Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,975 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:17 AM

Having A Joint Account With Your Spouse? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Having A Joint Account With Your Spouse? (3165 Views)

Poll: Which of the following do you prefer?

Separate Accounts: 42% (16 votes)
Partial Joint Account: 44% (17 votes)
Complete Joint Account: 13% (5 votes)
This poll has ended

Having A Timetable For Sex Can Boost Your Relationship / Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? / Should A Husband And Wife Operate A Joint Account? (2) (3) (4)

Re: Having A Joint Account With Your Spouse? by ikamefa(f): 3:45am On Jan 13, 2007
GNature:

Na waa ooh Radiant. Does this mean you are about
to get married ? - Just kidding grin

In the U.S., it might be necessary, especially if one is not
married to a Nigerian.

bikonu! why Nigerian grin grin
Re: Having A Joint Account With Your Spouse? by GNature(m): 3:53am On Jan 13, 2007
ikamefa:

bikonu! why Nigerian grin grin

U.B. real funny child I swear. Ehm, well, i think nigerians are used to (more used to) the guy
being the breadwinner, so if he is thrifty with the finances, the women are
more understanding. they'll just think "he is just being the man"

But here in the states, well, need I say more ? You know finances is the
# 1 source of divorces here in the states. Chikena cool
Re: Having A Joint Account With Your Spouse? by ikamefa(f): 3:57am On Jan 13, 2007
GNature:

U.B. real funny child I swear. Ehm, well, i think nigerians are used to (more used to) the guy
being the breadwinner, so if he is thrifty with the finances, the women are
more understanding. they'll just think "he is just being the man"

But here in the states, well, need I say more ? You know finances is the
# 1 source of divorces here in the states. Chikena cool

aight gotcha! cheesy but erhm thrifty undecided as in he is a spendalot or spendahorlic grin
Re: Having A Joint Account With Your Spouse? by GNature(m): 4:01am On Jan 13, 2007
ikamefa:

aight gotcha! cheesy but erhm thrifty undecided as in he is a spendalot? grin

Why you dey pick on me oooo miss fine girl ? You know say I no
sabi book, why humiliate me like this ? You are very mean I
tell you grin
Re: Having A Joint Account With Your Spouse? by ikamefa(f): 4:04am On Jan 13, 2007
me pick on you nahhhhh!

am just trying to misunderstand where you are coming from! grin grin
Re: Having A Joint Account With Your Spouse? by GNature(m): 4:08am On Jan 13, 2007
ikamefa:

me pick on you nahhhhh!

am just trying to misunderstand where you are coming from! grin grin

I know you are omo ondo grin grin i'll be back in a jiffy, make I grab something chop.

(how a pretty lady with a great personality is home on a friday night and not on a
hot date really surprizes me ooo, but its just my thought. i don't want her to
know what i'm thinking tongue)
Re: Having A Joint Account With Your Spouse? by ikamefa(f): 4:12am On Jan 13, 2007
GNature:

I know you are omo ondo grin grin i'll be back in a jiffy, make I grab something chop.

(how a pretty lady with a great personality is home on a friday night and not on a
hot date really surprizes me ooo, but its just my thought. i don't want her to
know what i'm thinking tongue)

what has my Ondoness have to do with joint checking accounts?

yeah right! cheesy this pretty lady needs to rest her ass at home tonight cos work dey tomorrow then party! party! this till the cops come knocking cheesy tongue

am outty! grin
Re: Having A Joint Account With Your Spouse? by Radiant(f): 1:29pm On Jan 13, 2007
GNature:

Na waa ooh Radiant. Does this mean you are about
to get married ? - Just kidding grin

In the U.S., it might be necessary, especially if one is not
married to a Nigerian.

GNature, you my good friend and will def. invite you and Ika for my wedding. tongue cheesy

I'm not thinking of getting married yet but just asking the question for safety. grin It still doesn't make sense having a joint account. I hate quarelling over money grin grin grin It's so humiliating embarassed

Not a Nigerian huh? I've taken proper note grin
Re: Having A Joint Account With Your Spouse? by osegwu(m): 3:49pm On Jan 14, 2007
Radiant:

GNature, you my good friend and will def. invite you and Ika for my wedding. tongue cheesy

I'm not thinking of getting married yet but just asking the question for safety. grin It still doesn't make sense having a joint account. I hate quarelling over money grin grin grin It's so humiliating embarassed

Not a Nigerian huh? I've taken proper note grin

Radiant mio

I thought we were getting married? just collected our joint checking account form from the Bank.

SOS!

Somebody help me!!

She just broke my heart!

Call me 911, i have been murdered by the woman i love

Is it still me?
Re: Having A Joint Account With Your Spouse? by Yimsfred(m): 6:53pm On Jan 14, 2007
Everyone's got to be independent men. Having a joint account definitely means there's no trust and on the long wrong, both of you will not be comfortable about it.
Re: Having A Joint Account With Your Spouse? by Radiant(f): 7:06pm On Jan 14, 2007
Osegwu, you getting me confused here cheesy

I'm still reviewing your 'application' tho' wink cheesy
Re: Having A Joint Account With Your Spouse? by prettyfola(f): 10:17am On Jan 15, 2007
wellll, having a joint account with your spouse is not the best at all, to me it doesnt make sense because. if their is no money the both of them will suffer it seriously. but in the case were u av seperate acount when one goes blue the the other can help but when its joint the cash gets exhausted easily and fast, especially when they both r extravagant. in a family were the both av seperate account u hardly know when the go blue becos one will always b there to lift the other and everything will be looking balanced,
Re: Having A Joint Account With Your Spouse? by kubiboy: 8:02am On Jan 16, 2007
if they can share the real thing! what's bank account.
Re: Having A Joint Account With Your Spouse? by drekid(m): 7:13pm On Jan 16, 2007
smiley smiley I would sure have a Joint account with ma Spouse smiley
Re: Having A Joint Account With Your Spouse? by drekid(m): 7:18pm On Jan 16, 2007
it all depends on the type of lady you married to. yOU KNOW YOUR WOMAN MUCH MORE THAN ANYONE, SO YOU GOTTA BEWARE OF DOGS!!!!!!
Re: Having A Joint Account With Your Spouse? by Radiant(f): 8:08pm On Jan 16, 2007
Dogs wtf?
Re: Having A Joint Account With Your Spouse? by osegwu(m): 1:21pm On Jan 18, 2007
My sweet Loving radiant,

My heart is in flame for my love for you

Don't get confused, I am in love with you if you don't mind?

Still me and you

Incidentally you did not say anything about our Joint Account?
Re: Having A Joint Account With Your Spouse? by breez(m): 5:24pm On Jan 22, 2007
i believe there should be a sort of family purse, yes there could be a joint account in that regard. But who says we cannot hav individual purses too?

i see separate accounts as a bit individualistic, and joint, too enthusiastic. undecided
Re: Having A Joint Account With Your Spouse? by software(m): 7:36pm On Jan 23, 2007
Thanks kinda difficult, with the kind of ladies in town now. Infact serious prayer need to be conducted, before such could be done. but if there is a good understanding b/w the both, they could go ahead. But the man should try and be smarter. hehe hehe grin
Re: Having A Joint Account With Your Spouse? by Bossman(m): 10:35pm On Jan 23, 2007
That's the way it should be. For me, All the bills(Mortgage, daycare, kids education funds, living expenses, etc.) come out of the joint account. Each of us also have our individual accounts that we use for personal stuff. 50% of our take take home goes to the joint account and the other half to our personal accounts. I bring home more than twice the wife, but, this has worked very well for us. Most of my friends also follow the same procedure. It's definitely a good idea to separate funds for personal stuff from funds from funds for the bills.
Re: Having A Joint Account With Your Spouse? by Seun(m): 10:18pm On Feb 09, 2007
That's the same idea I settled upon when discussing with a friend. 50% at most goes into the joint account.

Happy Children's Day Celebration! / Married People And Their Sense Of Entitlement! / Your Spouse Or Your Child: Who Comes First?