Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,130 members, 7,821,866 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:27 PM

It's Maulid Nabiyy, Let's Celebrate Our Prophet. - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / It's Maulid Nabiyy, Let's Celebrate Our Prophet. (11389 Views)

Mawlid Nabiyy Is An Innovation(bidi'a) / Ten Reasons You Shouldn't Celebrate Maolid Nabiyy / "Reasons Why You Should Not Celebrate Maulud Nabiyy: Supposed Prophet's Birthday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It's Maulid Nabiyy, Let's Celebrate Our Prophet. by Dante2008(m): 12:04pm On Dec 12, 2016
rattlesnake:
Maulid kini....how many in one year?
yes inasmuch as i don't celebrate maulid nabiy and I don't support it celebration because it has no basis in Islam, is an innovation that is not good, you should understand something the Islamic calender is different from the gregorian. So don't judge any Islamic activity with the gregorian calender date. It has it own calender known to be the HIJRAH CALENDER.

1 Like

Re: It's Maulid Nabiyy, Let's Celebrate Our Prophet. by Sufisunni: 12:33pm On Dec 12, 2016
Happpy Eid Maulud!!

1 Like

Re: It's Maulid Nabiyy, Let's Celebrate Our Prophet. by Sufisunni: 12:34pm On Dec 12, 2016
cyojunior1:

Wat an irony !

They can also make siyara'a to d prophet tomb during hajj if u ask dem they would say its because of d love they have for rasul bt to celebrate his birth they say its bid'ah !
Wahhabism/Saudism is the only thing they understand

1 Like

Re: It's Maulid Nabiyy, Let's Celebrate Our Prophet. by jamislaw(m): 12:35pm On Dec 12, 2016
avicenna1:

Subhanallah
yes that's how far I love RusuLLAH, Izala boy.
Re: It's Maulid Nabiyy, Let's Celebrate Our Prophet. by Ahmadgani(m): 1:02pm On Dec 12, 2016
Danmaiduguri:

Pls do u hav any Verse in Quran or authentic hadith that say we should perform maulid?
I don't celebrate maulud and I am not asking anybody to celebrate it.

2 Likes

Re: It's Maulid Nabiyy, Let's Celebrate Our Prophet. by mustymatic(m): 1:16pm On Dec 12, 2016
madridguy:
Well, am still waiting for direct answer to my question.

I just gave you
Now gimme the one that says you should perform maulud

1 Like

Re: It's Maulid Nabiyy, Let's Celebrate Our Prophet. by princessayesha(f): 2:03pm On Dec 12, 2016
Mashaallah. Jazakallahu khairan Op.
May we learn from his Sunnah.Amin
Re: It's Maulid Nabiyy, Let's Celebrate Our Prophet. by Lukay99: 2:10pm On Dec 12, 2016
usmanktg2:

Why can't you stop this nonsense for once please, Forget the fact that am doing Maulid. Let us celebrate our Prophet SAW. Is that bid'a also?

May the good times and treasures of the present become the golden memories of tomorrow by virtue of Prophet Muhammad.
Wish you lots of love, joy and happiness.
Happy Maulid

Assalam alaykum is Maulud really part of Islam?

There is nothing in the Qur’aan to say that we should celebrate the Mawlid or birthday of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). The Prophet himself (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) did not do this or command anyone to do it, either during his lifetime or after his death. Indeed, he told them not to exaggerate about him as the Christians had exaggerated about Jesus (upon whom be peace). He said: “Do not exaggerate about me as the Christians exaggerated about the son of Maryam. I am only a slave, so say, ‘The slave of Allaah and His Messenger.’” (Reported by al-Bukhaari). What has been reported is that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) made the day of his birth a day of worship, which is different to celebration. He was asked about fasting on Mondays, and he said: “That is the day on which I was born and the day on which I was entrusted with the Mission or when I was first given Revelation.” (Reported by Muslim, al-Nisaa’i and Abu Dawood).

Moreover, we know that the Sahaabah (may Allaah be pleased with them) were the people who loved the Prophet most. Was it reported that Abu Bakr, who was the closest of people to him and the one who loved him the most, celebrated the birthday of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)? Was it reported that ‘Umar, who ruled for twelve years, or ‘Uthmaan, did this? Was it reported that ‘Ali, his relative and foster son, did this? Was it reported that any of the Sahaabah did this? No, by Allaah! Is it because they were not aware of its importance, or did they not truly love the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)? No one would say such a thing except one who has gone astray and is leading others astray.

Did any of the imaams – Abu Haneefah, Maalik, al-Shaafi’i, Ahmad, al-Hasan al-Basri, Ibn Seereen – do this or command others to do it or say that it was good? By Allaah, no! It was not even mentioned during the first and best three centuries. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said in a saheeh hadeeth: “The best of mankind are my generation (or my century), then those who come after them, then those who come after them. Then there will come a people who will not care if their testimony comes before their oath or vice versa (i.e., they will not take such matter seriously).” (Reported by al-Bukhaari, Muslim and al-Tirmidhi). The celebration of the Prophet’s birthday appeared many centuries later, when many of the features of true religion had vanished and bid’ah had become widespread.

1 Like

Re: It's Maulid Nabiyy, Let's Celebrate Our Prophet. by dawahlarry: 2:34pm On Dec 12, 2016
At least people have been enlightened to some extent. Those celebrating it are now minorities. May Allaah keep quenching their innovations in Islam.

2 Likes

Re: It's Maulid Nabiyy, Let's Celebrate Our Prophet. by usmanktg2(m): 2:34pm On Dec 12, 2016
Lukay99:

There is nothing in the Qur’aan to say that we should celebrate the Mawlid or birthday of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). The Prophet himself (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) did not do this or command anyone to do it, either during his lifetime or after his death. Indeed, he told them not to exaggerate about him as the Christians had exaggerated about Jesus (upon whom be peace). He said: “Do not exaggerate about me as the Christians exaggerated about the son of Maryam. I am only a slave, so say, ‘The slave of Allaah and His Messenger.’” (Reported by al-Bukhaari). What has been reported is that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) made the day of his birth a day of worship, which is different to celebration. He was asked about fasting on Mondays, and he said: “That is the day on which I was born and the day on which I was entrusted with the Mission or when I was first given Revelation.” (Reported by Muslim, al-Nisaa’i and Abu Dawood).

Moreover, we know that the Sahaabah (may Allaah be pleased with them) were the people who loved the Prophet most. Was it reported that Abu Bakr, who was the closest of people to him and the one who loved him the most, celebrated the birthday of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)? Was it reported that ‘Umar, who ruled for twelve years, or ‘Uthmaan, did this? Was it reported that ‘Ali, his relative and foster son, did this? Was it reported that any of the Sahaabah did this? No, by Allaah! Is it because they were not aware of its importance, or did they not truly love the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)? No one would say such a thing except one who has gone astray and is leading others astray.

Did any of the imaams – Abu Haneefah, Maalik, al-Shaafi’i, Ahmad, al-Hasan al-Basri, Ibn Seereen – do this or command others to do it or say that it was good? By Allaah, no! It was not even mentioned during the first and best three centuries. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said in a saheeh hadeeth: “The best of mankind are my generation (or my century), then those who come after them, then those who come after them. Then there will come a people who will not care if their testimony comes before their oath or vice versa (i.e., they will not take such matter seriously).” (Reported by al-Bukhaari, Muslim and al-Tirmidhi). The celebration of the Prophet’s birthday appeared many centuries later, when many of the features of true religion had vanished and bid’ah had become widespread.

Are you done? I am Not Interested, Bidah or not, is your problem, not ours.

Happy Maulid

1 Like 1 Share

Re: It's Maulid Nabiyy, Let's Celebrate Our Prophet. by Lukay99: 3:00pm On Dec 12, 2016
Nnwannsukka:

Hmmmmmmmmmm
Even when he killed, raped, converted and all sorts of evil things
I believe he didn't complain grin cheesy[right][/right]

Stop spreading rumors(lies)
What exactly do you expect him to do when he's being attacked during War by the enemies trying to kill him? Are you saying its wrong for him to fight back in order to protect his family, community, and religion?

There's is not a single person that was forced to convert to Islam by Prophet Muhammad(saw) even Allah directly told Muhammad(saw) in the Quran that he Muhammad(saw) cannot decide Who can or cannot be a Muslim. his job as a prophet is just to deliver the message (Messenger of Allah) he could not even convert his own Uncle that raised and protected him all his life. Quran 28:56 clearly say Indeed, [O Muhammad], you do not guide whom you like, but Allah guides whom He wills. And He is most knowing of the [rightly] guided.

Who exactly did Muhammad(saw) raped ? or are you now saying when a man have sex with his wife is rape to you?

1 Like

Re: It's Maulid Nabiyy, Let's Celebrate Our Prophet. by Hash86(m): 3:08pm On Dec 12, 2016
Happy birthday to the greatest man ever. Sallalahu alaihi wasallam

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: It's Maulid Nabiyy, Let's Celebrate Our Prophet. by blantyre: 6:06pm On Dec 12, 2016
[quote author=muzari post=51851067]Do you love the prophet more than the prophet himself, his companions who spent time with him (sahaba), those who follow them (ta'abihi) and those after them (tabatabihi) or the four imams.
This Bidia (innovation) came years after the death of rosul, it's never supported by those who love the prophet and in fact they discourage it. So, don't encourage it if you love sunnah. But as a lover of Bidia, you will always find excuses to justify the act
was sallam[/quote
For the records, over 80% of muslims world over celebrate maulud. And I have come to notice that Muslims come in two categories, extremists and moderates. Those vehemently opposed to maulud are the extremists who ride on the pretence of purifying Islam to promote violence. They are sympathetic to terror groups like ISIS, Taliban, Al shabab and boko haram. In fact the very ideology that Terrorists use to justify killings are promoted by these salafists and wahabists. On the other hand the moderates sufists are peace loving and their beliefs radiates love, compassion and understanding. Is a rule in Islam that what justify any action in Islam is the intention behind it. We do maulud to tell the world who prophet Muhammad is, his life, struggles and achievements,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: It's Maulid Nabiyy, Let's Celebrate Our Prophet. by blantyre: 7:22pm On Dec 12, 2016
Rafidi:

not some Muslims...Wahhabis do not celebrate birthday of the Prophet (s). but these hypocrites celebrate the birthday of the King in Saudi Arabia. they also celebrate the national day of saudi (the birthday of saudi arabia). likewise they declare other Muslims who visit the graves of holy people, but they visit the grave of politicians and place wreath. hypocrisy!!! wahhabi saudi arabia is the country that identify itself as Muslim that does not celebrate mawlud.

everything that has to do with peace, and upholding Islamic heritage and honoring the figures of Islam, these Wahhabis are against. the same reasons they go about blowing up Muslims in the name of Takfir and declaring them apostates and out of the pale of Islam. they have problems with all of humanity. they hate christians, they hate hindus, they hate buddhist, they call atheists terrorists in saudi arabia, and they even kill other Muslims, especially Shia. worse, they even kill the very Sunnis who disagree with them and reject the wahhabi ideology of Muhammad Ibn Abdul-Wahab. all they do is to sow division and hatred among Muslims. they control the holiest places of Islam, and they have huge money from oil and they have the backing of the western powers.

when you hear that ISLAM IS PEACE, it is true! Islam is peace. but wahhabis want to turn Islam into terror. Muhammad (s), the prophet of Allah is described in the Quran as "mercy unto humanity". but Wahhabis want to make it look like he was a curse to humanity. so please, all and all, differentiate between Islam and Wahhabism. Islam is the path of peaceful Muslims. Wahhabism is the path and ideology that fuels terrorism of the likes of boko, isis, alqaeda, al shabab, al-this and al-that.

they are describing Mawlud celebration as a Shia initiation. it is not. it is Sunnah and Islamic to celebrate the Prophet's (s) birthday. nothing wrong with honoring the Prophet's (s) memory. mainstream Sunnis celebrate Mawlud. that shows you Muslims are united after all the bloodshed wahhabism has caused to divide Sunnis and Shia. the Prophet Muhammad (s) is a uniting force and his birthday should not and will not divide us. anyone who claims mawlud is "Shia", tell him that not celebrating mawlud is Wahhabi; and not celebrating it has nothing to do with Islam.
Alhamdulillah, your write up is wonderful and educative, may Allah reward you abundantly
Re: It's Maulid Nabiyy, Let's Celebrate Our Prophet. by blantyre: 7:32pm On Dec 12, 2016
Lukay99:

For the records, over 80% of muslims world over celebrate maulud. And I have come to notice that Muslims come in two categories, extremists and moderates. Those vehemently opposed to maulud are the extremists who ride on the pretence of purifying Islam to promote violence. They are sympathetic to terror groups like ISIS, Taliban, Al shabab and boko haram. In fact the very ideology that Terrorists use to justify killings are promoted by these salafists and wahabists. On the other hand the moderates sufists are peace loving and their beliefs radiates love, compassion and understanding. Is a rule in Islam that what justify any action in Islam is the intention behind it. We do maulud to tell the world who prophet Muhammad is, his life, struggles and achievements,

2 Likes

Re: It's Maulid Nabiyy, Let's Celebrate Our Prophet. by blantyre: 7:40pm On Dec 12, 2016
muzari:
Do you love the prophet more than the prophet himself, his companions who spent time with him (sahaba), those who follow them (ta'abihi) and those after them (tabatabihi) or the four imams.
This Bidia (innovation) came years after the death of rosul, it's never supported by those who love the prophet and in fact they discourage it. So, don't encourage it if you love sunnah. But as a lover of Bidia, you will always find excuses to justify the act
was sallam
The prophet said "Among those of my Community who love me most would be people that will come after me, who would willingly give away their family and property in exchange for seeing me"

2 Likes

Re: It's Maulid Nabiyy, Let's Celebrate Our Prophet. by Abdulkatcha(m): 8:18pm On Dec 12, 2016
Happy maulud nabiy sallalau alaihi wasalam

1 Like

Re: It's Maulid Nabiyy, Let's Celebrate Our Prophet. by Nobody: 6:36am On Dec 13, 2016
jamislaw:
yes that's how far I love RusuLLAH, Izala boy.
Fear Allah. This isn't love but something else. If you loved the prophet, you would follow his sunnah. You are praying for Jahannam cos of your self desire.

1 Like

Re: It's Maulid Nabiyy, Let's Celebrate Our Prophet. by jamislaw(m): 6:47am On Dec 13, 2016
avicenna1:

Fear Allah. This isn't love but something else. If you loved the prophet, you would follow his sunnah. You are praying for Jahannam cos of your self desire.
My self desire is to be happy and celebrate the day my prophet was born, Allah said if anything good happen to you be happy and celebrate if you have the means. pls keep off my mention Izala boy.

2 Likes

Re: It's Maulid Nabiyy, Let's Celebrate Our Prophet. by jamislaw(m): 6:52am On Dec 13, 2016
avicenna1:

what do you know about Sunna? Stop reading all those books if you want to preach go and learn from scholars not less than 5 years then come back to Nairaland and tell me about Sunna.

1 Like

Re: It's Maulid Nabiyy, Let's Celebrate Our Prophet. by Sufisunni: 3:50pm On Dec 13, 2016
Rafidi:

not some Muslims...Wahhabis do not celebrate birthday of the Prophet (s). but these hypocrites celebrate the birthday of the King in Saudi Arabia. they also celebrate the national day of saudi (the birthday of saudi arabia). likewise they declare other Muslims who visit the graves of holy people, but they visit the grave of politicians and place wreath. hypocrisy!!! wahhabi saudi arabia is the country that identify itself as Muslim that does not celebrate mawlud.

everything that has to do with peace, and upholding Islamic heritage and honoring the figures of Islam, these Wahhabis are against. the same reasons they go about blowing up Muslims in the name of Takfir and declaring them apostates and out of the pale of Islam. they have problems with all of humanity. they hate christians, they hate hindus, they hate buddhist, they call atheists terrorists in saudi arabia, and they even kill other Muslims, especially Shia. worse, they even kill the very Sunnis who disagree with them and reject the wahhabi ideology of Muhammad Ibn Abdul-Wahab. all they do is to sow division and hatred among Muslims. they control the holiest places of Islam, and they have huge money from oil and they have the backing of the western powers.

when you hear that ISLAM IS PEACE, it is true! Islam is peace. but wahhabis want to turn Islam into terror. Muhammad (s), the prophet of Allah is described in the Quran as "mercy unto humanity". but Wahhabis want to make it look like he was a curse to humanity. so please, all and all, differentiate between Islam and Wahhabism. Islam is the path of peaceful Muslims. Wahhabism is the path and ideology that fuels terrorism of the likes of boko, isis, alqaeda, al shabab, al-this and al-that.

they are describing Mawlud celebration as a Shia initiation. it is not. it is Sunnah and Islamic to celebrate the Prophet's (s) birthday. nothing wrong with honoring the Prophet's (s) memory. mainstream Sunnis celebrate Mawlud. that shows you Muslims are united after all the bloodshed wahhabism has caused to divide Sunnis and Shia. the Prophet Muhammad (s) is a uniting force and his birthday should not and will not divide us. anyone who claims mawlud is "Shia", tell him that not celebrating mawlud is Wahhabi; and not celebrating it has nothing to do with Islam.
Thanks brother. U ve said it all, Wahhabists couldnt have been better described that what u just wrote up! Wahhabists sheer hypocrisy wonders me atimes, any act of honouring the most noble prophet becomes a problem to them and hadiths backing such acts is weak in their beliefs, but they are ever ready to accept any hadiths that brings down the nobility of the prophet(SAW) subhanallah!

2 Likes

Re: It's Maulid Nabiyy, Let's Celebrate Our Prophet. by shawl: 4:32pm On Dec 13, 2016
In fact, it can be argued from the holy Qur'an that celebrating mawlud should be deemed an act that is at least permitted, mubah.

This is because if you carry out an act that expresses love or shows respect (or compassion) toward something that is regarded as something from among the symbols of Allah, then this show of love, respect, compassion etc is an indication of deep level of piety in the heart of such a person.

Qur'an 22:32
...if one observes the sanctity of the symbols of Allah, then such things emanate from the piety of the hearts.

...It means that respect for the Symbols of Allah is an evidence of the piety of heart, which indicates that the symbols of Allah are respected by the one who has taqwa (fear of Allah) in his heart and that taqwa is a quality which rests in one's heart...
Tafsir (Ma'ariful Qur'an)

Also it can be submitted that among the sha'airAllah, the coming of the prophet, sallAllahu alayhi wa sallam, is the most prominent. It is the moment the heart that is going to carry the message of Islam was delivered to the world. All other sha'airAllah became known to us through him, sallAllahu alayhi wa sallam.

It is mentioned in the Qur'an:
O Prophet, indeed We have sent you as a witness and a bringer of good tidings and a warner.
33:45

He, sallAllahu alayhi wa sallam, said in a hadith:
The Hour and I have been sent as close together as these two (his two fingers, sallAllahu alayhi wa sallam).
Sunan An-Nasa’i 1578

Now, this very important landmark for the entire humanity comes around only once in a year and some people are saying that it should not elicit any kind of reaction whatsoever from the entire muslim ummah? We should just keep mum like not a fly passed by?

For those who say the sahaba i kiram, radiyAllahu anh, did not celebrate mawlud, they should recall that the sahaba i kiram, radiyAllahu anhum, on a daily basis, showed personal connections to the prophet, sallAllahu alayhi wa sallam, out of respect and honor and that is besides what the religion has obligated upon them. They would kiss his hand, catch his spit etc. Were those actions recommended acts of worship? Of course, no. They did it out of love, respect and honor for him, sallAllahu alayhi wa sallam. However, us later muslims do not have this opportunity to connect to the personality of the prophet, sallAllahu alayhi wa sallam, like the sahaba, radiyAllahu anhum, had. Mawlud nabiyy offers that opportunity my dear brothers.

Imam Malik, rahmatUllahi alayh, is said to have rejected maulud nabiyy as quoted by @lexiconkabir.
Imaam Maalik said:
"The last generations of this ummah can only be rectified by that which rectified its first generations. What was not part of the religion then cannot become part of the religion now"

We ask: Where do they get this statement from if maulud nabiyy is meant to have been a sixth or seventh century innovation?

1 Like

Re: It's Maulid Nabiyy, Let's Celebrate Our Prophet. by Sufisunni: 4:36pm On Dec 13, 2016
blantyre:
Wahhabism is synonymous with terrorism, yes! their forebears were responsible for mass murder of muslims in Hijaz during the formative yrs of Saudi kingdom. The then terrorists were backed by Bristish with the sole aim of bringing down Ottoman empire. There is no any disparity between ISIS, AL shabab, Alqaeda, Bokoharam and how Saudi Kingdom was established. These saudis cant do without their godfathers (UK & US) and therefore have secret ties with them. Imagine, naming a country after an individual "Saudi Kingdom" this tells their hypocrisy and insatiable love for materialism.

1 Like

Re: It's Maulid Nabiyy, Let's Celebrate Our Prophet. by Sufisunni: 4:42pm On Dec 13, 2016
Danmaiduguri:

pls do u have any Verse in quran or Authentic hadith that say muslims should do maulid?
Surah Yunus, Verse 58:
قُلْ بِفَضْلِ اللَّهِ وَبِرَحْمَتِهِ فَبِذَٰلِكَ فَلْيَفْرَحُوا هُوَ خَيْرٌ مِّمَّا يَجْمَعُونَ

Say: In the bounty of Allah and in His mercy: therein let them rejoice. It is better than what they hoard.
(English - Pickthal)

via iQuran. Check for the exegesis of the above ayah.

1 Like

Re: It's Maulid Nabiyy, Let's Celebrate Our Prophet. by Sufisunni: 5:01pm On Dec 13, 2016
Danmaiduguri:

Do u hav any ayah in quran or sahih hadith that commands muslims to celebrate maulid?
Fatawa Of The Rightly Guided Imams On Mawlid
by Sh. G. F. Haddad
Imam Al-Suyuti
Ibn Taymiyya
the basis of Mawlid
the activities of Mawlid
others who wrote about Mawlid
the Mufti of Mecca on Mawlid
one of the best innovations
Ibn Rajab al-Hanbali
Some Sayings Of The Rightly Guided Imams On
Mawlid
Al-Suyuti, Ibn Taymiyya, the Mufti of Mecca
and many others
Imam Al-Suyuti, from Alhawi lil-Fatawi wrote a
special chapter entitled "The Good Intention In
Commemorating The Mawlid," at the beginning
of which he said, "There is a question being
asked about commemorating the mawlid of the
Prophet in the month of Rabi' al-Awal: What is
the religious legal ruling in this regard, is it
good or bad? Does the one who celebrates get
rewarded or not?"
The answer according to me is as follows: To
commemorate the mawlid which is basically
gathering people together, reciting parts of the
Quran, narrating stories about the Prophet's
birth and signs that accompanied it, then
serving food and afterwards departing, is one
of the good innovations ; and the one who
practices it gets rewarded, because it involves
venerating the status of the Prophet and
expressing joy for his honorable birth.
Ibn Taymiyya
Ibn Taymiyya said in his book Iqtida' Al Sirat
Al Mustaqeem (Cairo, al-Fiqqi 1950 edition,
pages 294 and 297)
"What some people innovated, either to
emulate the Christians who celebrate the
birth of `Isa (as) or out of love for the
Prophet and in order to exalt him:
Allah MAY reward them for such love and
effort but not for the innovations [...]. So
one MAY magnify the birthdate of the
Prophet upon him blessings and peace, AND
treat it as a festival, perhaps obtaining
IMMENSE REWARD for it because of his
good intentions in honoring the Messenger
of Allah."
(ma yuhdithuhu ba`du al-naasi immaa
mudaahaatan lil-nasaara fi meelaadi `Isaa
`alayhi as-Salam wa'imma mahabbatan lil-
Nabiyyi SallAllahu `alayhi wa Sallam
wata`zeeman lahu, wAllaahu qad
yutheebuhum `ala haadhihi al-mahabbati
wal- ijtihaadi laa `ala al-bida`i [...].
Fata`zeemu al-mawlidi wattikhaadhuhu
mawsiman qad yaf`aluhu ba`du al-naasi
wayakunu lahu feehi ajrun `azeemun lihusni
qasdihi wata`zeemihi lirasulillaah).
This text is found in the 2nd edition
(1369/1950) of Muhammad Hamid al-Fiqqi at
Cairo's Matba`at al-Sunnat al-Muhammadiyya.
This is a saying of someone who set fanaticism
aside and sought to please Allah and his Prophet
. As far as we are concerned, we commemorate
the Mawlid for no other reason but what Ibn
Taymiya said, "Out of love and veneration of
the Prophet." May Allah reward us according to
this love and effort.
Al Suyuti
In the same source previously mentioned, Al
Suyuti said, "Someone asked Ibn Hajar about
commemorating the Mawlid. Ibn Hajar
answered:
As for the origin of the practice of
commemorating the Prophet's birth , it is
an innovation ( bida'a ) that has not been
conveyed to us from any of the pious early
muslims of the first three centuries,
despite which it has included both
features that are praisweorthy and
features that are not. If one takes care to
include in such a commemoration only things
that are praiseworthy and avoids those
that are otherwise, it is a praiseworthy
innovation, while if ones does not, it is not.
An authentic primary textual basis from
which its legal validity is inferable has
occured to me, namely the rigourously
authenticated ( sahih ) hadith in the
collections of Bukhari and Muslim that '
the Prophet came to Medina and found the
Jews fasting on the tenth of Muharram
( 'Ashura ' ), so he asked them about it
and they replied
'It is the day on which Allah drowned
Pharaoh and rescued Moses, so we fast in
it to thanks to Allah Most high',
which indicates the validity of giving
thanks to Allah for the blessings He has
bestowed on a particular day in providing a
benefit, or averting an affliction,
repeating one's thanks on the anniversary
of that day every year, giving thanks to
Allah taking any various forms of worship
such as prostration, fasting, giving charity
or reciting the Koran."
Al Suyuti then further writes, "Then what
blessing is greater than the birth of the
Prophet , the Prophet of Mercy, on this day?"
(Quotation from Al Suyuti continues at )
"This is regarding the basis of Mawlid. As for
the activities, there should be only the things
that express thankfulness to Allah, such as
what has been previously mentioned: reciting
Quran, eating food, giving charity, reciting
poetry praising the Prophet or on piety which
moves hearts and drives them to do good and
work for the Hereafter."
These are the derivations that those opposed to
Mawlid call false conclusions and invalid
analogies.
Imam Mohammed bin Abu Bakr Abdullah Al
Qaisi Al Dimashqi.
Jami' Al Athar fi Mawlid, Al Nabiy Al Mukhtar,
Al lafz al ra'iq fi Mawlid khayr al khala'iq, and
Mawlid al sadi fi Mawlid Al Hadi,
Imam Al `Iraqi.
Al Mawlid al heni fi al Mawlid al sani.
Mulla `Ali Al Qari.
Al Mawlid Al rawi fil Mawlid al Nabawi.
Imam Ibn Dahiya.
Al Tanweer fi Mawlid Al basheer Al Nadheer.
Imam Shamsu Din bin Nasir Al Dimashqi.
Mawlid al Sadi fi Mawlid Al Hadi. He is the one
who said about the Prophets estranged uncle,
Abu Lahab, "This unbeliever who has been
dispraised, { "perish his hands" } [111: 1], will
stay in Hell forever. Yet, every Monday his
torment is being reduced because of his joy at
the birth of the Prophet." How much mercy can
a servant expect who spends all his life joyous
about the Prophet and dies believing in the
Oneness of Allah?
Imam Shamsu Din Ibn Al Jazri.
Al Nashr fil Qira'at Al `Ashr, `Urf Al Ta'reef
bil Mawlid al shareef.
Imam Ibn Al Jawzi
Imam Ibn Al Jawzi said about the honorable
Mawlid, "It is security throughout the year, and
glad tidings that all wishes and desires will be
fulfilled."
Imam Abu Shama
Imam Abu Shama (Imam Nawawi's shaykh) in his
book Al ba'ith ala Inkar Al bida` wal hawadith
(pg.23) said, "One of the best innovations
in our time is what is being done every year on
the Prophets birthday, such as giving charity,
doing good deeds, displaying ornaments, and
expressing joy, for that expresses the feelings
of love and veneration for him in the hearts
of those who are celebrating, and also, shows
thankfulness to Allah for His bounty by sending
His Messenger, the one who has been sent as a
Mercy to the worlds."
Imam Al Shihab Al Qastalani
Imam Al Shihab Al Qastalani (Al Bukhari's
commentator) in his book Al mawahib Al
Ladunniya (1-148) said, "May Allah have mercy
on the one who turns the nights of the month of
the Prophets birth into festivities in order to
decrease the suffering of those whose hearts
are filled with disease and sickness."
Other Shuyukh On Mawlid
There are others who wrote and spoke about
Mawlid, such as Imam Al Sakhawi, Imam Wajihu
Din bin `Ali bin al Dayba' al Shaybani al Zubaidi,
and many more , which we will not mention
due to the limited space available. From these
many evidences, it should be clear by now that
celebrating the Mawlid is highly commendable
and allowed. Surely we cannot simply shrug off
as heretics the scholars and dignitaries of this
nation who approved the commemoration of the
Mawlid and wrote countless books on the
subject. Are all these scholars, to whom the
whole world is indebted for the beneficial books
they have written on Prophetic sayings,
jurisprudence, commentaries, and other sorts of
knowledge, among the indecent who commit sins
and evil? Are they, as those opposed to Mawlid
claim, imitating the Christians in celebrating
the birth of Jesus? Are they claiming that the
Prophet did not convey to the nation what they
should do? We leave answers to these questions
up to you.
Peace & Blessings upon Sayyidina Muhammad ,
his Family, and his Companions.
From The Muslim Magazine with permission.
Dr. `Isa al-Mani` al-Humayri, Department of
Awqaaf, Dubai
Office of Religious Endowments and Islamic
Affairs, Dubai Administration of Ifta' and
Research
Al Suyuti also statet:
In light of which, one should take care to
commemorate it on the day itself in order to
conform to the above story of Moses and the
tenth of Muharram, those who do not view the
matter thus do not mind commemorating it on
any other day of the month, while some have
expanded its time to any of the day of the year,
whatever exception may be taken at such a
view.
Reference :
al Suyuti, Jalal al Din.
al Hawi li al fatawi al fiqh was ulum al tafsir was
al hadith wa al usul wa al nahw wa al i wa sa'ir al
funun. 2 vols. 1352/1933 - 34 Reprint Beirut :
Dar al Kutub al Ilmiyya, 1403/1983. Quoted in
The Reliance of the Traveller ( Ahmad ibn
Naqib al Misri ) A Classical Manual of Islamic
Sacred Law translated by Noah Ha Mim Keller
( 1991 ) page w58.0 --> w59.0
The Mufti of Mecca
The Mufti of Mecca on Mawlid
According to the Mufti of Mecca Ahmad ibn
Zayni Dahlan, in his book al-Sira al-nabawiyya wa
al-athar al-muhammadiyya, page 51: "To
celebrate the Mawlid and to remember the
Prophet is accepted by all the Ulama of the
Muslims." Most of the following quotations are
taken from that work.
Other Scholars' Opinions On The Mawlid
Imam Subki
Imam Subki said, "When we were celebrating
the Prophet's birthday , a great uns
(familiarity) comes to our heart, and we feel
something special."
Imam Shawkani
Imam Shawkani in his book al-Badr at-tali`,
said, "It is permissible to celebrate the
Prophet's birthday." He mentioned that Mullah
`Ali Qari held the same opinion in a book
entitled al-Mawrid ar-Rawi fi al-Mawlid al-
Nabawi, written specifically to support the
celebration of the Prophet's birthday.
Imam Abu Shama
Imam Abu Shama, the sheikh of Imam Nawawi,
said in his book on innovations entitled: al-
Ba`ith `ala inkar al-bida` wa al-hawadith:
The best innovation in our day is the
remembrance of the Prophet's birthday. On
that day, people give much donations, make
much worship, show much love to the Prophet,
and give much thanks to Allah Almighty for
sending them His Messenger to keep them on
the Sunna and Shari`a of Islam.
Imam Sakhawi
Imam Sakhawi said, "The Mawlid was begun
three centuries after the Prophet , and all
Muslim nations celebrated it, and all `ulama
accepted it, by worshipping Allah alone, by
giving donations and by reading the Prophet's
Sira."
Ibn Hajar al-Haytami
Hafiz Ibn Hajar al-Haytami said , "As Jews
celebrated the day of `Ashura by fasting to
thank Allah, we also have to celebrate the day
of Mawlid," and he quoted the aforementioned
hadith, "When the Prophet came to Madina..."
Ibn Hajar continues, "One gives thanks to Allah
for the favor that He gave on a particular day
either through a great good, or through the
averting of a disaster. That day is celebrated
every year thereafter. Thanksgiving entails
various forms of worship like prostration, fast,
charity, and recitation of Qur'an, and what
greater good is there than the advent of that
Prophet, the Prophet of Mercy , on the day of
Mawlid?"
Ibn al-Jawzi
Ibn al-Jawzi (d. 597) wrote a booklet of poems
and sira to be read at mawlid celebrations. It is
entitled Mawlid al-`arus and begins with the
words: al-hamdu lillah al-ladhi abraza min
ghurrati `arusi al-hadrati subhan mustanira:
"Praise be to Allah Who has manifested from
the radiance of the bridegroom of His presence
a lightgiving daybreak..."
[From The Muslim Magazine with permission.]
Gathering For The Mawlid
During The Month Of Rabi` al-Awwal
Question:
Is it permissible to gather during the month of
Rabi` al-Awwal to remember the birth of the
noble Prophet Allah bless him and give him
peace)?
Answer:
In his Lata'if al-Ma`arif, a book on what
Muslims should do for each month and season of
the years, the great hadith master Ibn Rajab
al-Hanbali held three lessons. The first two
lessons concerned the birth of the Prophet and
the third and final lessons concerning his death.
Allah bless him and his family and give them
peace. As a bare minimum, this shows that Ibn
Rajab considered teaching about the life of the
Prophet Allah bless him and give him peace)
during the month of Rabi` al-Awwal to be
something not only permissible, but of such
importance that it should be done in public.
While virtually no Muslims denies the
permissibility of studying the biography of the
Prophet Allah bless him and give him peace), a
vocal minority claims that this is a
[blameworthy] innovation. fn1 Mentioning the
birth and death of the Prophet Allah bless him
and give him peace as things that Muslims
should do during the month of Rabi` al-Awwal is
a clear indication from Ibn Rajab that it is
permissible:
1. to learn about the birth and death of the
Prophet Allah bless him and give him peace)
2. to gather in public to do so
3. to emphasis doing it during Rabi` al-Awwal is
permissible
While specific modalities of education about,
reminding of, and commemoration of these
things may take different rulings, they cannot
be declared categorically impermissible.
[See: Ibn Rajab al-Hanbali, Lata'if al-Ma`arif.
Damascus: Dar Ibn Kathir. 1999/1420 AH.

2 Likes

Re: It's Maulid Nabiyy, Let's Celebrate Our Prophet. by President99: 6:01pm On Dec 13, 2016
Sufisunni:
Happpy Eid Maulud!!

2 Likes

Re: It's Maulid Nabiyy, Let's Celebrate Our Prophet. by President99: 6:08pm On Dec 13, 2016
Sufisunni:
Happpy Eid Maulud!!
Let's celebrate the birthday of the greatest creature that ever liveth!. Haters r busy celebrating the day of Saud in Saudi kingdom! thank God is not Islamic kingdom but 'Saudi Kingdom'. What an Irony of life. We love prophet but Wahhabis love Saud.

2 Likes

Re: It's Maulid Nabiyy, Let's Celebrate Our Prophet. by mustymatic(m): 10:04am On Dec 14, 2016
Sufisunni:
Surah Yunus, Verse 58:
قُلْ بِفَضْلِ اللَّهِ وَبِرَحْمَتِهِ فَبِذَٰلِكَ فَلْيَفْرَحُوا هُوَ خَيْرٌ مِّمَّا يَجْمَعُونَ

Say: In the bounty of Allah and in His mercy: therein let them rejoice. It is better than what they hoard.
(English - Pickthal)

via iQuran. Check for the exegesis of the above ayah.
So you mean the rightly guided caliphs don't know this ayah, or forgotten.... subhanallah
Where is maulud there?
Dancing and singing with men and women, is that Islam?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: It's Maulid Nabiyy, Let's Celebrate Our Prophet. by kabytexin: 12:21pm On Dec 29, 2016
jamislaw:
Sallah Lahu Alei wassalam. Haters that say that Maulid is innovation they should go and die. Let God put me in jahanam because I celebrate the maulid of HABIBLAH.
may Allah give you mind to think before making any statement

1 Like

Re: It's Maulid Nabiyy, Let's Celebrate Our Prophet. by kabytexin: 12:26pm On Dec 29, 2016
can somebody tell me the difference between the christians and those who celebrate maulid, thank you.

1 Like

Re: It's Maulid Nabiyy, Let's Celebrate Our Prophet. by Sufisunni: 9:30am On Mar 04, 2017
Let's celebrate the birthday of the greatest creature that ever liveth!.
[/quote] yep. Haters r busy celebrating the day of Saud in Saudi kingdom! thank God is not Islamic kingdom but 'Saudi Kingdom'. What an Irony of life. We love prophet but Wahhabis love Saud.[/quote] thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

'Plucking of Eyebrows is not permissible In Islam / Healthy Way To Improve Your Voice During Quran Recitation / La Ilaha Illa Allah: It's Meaning And Implication

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.