Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,193 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:05 AM

North Cyprus - Travel (251) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / North Cyprus (769316 Views)

Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. / Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) / About To Fly To North Cyprus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) ... (356) (Go Down)

Re: North Cyprus by godsong(f): 12:43pm On Sep 24, 2016
Jayeby001:
My pipol I dey greet! Sir wip07 and all citizens of Cyprus community, abeg I want to know if it is advisable for a student to open a bank account with banks there. What are the advantages and disadvantages, what could be the basic requirement or how can one go about it if the account is necessary please advice. Thanks
To get an account you need a resident permit, your house contract, international passport and your student letter. But the question is do you really need it?? If you intend to apply for visa to turkey for example you will need an account .. if your parents will be paying your fees from Nigeria and you will be spending from Nigerian bank account by swiping your cards. Then you might not need one.. if you end up getting a job here and you need to save your money rather than holding it , then you need one.. note that there are bank charges for opening an account..while some charge every 3months per account.if you will be receiving money gram from parents and family friends, it's safer to have an account to put the money in, so you can swipe with bank cards here for purchasing items... it depends on what you want or what your needs are... there are students here without bank account and and some with banks account.
Re: North Cyprus by Jayeby001(f): 12:54pm On Sep 24, 2016
godsong:
To get an account you need a resident permit, your house contract, international passport and your student letter. But the question is do you really need it?? If you intend to apply for visa to turkey for example you will need an account .. if your parents will be paying your fees from Nigeria and you will be spending from Nigerian bank account by swiping your cards. Then you might not need one.. if you end up getting a job here and you need to save your money rather than holding it , then you need one.. note that there are bank charges for opening an account..while some charge every 3months per account.if you will be receiving money gram from parents and family friends, it's safer to have an account to put the money in, so you can swipe with bank cards here for purchasing items... it depends on what you want or what your needs are... there are students here without bank account and and some with banks account.
ehen OK dear thank u very much
Re: North Cyprus by jidoex66(m): 9:56pm On Sep 24, 2016
Jayeby001:
ehen thanks Chris u are bae

U really dont need residence permit if u dey open for CIU. I mean the bank inside CIU
Re: North Cyprus by Jayeby001(f): 4:16pm On Sep 25, 2016
jidoex66:

U really dont need residence permit if u dey open for CIU. I mean the bank inside CIU
ehen well dear am not going to CIU but am sure those going have gotten more light from your ansa. Thank you loads
Re: North Cyprus by willjoe: 10:37pm On Sep 25, 2016
@ chriskate, godsong and wip7, hw y'all doing,, i tot theres free wi-fi o. Surprised wen d other guy sets out to get a modem shocked
Re: North Cyprus by godsong(f): 10:50pm On Sep 25, 2016
willjoe:
@ chriskate, godsong and wip7, hw y'all doing,, i tot theres free wi-fi o. Surprised wen d other guy sets out to get a modem shocked
there are free wifi in the library, school hostel and cafeteria.

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by jidoex66(m): 6:01am On Sep 26, 2016
Jayeby001:
ehen well dear am not going to CIU but am sure those going have gotten more light from your ansa. Thank you loads
You dont need permit once you have house contract. Either CIU or else whr
Re: North Cyprus by godsong(f): 12:59pm On Sep 26, 2016
jidoex66:

You dont need permit once you have house contract. Either CIU or else whr
@jodoex66 you need a resident permit.. please making such statement indirectly gives prospective students the idea that resident permit is not important.. from my experience with all banks here you need resident permit .. I bank with 3 banks here.. * note there is a fee for living in north Cyprus illegally .. I know someone who was on this island fore 3years without resident permit and was not allowed to travel and was asked to pay huge amount of money..if not for the amnesty he would have paid thousands of TL..coupled with the fact that you need to have a resident permit to go back to your country for holiday and to come. ABJ to Cyprus cos without it you will need to apply for visa to come back... my advice to prospective students get your resident permit but don't apply now cos if you do it expires by the end of September .. apply October soniy expires next year September 30 for one year and if your are applying for 2years it will expire next 2years September ending.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: North Cyprus by Adebola2010: 3:29pm On Sep 26, 2016
@godsong...
can someone apply for residence permit after study, i.e will it b possible for someone to be travelling in and out after school by applying for residence permit and will it be granted after study? Thanks....
Re: North Cyprus by godsong(f): 7:28pm On Sep 26, 2016
Adebola2010:
@godsong...
can someone apply for residence permit after study, i.e will it b possible for someone to be travelling in and out after school by applying for residence permit and will it be granted after study? Thanks....
No1 requirement of resident permit for over 97% of international students here is the student letter which means you have to be a registered student.. if you happen to get a good Job, not just any kind of job, then your employer can help out with that "work permit" so the answer to your question is "No"
Re: North Cyprus by jidoex66(m): 10:13am On Sep 27, 2016
godsong:
@jodoex66 you need a resident permit.. please making such statement indirectly gives prospective students the idea that resident permit is not important.. from my experience with all banks here you need resident permit .. I bank with 3 banks here.. * note there is a fee for living in north Cyprus illegally .. I know someone who was on this island fore 3years without resident permit and was not allowed to travel and was asked to pay huge amount of money..if not for the amnesty he would have paid thousands of TL..coupled with the fact that you need to have a resident permit to go back to your country for holiday and to come. ABJ to Cyprus cos without it you will need to apply for visa to come back... my advice to prospective students get your resident permit but don't apply now cos if you do it expires by the end of September .. apply October soniy expires next year September 30 for one year and if your are applying for 2years it will expire next 2years September ending.
Maybe you got me wrong ma, everyone residing in a foreign country over a period of time does need a residence permit, i was talking with respect to opening bank account, i bank with is bankasi as well and i did not use permit cos i got an house contract, i wont tell anyone not to do their permit of course. Thanks though for the advice.
Re: North Cyprus by Jayeby001(f): 10:56pm On Sep 27, 2016
Please who was stopped at d airport and given this image

Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 11:24pm On Sep 27, 2016
Jayeby001:
Please who was stopped at d airport and given this image

The stuff is mainly for tourist visiting TRNC not students or those that already had Turkish transit visa AS MEANS to enter TRNC.

FOR instance you are not coming to study in TRNC and your passport is not exempted as visa free to enter TRNC....then u need to get TRNC TOURIST VISA in Tutkey or at TRNC office in London and then fulfil those mentioned conditions.
Re: North Cyprus by Jayeby001(f): 11:40pm On Sep 27, 2016
Sir wip thanks I grab
wip7:

The stuff is mainly for tourist visiting TRNC not students or those that already had Turkish transit visa AS MEANS to enter TRNC.

FOR instance you are not coming to study in TRNC and your passport is not exempted as visa free to enter TRNC....then u need to get TRNC TOURIST VISA in Tutkey or at TRNC office in London and then fulfil those mentioned conditions.

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by elijah101(m): 11:13pm On Sep 29, 2016
I would like to know if my brother will be able to do transfer to any university in turkey from EUL , he is studying tourism .. .. i would like to know which schools will he be able to transfer to easily ..
Re: North Cyprus by reubzs: 7:06am On Sep 30, 2016
I'm a current student in Cyprus, my muhaceret is expiring on the 30th of Sept but I arrive on the 1st of October due to my flight being rescheduled. Is it still possible to travel and make it through passport control?
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 7:20am On Sep 30, 2016
reubzs:
I'm a current student in Cyprus, my muhaceret is expiring on the 30th of Sept but I arrive on the 1st of October due to my flight being rescheduled. Is it still possible to travel and make it through passport control?

Yes just one day after your residence permit expired wont affect your entrance at ERCAN. If prompted you will need to show a proof that you are going to register like cash or you have registered already.

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by reubzs: 7:39am On Sep 30, 2016
Thank you @mr wip what about if it's 2 days?
Re: North Cyprus by reubzs: 8:13am On Sep 30, 2016
wip7:

Yes just one day after your residence permit expired wont affect your entrance at ERCAN. If prompted you will need to show a proof that you are going to register like cash or you have registered already.

Pls do yo know if I can still make it on the 2nd of Oct? I'm Trying to reschedule my Istanbul to Ercan now and flights on the 1st are fully booked.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 3:16pm On Sep 30, 2016
reubzs:

Pls do yo know if I can still make it on the 2nd of Oct? I'm Trying to reschedule my Istanbul to Ercan now and flights on the 1st are fully booked.

If you have proofs that you have registered or will be registering you won't have issues.
Re: North Cyprus by godsong(f): 4:46pm On Sep 30, 2016
reubzs:
from past experience .. a friend of mine was not allowed to board the Turkish Airline from
Lagos to Ercan because his flight was around 9pm and his resident permit was to expire that night and his plane was to land the next day.. he had to go through the process of applying for Visa.. That was 3years ago.. you can try and tel us how it goes.. student should try to do some calculations when it comes to resident permit expiration date and their flight ticket.
Re: North Cyprus by Adebola2010: 7:49am On Oct 01, 2016
Good morning everyone...
pls can someone go straight to the school from airport,if one forgot to send the school travel details,bcuz i heard the schools are to accomodate new student for lyk 3days free... thanks
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 1:00pm On Oct 01, 2016
Adebola2010:
Good morning everyone...
pls can someone go straight to the school from airport,if one forgot to send the school travel details,bcuz i heard the schools are to accomodate new student for lyk 3days free... thanks

You can proceed to the university directly from the airport if the university welcoming team already finished the orientation period at the airport. The cheapest means is to enter KIBHAS BUS services just at the tail end of the exit part of the airport.

However, the free few days accommodation is mostly available for students that will be arriving earlier as rooms might be free while most students arriving late may not have such free days in university dorms. Although the rule differs in each university, hence its best to contact the university international center or registrar for updated information few days to your coming.
Re: North Cyprus by Samayus: 7:41pm On Oct 01, 2016
@wip7... Pls wat steps shld someone who was denied visa take?
Re: North Cyprus by jidoex66(m): 7:24pm On Oct 02, 2016
Hello house, pls any one coming to cyprus in the coming days lets chat pls.
Re: North Cyprus by Arrihinius(m): 7:35am On Oct 03, 2016
Good day house i want to know if application is still on to universities in cyprus.Also i want to apply for M sc Biochemistry,i want to know school would be the best to apply to for me?With cheap school fee,scholarship and ho do i go about it?
Re: North Cyprus by reubzs: 8:30am On Oct 03, 2016
godsong:
from past experience .. a friend of mine was not allowed to board the Turkish Airline from
Lagos to Ercan because his flight was around 9pm and his resident permit was to expire that night and his plane was to land the next day.. he had to go through the process of applying for Visa.. That was 3years ago.. you can try and tel us how it goes.. student should try to do some calculations when it comes to resident permit expiration date and their flight ticket.

There was no problem passing through passport control in Cyprus. The biggest problem I faced was at the airport using Emirates from Abuja to Istanbul, I was flying at around 7pm on the 30th and the Emirates staff said by time I arrive my muhaceret would have expired..I had to beg the airport staff for more than an hour before they eventually let me board the plane and also had to sign something saying if I get sent back from Ercan all penalty fees that will be charged to Emirates would be payed by me..but when I arrived at Ercan they stamped my passport like I arrived 30 days before the muhaceret expired, no questions asked.
Re: North Cyprus by Adebola2010: 9:14am On Oct 03, 2016
good morning huz... is dere anyone going to EUL? bcuz am also going to eul and am already in Cyprus,but need someone to rent apartment with...
Re: North Cyprus by elijah101(m): 9:41am On Oct 03, 2016
Adebola2010:
good morning huz... is dere anyone going to EUL? bcuz am also going to eul and am already in Cyprus,but need someone to rent apartment with...

My brother dey stay EUL dorm , but will be looking to rent next year .. just wan dey familiar with the place first ..
Re: North Cyprus by taiwo92(m): 3:13pm On Oct 03, 2016
@adebola2010 how was ur trip. I never hear again from u.
Re: North Cyprus by roblance: 5:49pm On Oct 03, 2016
Someone should kindly tell me how to apply for Cyprus visit visa

(1) (2) (3) ... (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) ... (356)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.