Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,224 members, 7,836,073 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:28 PM

You Don't Wanna Know - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / You Don't Wanna Know (24000 Views)

I Have Written Over 36 Indelible Fictional Stories. You Don't Want To Miss These / Have You Read The Poem "Ajala The Traveler?". I Am Sure You Dont Wanna Miss Out / James Hadley Chase Books - Wanna Buy. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Don't Wanna Know by MsNelly: 6:05pm On Jan 16, 2017
“Mom, please say something” Kemi implored her Mom. She had informed her of the recent change in wedding plans, the absurd request of Tayo’s parents and how he chose them over her, as per usual. She didn’t know what her Mom was thinking but by the looks of it, it couldn’t be good. Her parents had spent a shït ton of money on the wedding preparations.

“What nonsense are you saying to me now, Kemi? Do you know how much I and your father have spent on the reception alone? We planned a honeymoon trip for you and Tayo to Dubai?”

“Mom, I told you not to go overboard”

“Shut your mouth! Kemi, just shut your mouth before I shut it for you. We’ve spent more than a million with hopes that finally, you would settle down…”

“That is the problem with you and Daddy” Kemi began, upset. “I just told you that the man I love has left me for some flimsy reason and the first thing you talk about is your money; which you’re not lacking by the way”

“Are you okay, you this child? Don’t let me humble you in my own way”

“Mom, it has always been this way. You prioritize your material assets over your only daughter. Can’t you see that that is the reason we are here today?”

“What nonsense are you saying, Kemi?”

“I have been looking for love in all the wrong places, CAN’T YOU SEE?!” The elderly woman sat down and looked around her like she was searching for something.

Kemi sighed and sat down as well. She thought it all through: how her parents were always chasing one business deal or the other, how they never had her time of the day. Kemi was their only child and was lonely most of the time. At the age of 18, she was raped by their houseboy and although she had informed her parents, they had only fired him and warned her to stop being an attention seeking slut.

It was at that moment Kemi lost it. She became the exact opposite of everything she ever was. She went out, smoked, used drugs, had random sex with almost everyone she came in contact with. She was wild. However, she was never happy.

Eventually, she came in touch with an evangelist. She assisted her gain back her self-respect and helped her in building a relationship with God. She felt more at peace with herself. She was finally happy…or so she thought.

“It’s not my fault you decided to be a slut all over the place”

“Don’t you call me a slut!” Kemi charged towards her angrily. “Don’t you dare call me a slut! Everything was your fault. Everything was you and Daddy’s fault! You think I’ve forgiven the both of you for what you did to me? You never loved me. I was never really your daughter”

“We spent a whole lot on your wedding. If that isn’t love, then what is?” Kemi smiled sadly.

“It’s impossible. You don’t know how to love” Kemi picked up her bag. “I’m done”

“What is that supposed to mean?”

“I’m just…done.” Kemi left and this time she just knew it. She was done. Her parents were the most toxic people in her life and hard as it was, she had to let them go. She didn’t know if forgiveness was ever possible but she just had to let them out of her space. She was hurting too much already.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: You Don't Wanna Know by MsNelly: 6:07pm On Jan 16, 2017
“Omo mi?” Lola took one look at her mother’s worried face as she let her in and cringed inside. Her mother was worried about her. She had told her she had broken things off with Derin due to different genotypes and her Mom constantly insisted they go to his place and tried to work things out. Lola was confused. How do they negotiate having children with SS?

She dropped the grocery bag which was barely filled up. She had used the market as an excuse to go drop her CV at Flaming Models. She still had not told her Mom she had lost her job; she saw no need to worry her. Everything in due time.

“Omolola” Lola headed to the kitchen and her Mom followed suit.
“Did you prepare one of your delicious soups?” Lola checked the pots and stared back at her Mom. It was empty.
“What’s going on, Mom?”
“I’ve been thinking…”
“Thinking, Mom? I’m hungry”
“Shut your mouth. Did I come here to be your maid?” Lola sighed. She was tired, hungry and in a mood. She needed space; from her mother especially. The interrogations were tiring and endless.

“Mom, I’m tired and hungry, okay? I really don’t want a lecture right now” Lola looked around. “And Yeni?”

“She went out” Lola looked at her Mom unbelievably.

“Went out where? Where does she know?! What’s all this, Mom, for God’s sake? I’m having a really bad day. Can’t I trust you to keep your daughter in check?”

“I sent her out”

“Mom, where the hell did you send her to? If you want something, you should have simply asked me”

“I did want something, Lola- answers. You never gave them to me”

“Mom” Lola paused to get a hold on her nerves. She was losing it and she was trying her hardest not to take it out on her. “This is Lagos; Lagos is a very massive and complex city…”

“Lola, we live in Abuja; I’m sure she can take good care of herself”

“It’s that useless Abaji, not exactly Maitama District, you know”

“That ‘useless Abaji’ as you so put it is where you were born, where you were raised Lola” Lola rolled her eyes; she didn’t even want to think about it. Her childhood wasn’t exactly pleasant.

“Where did you send her?”

“Lola, you really want me to believe you both called it off because of your genotype?”

“Yes, Mommy, yes!”

“You’re too smart for that. You can’t possibly have dated Derin for that long without finding out his genotype”

“What is your point, Mom?”

“I gave Yeni your business card to find Derin so he can come speak to me” Lola was immediately lost for words. Had this woman completely lost her marbles?

“You did what?”

“I want him to explain why he broke up with you. Maybe then, I will finally let the matter rest”

Lola ran to the parlour to get her phone. She had to call Yeni and ask her to get back home immediately. She couldn’t let Derin speak to her Mom; she just couldn’t.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: You Don't Wanna Know by spacyzuma(m): 7:48pm On Jan 16, 2017
Good that the story is back.

Although it took me a while to remember who Kemi is.

Lola is easy to remember. She's the one having lots of sex (good and bad) grin

1 Like

Re: You Don't Wanna Know by MsNelly: 7:54pm On Jan 16, 2017
spacyzuma:
Good that the story is back.

Although it took me a while to remember who Kemi is.

Lola is easy to remember. She's the one having lots of sex (good and bad) grin

Lmao.. Wow

1 Like

Re: You Don't Wanna Know by iykekelvins(m): 8:15pm On Jan 16, 2017
Good to have u back Msnelly, biko don't leave again.

Avid follower of your diary tho..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You Don't Wanna Know by MsNelly: 8:17pm On Jan 16, 2017
iykekelvins:
Good to have u back Msnelly, biko don't leave again.

Avid follower of your diary tho..

Thank you b.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You Don't Wanna Know by MsNelly: 8:21pm On Jan 16, 2017
Kemi picked up her lace panties, sniffed it and put it in her purse. She looked at the man who was passed out on the bed in front of her and sighed. This was the first person she had sex with in five years. This drunk, no-good stranger whose name she didn’t even catch. She wanted it to be Tayo; she wanted it to be Tayo so bad. She had prayed it would be him but things never go as planned in her life. She stared at her reflection in the mirror. She was 30. Thirty with nothing good going for her except her career.

For the very first time, she wasn’t scared. She wasn’t afraid. She had spent her whole life looking for a purpose, looking for happiness, looking for love, looking for God. Maybe, there was no purpose or happiness or even love. Maybe there was just right now. Maybe all she had to do was eat and drink and wait to die. She was exhausted. She was really tired of trying. It was pointless.

“Don’t tell me you’re sneaking out while I sleep” She turned back to stare at him.

“Yes, actually. Yes, I was” He smiled and started dressing up.

“Oh good. Because if I get one more girl who orders breakfast and try to make a conversation, I’m gonna lose it” She chuckled.

“No, that’s the last thing I need right now”

She put on her stiletto and studied his body once more. He was sexy and even though he was the first person she had sex with in years, she felt no connection, no need to linger. On the contrary, she was eager to go to the club and land more men in her bed and that was exactly what she was going to do later that night. She stood up straight and walked out.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: You Don't Wanna Know by samyfreshsmooth(m): 8:33pm On Jan 16, 2017
interesting story u gat here ma'am....and am following steady
Re: You Don't Wanna Know by iykekelvins(m): 8:40pm On Jan 16, 2017
Oh wow, Kemi's going back to her old life.
Re: You Don't Wanna Know by xaviercasmir(m): 9:07pm On Jan 16, 2017
Back with a bang. Ride on sis.
Re: You Don't Wanna Know by MsNelly: 4:32am On Jan 17, 2017
The soothing voice of Celine Dion filled the room while Lola listened, nodding in nostalgia. It was one of her favourite tracks “All By Myself”. At some point, she sang along where she felt it related most to her life.
She was still patiently waiting for her younger sister who had gone to see Derin. She knew any minute he was going to be here, he was going to disgrace her before her family.

“No” She said and sat up on her bed. “I’m the one who has disgraced myself.”
Her phone began ringing and she shifted startled. She picked it up almost immediately, expecting it to be either Derin or Yeni.

“Lola?” She could recognize that gruffly voice even in her sleep. She sighed.

“Charles”

“I need you…please”

“Charles, I’m not in the mood…” She stopped as she recognized what it seemed to be him crying. “Charles, stop the drama”

“I lost my girlfriend, I’ve lost my job, Lola… I just need someone to talk to…”

“Don’t be stüpid. I lost my job and fiancé. I didn’t come crying to you like a little bïtch, did i?”

“You don’t understand…” Lola sighed, getting impatient.

“He came here…and fücked her right in front of me”

“What? What are you talking about?”

“Your boyfriend. Derin. He had sex with Sophia-“ He groaned at the other end as if in pain.

“Who the hell is Sophia? Charles, you have me lost here”

“Derin had sex with my girlfriend…IN FRONT OF ME” Lola’s mouth dropped open. That definitely did not sound like the Derin she knew. It definitely did not.

“Oh my God, Charles. But, what did you do while this happened?”

“He had a gun pointed at me, Lola. A gun! When I tried to fight him off, he hit me with it. I’ve got a massive swelling to show for it” A gun?, Lola thought.

“Wow, I’m really surprised. It almost seems like you’re describing a stranger.”

“Will you just be here tomorrow…please?” Lola nodded.

“You’ll see me Charles, but don’t act a fôol. I’ve got issues of my own too”

“Sure, thanks” She hung up and thought about everything Charles had said.

Derin surprised her by the minute. He was done with Charles and she was almost certain she was next; and it definitely seemed like he wasn’t showing no mercy.
Yeni burst into her room almost immediately. She wasn’t smiling. This can’t be good, Lola concluded. She stood up, expecting the worst.

“Why is this one standing like soldier?” Yeni asked, looking at her strangely.

“Where is Derin?” Lola asked, anxiously.

“Derin who? What is he looking for here? I thought you guys had broken up” She winked at him. “You’re planning on seducing him right back?” Lola blinked, surprised. What the hell was wrong with her little sister?

“Yeni, please where the hell is Derin?”

“At home, probably. Is he supposed to be here?”

“I mean, Mama said she wants to see him, right? I mean, that was what you went to his office for?” Yeni chuckled and sat on her bed.

“Not really. I just wanted to see how he looked like. And besides… I owe you one. I wouldn’t want to embarrass you in front of Mama” Lola rolled her eyes, suspiciously.

“So you went all the way from this house to go and see what my ex looks like without putting me in trouble”

“Yes” Yeni shrugged.

“So why didn't you pick up your phone and what the hell did you tell Mama?”

"Well... I didn't want to be bothered. And um…I told Mama the same lie you’ve been feeding us with: That the both of you are not compatible with your genotype and all that. I said that was what hot stuff told me…”

“Hot stuff? Yeni, are you okay?” Yeni made a shooing gesture with her hand.

“Yes, I’m fine. And so is your ex. And he’s really nice too”

“Yeni, keep away. He’s not a good person”

“Oho, is that why you two broke up?”

“Not your business. Leave my room”

“Tell me jare. I mean, it’s the least you can do considering I saved your ass…”

“Have you forgotten your naked pictures are no longer all over the internet?” Yeni stood up, excitedly.

“Really? What did you do?”

“Nothing serious. Your useless boyfriend doesn’t even have spine. I told him I’d turn him in and he said he was going to take down the pictures”

“Aw, thank you” Yeni hugged her. “You’re the best”

“Go joor” Lola disentangled from her hug. “You still don’t have sense, don’t forget”

“Abeg lemme. At 17, were you not already doing the do?”

“Idiot. I waited till I was 20 and even then, I did it with somebody that didn’t distribute my unclothedness all over the Net”

“How was it-your first time?” Lola sighed and reminisced. There was nothing particularly memorable about it.

“He was my first reasonable boyfriend. He was about thirty and I liked him a bit, I guess. Well, I just decided I was tired of being a virgin and well…we did it”

“How was it? Be specific”

“See, my dear, don’t listen to all these nonsense rumours about you being forever crazy about your first. Sex is never that-what’s the word-smooth? It was just there: horrible, painful, annoying. I had to explore my sexuality on my own and figure out what I liked or didn’t like. Overall, it wasn’t that big a deal”

“I thought I was ready to have sex” Lola looked at her.

“Really?”

“Yeah… with Tobi. But I guess I was wrong”

“You were. You’ll be on your way to the uni very soon. You’ll see finer, more mature boys, trust me. And when you do meet them, ask them to do three things, okay?”

“Which are?”

“1. Use a condom
2. Lick your clit
3. Shut up about it”

“What’s the clit? Been reading a lot about that”

“Oh, you’ll find out soon enough, honey”

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: You Don't Wanna Know by samyfreshsmooth(m): 6:52am On Jan 17, 2017
mehn see how mznelly just use anger take make her come back o...4 back 2 back updates in 2day...amazing!!...

thumbs up ma'am

1 Like

Re: You Don't Wanna Know by MsNelly: 9:02am On Jan 17, 2017
Kemi walked into the bar with an air of confidence surrounding her. She quickly noted she was the only female present; the tables were occupied with men and their beer glasses, their attention riveted on the big screen. They were all watching a big match. No wonder there were only guys in the bar, Kemi noted.

She quickly scanned the bar for her next catch. She noted a man in who seemed like he was in his early thirties. He was quiet and bent over his phone, a bottle of Guinness in front of him. She went forward and tapped on the table.

“Someone here?” He barely looked up before answering “No” briefly. She sat down and looked around. The attention she had gathered initially had reduced and she sighed.
She ordered for four bottles of beer and brought out her phone. She had missed calls from Lola. She rolled her eyes. She didn’t even know why she was still mad at her, but she was. Lola had everything- a nice job, a good man who would do anything for her and she ruined it for some minutes of pleasure. It was almost like what Tayo was doing to her. She didn’t want to transfer her aggression to Lola, but whenever she thought of her, she found herself doing just that. She concluded that she needed space from her. Lola was her best friend in the entire world; she’d be over this in no time.

The bartender brought forward the the bottles.
“Is it four bottles you need, Ma’am?” Kemi ignored him and opened the first bottle. She poured the contents into the glass and drank half the glass. The bartender shrugged and left immediately afterward.
Kemi observed the men in the room- how they screamed and shouted when their team won, how they expressed hurt when their team lost, even how they argued with anyone who seemed to oppose their team. Kemi chuckled as she watched them while drinking. It was free entertainment.

“And they call us emotional” The young quiet man looked up from his phone, noting her remark.

“At least we’re not arguing over boyfriends, makeup and eyebrows” Kemi sat up and smiled. She wondered how long she was going to wait to get his attention. It was her style: she never made the first move. She had a lot of confidence in her charms.

“First of all, Mister, football pales in comparison to boyfriends, makeup and even eyebrows. Secondly, it’s a little myopic of you to limit every woman’s existence to those flimsy things” He seemed impressed with her reply, Kemi noted. She opened the second bottle and tilted it into her glass, waiting for his response.

“If football is so trivial, according to you, why are you here then?”

“To fück” She answered bluntly. She looked into his eyes, gauging his reaction. He was unreadable. He nodded at her bottles.

“Isn’t that too much?” She moved a bottle towards him.

“Help me out then” He chuckled and opened the bottle, drinking directly from it.

“Why are you here?” She asked him. “You don’t seem particularly interested in the game. Too busy with your phone” He nodded.

“I am here for the game” He glanced at the TV, taking note of the scores. “We’re winning” He grinned at her. “So…seen who you want to… take home yet?”

“You. If you’re not busy, that is” She winked at him. He smiled, considering it.

“On a good day, I’d probably jump at your offer…”

“But-?” He sighed, wondering whether to tell her.

“Well, I recently got dumped. I’ve been on my phone trying to talk some sense into her. I don’t seem to be succeeding.”

“Fück her. I’m going through a breakup too, you know. I’m not going to sit here and mourn him. I’m not dead yet; fück her, fück him. Fück them” He smiled at her.

“Patrick” He said to her.

“Kemi. So…what do you say?”

“Just like you said… Fück them. Let’s fück instead” Kemi grinned at him.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: You Don't Wanna Know by yorhmienerd(m): 10:04am On Jan 17, 2017
tongue The updates are coming in quick succession. MsNelly why not make a roll call, at least to notify people... just saying

1 Like

Re: You Don't Wanna Know by smokeydrinky: 12:55pm On Jan 17, 2017
Interesting, I'm following

1 Like

Re: You Don't Wanna Know by iykekelvins(m): 4:23pm On Jan 17, 2017
Fuck_: Cure for depression..

2 Likes

Re: You Don't Wanna Know by drnoel: 7:08am On Jan 18, 2017
Oh, looks like u are back.

1 Like

Re: You Don't Wanna Know by Twaci(f): 7:28am On Jan 18, 2017
She's back! Yay!

Carry on! I love what I'm reading cheesy

1 Like

Re: You Don't Wanna Know by victorazy(m): 7:33am On Jan 18, 2017
I don't to know because...

1 Like

Re: You Don't Wanna Know by IsaacBuchi(m): 7:46am On Jan 18, 2017
Is this my first nairaland crush MzNelly, now MsNelly? Baby, where ve u been....I missed you. I don't know how to say this but I have looked for you everywhere even in the blue clouds where angels like u reside. Tell me you won't slip off again? smiley

1 Like

Re: You Don't Wanna Know by Marvinspeed(m): 8:24am On Jan 18, 2017
nice write up msnelly wink keep it going

1 Like

Re: You Don't Wanna Know by uminem02(m): 10:27am On Jan 18, 2017
pls mention me whenever you update....gr8 story BTW

1 Like

Re: You Don't Wanna Know by flaky66(f): 10:44am On Jan 18, 2017
this story is aamaaazzzing got me laughing from the first chapter more ink to your pen 😆

1 Like

Re: You Don't Wanna Know by lharstborn(m): 10:52am On Jan 18, 2017
MsNelly:

“Kemi. So…what do you say?”

“Just like you said… Fück them. Let’s fück instead” Kemi grinned at him.

Nice one there MsNelly.. Me Likey.
Keep it pouring..more ink to your pen

1 Like

Re: You Don't Wanna Know by MsNelly: 10:57am On Jan 18, 2017
Fisayo rolled her eyes as she saw him walk in. It was the third time this week. What was his problem really?

“Your boyfriend is here” Fisayo groaned and hit Yinka across the chest.

“Stop trying to be funny” She picked up the bottles, placed them on the tray and headed to her order.
The place was rowdy as usual, there were lots of guys who had come to watch the game, drink to stupor or escape from their wives. Fisayo sighed and put down the tray, completely ignoring Tayo who was seated at the bar. She saw him conversing with Yinka and concluded this wasn’t going to end well.

“Hey sweetheart” She felt the older man tap her ass accompanied with the greeting. She uncorked the bottle, poured it into his glass and made to leave.

“Here you go” He slipped a thousand naira into her bra. She sighed, considering whether or not to react. He was fond of this nonsense and she was getting sick of it, fast. She took out the money from her bra and plastered it on his forehead.

“You can keep it” She noted the shock on his face and smiled inside. The filthy old perv.

“How dare you! How dare you, you cheap slüt!” He was shouting as she walked back to the bar.

“Off upsetting our customers, huh?” Yinka said to her as he walked off to pacify the older man.

“Hi Fiso” Tayo beamed at her.

“Please don’t call me that”

“Is Yinka, your boyfriend the only one allowed to call you that?” Fisayo chuckled.

“That’s what that fool told you? My boyfriend? C’mon, that’s a reach” Fisayo saw he was visibly pleased with this piece of info and rolled her eyes.

“What do you want, Tayo? Stop coming here, okay? It was JUST sex. JUST sex. And it’s never happening again. What is your problem?”

“Let’s go out on a date. Just one date”

“No, fück you. I’m sick of guys like you coming in here and thinking they can have their way with the first woman they see”

“Fisayo, I think you’re forgetting you came on to me and not vice versa”

“And so? I’m obligated to go out with you because of one meaningless activity? Get your head out of your ass, Mr…”

“I never even said I wanted to date you; I just want to know you”

“I don’t care what you want; because guess what- we don’t want the same things.” Tayo stood up and sighed.

“Here you go” He handed her a card. “For when you change your mind”

“Drop the stüpid cöckiness” He winked at her and left. She dropped the card in her pocket and picked up a bottle of Vodka.

“You’re paying for that?” Yinka asked.

“Don’t go about telling people you’re my boyfriend, you àsshole”

“I’ve been on your matter since forever and that one walks in with his fresh suit and you forget your senses”

“What is it with every male in this bar today and some warped sense of entitlement? So I should go out with you because you’ve known me the longest?”

“That one will just use you and dump you”
“If I haven’t already done that”

“Ashewo”

“Ashewo you can’t fück with all the money in the world”

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Don't Wanna Know by MsNelly: 11:00am On Jan 18, 2017
“Ow”

“Shut up” Lola rolled her eyes and pressed down the warm wet towel on his cheek bone.

“That really hurts, Lola”

“You practically begged me to do this. You can shut up and let me continue or…”

“It doesn’t have to be an argument, okay? Just reduce the pressure”

“Don’t talk to me about pressure, stüpid” She dropped the towel in the water and stood up. “Matter of fact, don’t talk to me about anything. I’m in this mess specifically because of you”

“Are you ever going to take responsibility for your actions, Lola? I didn’t force you to do this; if not for your big fat mouth, we won’t be jobless and single.”

“This is my fault now?” Charles sighed and sat up. His head ached and this argument wasn’t helping matters. Why did she make everything so damn stressful?

“I just want to move on, Lola. I’m tired of fighting. The past is the past, okay?” She sat down and rubbed her palms.

“Well, I have. I let Flaming Models take a look at my resume. They called me for an interview.”

“That’s great” Charles smiled at her. “You’ll wow them, I’m sure of that.”

“Thanks. And you? What are you planning?”

“I might relocate. Abuja has plenty of opportunities for me. I found various job offers over there anyway” Lola was gazing intently at him now. “What?”

“You’re really gonna up and leave?”

“I need a job, Lola. Plus, I’ll be out of your hair” He winked.

“Might even give you ample time to get back with Derin” Lola instinctively advanced towards him. She placed both hands on his chest and straddled him.

“Lola-“

“Shut up Charles” He saw in her eyes clear and naked desire and wrapped his arms around her, sure and hard. She bent down, her lips brushing lightly against his lips.
The light touch sent shivers down her spine and made her tremble slightly.
He reached up and pulled her down to him. He kissed her gently, carefully; Lola noticed it was the first time he had kissed her like that. She was enjoying it; maybe a little too much. She reached for his belt and unbuckled it.

“Lola, no…” He stopped her. “I’m not done with your lips”

“Stop kissing me like that. Please.”

“How?”

“Like you mean it”

“But I do.” He kissed her once more; his tongue slipping inside her mouth, gentle yet demanding. Lola melted in his touch, moaning softly. It wasn’t like anything she had ever experienced. It was too beautiful. She pulled him closer. She had never wanted anyone as much as she wanted him in this moment. Charles stopped immediately.

“We’ve never done it in the bedroom, you know.” Lola smiled and held his face in her hands.

“What am I supposed to do with your corny àss?”

“You can make love to it” Lola chuckled, amused.
“Choice words.”

“I’m serious” She nodded. She didn’t know what she was going to do if he really left. Her life was a mess and he seemed to be the only stable thing going on for her.

“Don’t leave. I can’t do this thing...alone.”

“You’re not alone…”

“I am. Please stay. I’ll get you a job… just please… stay”

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Don't Wanna Know by MsNelly: 11:07am On Jan 18, 2017
IsaacBuchi:
Is this my first nairaland crush MzNelly, now MsNelly? Baby, where ve u been....I missed you. I don't know how to say this but I have looked for you everywhere even in the blue clouds where angels like u reside. Tell me you won't slip off again? smiley

Lol so dramatic. Nope. No slipping off again.

1 Like

Re: You Don't Wanna Know by IsaacBuchi(m): 11:26am On Jan 18, 2017
MsNelly:

Lol so dramatic. Nope. No slipping off again.

haha, feels better....even if you slip just take me anywhere u go, even in hell so I can lie in your arms, cos only your warmth can quench the fire smiley
Re: You Don't Wanna Know by Olubee22(f): 11:31am On Jan 18, 2017
MsNelly:

This wasn’t the time or place, Kemi noted as she felt his fingers move up her skirt. She looked around discreetly, taking note of everyone in the restaurant. They seemed to be absorbed in either their food or conversation. What else would they be interested in before, Kemi scolded her paranoid self. Maybe she should relax a bit. Tayo always said she should relax a bit. She was always so tense.

He smiled sheepishly at her as he rubbed the lace fabric of her panties. She was too on edge to even take note or get turned on by whatever he was doing. She spooned the jollof rice into her mouth, ignoring him. As long as no one could notice what he was doing, she was fine by it. He could go on ahead and amuse himself.

She thought about her friend, Lola. She had called her earlier on to say they needed to talk. She wondered what it was all about, but hoped all was well since she sounded worried. Lola never sounded worried. She always had everything under control; it was one of her enviable qualities.

“Ma’am?” Kemi was snapped out of her reverie by her waiter at her side. Instinctively, she pushed away Tayo’s hands.

“Y-yes?”

“You said to get back to you when dessert is set.”

“Um-“ Kemi adjusted herself, secretly wondering if he had seen what her fiancé was up to under wraps. “I uh… won’t be needing that anymore, but thank you”

“Okay then, here’s the bill” She took it from him and placed it on the table.

“Excuse me” Kemi sighed and turned to look at Tayo the minute he left.

“Is it everywhere, Tayo? Must you act this drama everywhere we go?”

“What drama? What drama, Kemi? You don’t even give me any sugar so what drama are you talking about?”

“Tayo, I thought we talked about this. I’m not ready to have sex yet, but that doesn’t mean you’ll harass me with your fingers wherever we go” He hissed and took a sip of the wine out of the glass before him.

“Say something” Kemi obliged.

“You’ve said it all, Madam Kemi. What else is there to say?”

“What is that supposed to mean, Tayo?” He shook his head, considering whether or not to say what he had bottled up inside. He loved Kemi, with all his heart and that was why when she told him she didn’t want to have sexual relations until they got married, he obliged. For a whole year, he had stayed faithful and patient. But recently, he had been put under pressure from…

“Tayo? What is it?”

“Kemi, I’m a man-“

“So? Last I checked, man does not equal animal with no self control” Tayo sighed and took another sip from his wine glass. His fiancée was a smart woman, it was best to just come out straight with her.

“Let’s have sex, Kemi. I’m begging you.”

“Why? We’ll be married in less than 2 months and then we can have all the sex we want. What’s the hurry?”

“Kemi” He held her hand as he spoke. “You know that I love you…”

“And I love you too. What is the problem?”

“I don’t wanna pressure you into anything you don’t want to do. But… my family. You know how they are. They want a baby before marriage”

“A baby?!” Kemi exclaimed, in shock.

“Well, maybe not a baby per se. But… you know, you could get pregnant. They just want to make sure you’re fertile”

“Tayo, what is wrong with you? We went for a fertility test, did we not? The doctor said I was fine. My chances of conceiving are still very high. Didn’t you tell your parents this?”

“I did, Kemi; I did. But you know they are very traditional people. They want to see before believing. And you know, with your age and all…”

“Wait… You told them my age? Are you okay?”

“Well, they asked. My Mom especially. She said you look on the older side and wanted to be sure you could still give her grandkids”

“You lied at least. Tell me, you lied please”

“I’m sorry. I told them the truth; that you’re 30” Kemi sighed and relaxed in her seat, anxious. Maybe that was why his Mom gave her the cold shoulder the last time she visited.

“Kemi? Are you listening?” She refilled the wine glass and downed it all in one gulp.

“I’m all ears.”

“So, let’s just do this thing. It doesn’t really matter.”

“It matters to me. I don’t want to have sex before marriage”

“Kemi, you’re not a virgin…” Tayo said, exasperated. “What’s the big deal? I get it; you’re a born again Christian. But my parents don’t know nor care about all of that. They won’t let me marry you if you don’t get pregnant at least…”

“They won’t let you? You’re a 32 year old man, Tayo. You don’t need their permission to do what makes you happy”

“But I do need their blessings. Technically, you’re my wife already. You have my ring on”

“I’m your fiancée. Until we make this official in church with God and man being our witness, there is no sex.”

“Kemi? Please. Compromise. Just this once?” Kemi drank up another glass and explored her options. She was a devout Christian and this was fornication in the eyes of God. She didn’t want to sin any longer, she was done with that life. She would feel regret if she slept with a man who wasn’t her husband and she had vowed to God to keep her chastity up until she was officially wedded. Compromise? With God, there was no compromise. She loved Tayo, but she loved God more. He saved her from a time when things were hell for her; all she wanted to do was worship and serve him a hundred percent. No compromises.

“Tayo?”

“Yes dear”

“You said your parents won’t let me marry me. In other words, if your parents say this won’t work, you’ll agree with them?” He looked away from her piercing gaze. He was the first and only son of his parents. They had pampered and given him every good thing in life since birth. He had never openly disagreed with his parents and he honestly didn’t want to start now.

“Kemi please don’t start.”

“Don’t start what, Tayo? You started this nonsense by bringing your parents into this”

“Kemi, don’t psychoanalyze me. Just consider it, okay?”

“You’re old enough to make your own decisions. Unfortunately, you’ve never made any in your life. You’ve never stood up to your parents; you’ve always been their puppet- done everything they asked you to: right from your career down to your love life. When are you ever going to be your own man?”

“Kemi, don’t insult me.”

“You’re the one insulting me.” She picked up her purse and stood up. “Tayo, you are going to make a choice right now. You are going to choose between the woman who you will spend the rest of your life with or…your parents.”

“Don’t do this”

“I just want to know how much I mean to you. So, I’m leaving for the ladies’ room and when I get back and you’re still here, I’ll assume you chose me. And we can go on with this wedding, without me getting pregnant or any unnecessary contribution from your parents. If you’re not here, then…you chose your parents. You want to forever continue being Mommy’s boy and we’ll call off the marriage and I don’t ever want to hear from you.”

“Kemi-!” She walked off to the bathroom stall, ignoring whatever he had to say. It was sudden and abrupt, that she knew. But she was tired. She was tired of always competing for his attention with his parents. She understood he needed to honour his parents, but she was going to be his wife. She deserved some respect too.

She broke down, crying as she looked at the reflection staring back at her. It was her age. Her age was the barrier. If she was younger, she wouldn’t be subjected to all this humiliation. She took out a tissue and wiped her face. This wasn’t the time for tears. Whatever decision Tayo took, she had to be strong for what was to follow through. They had spent a beautiful year together, was he going to throw all of that away? Kemi hoped not.

If he made this single decision for once in his life, she was going to kiss him right then and there, without minding what anyone thought. If not- Kemi refused to think about it as she returned to the restaurant.

She stopped in her steps as she saw: He was gone.
I wish I could like this over and over again.

1 Like

Re: You Don't Wanna Know by yorhmienerd(m): 11:38am On Jan 18, 2017
Olubee22:
I wish I could like this over and over again.
NEGODU undecided Just of one line comment, you quote the whole post SMH

1 Like

Re: You Don't Wanna Know by Missmossy(f): 11:44am On Jan 18, 2017
Lola is quite a character, i guess she is admitting her loss. Such an enthralling piece with a beautiful literary finesse, kudos MsNelly keep it coming cheesy Kemi and Sophia i reserve my comment on them.

1 Like

Re: You Don't Wanna Know by Olubee22(f): 12:03pm On Jan 18, 2017
yorhmienerd:
NEGODU undecided Just of one line comment, you quote the whole post SMH
Eh eh, is it your post? Somborry cannot like or comment again . Please, look to the left and move !!!!!

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

May, 2004 (a True Life Story) / Single Lady / Marital Shambles - The Crumbs Of A Happy Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.