Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,154 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:13 AM

Private Schools Vs Public Schools. - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Private Schools Vs Public Schools. (16625 Views)

Poll: I Prefer:-

Private Schools: 68% (40 votes)
Public schools: 31% (18 votes)
This poll has ended

Five Things About Students Who Attend Public Schools. / Court Upholds Ban On Use Of Hijab In Lagos Public Schools / Private Schools Vs Government Schools In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Private Schools Vs Public Schools. by hax: 9:47pm On Nov 18, 2009
The government doesn't give a damn about the public schools. They embezzle the budget and go on strikes.

The private schools are business enterprises, more concerned about profit than education.

The private schools are a little better. Until it gets to the university level. Where I THINK the public schools are a little better and more respected.
Re: Private Schools Vs Public Schools. by ihinjide: 2:13pm On Nov 19, 2009
i think private is better but letz talk abt life after school, wat do u think?
Re: Private Schools Vs Public Schools. by ihinjide: 2:18pm On Nov 19, 2009
i think private is better but letz talk abt life after school, wat do u think?
Re: Private Schools Vs Public Schools. by Virgo83(m): 10:14am On Nov 20, 2009
When discussing such issues like his, we must learn to be specific. The Private will only have edge over the Public in terms of Primary and Secondary Education, But if to talk about the Tertiary Education the public schools take the Lead.
Re: Private Schools Vs Public Schools. by spikedcylinder: 12:27pm On Nov 20, 2009
Virgo83:

But if to talk about the Tertiary Education the public schools take the Lead.

How?
Re: Private Schools Vs Public Schools. by RiffRaff: 3:48pm On Nov 20, 2009
Apart from the teaching itself, the kind of influence u will have around ur kid will be worth it.

If u want to ruin ur kids life, send them to a Nigerian public pry School and Secondary School.

As for me, i vote for private school all through.
Re: Private Schools Vs Public Schools. by Nobody: 10:11pm On Nov 23, 2009
how can u compare death and sleep.of cause private schools are far beta dan d so-called public schools.one tin is certain its either u skul in nigeria in a private skul or skul in d west in any skul at all.u nid 2 see public skuls from primary down 2 uni,it"s pathetic
Re: Private Schools Vs Public Schools. by kliva6(f): 2:50pm On Aug 12, 2013
If living in a country like Nigeria, it would be better to send one's children to a private school, but one must first properly look into the sort of school they're sending their children to. The sad thing is these days there aren't any reasonable public schools in the country, so parents are forced to send their children to private schools that promise some kind of future for these children; schools have become a business venture in our society and many enter this path as a means of making money...I myself have been to only private schools in Nigeria, and I've also lived in every continent except Oceania, so when I say the situation of schools in Nigeria is appalling please take my word for it. Because of the lax attitude of the Nigerian government to issues that won't fill their greedy pockets, education in Nigeria is a disgrace-even in these so called private schools there really is no control over what your child is learning; if a parent were to complain the principal could just tell you to "go and find another school if ours isn't good enough for you". (this did happen in the school I attended the first time I returned to Nigeria. This school was considered one of the BEST schools in ABJ at the time, and it's name has been kept secret. Many others whom I knew went to the same school or schools of a similar reputation complained in the same way. )
In regards to Private schools being a better disciplinary act for your children I disagree completely-In my case, it was the children in the Private schools that were the rudest, most foul-mouthed and spoiled children I had ever seen in my entire life! What I believe is that education should be sponsored and looked after by the Federal and State Governments-Private institutions are overly expensive and not always the best for a child, as I learnt. The only thing we can continually do is pray for good leaders in this country that will understand that being in a government post means looking after the people, and is not a chance to develop one's pockets. How I just wish I were finished with my education..I have so many dreams for this country that are ALL possible and will help the middle and lower classes...but I'm not even 20 yet...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Female Uniport Student Accuses Lecturers Of Demanding 3 Some, Before Giving E Sc / NNPC National Quiz 2019: Dangote Pictured With Winners At The Grand Finale / Uniabuja Pre-registration For Post Ume Date Is Out,confirmed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.