Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,836 members, 7,820,917 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:50 AM

Why Igbo Are Not Rich – Leo Stan - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Igbo Are Not Rich – Leo Stan (6668 Views)

"Why Igbo Man Can Never Be Nigeria’s President" – Junaid Mohammed / Igbo Jew DNA (VIDEO) Igbo's are Jewish with E1b / Why Igbo People Are Who They Are And Behave The Way They Do....see Facts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Igbo Are Not Rich – Leo Stan by Opakan2: 8:17pm On Dec 13, 2016
Pavarottii:
Who said Igbos are not rich??

Biggest Joke of the year. They av majority of rich people in Nigeria.

wrong!

Hausas are the richest, followed by yorubas, then SS before coming down to igbos

others don't brag or intimidate themselves like igbos do

6 Likes

Re: Why Igbo Are Not Rich – Leo Stan by oboy3(m): 8:17pm On Dec 13, 2016
MayorofLagos:

No igbo has ever succeeded without touching feet in Yorubaland. None!

It shall remain so l'agbara Oduduwa!
Why are ekiti people unsuccessful and always begging for food then,are they IBO's?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Igbo Are Not Rich – Leo Stan by timsTNA: 8:18pm On Dec 13, 2016
There is nothing like abject poverty in Igboland. There is no Igbo above 30 that doesnt have access to N100000 at every point in time

6 Likes

Re: Why Igbo Are Not Rich – Leo Stan by timsTNA: 8:20pm On Dec 13, 2016
Opakan2:

wrong!

Hausas are the richest, followed by yorubas, then SS before coming down to igbos

Tah! Yorubas richer than Igbos in your dreams

7 Likes

Re: Why Igbo Are Not Rich – Leo Stan by Diplomaticbeing(m): 8:21pm On Dec 13, 2016

2 Likes

Re: Why Igbo Are Not Rich – Leo Stan by Opakan2: 8:24pm On Dec 13, 2016
timsTNA:

Tah! Yorubas richer than Igbos in your dreams

oh boy! leave story

yorubas pass igbos in every way.. even abroad, population wise we pass una

ariwo ko ni music.. we don't shout or loud it

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Igbo Are Not Rich – Leo Stan by Scholes007(m): 8:24pm On Dec 13, 2016
Opakan2:

they don't think deep.. only stubborn head

some are good tho. the ones brought up/given birth to outside igbo land eg. abroad

hope I can rest now
Huhuhu. don't you thing your assumptions is jst a stereotype? It is clear you only live in a false sentiment possibly shared to you by others living in same realm of delusions. I am not saying am the best or even good but I was born and raised in Igbo land.

7 Likes

Re: Why Igbo Are Not Rich – Leo Stan by Pavarottii(m): 8:27pm On Dec 13, 2016
Opakan2:

wrong!

My friend did u see majority that are above poverty level in my post; infact Hausa's are last; in number of people above poverty level; are d igbos.

FYI- I am from Bayelsa;

7 Likes

Re: Why Igbo Are Not Rich – Leo Stan by Opakan2: 8:28pm On Dec 13, 2016
Scholes007:
Huhuhu. don't you thing your assumptions is jst a stereotype? It is clear you only live in a false sentiment possibly shared to you by others living in same realm of delusions. I am not saying am the best or even good but I was born and raised in Igbo land.

igbos una matter just tire me.. one person go follow wrong way, others go join in no time till d whole tribe lands in trouble..

then they will remember oduduwa and afonjas to come and bail them out..

why una dey like that?
it's very hard for igbos to correct themselves or call one another to order

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Igbo Are Not Rich – Leo Stan by Johnnyessence(m): 8:31pm On Dec 13, 2016
The man has already make his points. It is left for the people to amend from where they are failing. It is very true about what he said. Igbophobians love pride,greed and selfishness.

2 Likes

Re: Why Igbo Are Not Rich – Leo Stan by MadamExcellency: 8:36pm On Dec 13, 2016
Diplomaticbeing:

Shut up! Truth is always bittter. By the way, I don't need your validation to substantiate my pronouncement.

Quote me again if only you're a harlot.

Advice no be curse. By the way I am helping to complement what your parents were expected to do for you in terms of good upbringing.

Continue ranting, I can't be intimidated because if I fail to tell you the truth today, you may become a threat and a nuisance to the communities and people around you tomorrow. I have spoken.

2 Likes

Re: Why Igbo Are Not Rich – Leo Stan by Scholes007(m): 8:37pm On Dec 13, 2016
Opakan2:

igbos una matter just tire me.. one person go follow wrong way, others go join in no time till d whole tribe lands in trouble..

why una dey like that?
Friend I only had to engage you because I think some of you are losing it (no offence intended). Thinking that a tribe is judged by anonymous media like this forum is a form of delusion and brain watching. Look what Leo said can be narrowed down to the youths and Igbos because it is most likely the people in the forum. But most people left the wider picture for a Crum. Tell me is Nigerian youth or African youth performing in terms of wealth creation?

2 Likes

Re: Why Igbo Are Not Rich – Leo Stan by Johnnyessence(m): 8:37pm On Dec 13, 2016
Opakan2:

why una dey like that?
it is because of selfishness and greed that caused it. May almighty God help us.

1 Like

Re: Why Igbo Are Not Rich – Leo Stan by hammerT: 8:38pm On Dec 13, 2016
olaric:
Gospel truth. Pride is the Igbo man's biggest problem.

IF UR YORUBA, OBSESSION WITH IGBO IS ONE OF YORUBA BIGGEST PROBLEM.

3 Likes

Re: Why Igbo Are Not Rich – Leo Stan by CursedIboes: 8:39pm On Dec 13, 2016
PhilemonObende:
Mr leo stan ekeh, can you also tell us why our poverty-stricken yoruba fathers in Oshogbo that prostrate 100 times per day cannot see even iron beans to eat and survive? Is it because of pride too? How come with all our 'humility' in yorubaland we can't change a single leaky brown roof in Oshogbo and Ibadan? Abeg explain because #AyamNotUnderstanding. grin grin

An Eboe man like you said something and you are attacking Yoruba people. Are you people naturally cursed? What has Yoruba got to do with Leo Stan. It seems many of you ipob flat.head have no working brain. What a shame

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Igbo Are Not Rich – Leo Stan by MadamExcellency: 8:44pm On Dec 13, 2016
Johnnyessence:
The man has already make his points. It is left for the people to amend from where they are failing. It is very true about what he said. Igbophobians love pride,greed and selfishness.

Tell me what I don't know because it is in Igboland that young people and artisans serve their masters for three to seven years in humility and diligence just to get settled or be perfected in the craft they want to earn their living.

The man is just a megalomaniac.

10 Likes

Re: Why Igbo Are Not Rich – Leo Stan by Diplomaticbeing(m): 8:46pm On Dec 13, 2016
Re: Why Igbo Are Not Rich – Leo Stan by MadamExcellency: 8:54pm On Dec 13, 2016
Diplomaticbeing:

Lol. If not for a platform like this, I wonder how a wretched bitc.h like you would have an avenue to cross my path least of picking on me. Believe you me, your wretched and foolish father is not worthy to lace my shoes in real life, least of you his offspring. I don't blame you I say.

Now vamoose, because I don't join issues with a nobody like you. Bye in your foolishness.

Go and learn courtesy and stop being a nuisance to Nairaland.

Mr. "Notice Me", it costs you nothing to chose your words more intelligently when in a public forum.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Igbo Are Not Rich – Leo Stan by Nobody: 9:08pm On Dec 13, 2016
Businessideas:
Why Igbo are not rich – Leo Stan
By Chinonso Alozie, Owerri

The Chairman Zinox Group, Mr. Leo Stan Ekeh Monday said that lack of humility has remained a very big obstacle among young Igbo people. He made this statement during a youth entrepreneurship workshop held at the Imo state University, IMSU, auditorium. According to him, “There is a reason why you see young people in Igbo land do not grow. One is lack of humility. You see a boy who has 20,000 and he wants a professor to stand up for him. Let me tell you, if you are humble, God will promote you. You have to delete some things that are not relevant to your life and move forward.” “You cannot be negative and be successful.You must be positive to get something positive. This is the problem of an Igbo man. He added that, ” Most of the Igbo men are technically not rich.” He, however, said that the current recession did not affect him because he was prepared, adding that, “I am not afraid of the recession and I am not affected. I do not have God father, what I did was to use my knowledge to to succeed.” While advising young people doing business, he said, ” I must tell you, as a young who is doing business, have it at the back of your mind that when you are doing business you must loose money to make money, adding that,” They must build the fundamentals to succeed in their business.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/12/igbo-not-rich-leo-stan/
bullcrap
Re: Why Igbo Are Not Rich – Leo Stan by Businessideas: 9:34pm On Dec 13, 2016
DerideGull:

The characterization you gave to the post says volume about your intellect.
Your response says a lot about your temperament. The post is just copy and paste from Vanguard to ensure that young people who are ready to learn can benefit from the advice of a successful entrepreneur like Leo Stan, apparently you were impatient enough not to read that.

2 Likes

Re: Why Igbo Are Not Rich – Leo Stan by Afonjas: 9:44pm On Dec 13, 2016
Opakan2:

wrong!

people from all over the world, US govt, Bill Gate, Celebrities from Southern Nigeria, United nations always send money/aid to hausa just for them to eat and be alive,
97% of beggars and wrenched people in Nigeria are hausas, even 90% of beggars in Igbo land na them

Nigeria is not at war yet they are dying of diseases and starvation same thing goes to Afonja land except Lagos occupied by people from all over Nigeria

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Igbo Are Not Rich – Leo Stan by disumusa: 10:23pm On Dec 13, 2016
Businessideas:
Pride goeth before a fall. Hmmmm.
bro pride is the main reason all tribe hate them

3 Likes

Re: Why Igbo Are Not Rich – Leo Stan by disumusa: 10:30pm On Dec 13, 2016
Pavarottii:
Who said Igbos are not rich??

Biggest Joke of the year. They av majority of rich people in Nigeria.
by the work, living,migration,nationa position, we shall know them.

2 Likes

Re: Why Igbo Are Not Rich – Leo Stan by Twistaray(m): 10:42pm On Dec 13, 2016
grin

Ofcourse,there is a concrete facts to back it up that they are poor indeed.

All thanks to worldbank :

grin

http://www.worldbank.org/en/country/nigeria/publication/nigeria-economic-report-improved-economic-outlook-in-2014-and-prospects-for-continued-growth-look-good

Leo just proved what we already know grin

#facts#

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Igbo Are Not Rich – Leo Stan by DerideGull(m): 10:55pm On Dec 13, 2016
Businessideas:

Your response says a lot about your temperament. The post is just copy and paste from Vanguard to ensure that young people who are ready to learn can benefit from the advice of a successful entrepreneur like Leo Stan, apparently you were impatient enough not to read that.

I guess in the depth of your fine temperament, you could only come up with the caption you gave to this thread. You are one reason among numerous reasons that students are warned about the dangers of "copy and paste".
Re: Why Igbo Are Not Rich – Leo Stan by timsTNA: 10:55pm On Dec 13, 2016
Opakan2:

[s]
oh boy! leave story

yorubas pass igbos in every way.. even abroad, population wise we pass una

ariwo ko ni music.. we don't shout or loud it[/s]

Igbos are richer than Yoruba in every sphere of life. Even in music where you guys are much, the richest musicians, Don Jazzy and P Square are Igbos

3 Likes

Re: Why Igbo Are Not Rich – Leo Stan by DerideGull(m): 10:56pm On Dec 13, 2016
MadamExcellency:

Go and learn courtesy and stop being a nuisance to Nairaland.

Mr. "Notice Me", it costs you nothing to chose your words more intelligently when in a public forum.

Please allow the empty barrel to wallow in acute stupidity.

3 Likes

Re: Why Igbo Are Not Rich – Leo Stan by Businessideas: 11:11pm On Dec 13, 2016
DerideGull:

I guess in the depth of your fine temperament, you could only come up with the caption you gave to this thread. You are one reason among numerous reasons that students are warned about the dangers of "copy and paste".
You are still not embracing knowledge because you are young and impatient. All you need to do is click the link and know that the caption is given by Vanguard not me. Meanwhile, I will advise you to focus on the message and ignore the messenger. And there's no wrong in copying and pasting for as long as you credit the write up appropriately as that of the right owner(this condition has been met if you patiently read the original post) .Not everyone is your mate wink
Re: Why Igbo Are Not Rich – Leo Stan by backtosender: 11:17pm On Dec 13, 2016
MadamExcellency:

By their comment, you shall know them.

As you grow older, learn how to pause and question the necessity of each comment you make even before posting them.

It's unfortunate your knowledge has corrupted the wisdom necessary to give you breakthrough in life.

Back to the topic,

Who the hell is Mr. Leo Stan Ekeh and what does Stan thinks he has that others lack that warrants unnecessary arrogation of wisdom and success to himself?

It's a pity he now sees himself as a demi god. I bet him come next ten years, most of these Igbo youths will fare better than him in all ramifications. That is why I love my people, no one stays at the top forever. We are too competitive to be insulted by an ordinary mortal nomatter how highly regarded.

I rest my case.
Re: Why Igbo Are Not Rich – Leo Stan by Twistaray(m): 11:22pm On Dec 13, 2016
timsTNA:

Igbos are richer than Yoruba in every sphere of life. Even in music where you guys are much, the richest musicians, Don Jazzy and P Square are Igbos

Idonbelivit undecided

Can you back it up,abeg
I swear IPODS are delusional by nature ..

http://www.worldbank.org/en/country/nigeria/publication/nigeria-economic-report-improved-economic-outlook-in-2014-and-prospects-for-continued-growth-look-good

4 Likes

Re: Why Igbo Are Not Rich – Leo Stan by timsTNA: 11:36pm On Dec 13, 2016
Twistaray:

[s]
Idonbelivit undecided

Can you back it up,abeg
I swear IPODS are delusional by nature ..

[/s]

Trash. Take Lagos state out and the rest of the South West will be dragging 50% poverty rate with the North West

2 Likes

Re: Why Igbo Are Not Rich – Leo Stan by Twistaray(m): 11:39pm On Dec 13, 2016
timsTNA:

Trash. Take Lagos state out and the rest of the South West will be dragging 50% poverty rate with the North West

I doubt you read the link I provided above.. mtcheew
Read una no go hear.

RIP to nigeria education system.
Please where is your own stats,thought you said ibo are richer?

Receive sense abeg grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Middle Belt Group Asks Tinubu To Sack Naval Chief Over Allegations Of Oil Theft / Ijaws Oppose River Niger Dredging / We Must Fight Corruption For Its Damage On Nigeria Economy - VP Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.