Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,974 members, 7,817,868 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:42 PM

North Cyprus - Travel (253) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / North Cyprus (769451 Views)

Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. / Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) / About To Fly To North Cyprus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) ... (356) (Go Down)

Re: North Cyprus by chriskate(m): 10:42am On Oct 13, 2016
waynee2baba:
@Wip I've read all comments on this tread since November 13th 2009, it took me 3 weeks to finish everything cry. I must commend you, Godsong and the rest for keeping this tread active for 8 years, wow just wow! smiley. I've never wanted to join Nairaland but this trend coerced and compelled me to, It's my turn to seek information concerning EMU and NEU TRNP. I applied since September 12th and it keeps saying under evaluation.
Concerning my NEU application, I submitted my credentials and application form via email so I wana ask how long it takes or evaluation also for Feb. 2017 intake.
Thank you for your anticipated cooperation. cool

---2baba

Can you send me your details at ikenna.uwanuakwa@neu.edu.tr if you are yet to get response.
Re: North Cyprus by waynee2baba: 3:16pm On Oct 13, 2016
chriskate:

Can you send me your details at ikenna.uwanuakwa@neu.edu.tr if you are yet to get response.

Thank you Sir, I appreciate. Kindly check your inbox.

Regards.
Re: North Cyprus by justiceniola(m): 11:46am On Oct 14, 2016
Good morning House. Please can someone tell me more about Northern Cyprus? Because I want to go there and study after studying so I can move to others countries.
Re: North Cyprus by justiceniola(m): 11:50am On Oct 14, 2016
cholov:
I was told to collect my visa from the Turkish embassy tomorrow what are the chances I get a Turkish visa

Cholov: Have you now collected you visa?
Re: North Cyprus by chriskate(m): 2:51pm On Oct 14, 2016
justiceniola:
Good morning House. Please can someone tell me more about Northern Cyprus? Because I want to go there and study after studying so I can move to others countries.

Read through previous Post, I believe you get valuable information especially from Mr Wip7 post.
Re: North Cyprus by waynee2baba: 3:47pm On Oct 14, 2016
justiceniola:

Man, I read through the whole tread, got all information about studying in North Cyprus and applied without any Agent. I advice you do the same, but it's easy by the way.

For EMU, you can apply online via their official website. Please make sure your academic credentials and other necessary documents are scanned.

For NEU and EUL, download their application forms, also get your scanned credentials ready and email it to them. You'd see their email address below the last application form for both.

If you experience any issue while applying, do ask questions.

Good luck smiley

EMU- Eastern Mediterranean University
NEU- Near East University
EUL- European University of Lefka

Three of them are located in North Cyprus, you can also check for METU, North Cyprus Campus. cool
Re: North Cyprus by elijah101(m): 9:34pm On Oct 15, 2016
My bro needs to register his phone , how can he do this and how much will it cost , because without the registration , he can't use any sim card on the phone ..
Re: North Cyprus by Starbeams: 2:06pm On Oct 19, 2016
wip7:

You can proceed to the university directly from the airport if the university welcoming team already finished the orientation period at the airport. The cheapest means is to enter KIBHAS BUS services just at the tail end of the exit part of the airport.

However, the free few days accommodation is mostly available for students that will be arriving earlier as rooms might be free while most students arriving late may not have such free days in university dorms. Although the rule differs in each university, hence its best to contact the university international center or registrar for updated information few days to your coming.

@ wip7, and everybody, someone called me in Famagusta that the Police called him that he should renew his student permit or they will deport him within 2 weeks.

I am in Lefkosa, i was wondering that my student permit has expired for over 3 years and nobody call me that they will deport me... Is it true? or is the person just joking or what? he said they have been calling people..i dont know how true it is.

Your urgent response will be appreciated.

Thanks.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 3:39pm On Oct 19, 2016
Starbeams:

@ wip7, and everybody, someone called me in Famagusta that the Police called him that he should renew his student permit or they will deport him within 2 weeks.

I am in Lefkosa, i was wondering that my student permit has expired for over 3 years and nobody call me that they will deport me... Is it true? or is the person just joking or what? he said they have been calling people..i dont know how true it is.

Your urgent response will be appreciated.

Thanks.

I am quite aware of 3 students deported from famagusta months back. One of the students had slight issues with taxi driver, one was peeping at a young Cypriot gal bathing, etc and when they got arrested they checked their passports and found that these students have not registered in university for 1-3yrs and many other talks and were deported.

However, I strictly don't believe that Cyprus police has grown wings to be calling people to renew their resident permit. How do they know? Since the permit is not digitally issued. Personally I consider it a joke or future imagination.
However, recently the TRNC govt called upon people to have updated permits and give discount/waivers to those that have not done for years.

But be aware that contact with police or law enforcement agents these days may require your passport, and without resident permit, you may likely be deported.

Try to renew and stay legal! Best wishes !
Re: North Cyprus by godsong(f): 7:14pm On Oct 19, 2016
wip7:

I am quite aware of 3 students deported from famagusta months back. One of the students had slight issues with taxi driver, one was peeping at a young Cypriot gal bathing, etc and when they got arrested they checked their passports and found that these students have not registered in university for 1-3yrs and many other talks and were deported.

However, I strictly don't believe that Cyprus police has grown wings to be calling people to renew their resident permit. How do they know? Since the permit is not digitally issued. Personally I consider it a joke or future imagination.
However, recently the TRNC govt called upon people to have updated permits and give discount/waivers to those that have not done for years.

But be aware that contact with police or law enforcement agents these days may require your passport, and without resident permit, you may likely be deported.

Try to renew and stay legal! Best wishes !

Hahaha @ the one peeping a young Cypriot girl bathing.. that got me laughing all day.. so if his been asked why he was deported.. what will his response be...lol..

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 6:09am On Oct 20, 2016
godsong:
Hahaha @ the one peeping a young Cypriot girl bathing.. that got me laughing all day.. so if his been asked why he was deported.. what will his response be...lol..

grin grin actually it was funny, he got some good slaps and even thrown down from a top of the deck before being taking to police.

He will come up with another reason like Cyprus is filled with racism and is bad country bla bla...if asked at home why he was deported.
Re: North Cyprus by Arrihinius(m): 12:55pm On Oct 20, 2016
godsong,please i want my school to send my transcript to the an official email,so that i can use it to progress my admission.Can you send me an official email you have access to?also can you forward the scanned copy of the transcript to me once you receive it so that i can use it for other purposes?
Re: North Cyprus by Arrihinius(m): 1:02pm On Oct 20, 2016
Mr Wip u can also help me out on that because i need the reply soon.Thanks
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 3:18pm On Oct 20, 2016
Arrihinius:
Mr Wip u can also help me out on that because i need the reply soon.Thanks

Which university are you applying to? If you want to apply to EMU,CSU or METU...then I can send you my official email address under the mentioned universities. So is better for you to decide which university. We have almost 17 universities in TRNC now.
Re: North Cyprus by waynee2baba: 5:21pm On Oct 20, 2016
waynee2baba:
@Wip I've read all comments on this tread since November 13th 2009, it took me 3 weeks to finish everything cry. I must commend you, Godsong and the rest for keeping this tread active for 8 years, wow just wow! smiley. I've never wanted to join Nairaland but this trend coerced and compelled me to, It's my turn to seek information concerning EMU and NEU TRNP. I applied since September 12th and it keeps saying under evaluation.
Concerning my NEU application, I submitted my credentials and application form via email so I wana ask how long it takes or evaluation also for Feb. 2017 intake.
Thank you for your anticipated cooperation. cool

---2baba

@Wip7 I'm still asking how long it takes for evaluation and admission decision for Feb. 2017 intake.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 6:18am On Oct 21, 2016
waynee2baba:

@Wip7 I'm still asking how long it takes for evaluation and admission decision for Feb. 2017 intake.

There is no fixed period for admission processing in Cyprus. Various factors determine the outcome and period. The fastest is undergraduate application which ranged between 2-20 days after application. Graduate application takes time as it goes through 3 to 5 evaluation stages. So the earlier you apply, the better.

For Feb 2017, most university will start processing from November 2016.
Re: North Cyprus by pascal2young(m): 8:46pm On Oct 22, 2016
sorry for derailing. but how many months do a person get to work nd live in south cyprus after masters degree
Re: North Cyprus by guiddoti: 9:03pm On Oct 22, 2016
wip7:

There is no fixed period for admission processing in Cyprus. Various factors determine the outcome and period. The fastest is undergraduate application which ranged between 2-20 days after application. Graduate application takes time as it goes through 3 to 5 evaluation stages. So the earlier you apply, the better.

For Feb 2017, most university will start processing from November 2016.
please, can you advise if their universities have scholarship for PhD. Though, I have not research about Cyprus until I got this section. I would appreciate a lot
Re: North Cyprus by tbaby534(f): 7:18am On Oct 23, 2016
guiddoti:
please, can you advise if their universities have scholarship for PhD. Though, I have not research about Cyprus until I got this section. I would appreciate a lot

PhD is not challenging in cyprus if will need a lot of self development if you want to do it in cyprus.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 9:11am On Oct 23, 2016
pascal2young:
sorry for derailing. but how many months do a person get to work nd live in south cyprus after masters degree

When your student permit expires then you become illegal unless you secure a job and have workpermit or you start another educational program or you purchase a property then you can live as you want.
Re: North Cyprus by guiddoti: 6:48pm On Oct 23, 2016
tbaby534:

PhD is not challenging in cyprus if will need a lot of self development if you want to do it in cyprus.
Thank you
Re: North Cyprus by chriskate(m): 11:42pm On Oct 23, 2016
Who told you PhD ios not challenging if Cyprus?
How can undergrduate understand that you need an SCI conference paper to graduate A PhD holder in Cyprus?
tbaby534:

Re: North Cyprus by guiddoti: 1:25am On Oct 24, 2016
chriskate:
Who told you PhD ios not challenging if Cyprus?
How can undergrduate understand that you need an SCI conference paper to graduate A PhD holder in Cyprus?
I read something similar on university of Nicosia domain, I am yet to understand If it is compulsory, apart publishing two articles at most, with supervisor or any member of your research group.
Re: North Cyprus by chriskate(m): 2:05pm On Oct 24, 2016
guiddoti:
I read something similar on university of Nicosia domain, I am yet to understand If it is compulsory, apart publishing two articles at most, with supervisor or any member of your research group.

I have seen people who spent 6yrs in PhD because of publication.
Publishing your work is SCI journal or conference brings your PhD on the same platform with other university of the world. in Academics your publications determines your quality and also where such publication was accepted.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 2:38pm On Oct 24, 2016
APPLICATION FOR METU FEB 2017 INTAKE IS NOW OPEN...You can Apply from now!

1 Share

Re: North Cyprus by taiwo92(m): 5:40pm On Oct 24, 2016
@mr wip7 i have search metu site and i couldnt find my course,civil engineering at masters level.pls kindly help. I want to apply in respect of the advert u post today
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 7:17pm On Oct 24, 2016
taiwo92:
@mr wip7 i have search metu site and i couldnt find my course,civil engineering at masters level.pls kindly help. I want to apply in respect of the advert u post today

Hi,

METU in north Cyprus offers the following master programs only:

- Master of Science in Political Science and International Relations (PSIR)

- Master of Science in Sustainable Environment and Energy Systems (SEES)

- Master of Arts in English Language Teaching(TEFL)

- Master of Science (MS) in Electrical and Electronics Engineering (EEE)
Re: North Cyprus by taiwo92(m): 7:54pm On Oct 24, 2016
thanks sir what of turkey campus can you help.
Re: North Cyprus by adesbaba: 4:28pm On Oct 30, 2016
OGA WIP7 ..sir am considering undergraduate admission in CHEMICAL/PETROLEUM ENGINEERING from a cheap university in Cyprus...and i will prefer the one that has less admission requirement or documents cos my secondary skul is a troublesome one and dey may not av time for me......Tanx sir
Re: North Cyprus by willjoe: 7:01am On Oct 31, 2016
wip7:

When your student permit expires then you become illegal unless you secure a job and have workpermit or you start another educational program or you purchase a property then you can live as you want.
oga, so d year of d student permit ir equal to the year of one's course of study? Any way one cud smart that out?
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 9:19am On Oct 31, 2016
willjoe:
oga, so d year of d student permit ir equal to the year of one's course of study? Any way one cud smart that out?

The undergraduate students spend 4-6 years depending on the programs. Hence, such student enrolled in any of the programs is entitled to be given residence permit according to the program year. The Master students get 2 years while the Doctoral students likely 5 years or more depending on the years spent for the program.

However, most district issue the permit yearly based on the registration status of the said student, meaning you may likely not be issued 4years permit at once, but you can get it each year till the program ends while Famagusta district may issue 2-years at once.

Why do you want to outsmart the program? It's illegal to go against set rule and regulations. I don't know how to outsmart such.

(1) (2) (3) ... (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) ... (356)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria...

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.