Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,266 members, 7,815,436 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:24 PM

Reigners Bible Church Finally Opens Up On Church Building Mishap - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Reigners Bible Church Finally Opens Up On Church Building Mishap (46425 Views)

Leg Of Akan Weeks, Founder Of Collapsed Reigners Church In Uyo, May Be Amputated / Video Of Collapsed Reigners Bible Church Building In Uyo (Graphic Content) / Reigners Bible Church Collapse In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reigners Bible Church Finally Opens Up On Church Building Mishap by CXLVII: 11:52am On Dec 12, 2016
The pastor should please explain where his God was when over 50 people perished right under his house.

This re enough concrete reasons to be an Athiest

1 Like

Re: Reigners Bible Church Finally Opens Up On Church Building Mishap by emmanuelchux(m): 11:55am On Dec 12, 2016
So many bad news this ember month. God please preserve your own o. Nobody knows where is safe again.

Tufiakwa!
Re: Reigners Bible Church Finally Opens Up On Church Building Mishap by teelaw4life(m): 11:56am On Dec 12, 2016
Notice how the hierarchy survived. Most of the dead are the members and church workers. Not insinuating anything though, merely stating an observation.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reigners Bible Church Finally Opens Up On Church Building Mishap by 4nobody4every1: 12:00pm On Dec 12, 2016
sad sad sad
Re: Reigners Bible Church Finally Opens Up On Church Building Mishap by kenx27(m): 12:02pm On Dec 12, 2016
This is mysterious! Honestly their story is dicey.....its totally unacceptable. Vampires calling themselves Pastors.
Re: Reigners Bible Church Finally Opens Up On Church Building Mishap by joespiceman(m): 12:03pm On Dec 12, 2016
he has said it finish.....
Re: Reigners Bible Church Finally Opens Up On Church Building Mishap by oglalasioux(m): 12:04pm On Dec 12, 2016
Redomi:
Politics has led us among the sharp of the forest, Returning is not possible and going forward is a great difficulty. Nigeria affairs are like chameleon faeces when I step onto it, it cannot go......... Nigeria is not good for it citizen, but some people are just happy with their fate........Ondo State....my place of pride

You are a good scholar of Kofi Awoonor. Thumbs up.
Re: Reigners Bible Church Finally Opens Up On Church Building Mishap by Redomi(m): 12:07pm On Dec 12, 2016
oglalasioux:

You are a good scholar of Kofi Awoonor. Thumbs up.
I can sing that poem from beginning till end

1 Like

Re: Reigners Bible Church Finally Opens Up On Church Building Mishap by Nuel25846(m): 12:09pm On Dec 12, 2016
God is saying something....only few can hear.
Re: Reigners Bible Church Finally Opens Up On Church Building Mishap by Gbemiie: 12:10pm On Dec 12, 2016
Aiiiit
Re: Reigners Bible Church Finally Opens Up On Church Building Mishap by odiokay: 12:12pm On Dec 12, 2016
Rogodo22:
Members go dey fear to go their church now grin grin grin
see your teeth like Izah hoe
Re: Reigners Bible Church Finally Opens Up On Church Building Mishap by Bigcake: 12:15pm On Dec 12, 2016
To me, this press release is shallow. This is not the time to pour encoumiums on Udom Emmanuel. He was simply doing his job as the first citizen and chief security Officer of that State. I believe it would have made more sense if the Press release was aim at unanimously pacifying the bereaved. Notwithstanding, the press release should have captured the number of casualties.
Re: Reigners Bible Church Finally Opens Up On Church Building Mishap by Parkerthrillz(m): 12:22pm On Dec 12, 2016
[MUST READ] Let Akan Weeks Be Stoned To Death

Let me begin by notifying all that have been wondering if I am save that, so safe, healthy and hearty I am. Though many of you, despite having my contacts, refused to use them, but rather chose to wait until I mark myself safe on facebook. Truth is, I had prayed you wait forever.

As a matter of importance, my heart goes out to the families, friends and associates of those who lost their lives in the tragic incident that occurred in the late morning hours yesterday at the Reigners Bible Church, along Uyo Village Road, while service was ongoing for the consecration/enthronement of Apostle Akan Weeks.

CONTINUE READING HERE >> http://www.ibomreporters.com/must-read-let-akan-weeks-be-stoned-to-death/

Re: Reigners Bible Church Finally Opens Up On Church Building Mishap by Pylony(m): 12:29pm On Dec 12, 2016
fratermathy:
Don't open up na.

After killing innocent people in the name of Christianity.

They are praying for the wounded now. Why didnt they pray for the catastrophe not to happen in the first place?

They didn't even tell us how the ranks of the church managed to survive while hundreds died.
Go and listen to your self and tell your self if really you are even human for all the useless things you pour out here?

Why didn't a bigger catastrophe for instance the one that occured in the Meccan construction mishap for example that claim the lives of hundreds of muslim praying to their God not also avoided? when a construction crane hit by thunder storm fell down on worshipers praying in the name of allah, that did not prevent man made accident from happening and claiming innocent lives. Meanwhile, like that was not enough it was followed by thousands killed as aresult of being stampede upon by fellow worshipers which includes our fellow muslim country men and women who lost their lives that year.

So now are you saying these ones killed in this version were killed in the name of Islam or because their prayers that day were not enough? I believe such man made catastrophes would have being worst of if not for the intervention of God almighty the casualty figure would have being up the roof.

So learn to have empathy for fellow human life regardless of faith or religious belief and stop this useless blame game that won't benefit any one dead or alive..

2 Likes

Re: Reigners Bible Church Finally Opens Up On Church Building Mishap by fratermathy(m): 12:34pm On Dec 12, 2016
Pylony:
Go and listen to your self and tell your self if really you are even human for all the useless things you pour out here?

Why didn't a bigger catastrophe for instance the one that occured in the Meccan construction mishap for example that claim the lives of hundreds of muslim praying to their God not also avoided? when a construction crane hit by thunder storm fell down on worshipers praying in the name of allah, that did not prevent man made accident from happening and claiming innocent lives. Meanwhile, like that was not enough it was followed by thousands killed as aresult of being stampede upon by fellow worshipers which includes our fellow muslim country men and women who lost their lives that year.

So now are you saying these ones killed in this version were killed in the name of Islam or because their prayers that day were not enough? I believe such man made catastrophes would have being worst of if not for the intervention of God almighty the casualty figure would have being up the roof.

So learn to have empathy for fellow human life regardless of faith or religious belief.

Im not a Muslim, so your analogy doesn't hold waters for me and I don't have to show any form of empathy whatsoever to prove I am a human.

The pastor KILLED people for his own selfish reasons. That is all I need to know.

Religion has never helped anyone.

The pastor should be arrested for negligence and made to suffer for those he MURDERED.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reigners Bible Church Finally Opens Up On Church Building Mishap by AngryNigerian(m): 12:35pm On Dec 12, 2016
Ijaya123:
Anyone found culpable, no matter highly placed should be prosecuted. That's the only way to bring closure to this tragedy.

Prose-wetin again? Kukuma kii them all, aargh! To go begin make money for one "bribe-ridden" judge again? Hmmm...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reigners Bible Church Finally Opens Up On Church Building Mishap by AngryNigerian(m): 12:38pm On Dec 12, 2016
Pylony:

So learn to have empathy for fellow human life regardless of faith or religious belief and stop this useless blame game that won't benefit any one dead or alive..

Easy naa...all these, just to respond? U no know say people de Hangry everywhere
Re: Reigners Bible Church Finally Opens Up On Church Building Mishap by psalmsjob: 12:49pm On Dec 12, 2016
fratermathy:
Don't open up na.

After killing innocent people in the name of Christianity.

They are praying for the wounded now. Why didnt they pray for the catastrophe not to happen in the first place?

They didn't even tell us how the ranks of the church managed to survive while hundreds died.

Where is Apostle or Bishop Akan Weeks himself. Is he okay, injured or dead? Let the public know this too. No need to cover up we'll understand if something happened to him after all he is only but human and not in any way better than the dead and injured he is only privileged to "own" the Church.

Like I said in a similar topic to this today; God Almighty himself will bring down all this high-places of idol worshipping called His house. Because God is Spirit and the true worshippers of God will worship Him in spirit and in truth. Through the Holy Spirit and the teaching of Jesus Christ. Not all these give, give, give like leeches that we often hear from these Men of gods demand of their deluded members yet hunger and lack is rampant among the congregation but everyone of them is deciving the other because to own up to your problems means you are a sinner and doesn't tithe regularly and not giving enough offerings or attending all Church programs Monday to Sunday so everybody says "it is well" even inside well. Just like I find it hard to tell a suicide victim rest in peace, I'm finding it hard to say it to the dead in this incident but their families and those injured I will say; take heart, read your Bible and rededicate your life to Jesus only because he is the only one that save and meet your needs not some con-men feeding fat on you, even the chair they sit on in the so-called churches are more comfortable for the 2 to 4 hours services they subject you to almost on daily basis.
Re: Reigners Bible Church Finally Opens Up On Church Building Mishap by Pylony(m): 12:49pm On Dec 12, 2016
AngryNigerian:

Easy naa...all these, just to respond? U no know say people de Hangry everywhere
A hungry man is an angry man they say, but am not angry with my respond cos am not hungry in the recess economic situation grin just making a point.

1 Like

Re: Reigners Bible Church Finally Opens Up On Church Building Mishap by thebestprice(m): 12:50pm On Dec 12, 2016
pastor nor dey enough you wan promote your greedy head to bishop... you see ya self?
Re: Reigners Bible Church Finally Opens Up On Church Building Mishap by fratermathy(m): 12:54pm On Dec 12, 2016
psalmsjob:

Where is Apostle or Bishop Akan Weeks himself. Is he okay, injured or dead? Let the public know this too. No need to cover up we'll understand if something happened to him after all he is only but human and not in any way better than the dead and injured he is only privileged to "own" the Church.

Like I said in a similar topic to this today; God Almighty himself will bring down all this high-places of idol worshipping called His house. Because God is Spirit and the true worshippers of God will worship Him in spirit and in truth. Through the Holy Spirit and the teaching of Jesus Christ. Not all these give, give, give like leeches that we often hear from these Men of gods demand of their deluded members yet hunger and lack is rampant among the congregation but everyone of them is deciving the other because to own up to your problems means you are a sinner and doesn't tithe regularly and not giving enough offerings or attending all Church programs Monday to Sunday so everybody says "it is well" even inside well. Just like I find it hard to tell a suicide victim rest in peace, I'm finding it hard to say it to the dead in this incident but their families and those injured I will say; take heart, read your Bible and rededicate your life to Jesus only because he is the only one that save and meet your needs not some con-men feeding fat on you, even the chair they sit on in the so-called churches are more comfortable for the 2 to 4 hours services they subject you to almost on daily basis.

The clown who calls himself a pastor is very much alive, hale and hearty.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reigners Bible Church Finally Opens Up On Church Building Mishap by Pylony(m): 12:55pm On Dec 12, 2016
fratermathy:

Im not a Muslim, so your analogy doesn't hold waters for me and I don't have to show any form of empathy whatsoever to prove I am a human.

The pastor KILLED people for his own selfish reasons. That is all I need to know.

Religion has never helped anyone.

The pastor should be arrested for negligence and made to suffer for those he MURDERED.
Am not suprise, an Atheist is always an Atheist with no empathy for fellow men is your thing. Then go and arrest him your self since you yourself have some form of Anti-accident powers around you that detect and prevent Accidents before they occure.

1 Like

Re: Reigners Bible Church Finally Opens Up On Church Building Mishap by Ijaya123: 12:56pm On Dec 12, 2016
AngryNigerian:

Prose-wetin again? Kukuma kii them all, aargh! To go begin make money for one "bribe-ridden" judge again? Hmmm...

What value do we place on human life? People should just die like fowl and nobody held accountable for it? I beg to differ.

1 Like

Re: Reigners Bible Church Finally Opens Up On Church Building Mishap by juman(m): 12:57pm On Dec 12, 2016
Unfortunate!

Other churches should learn from this.
They should hire competent builders to build their churches.

Those churches that need some adjustment to their buildings should quickly do it to avoid this kind of sad news.
Condolences to the families of the victims.
Re: Reigners Bible Church Finally Opens Up On Church Building Mishap by fratermathy(m): 1:01pm On Dec 12, 2016
Pylony:
Am not suprise, an Atheist is always an Atheist with no empathy for fellow men is your thing. Then go and arrest him your self since you yourself have some form of Anti-accident powers around you that detect and prevent Accidents before they occure.
I am NOT an atheist. I only expressed my dismay at religion.

Don't assume anyone who attacks religion is an atheist.

Secondly, this was no accident. This was murder. The building was uncompleted. Common sense dictates that it shouldnt been used to host hundreds of people but NO, they believed that JESUS will miraculously hold the uncompleted structure.

They are MAD!

1 Like

Re: Reigners Bible Church Finally Opens Up On Church Building Mishap by tyav7: 1:07pm On Dec 12, 2016
Hope we will not start hearing that some aircraft flew overhead emitting some unseen energy that caused the church to cave in. RIP to the and quick recovery to the injured.
Re: Reigners Bible Church Finally Opens Up On Church Building Mishap by ricababy1: 1:08pm On Dec 12, 2016
I thank God for his mercy upon my family.My younger sister was inside the cathedral when every thing happened but the Lord preserve and save her.It is not by our righteousness but it was only God's mercy .
Esther called me in the noon on Saturday she says!
Chi thank the Lord I would have been a dead person.I use to hear of God's mercy I witness it today.
I went to church with my girl friend as the service was going on in the church I heard a voice that called me Esther once is 11am go back to your hostel.but I said I will go by 12noon.as soon I gave my offering that same spirit said to me again Esther get out I insisted that I must go by 12noon.in few seconds I heard a sound like sth is about to fall.That spirit ask me to lie down .I immediately lie down just 2 minutes the building collapse. many Died .many injured and beloved friend that went to church with me iron enter her stomach and her intensine came out and she gave up.I saw more than 80 corpse being taking to motuary. many injured.but I survive only because of his grace.

3 Likes

Re: Reigners Bible Church Finally Opens Up On Church Building Mishap by Pylony(m): 1:19pm On Dec 12, 2016
fratermathy:

I am NOT an atheist. I only expressed my dismay at religion.

Don't assume anyone who attacks religion is an atheist.

Secondly, this was no accident. This was murder. The building was uncompleted. Common sense dictates that it shouldnt been used to host hundreds of people but NO, they believed that JESUS will miraculously hold the uncompleted structure.

They are MAD!
Stop assuming you know any thing to what cause the incident. And for all i know, you not having any thing to do with God, not believing he exist makes you one. You clearly stated he killed his worshipers in the Name of Christianity one very unthinkable thing to say. But am not suprise its coming from people such as your kind who hate religion and are un-empathitic to human suffering as long as it is felt to have something to do with Religion.
The state goverment has already placed on ground a panel of enquiry to foresee to what actually lead to the collapse, yet you have your own verdict on the whole event by pin pointing the Pastor and not the contractor in charge of the construction simply because you hate any thing religion. I now understand you. grin
Re: Reigners Bible Church Finally Opens Up On Church Building Mishap by Ezionye(f): 1:20pm On Dec 12, 2016
This release seems to pay more attention and encomiums to d governor than to the actual incident and loss of lives

Or is it just me?
Re: Reigners Bible Church Finally Opens Up On Church Building Mishap by otokx(m): 1:22pm On Dec 12, 2016
The casualty rate will exceed 200 but the authorities are saying it's just 20.
Re: Reigners Bible Church Finally Opens Up On Church Building Mishap by fratermathy(m): 1:25pm On Dec 12, 2016
Pylony:
Stop assuming you know any thing to what cause the incident. And for all i know, you not having any thing to do with God, not believing he exist makes you one. You clearly stated he killed his worshipers in the Name of Christianity one very unthinkable thing to say. But am not suprise its coming from people such as your kind who hate religion and are un-empathitic to human suffering as long as it is felt to have something to do with Religion.
The state goverment has already placed on ground a panel of enquiry to foresee to what actually lead to the collapse, yet you have your own verdict on the whole event by pin pointing the Pastor and not the contractor in charge of the construction simply because you hate any thing religion. I now understand you. grin

You may think you just made sense now but you really didn't.

That is how deep religion has eaten your brain.

2 Likes

Re: Reigners Bible Church Finally Opens Up On Church Building Mishap by Nobody: 1:31pm On Dec 12, 2016
AnodaIT:

Quite the opposite, members are saying that the work of the devil to frustrate the ministry cannot hinder them, they are coming up stronger
jeeez! Really? have they been drugged? they must be under some kinda influence! to think like that.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pastor Adeboye Visits Church With Uncompleted Building / Pastor Gabriel Adegboye: "God Sent Me To Replace Buhari As President Of Nigeria" / Pastor Paul Enenche Arrives Benue In A Private Jet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.