Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,748 members, 7,809,861 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:09 PM

North Cyprus - Travel (278) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / North Cyprus (767693 Views)

Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. / Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) / About To Fly To North Cyprus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) ... (356) (Go Down)

Re: North Cyprus by maestrojay(m): 11:19pm On Aug 08, 2017
wip7:

Ahhh grin grin.. Yes, CIU has the largest environmental Eng in TRNC currently, in fact, I was amazed by the number of facilities they have in this field. Mostly, am being selected as Jury head for PhD students monitoring at the CIU and am continuously participating. Unfortunately, they have weak research members based on my standards.

Am always available to provide an academic assistance....not financial assistance oooo biko grin grin grin!
I am conversant with almost all research in Environmental so you can always email me for advice and support!

Brief Profile of WIP7:

1.Supervised and completed 19 master students project/thesis and currently supervising 8
2. Completed 4 PhD students and currently supervising and co-supervising 9
3. Awarded Tubitak project worth 1 million Turkish Lira that ran 2014-2016
4. Awarded UNESCO project worth 150K USD
5. Awarded SETAC Young Scientist project and ENI Research over 200,000 euro etc.
6. 40+ Science citations publications of high impact factors
7. Recently appointed as Associate Editor for Bentham Open Chemical Engineering J
8. Currently Head of Faculty of Engineering in CSU
9. Senior Research Scientist of Polymeric Research Lab of EMU
10. Published 19 book chapters
11. Passed associate Professor exam at above 90th percentile ( very rare..they told me then grin grin)
12. Expert skills and knowledge in targeted drug delivery, solar energy harvesting sensors, anti-corrosion nanofluids, thin-film supercapacitors, treatment of toxic pollutants, drug fabrication, Intelligent fire extinguisher system etc.
13. Visited 67 countries so far including all the continents except the moon and the sun ( embarassed embarassed)

Omo see profile!!!.. shocked Plenty hailings sir!!!!
Naija we too much abeg..
Oh Lord show me the way..

2 Likes

Re: North Cyprus by Gfeuxay: 3:22am On Aug 09, 2017
wip7:

Ahhh grin grin.. Yes, CIU has the largest environmental Eng in TRNC currently, in fact, I was amazed by the number of facilities they have in this field. Mostly, am being selected as Jury head for PhD students monitoring at the CIU and am continuously participating. Unfortunately, they have weak research members based on my standards.

Am always available to provide an academic assistance....not financial assistance oooo biko grin grin grin!
I am conversant with almost all research in Environmental so you can always email me for advice and support!

Brief Profile of WIP7:

1.Supervised and completed 19 master students project/thesis and currently supervising 8
5. Awarded SETAC Young Scientist project and ENI Research over 200,000 euro etc.
7. Recently appointed as Associate Editor for Bentham Open Chemical Engineering J
11. Passed associate Professor exam at above 90th percentile ( very rare..they told me then grin grin)
12. Expert skills and knowledge in targeted drug delivery, solar energy harvesting sensors, anti-corrosion nanofluids, thin-film supercapacitors, treatment of toxic pollutants, drug fabrication, Intelligent fire extinguisher system etc.
13. Visited 67 countries so far including all the continents except the moon and the sun ( embarassed embarassed)

Wooow!!! *faints*
This is great, congrats man. The sky is definitely not ur limit, cheers!!!

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by Aperion7(m): 3:52am On Aug 09, 2017
wip7:

Brief Profile of WIP7:

Sir. Please when next your coming to ciu please notify me so that i can kidnap you give you a present grin grin

2 Likes

Re: North Cyprus by oluteebaba(m): 10:40am On Aug 09, 2017
Thanks op for this thread,pls i want to migrate tk north cyprus to live and work thr. Pls i need infos
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 12:09pm On Aug 09, 2017
maestrojay:

Omo see profile!!!.. shocked Plenty hailings sir!!!!
Naija we too much abeg..
Oh Lord show me the way..

Tanks boss..
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 12:13pm On Aug 09, 2017
Aperion7:

Sir. Please when next your coming to ciu please notify me so that i can kidnap you give you a present grin grin

Tanks u boss..I am currently heading to CIU today to see the CIU rector and vice rector of CIU. The university is too slow with admission. So wana follow up, I worked for 5 yrs with the newly appointed CIU vice rector when he was the vice rector in EMU.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 12:13pm On Aug 09, 2017
Gfeuxay:

Wooow!!! *faints*
This is great, congrats man. The sky is definitely not ur limit, cheers!!!

Thanks boss..I appreciate!
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 12:21pm On Aug 09, 2017
oluteebaba:
Thanks op for this thread,pls i want to migrate tk north cyprus to live and work thr. Pls i need infos

If you don't have PhD or have big investment capital then you can only work as casuals in TRNC for now.

You can legally live in TRNC, either u are old above 60 yrs, working majorly in academics, studying or you have investment with good money. Other sectors of TRNC are filled with Cypriot, Turkish or people that speaks fluently the Turkish language.
Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 12:37pm On Aug 09, 2017
What's the capital to start up a business in Cyprus and what's the most lucrative business?
Re: North Cyprus by maestrojay(m): 1:59pm On Aug 09, 2017
Pls has anione got NEU fall scholarship yet??.. August 7 passed and thers still no announcement.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 4:39pm On Aug 09, 2017
Admission letters sent to email

It's like fighting a lion to get Instructors to evaluate the graduate application in CIU these days. Please, I have sent 20 offer letters to most that applied through me just now. Just your email. Others am still working on the offers, so keep calm and enjoy!

For EMU, applicants I have sent the acceptance letters as well.

Note#: The two guys that CSU gave 100% scholarships, pls kindly send the required approval to me asap so I can follow up your name to the embassy.
Re: North Cyprus by tcitachi: 10:25pm On Aug 10, 2017
Hello Mr wip and all d gurus in d house pls I've a lil ISSN and we need professional advice and help abt it..
Pls some guys did interview before school list got to d embassy for Ciu students and now d list Ve arrived and some people re saying that embassy will call or text but till now since like a week now they haven't called or text or even send an email and they aren't even sayn anything abt them and these boys re confused and worried abt d issh pls sirs in d house what can you advice or how can you help bcoz right not boys re open to options and help asp.,thanks God bless
Re: North Cyprus by masmy: 11:03pm On Aug 10, 2017
@wip7 Please i need help on admission in neu, i sent u an email
Re: North Cyprus by Eraytee: 9:41am On Aug 11, 2017
wip7:

Brief Profile of WIP7:

pls sir, a point of correction!!! this profile aint brief grin.... I have a lot of respect for you starting from the day i 1st contacted you, your mentor-ship is nothing to be compared with. Am so proud of you sir. Naija is proud of you cox no matter what you are our very own. more achievements to come cool wink smiley. looking forward to working with you as we earlier discussed on mail. #Ireti

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 10:37am On Aug 11, 2017
Eraytee:

pls sir, a point of correction!!! this profile aint brief grin.... I have a lot of respect for you starting from the day i 1st contacted you, your mentor-ship is nothing to be compared with. Am so proud of you sir. Naija is proud of you cox no matter what you are our very own. more achievements to come cool wink smiley. looking forward to working with you as we earlier discussed on mail. #Ireti

Thank you sir. I do appreciate. I am always available to support academically if is requested. One advantage of TRNC is that with good numbers of publication in accepted journals one can easily make some cash, doors get opened etc. With good numbers of papers and research, I was getting very good offers in highly developed nations....still enjoying Cyprus grin grin kiss kiss
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 10:42am On Aug 11, 2017
masmy:
@wip7 Please i need help on admission in neu, i sent u an email

Good day,

I did not receive your email.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 11:21am On Aug 11, 2017
tcitachi:
Hello Mr wip and all d gurus in d house pls I've a lil ISSN and we need professional advice and help abt it..
Pls some guys did interview before school list got to d embassy for Ciu students and now d list Ve arrived and some people re saying that embassy will call or text but till now since like a week now they haven't called or text or even send an email and they aren't even sayn anything abt them and these boys re confused and worried abt d issh pls sirs in d house what can you advice or how can you help bcoz right not boys re open to options and help asp.,thanks God bless

I doubt if that embassy will call. The applicant's documents are with the embassy or with the applicants? if with the embassy, they should just go to embassy direct on visa application days.
Re: North Cyprus by Aperion7(m): 8:15pm On Aug 11, 2017
wip7:

I doubt if that embassy will call. The applicant's documents are with the embassy or with the applicants? if with the embassy, they should just go to embassy direct on visa application days.

Sir. My friend has the same issue. The documents are with the embassy. The passports are with them. He said the normal circumstance is that the embassy will send them message when the list arrives. But the list is there and the embassy hasn't sent anything. And anytime he goes they tell him they can't attend to him until he receives mail or text from them. Sir what do you suggest?
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 9:46am On Aug 12, 2017
Aperion7:

Sir. My friend has the same issue. The documents are with the embassy. The passports are with them. He said the normal circumstance is that the embassy will send them message when the list arrives. But the list is there and the embassy hasn't sent anything. And anytime he goes they tell him they can't attend to him until he receives mail or text from them. Sir what do you suggest?

The embassy staffs especially the Nigerians working there appear worst in terms of attitude and sense of direction. Cos my younger brother came to Nigeria to sign a document that cost 20USD ONLY since they refused to endorse it without his presence. They were behaving arrogantly until one of them said ..."hey Mr so so...go back until we call you and when he said don't address me as Mr....am a Professor so so, and I do this and that"..... That was when they started saying sorry sir and ok sir. In 30 min, we would check your file.

So your friend might have to wait for them then...since they can't allow him in without them calling/texting as they claimed.
Re: North Cyprus by tcitachi: 1:24pm On Aug 12, 2017
wip7:

The documents re with d embassy dy gave them only their passports and some of dem passport re still in d embassy bcoz dy didnt show up on d supposed collection day bcoz of one tin or d other and also bcoz of d info they heard
So re dy still going to collect their visas sir?
And some went on collection days but they didn't attend to them bcoz they don't Ve a txt SMS or mail like I heard its like dy said dey will send msgs so I don't really understand d whole tin
Re: North Cyprus by Paulweasley: 3:42pm On Aug 14, 2017
Hi.. I got admission to EUL, initial payment is 1000 USD, if I pay only this 1000 USD, won't it be too small to enable embassy give me visa??
Re: North Cyprus by Trippeji(m): 10:23pm On Aug 14, 2017
Paulweasley:
Hi.. I got admission to EUL, initial payment is 1000 USD, if I pay only this 1000 USD, won't it be too small to enable embassy give me visa??

Nawa be like say money dey your hand....follow instruction that's all....
Re: North Cyprus by Aperion7(m): 10:38pm On Aug 14, 2017
Mr wip7 and Ike121 and gurus in cyprus.. Please I'm hearing of ciu postponing resumption date.. Abeg how true is it and which date embarassed
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 6:58am On Aug 15, 2017
Paulweasley:

Kindly pay what is written on the offer letter.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 7:01am On Aug 15, 2017
Aperion7:
Mr wip7 and Ike121 and gurus in cyprus.. Please I'm hearing of ciu postponing resumption date.. Abeg how true is it and which date embarassed

The calendar are always written one semester before the next one. So university here mostly stick to the calendar, so I doubt the changes and even it happened can't be more than a week cos changes would upset the system.

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by marksmart22: 1:08pm On Aug 16, 2017
wip2:
@baba kunle,
if it is CIU , no problem about the visa it is 100% sure when your documents are complete and correct and legal.
you need these and some other stuff for the visa
1. your acceptance letter
2. Receipts of payment of atleast 1900euros from CIU
3. your attested documents
4. tax clearance
5. bank statement
6. CAC letter/letter of incorp
etc
have you gotten the admission ? if yes scan to my email if now what remains?
Re: North Cyprus by meetgaby: 1:19pm On Aug 16, 2017
I want to start my application for a masters course...what are the things I need to have to start?
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 1:28pm On Aug 16, 2017
marksmart22:

Hello wip2.

Now this is the real story..XXXX

My agent is advising me to apply as an undergraduate so that I can get an early embassy appointment plus get the visa asap.. Especially now I heard the visa and the school want to give the visa at the same time.. Even with those that apply since before like months ago.. I heard they had issue with the embassy that why visa has been delayed but now they want to release visa to everybody at once.. Including us applying just now..

If the agent tell you embassy and school will issue visa same time including all that had applied in the past. I can boldly tell you is WHITE LIES. Let me briefly inform you; University here dont talk or relate directly with embassy Abuja. University here communicate students details to embassy in TRNC, the embassy in TRNC communicate with Turkey and Turkey mission communicate with ABUJA. I have worked in this system, so I hate when novice agents lie to applicants.

At first I was against it.. Cant imagine me starting BSc. all over again even though it gonna be a different course ..and moreover I would love to work(no matter how small the pay is).. I have been trying to catch up with thread for a while.. U guys gave really gone far..
Pple complaining cyprus country is Bleep up and so on.. But one thing I believe is that pple stars are different.. I know my going to cyprus will be for good.. I am not a lazy dude..

Anyway the main thing is that my agent told me I shouldn't bother about how I apply that *when I get to cyprus I can change to my master program of my choice* provided by then my transcripts is ready..
Sincerely is this really possible?

Yes, is possible for you to immediately switch to the master program during registration provided you have the complete transcript and other requested documents for grad admission.

Cus by the grace of God.. My transcripts will soon be ready soon.. But he doesn't wanna take chances Cus he wants me to at least get my visa first week of Oct so that I can join the school for the new session..So should he go ahead and register it like that.. And I pay the 1000euros for my part payment of tuition? Pls any body can contribute to this..
Students in CIU already can help too

You can register for undergrad if you are less than 25 years and have the transcript to convert you to master program asap. If not you will be highly bleeped up. Ensure you have full year fees, accommodation and living expenses with you. Jobs are scarce and wages are low especially casual jobs.

Best wishes!
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 1:31pm On Aug 16, 2017
meetgaby:
I want to start my application for a masters course...what are the things I need to have to start?

Have Full year tuition fee ready in your account and accommodation. Visit the university websites to learn more regarding documents for admission, school status and others.
Re: North Cyprus by marksmart22: 6:40pm On Aug 16, 2017
You can register for undergrad if you are less than 25 years and have the transcript to convert you to master program asap. If not you will be highly bleeped up. Ensure you have full year fees, accommodation and living expenses with you. Jobs are scarce and wages are low especially casual jobs.

Best wishes![/quote]
Re: North Cyprus by marksmart22: 6:42pm On Aug 16, 2017
wip7:

Best wishes!

Yes I am exactly 25 years old.. So it is a go ahead.. right?
And secondly will I have to send the transcripts to school online.. Or when I get to cyprus? Cus I am positive before I go I will be having the student copy of my transcript with me..
Like how much should one hold to survive in the island for a beginner including accommodation(staying off-campus) and feeding?

Another thing I have this intention of leaving the island to another Europe country like turkey, Us, or even Canada and so on after my master program..

As for the job scarcity, I believe it is everywhere even in other European countries.. Most important things is to have God by our side.. and also ur contacts.. If u mingle with the right crowd u might be lucky to get this thing easier and sometimes faster..
Re: North Cyprus by marksmart22: 9:50am On Aug 17, 2017
iz2much:
cyprus international university

I am coming there soon..
Remember how wip2 helped that year.. So you should to help us too.. But be wise sha because at the end of the day..some Nigerians can be ungrateful..

@wip2
How u dey.. Pls give me ur email.. Thanks.. I wanna discuss something with you

(1) (2) (3) ... (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) ... (356)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria...

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.