for you depending on how relevant the courses are, grades and course contents.

2. Which is better to go to between North Cyprus, South Cyprus and Turkey for best education, fast admission and fast students visa processing

All of them are good study destination, even though the medium of training is mostly English, you will still face language barriers in all among locals and in some sector of the university. Embassy deals with visa and you can check more on the processing days for each on the embassy websites.

3. Which universities are best in these Countries for software engineering or software technology?

I dont know which are/is best in the mentioned countries. May be google can help you regarding that or visit the website of each universities in the three countries and check on that.

4. I am considering changing my age for passport processing since i will be 25 this year as naija conditions don make me old for house na. grin

It will be advisable to come out clean when it comes to visa, educational and life issues. ....just personal advice!

5. Which of the country is best for house accommodations, flexing and hustling as i be naija boy na and i like to do Ajala things. Coz i go consider touring Europe's to watch football matches oo like champions league lol?

You may have to do google search for this. Traveling to another country requires you to demonstrate financial capabilities, ties and purpose of trips and some atom that you will return from your trips to you base....meaning you will be needing visas to tour all European countries if you choose to study in any of these countries. If you want easy tour to European countries...then you have to study in Schengen countries.
Re: North Cyprus by sharrp: 7:54pm On Apr 15, 2016
I will like to inform you guys that EMU fees can now be paid online. No more bank hassle . you can pay online now. Confirm it from @wip7
Re: North Cyprus by Nitta08(f): 8:23pm On Apr 18, 2016
Hello Sir wip7, first of all, I must commend you for the good work here. Kudos
My younger bro wants to study medicine in Cyprus. Please which affordable universities can we apply to? How can we go about the application procedure?
Thanks in anticipation of your reply
Re: North Cyprus by wildrose21(m): 11:37pm On Apr 18, 2016
Good morning guys in the house, Wip7.... I am sure it has been answered somewhere in this thread, but it is kinda difficult going through 222 pages. Please I will like to know if it is possible to go to South Cyprus from North Cyprus, and how? Thanks for your usual understanding and patience. Jah bless
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 6:33am On Apr 19, 2016
Nitta08:
Hello Sir wip7, first of all, I must commend you for the good work here. Kudos
My younger bro wants to study medicine in Cyprus. Please which affordable universities can we apply to? How can we go about the application procedure?
Thanks in anticipation of your reply

Only two universities (EMU and near east University) offer Medicine at North Cyprus and both range between 15-16,000USD per year and no scholarship for medicine. The fees is excluding accommodation and living expenses. When you are ready financially let me know.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 6:37am On Apr 19, 2016
wildrose21:
Good morning guys in the house, Wip7.... I am sure it has been answered somewhere in this thread, but it is kinda difficult going through 222 pages. Please I will like to know if it is possible to go to South Cyprus from North Cyprus, and how? Thanks for your usual understanding and patience. Jah bless

You can only visit South from North legally if you have the visa to South Cyprus, you are European Citizen, married Southern Cypriot, have valid multiple entry Schengen visas and sometimes American Citizen are allowed based on specific mission.
Re: North Cyprus by Nitta08(f): 10:37am On Apr 19, 2016
wip7:

Only two universities (EMU and near east University) offer Medicine at North Cyprus and both range between 15-16,000USD per year and no scholarship for medicine. The fees is excluding accommodation and living expenses. When you are ready financially let me know.
Alright. Thank you

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 11:16am On Apr 19, 2016
The British University of Nicosia Offers Nursing Program in English. The Admission process is opened NOW

(1) (2) (3) ... (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) ... (356)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.