Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,099 members, 7,814,861 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:09 PM

Why Igbo Are Not Rich – Leo Stan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Igbo Are Not Rich – Leo Stan (6657 Views)

"Why Igbo Man Can Never Be Nigeria’s President" – Junaid Mohammed / Igbo Jew DNA (VIDEO) Igbo's are Jewish with E1b / Why Igbo People Are Who They Are And Behave The Way They Do....see Facts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Igbo Are Not Rich – Leo Stan by Businessideas: 4:08pm On Dec 13, 2016
Why Igbo are not rich – Leo Stan
By Chinonso Alozie, Owerri

The Chairman Zinox Group, Mr. Leo Stan Ekeh Monday said that lack of humility has remained a very big obstacle among young Igbo people. He made this statement during a youth entrepreneurship workshop held at the Imo state University, IMSU, auditorium. According to him, “There is a reason why you see young people in Igbo land do not grow. One is lack of humility. You see a boy who has 20,000 and he wants a professor to stand up for him. Let me tell you, if you are humble, God will promote you. You have to delete some things that are not relevant to your life and move forward.” “You cannot be negative and be successful.You must be positive to get something positive. This is the problem of an Igbo man. He added that, ” Most of the Igbo men are technically not rich.” He, however, said that the current recession did not affect him because he was prepared, adding that, “I am not afraid of the recession and I am not affected. I do not have God father, what I did was to use my knowledge to to succeed.” While advising young people doing business, he said, ” I must tell you, as a young who is doing business, have it at the back of your mind that when you are doing business you must loose money to make money, adding that,” They must build the fundamentals to succeed in their business.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/12/igbo-not-rich-leo-stan/

5 Likes

Re: Why Igbo Are Not Rich – Leo Stan by Businessideas: 4:09pm On Dec 13, 2016
Pride goeth before a fall.
Hmmmm.

3 Likes

Re: Why Igbo Are Not Rich – Leo Stan by Nobody: 4:21pm On Dec 13, 2016
Lol.. what a load of Hokum!!

5 Likes

Re: Why Igbo Are Not Rich – Leo Stan by LecciGucci: 4:21pm On Dec 13, 2016
Hm
Re: Why Igbo Are Not Rich – Leo Stan by olaric(m): 4:36pm On Dec 13, 2016
Gospel truth. Pride is the Igbo man's biggest problem.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Igbo Are Not Rich – Leo Stan by dEastActivist: 4:36pm On Dec 13, 2016
Seriously Igbos are really not rich but they ain't broke as they use to be. grin

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Igbo Are Not Rich – Leo Stan by Diplomaticbeing(m): 4:43pm On Dec 13, 2016
I'm glad that Leo Stan echoed my long held sentiments. My tribesmen must change their fundamental philosophies to advance their causes both economically and politically.

Not until the majority of us begin to share on the sentiments that conceit isn't smartness, deceit isn't ingenuity, superficiality isn't reality, effacing isn't foolishness etc, would we become a better people individually and collectively.

Anyway, I strongly believe that we shall get better soonest.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Igbo Are Not Rich – Leo Stan by 99100(m): 4:47pm On Dec 13, 2016
Trash.

2 Likes

Re: Why Igbo Are Not Rich – Leo Stan by Sibrah: 4:48pm On Dec 13, 2016
Ha ha ha . . . Who is leo stan again? What's his village name?

2 Likes

Re: Why Igbo Are Not Rich – Leo Stan by momentarylapse: 4:54pm On Dec 13, 2016
The name of this thread should have been why ipob touts are not rich instead of Igbo people!
Re: Why Igbo Are Not Rich – Leo Stan by MrEverest(m): 6:35pm On Dec 13, 2016
What is Leo Stan talking about? Igbos have the largest middle class in Nigeria. Absolute poverty is almost inexistent, if he is talking about rich !diats that pauperised the country through graft and exploitation like Danjuma, Dangote, Abacha, Obasanjo, Babangida etc then he is right, Igbos dont have them but if he means honest, hard working and grass to grace rich men, then Igbos have them in abundance!!!

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Igbo Are Not Rich – Leo Stan by DerideGull(m): 6:39pm On Dec 13, 2016
Businessideas:

The Chairman Zinox Group, Mr. Leo Stan Ekeh Monday said that lack of humility has remained a very big obstacle among young Igbo people. He made this statement during a youth entrepreneurship workshop held at the Imo state University, IMSU, auditorium. According to him, “There is a reason why you see young people in Igbo land do not grow. One is lack of humility. You see a boy who has 20,000 and he wants a professor to stand up for him. Let me tell you, if you are humble, God will promote you. You have to delete some things that are not relevant to your life and move forward.” “You cannot be negative and be successful.You must be positive to get something positive. This is the problem of an Igbo man. He added that, ” Most of the Igbo men are technically not rich.” He, however, said that the current recession did not affect him because he was prepared, adding that, “I am not afraid of the recession and I am not affected. I do not have God father, what I did was to use my knowledge to to succeed.” While advising young people doing business, he said, ” I must tell you, as a young who is doing business, have it at the back of your mind that when you are doing business you must loose money to make money, adding that,” They must build the fundamentals to succeed in their business.”

The characterization you gave to the post says volume about your intellect.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Igbo Are Not Rich – Leo Stan by Opakan2: 6:42pm On Dec 13, 2016
They are poor intellectually, true

morally poor, also true

infact they are best described as poor

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Igbo Are Not Rich – Leo Stan by DerideGull(m): 6:42pm On Dec 13, 2016
Diplomaticbeing:
I'm glad that Leo Stan echoed my long held sentiments. My tribesmen must change their fundamental philosophies to advance their causes both economically and politically.

Not until the majority of us begin to share on the sentiments that conceit isn't smartness, deceit isn't ingenuity, superficiality isn't reality, effacing isn't foolishness etc, would we become a better people individually and collectively.

Anyway, I strongly believe that we shall get better soonest.

Are you alright? Where did you pick all these craps from the post?

6 Likes

Re: Why Igbo Are Not Rich – Leo Stan by Pavore9: 6:44pm On Dec 13, 2016
Tempers will flare! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Why Igbo Are Not Rich – Leo Stan by MayorofLagos(m): 6:48pm On Dec 13, 2016
There is a reason why you see young people in Igbo land do not grow.

No igbo has ever succeeded without touching feet in Yorubaland. None!

It shall remain so l'agbara Oduduwa!

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Igbo Are Not Rich – Leo Stan by Diplomaticbeing(m): 6:49pm On Dec 13, 2016
DerideGull:

Are you alright? Where did you pick all these craps from the post?

Shut up! Your wretched father cannot even pick on me in real life, least of you vagabond. How would you even understand my submissions when you have low IQ.

Only quote me again if truly you're a product of one night stand from a wretched father and imbecilic mother.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why Igbo Are Not Rich – Leo Stan by orimsamsam(m): 6:52pm On Dec 13, 2016
MrEverest:
What is Leo Stan talking about? Igbos have the largest middle class in Nigeria. Absolute poverty is almost inexistent, if he is talking about rich !diats that pauperised the country through graft and exploitation like Danjuma, Dangote, Abacha, Obasanjo, Babangida etc then he is right, Igbos dont have them but if he means honest, hard working and grass to grace rich men, then Igbos have them in abundance!!!
proof pls. Don't just make noise

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Igbo Are Not Rich – Leo Stan by DerideGull(m): 7:09pm On Dec 13, 2016
Diplomaticbeing:

Shut up! Your wretched father cannot even pick on me in real life, least of you vagabond. How would you even understand my submissions when you have low IQ.

Only quote me again if truly you're a product of one night stand from a wretched father and imbecilic mother.

All these aspersion for a simple question. It is unfortunate to even talk about the goofy stuff accredited to Leo Stan. There is nothing such as "technically rich or not rich". Most Nigerians are bereft of intellect. I guess your so-called IQ is infinite hence you make sense out of nonsense. Yet Nigeria is one of most backward entity in the world. You seem to represent Nigeria in its highest esteem.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Igbo Are Not Rich – Leo Stan by victorvezx(m): 7:20pm On Dec 13, 2016
Businessideas:
According to him, “There is a reason why you see young people in Igbo land do not grow. One is lack of humility.
Everybody knows this. The successful igbos are outside Igbo land. Igbos can never succeed in their land except moving to other parts of Nigeria. It still remain a mystery to me.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Igbo Are Not Rich – Leo Stan by chiefobdk(m): 7:43pm On Dec 13, 2016
MayorofLagos:

No igbo has ever succeeded without touching feet in Yorubaland. None!
It shall remain so l'agbara Oduduwa!

Afonjas don't grow even while in d Southwest

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Igbo Are Not Rich – Leo Stan by Pavarottii(m): 7:48pm On Dec 13, 2016
Who said Igbos are not rich??

Biggest Joke of the year. They av majority of rich people in Nigeria.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Igbo Are Not Rich – Leo Stan by Scholes007(m): 7:56pm On Dec 13, 2016
Businessideas:

Leo talking on generalization and assumption. All he said is a problem for most youths in the world. He narrowed it down to Igbos because he most likely was speaking to the Igbos.

3 Likes

Re: Why Igbo Are Not Rich – Leo Stan by Scholes007(m): 7:58pm On Dec 13, 2016
Opakan2:
They are poor intellectually, true

morally poor, also true

infact they are best described as poor
How do you mean? Intellectually poor as how? Morally poor as how? Pls educate me.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Igbo Are Not Rich – Leo Stan by Ugonma75(f): 8:00pm On Dec 13, 2016
H
Re: Why Igbo Are Not Rich – Leo Stan by Opakan2: 8:02pm On Dec 13, 2016
Scholes007:
How do you mean? Intellectually poor as how? Morally poor as how? Pls educate me.

heheee!
someone can't comment and go in peace again? how do you want me to educate you now.. how?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Igbo Are Not Rich – Leo Stan by Diplomaticbeing(m): 8:04pm On Dec 13, 2016
Ugonma75:
hey! Dat was uncalled for

Obu kwa nu maka isi gi ahu mara ma, ka mu ga eji emere ngi ebere. Ikpa go kwa isi ekeresimesi.
Re: Why Igbo Are Not Rich – Leo Stan by Scholes007(m): 8:08pm On Dec 13, 2016
Opakan2:

heheee!
someone comment and go in peace again? how do you want me to educate you now.. how?

A discussion was brought up on Igbo and you said they are intellectually and morally poor, so it brought my question how? You can start by tell me why you assume they are intellectually and morally poor.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Igbo Are Not Rich – Leo Stan by Chiedu4Trump: 8:11pm On Dec 13, 2016
Igbo people have the highest cut off scores to schools and promotion

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Igbo Are Not Rich – Leo Stan by Opakan2: 8:15pm On Dec 13, 2016
Scholes007:
A discussion was brought up on Igbo and you said they are intellectually and morally poor, so it brought my question how? You can start by tell me why you assume they are intellectually and morally poor.

they don't think deep.. only stubborn head

some are good tho. the ones brought up/given birth to outside igbo land eg. abroad

hope I can rest now

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Igbo Are Not Rich – Leo Stan by MadamExcellency: 8:15pm On Dec 13, 2016
Diplomaticbeing:

By their comment, you shall know them.

As you grow older, learn how to pause and question the necessity of each comment you make even before posting them.

It's unfortunate your knowledge has corrupted the wisdom necessary to give you breakthrough in life.

Back to the topic,

Who the hell is Mr. Leo Stan Ekeh and what does Stan thinks he has that others lack that warrants unnecessary arrogation of wisdom and success to himself?

It's a pity he now sees himself as a demi god. I bet him come next ten years, most of these Igbo youths will fare better than him in all ramifications. That is why I love my people, no one stays at the top forever. We are too competitive to be insulted by an ordinary mortal nomatter how highly regarded.

I rest my case.

16 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

IPOB- Right Ideology But Wrong Methodology! / Take Your Igbo Day Out Of Port Harcourt. / FG Flags Off ₦‎20,000 Cash Transfer To Vulnerable Groups In Kogi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.