Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,432 members, 7,836,732 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:02 PM

"Buhari Worse Than Jonathan" — Farooq Kperogi - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Buhari Worse Than Jonathan" — Farooq Kperogi (29766 Views)

"Support For President Buhari In The North Is Now Religious" - Farooq Kperogi / Emir Begs Prof. Farooq Kperogi To Stop Criticizing Buhari, Nigerians React / "Buhari Is The Commander Of Executive Corruption" - Farooq Kperogi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Buhari Worse Than Jonathan" — Farooq Kperogi by alawaiss(m): 11:29pm On Dec 18, 2016
I'm a Muslim; Fulani, Northerner & Buharist den. But, i can boldly tell d whole world dat even devil is better than Buhari.

1 Like

Re: "Buhari Worse Than Jonathan" — Farooq Kperogi by ReubenE(m): 11:36pm On Dec 18, 2016
2dugged:
I asked you a question the other day, seems you were short of words to reply, the way you shout Jonathan upandan one would think he is the only president that has ever ruled this country since 1960, yes Jonathan was a failure because only a failed man will turn his back on his people and surround himself with hausas (who will not blink to support a fellow who hits his head on the ground like them)because he wanted a second term, but that gives you no right to exonerate every other president that has wrecked this country since independence, and buhari that made promises to Nigerians like a man ontop of a woman promising to give her the moon isn't any better considering that he has ruled this country before and even contested four times like it was his birth right to rule a second time, only to be given the mantle and he becomes clueless

Why not try to be objective for once and view things from the vantage point of the common man with no political sentiment attached, you will see better
Spot on.
Parochialism is now a part of our national life.
The youths who are suppose to be objective in their views are the ones doing more damage.
An average Nigerian now supports politicians because they love the wealth they have, or they love their physical characteristics.

Mr. President and his foot soldiers have made it seem as if Nigeria became an independent country in 1999, in a bid to exonerate those who mismanaged the country before 1999.
Nigeria has never been well since 1960 as the records show....
Re: "Buhari Worse Than Jonathan" — Farooq Kperogi by Realist2: 11:39pm On Dec 18, 2016
sarrki:
Jonah Chai Jonah

He destroy everything

Economy he destroyed

Security he destroyed

Nigeria image he destroyed

Foreign Reserve he Emptied

Jonah so a failure

You,re disguising, other zombies who started this pay per post defence of buhari (passingshot, beremx....) have lost their voice because buhari has offered nothing.
Look, defending buhari is the most difficult thing, because you're defending what is killing you and your families.

3 Likes

Re: "Buhari Worse Than Jonathan" — Farooq Kperogi by fergie001: 11:50pm On Dec 18, 2016
Cjrane2:
Buhari is worse than satan.
Jesus Christ

Re: "Buhari Worse Than Jonathan" — Farooq Kperogi by tsdarkside(m): 11:59pm On Dec 18, 2016
Franklyf:
More of pro Buhari people will give Award/ Prizes to GEJ. Make una sit down look. Buhari's policies will trow bad blows on his blind supporters than those who refused to support him in 2015.

migrate to europe already...
Re: "Buhari Worse Than Jonathan" — Farooq Kperogi by tsdarkside(m): 12:01am On Dec 19, 2016
fergie001:

Jesus Christ

na soo..

na so dem dem called me unclean spirit,because i dont agree with dem dem,walahi....

i was schocked..

imagine...unclean spirit.....

i still have a trauma from that statement..

i am a born and raised christian...imagine.. cry

that hurts..m cry cry
Re: "Buhari Worse Than Jonathan" — Farooq Kperogi by Angrymode: 12:02am On Dec 19, 2016
sarrki:

Did I hear you say PhD?

Jonah the destroyer

He damaged everything

We pray that we recover from the damaged he caused

Jonah is a total epidemic to global peace

I bet you will agree that GEJ did more harm to this country than all his predecessors put together.

Guy you have truth-blindness disease that is incurable.

2 Likes

Re: "Buhari Worse Than Jonathan" — Farooq Kperogi by Nobody: 12:19am On Dec 19, 2016
XaintJoel20:

This would have been the a well scripted analysis if not for the last sentence that I spoilt it.

In the period Jonathan was in Power Nigeria Made at least $200B from Oil alone, this does not include Gas and this is after production costs and JV partner share is factored in, this is NET . I don't know how anyone can want a man who presided over the most monumental and brazen looting of the treasury in the country's history. A man who presided over the biggest boom in the country's history but built no major roads, no refineries, no power stations and left the treasury worse than he met it. Let's take Diezani and let me tell you what $10b can do
1) it will build Lagos to Calabar dual lane non-stop from scratch
2) it will build 7000MW of power stations
3) it will totally rehabilitate ALL our Universities
4) Dangote's refinery which is bigger than all out 4 refineries costs $12B
5) you can buy the whole of British airways for $10B, I can go on and on.....This is the money ONE person siphooned, there are others. So next time you complain of bad roads and people post pictures of accidents on our roads, no light, bad schools, no hospitals and Naira collapse (because half of our forex goes to import fuel) remember the man whose cronies looted our treasury.

I'm sure you read about the roads in his own village, I'm sure youve also heard about the money his wife stole. His town has no light, no water, no roads, I guarantee you $10m of the money she stole will fix ALL that town's infrastructure problems. How can anybody defend such a man?
Re: "Buhari Worse Than Jonathan" — Farooq Kperogi by XaintJoel20: 12:34am On Dec 19, 2016
vodutive:

In the period Jonathan was in Power Nigeria Made at least $200B from Oil alone, this does not include Gas and this is after production costs and JV partner share is factored in, this is NET . I don't know how anyone can want a man who presided over the most monumental and brazen looting of the treasury in the country's history. A man who presided over the biggest boom in the country's history but built no major roads, no refineries, no power stations and left the treasury worse than he met it. Let's take Diezani and let me tell you what $10b can do
5) you can buy the whole of British airways for $10B, I can go on and on.....This is the money ONE person siphooned, there are others.

I'm sure you read about the roads in his own village, I'm sure youve also heard about the money his wife stole. His town has no light, no water, no roads, I guarantee you $10m of the money she stole will fix ALL that town's infrastructure problems. How can anybody defend such a man?

I am not a fan of any politician, GEJ inclusive. The question now is what has Buhari done with the Money this administration has generated

1 Like

Re: "Buhari Worse Than Jonathan" — Farooq Kperogi by Nobody: 12:35am On Dec 19, 2016
XaintJoel20:

I am not a fan of any politician, GEJ inclusive. The question now is what has Buhari done with the Money this administration has generated

I am not holding brief for Buhari but the fact that he is failing does not mean we go back to a kleptomaniac. As for money generated, think about this. Oil industry experts can correct me if I am wrong.

Oil production costs is approx $26/barrel. Under GEJ ($100 Oil and 2.2 Million BPD) we were getting about $30Billion per year, after drilling costs and JV partner's (Shell etc) share of profit. Under Buhari ($40 Oil and 1.5 Million BPD) it is only $4.3Billion per year... in fairness to him, I probably need to cut him some slack...anybody would struggle under such drop in revenues.
Re: "Buhari Worse Than Jonathan" — Farooq Kperogi by bezimo(m): 12:36am On Dec 19, 2016
They say what you say to someone going to the market in the morning is not what you say to the person coming back.

Proverbs 24:24-25
He that saith unto the wicked(Buhari), Thou art righteous(assumed to be doing greatly when he is suffering Nigerians); him shall the people curse, nations shall abhor him(That person deserves to be cursed and his international destiny aborted)
But to them that rebuke him shall be delight, and a good blessing shall come upon them.

Bingohari must be condemned for his daftness.His ill conceived decisions has retrogressed the once booming economy.
Re: "Buhari Worse Than Jonathan" — Farooq Kperogi by XaintJoel20: 12:50am On Dec 19, 2016
vodutive:

I am not holding brief for Buhari

Noted. Thanks.
Re: "Buhari Worse Than Jonathan" — Farooq Kperogi by Nobody: 12:57am On Dec 19, 2016
XaintJoel20:

Noted. Thanks.

see revised post
Re: "Buhari Worse Than Jonathan" — Farooq Kperogi by XaintJoel20: 1:23am On Dec 19, 2016
vodutive:

see revised post

)Please which post are you talking about? Thanks.
Re: "Buhari Worse Than Jonathan" — Farooq Kperogi by Nobody: 2:11am On Dec 19, 2016
1stly I think GEJ did a very bad job as president but I also feel this current administration either underestimated the magnitude of the task before them or even probably never had what it takes to take the country forward and before PMB loyalist bash me why don't you take time to assess the situation and you are going to agree with me that nothing tangible has been achieved under them
Re: "Buhari Worse Than Jonathan" — Farooq Kperogi by famosh: 2:24am On Dec 19, 2016
vodutive:

5) you can buy the whole of British airways for $10B, I can go on and on.....This is the money ONE person siphooned, there are others. So next time you complain of bad roads and people post pictures of accidents on our roads, no light, bad schools, no hospitals and Naira collapse (because half of our forex goes to import fuel) remember the man whose cronies looted our treasury.

Absolutely spot on. I see many people here claiming to be intelligent because they support an ineffectual buffoon but can't put situations in perspective. None of the dull Jonathan sycophants here has given a good analysis as you've done.

A Jonathan that, WITH OIL BOOM, met a GDP growth of 7.68% in 2011 & left it at 2.35% in 2015, is that an improvement? is that one a president? Buhari is failing, but these dull Jonathan sycophants shouldn't think we regret voting out the ineffectual buffoon. Somebody that was already borrowing to pay salaries a few months to the end of his tenure just because oil price fell a bit lower than usual, wetin him for dey do now that oil price doesn't even want to go up again and he can't cut wastages in government because of massive corruption around him? That guy na bad luck abeg.
Re: "Buhari Worse Than Jonathan" — Farooq Kperogi by Splashme: 4:20am On Dec 19, 2016
blackfase:
Iv refrained all along to call him names but i can easily refer to him now as a completely clueless buffoon. The guy fall hands no be small....
Re: "Buhari Worse Than Jonathan" — Farooq Kperogi by Nobody: 5:08am On Dec 19, 2016
ReubenE:

Spot on.
Parochialism is now a part of our national life.
The youths who are suppose to be objective in their views are the ones doing more damage.
An average Nigerian now supports politicians because they love the wealth they have, or they love their physical characteristics.

Mr. President and his foot soldiers have made it seem as if Nigeria became an independent country in 1999, in a bid to exonerate those who mismanaged the country before 1999.
Nigeria has never been well since 1960 as the records show....
I think I can fathom why they only shout Jonathan upandan, because he happens to be the only southerner on the list, and looking at past presidents we have more of hausas let's not even start with abacha and ibb, and even this same buhari they are calling a saint now

1 Like

Re: "Buhari Worse Than Jonathan" — Farooq Kperogi by ReubenE(m): 6:32am On Dec 19, 2016
2dugged:
I think I can fathom why they only shout Jonathan upandan, because he happens to be the only southerner on the list, and looking at past presidents we have more of hausas let's not even start with abacha and ibb, and even this same buhari they are calling a saint now
So TRUE....
This Buhari guy, with the opportunity given to him now, we already know who he is and what he can do.
As for the rest you mentioned, they are nothing to write home about too. Jonathan was just too naive and lacklustre.

Sometimes I wonder why Nigeria is nourished with bad leaders. It seems almost everyone is failing...
good morning dear. It's been awhile. How you?
Re: "Buhari Worse Than Jonathan" — Farooq Kperogi by Nobody: 6:41am On Dec 19, 2016
ReubenE:

So TRUE....
This Buhari guy, with the opportunity given to him now, we already know who he is and what he can do.
As for the rest you mentioned, they are nothing to write home about too. Jonathan was just too naive and lacklustre.

Sometimes I wonder why Nigeria is nourished with bad leaders. It seems almost everyone is failing...
good morning dear. It's been awhile. How you?
goodmorning,I am fyn o

1 Like

Re: "Buhari Worse Than Jonathan" — Farooq Kperogi by megbu: 6:45am On Dec 19, 2016
vodutive:

You are sound my dear but sometimes you can't help being insultive. That said I think you and many pro GEJ share the same view. Deep inside they knew the man was corrupt but when they look at the squad lined up against him as opposition, Tinubu, Amaechi, Obasanjo,Atiku,Sarrki, Audu Ogbe and so on they felt their sensibilities is being insulted. Nigerians wanted change but these guys wanted power and super contracts. Somebody like me was yearning for a young performer from the north to preside over my affair not an unbending, stubborn strong sheriff. We just want a smart man that will come in and strengthen our institutions, show us the way and leave us alone to thrive happily. We knew Nigeria was in need of change in 2015 but must it be Buhari. I think this was why the SE and SS felt that it was a gang up against GEJ because there is no difference between him and those that want him out. Our party system must be revised so that credible people could be presented to us during elections to be able to make informed choices. Not always asking the electorate every four years to chose between the devil and the deep blue sea.

1 Like

Re: "Buhari Worse Than Jonathan" — Farooq Kperogi by ReubenE(m): 6:56am On Dec 19, 2016
famosh:

Absolutely spot on. I see many people here claiming to be intelligent because they support an ineffectual buffoon but can't put situations in perspective. None of the dull Jonathan sycophants here has given a good analysis as you've done.

A Jonathan that, WITH OIL BOOM, met a GDP growth of 7.68% in 2011 & left it at 2.35% in 2015, is that an improvement? is that one a president? Buhari is failing, but these dull Jonathan sycophants shouldn't think we regret voting out the ineffectual buffoon. Somebody that was already borrowing to pay salaries a few months to the end of his tenure just because oil price fell a bit lower than usual, wetin him for dey do now that oil price doesn't even want to go up again and he can't cut wastages in government because of massive corruption around him? That guy na bad luck abeg.
My brother, calling others unprintable names just to prove a point doesn't make you intelligent either. You should understand that like noses, everyone has their own understanding and interpretation of what reality is.

Using Jonathan as a template for assessing Buhari in my opinion is so wrong.
There is a general agreement that Jonathan did poorly but that is not a ticket for Buhari to do poorly with what is available.

Let us stop using Jonathan to determine if Buhari is doing well or not. Saying Jonathan had so much money yet did not do well, so Buhari should do worse is not the right pointer.
Shining a little light in darkness when there is opportunity to shine it all is nothing better.
President Buhari could have done better than what it is now with the little available. I bet you will agree with me on this.

Good morning
Re: "Buhari Worse Than Jonathan" — Farooq Kperogi by tolumanzy: 7:02am On Dec 19, 2016
prof sir! you are saying rubbish
Re: "Buhari Worse Than Jonathan" — Farooq Kperogi by ReubenE(m): 7:12am On Dec 19, 2016
megbu:

You are sound my dear but sometimes you can't help being insultive. That said I think you and many pro GEJ share the same view. Deep inside they knew the man was corrupt but when they look at the squad lined up against him as opposition, Tinubu, Amaechi, Obasanjo,Atiku,Sarrki, Audu Ogbe and so on they felt their sensibilities is being insulted. Nigerians wanted change but these guys wanted power and super contracts. Somebody like me was yearning for a young performer from the north to preside over my affair not an unbending, stubborn strong sheriff. We just want a smart man that will come in and strengthen our institutions, show us the way and leave us alone to thrive happily. We knew Nigeria was in need of change in 2015 but must it be Buhari. I think this was why the SE and SS felt that it was a gang up against GEJ because there is no difference between him and those that want him out. Our party system must be revised so that credible people could be presented to us during elections to be able to make informed choices. Not always asking the electorate every four years to chose between the devil and the deep blue sea.
Thank you so much for this piece.
All we wanted was for someone to come and set the prerequisites for development to thrive, and leave us alone to grow.
But what we have seen so far is the usual Wednesday meetings with no corresponding gains on the part of the masses. Award of contracts to friends and wards, people claiming to clean the system with more dirty hands etc.

Nigeria is bigger than Jonathan and Buhari, so people should stop playing drama about who is better and start talking to those available to do the right thing.

There is opportunity for improvement no matter the conditions so Mr. President should buckle up.
Re: "Buhari Worse Than Jonathan" — Farooq Kperogi by famosh: 7:19am On Dec 19, 2016
ReubenE:

My brother, calling others unprintable names just to prove a point doesn't make you intelligent either. You should understand that like noses, everyone has their own understanding and interpretation of what reality is.

Using Jonathan as a template for assessing Buhari in my opinion is so wrong.
There is a general agreement that Jonathan did poorly but that is not a ticket for Buhari to do poorly with what is available.

Let us stop using Jonathan to determine if Buhari is doing well or not. Saying Jonathan had so much money yet did not do well, so Buhari should do worse is not the right pointer.
Shining a little light in darkness when there is opportunity to shine it all is nothing better.
President Buhari could have done better than what it is now with the little available. I bet you will agree with me on this.

Good morning
Read well my comment well, oga; I already said Buhari is failing.
Again, I am not calling anyone names because I need to call people names to make my point like you say. My post is in response to the comments on the first few pages where Jonathan sycophants were bullying & tagging a certain Nairalander, Sarrki, names including unintelligent, for voicing his opinion against Jonathan. But I'm sure you only read the last page of this thread, which if you even read well, you'll have seen where I said Buhari is failing.

This thread should ordinarily be about Buhari's failure & how we can remove him if he continues failing, for a better Nigeria, but you have Jonathan sycophants in the first pages trying to prove to us how successful his administration was or trying to unnecessarily compare. That's why it seemed as if I was on about some ills of Jonathan's tenure. Good morning to you too.

2 Likes

Re: "Buhari Worse Than Jonathan" — Farooq Kperogi by megbu: 7:29am On Dec 19, 2016
ReubenE:

Thank you so much for this piece.
All we wanted was for someone to come and set the prerequisites for development to thrive, and leave us alone to grow.
But what we have seen so far is the usual Wednesday meetings with no corresponding gains on the part of the masses. Award of contracts to friends and wards, people claiming to clean the system with more dirty hands etc.
Nigeria is bigger than Jonathan and Buhari, so people should stop playing drama about who is better and start talking to those available to do the right thing.
There is opportunity for improvement no matter the conditions so Mr. President should buckle up.
You get my point. Our political system and by implication our destiny has been hijacked by power seekers whose primary interest has no resonance with the aspirations of the man on the street. We are running a rat race because the same people are lining up to contest in 2019. Don't be surprised to be asked then to chose between Atiku and Buhari. Is that having a choice? Trust me its easy to unite this country in the elections, Nigerians are smarter than we care to give ourselves credit. We just need to see a credible choice if not it is back to tribalism and regionalism cos that will be the last criteria since every other criteria is non existent.

1 Like

Re: "Buhari Worse Than Jonathan" — Farooq Kperogi by ReubenE(m): 7:40am On Dec 19, 2016
megbu:

You get my point. Our political system and by implication our destiny has been hijacked by power seekers whose primary interest has no resonance with the aspirations of the man on the street. We are running a rat race because the same people are lining up to contest in 2019. Don't be surprised to be asked then to chose between Atiku and Buhari. Is that having a choice? Trust me its easy to unite this country in the elections, Nigerians are smarter than we care to give ourselves credit. We just need to see a credible choice if not it is back to tribalism and regionalism cos that will be the last criteria since every other criteria is non existent.
So TRUE.
@bolded, I am afraid the choice is right before us already, at least I have seen a little online, even here on nairaland.
My question now is, will there be redemption for Nigeria? If there is, at what cost?
With what is hanging over our heads concerning 2019 like you rightly opined, our visit to the wilderness is far from over
Re: "Buhari Worse Than Jonathan" — Farooq Kperogi by fergie001: 7:55am On Dec 19, 2016
tsdarkside:

na soo..

na so dem dem called me unclean spirit,because i dont agree with dem dem,walahi....

i was schocked..

imagine...unclean spirit.....

i still have a trauma from that statement..

i am a born and raised christian...imagine.. cry

that hurts..m cry cry

Hahahhahahaahahaha,unvclean again?People wicked sha
Re: "Buhari Worse Than Jonathan" — Farooq Kperogi by Nobody: 7:59am On Dec 19, 2016
vodutive:

I am not holding brief for Buhari but the fact that he is failing does not mean we go back to a kleptomaniac. As for money generated, think about this. Oil industry experts can correct me if I am wrong.

Oil production costs is approx $26/barrel. Under GEJ ($100 Oil and 2.2 Million BPD) we were getting about $30Billion per year, after drilling costs and JV partner's (Shell etc) share of profit. Under Buhari ($40 Oil and 1.5 Million BPD) it is only $4.3Billion per year... in fairness to him, I probably need to cut him some slack...anybody would struggle under such drop in revenues.

You forgot to mention how Buhari was responsible for the drop in oil production.

Oh I forgot omitting that piece of information was going to strengthen your position grin grin
Re: "Buhari Worse Than Jonathan" — Farooq Kperogi by nellyelitz(m): 8:00am On Dec 19, 2016
Sufisunni:
I am Buharist too! but his policies r becoming anti masses who r already impoverished. Mamman Daura and Abba Kyari, the duo who r neither APC member nor voted him during election have taken over him at the detriment of the masses who trooped out to vote him. What a dissapointment! Buhari's anti corruption crusade seems to me as the biggest joke of the century. After government orchestrated media and court trial of Saraki telling Nigerians that Saraki is corrupt r now singing a different music to us that saraki is an intelligent man and should therefore be left off handcuff, just because of not wanting to lose Saraki to join forces with Tinubu, Atiku and Makarfi's PDP faction in forming Mega opposition party. With this, Buhari is virtually telling us that he is more intrested in 2019 than fighting corruption for whom he is known for. I cant continue to deceive myself with defending this govt anymore whereas Mamman Daura is fat feeding his cabal and I m here managing 4hrs power in 3days
systematic wailing is not allowed, uncle if u want to wail get a form.
Re: "Buhari Worse Than Jonathan" — Farooq Kperogi by mista2chibbz(m): 8:25am On Dec 19, 2016
timsTNA:

For him not to have figured out this fact for himself just shows how unintelligent him and his loud mouthed brethren really are
I don't get why we should be arguing. How can you expect the blind to see what GEJ did? PMB is always on the media with Lia Lie Mohammed so that's what the blind bank on(what they hear)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Osinbajo Commends Man Who Refunded Stipends Paid To Him After Leaving N-Power / Sagay: It’s Insulting For United States To Give Conditions On Abacha's Loot / Buhari To Nigerians: Get Ready To Patronise “made In Nigeria” Products

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 175
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.