Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,349 members, 7,829,884 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:10 PM

EFCC Accuses Ex-fct Minister Of Fronting For Patience Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Accuses Ex-fct Minister Of Fronting For Patience Jonathan (7595 Views)

Fuel Scarcity: APC Makes U-turn, Appeals For Patience / EFCC Seizes 14 Properties Traced To Ex-fct Minister Mohammed, Son / Fani-Kayode In Lagos Court For Patience Jonathan (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC Accuses Ex-fct Minister Of Fronting For Patience Jonathan by aboy247: 8:08pm On Dec 14, 2016

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission has accused a former Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Mr. Bala Mohammed, of diverting internally generated revenue while in office and acting as a front for Mrs. Patience Jonathan, the wife of ex-President Goodluck Jonathan.

A detective in the EFCC, while speaking with our correspondent, alleged Mohammed became very close to the Jonathan family in 2009 after he called for the adoption of the doctrine of necessity when the then President Umaru Yar’Adua was critically ill and unable to perform his functions as President.It was through this process that Yar’Adua was declared incapacitated and paved the way for the then Vice-President Jonathan to become the acting President and later President.

As FCT minister, Mohammed revoked the 1.84 hectares of land allocated to Yar’Adua’s wife, which was meant for her organisation, Women and Youth Empowerment Foundation.

The ex-minister then allocated the land to Patience for the construction of African First Ladies’ Peace Mission’s secretariat, stating that the move was in the interest of the public.

An FCT High Court, however, described the land grab as illegal and returned it to Mrs. Yar’Adua.

A source at the EFCC, however, said there was evidence to show that the ex-minister had given other plots of land to Patience in a similar fashion.

“We have evidence to show that Bala Mohammed was a front for Patience Jonathan. He abused his position and used it to allocate land to her as well. Patience has several business interests in Abuja, including a hotel,” a source stated.

Patience has since written a petition to the House of Representatives, accusing the EFCC of harassing her and her associates.

In an interview with journalists in 2015, the ex-minister denied abusing his office, stating that he was loyal to the Jonathan family and was only helping Patience with her African First Ladies’ Peace Mission’s project by providing her with free land.

He had said, “People say all sorts of things about my family: that I have stolen so and so billions; I have given plots of land to the first lady. People are always insinuating that the first lady has so much in the FCT and they are all lies.

“Most people talk this way because they want to see a situation to cause friction; an example is what happened with our support of the First Lady Mission.

“It is an African Union initiative. It is not personal to the first lady, it is a global initiative, but some highly-placed Nigerians were insinuating that we were taking FCT resources to service the first lady. It is not so.”

Mohammed has been in EFCC custody for six weeks and is accused of entering into some controversial land deals, as well as giving some landed properties to his cronies for the construction of malls.

Source: http://nigerianewstoday.com.ng/efcc-accuses-ex-fct-minister-of-fronting-for-patience-jonathan/

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Accuses Ex-fct Minister Of Fronting For Patience Jonathan by Saturday80(m): 8:20pm On Dec 14, 2016
We are working hard to make money while politicians are busy wasting the country's money.
Because of hustle, I nor dey get time take enter nairaland self.
There is God oooooooo

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Accuses Ex-fct Minister Of Fronting For Patience Jonathan by tobtap: 7:48am On Dec 15, 2016
OLEE.... bala is the worst fct minister ... BUT the new goat herder currently occupying the position is really really CLUELESS

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Accuses Ex-fct Minister Of Fronting For Patience Jonathan by osumak2: 7:49am On Dec 15, 2016
lipsrsealed
Re: EFCC Accuses Ex-fct Minister Of Fronting For Patience Jonathan by Primusinterpares(m): 7:49am On Dec 15, 2016
In sound sultans voice...one day bush meat go catch the hunter...
Re: EFCC Accuses Ex-fct Minister Of Fronting For Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 7:49am On Dec 15, 2016
All these politicians are THIEVES!

Who's better than the other?

And some folks will come here and fight for and against who doesn't give a care about their existence.

#NaijaWhichWay

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Accuses Ex-fct Minister Of Fronting For Patience Jonathan by michealsolola(m): 7:50am On Dec 15, 2016
shocked lipsrsealed undecided
Re: EFCC Accuses Ex-fct Minister Of Fronting For Patience Jonathan by engrjacuzzi: 7:50am On Dec 15, 2016
efcc is it still active in Nigeria?? yeye set of people.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Accuses Ex-fct Minister Of Fronting For Patience Jonathan by Icecomrade: 7:52am On Dec 15, 2016

After reading this thrash It just confirmed

EFCC are just like babes.

Personal beef nothing more.

What fact have they presented to justify this allegation.

Let Patience rest or take up credible and evidenced facts in court.

This media fun is becoming extremely foolish.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Accuses Ex-fct Minister Of Fronting For Patience Jonathan by Fstdammie(m): 7:53am On Dec 15, 2016
It's well
Re: EFCC Accuses Ex-fct Minister Of Fronting For Patience Jonathan by yanabasee(m): 7:53am On Dec 15, 2016
k
Re: EFCC Accuses Ex-fct Minister Of Fronting For Patience Jonathan by Zico5(m): 7:55am On Dec 15, 2016
Ok
Re: EFCC Accuses Ex-fct Minister Of Fronting For Patience Jonathan by 5starmilitant: 7:56am On Dec 15, 2016
I think this war against Patience is not going to yield any positive result. The woman is not even bothered, while magu is trying so hard to please buhari and the north.

Well lets see how the season film o end.

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Accuses Ex-fct Minister Of Fronting For Patience Jonathan by Moreoffaith(m): 7:57am On Dec 15, 2016
Hmmm...They should gather their evidence and take this woman to court abi she big pass them ni...
Re: EFCC Accuses Ex-fct Minister Of Fronting For Patience Jonathan by Enyimbamercedes: 7:59am On Dec 15, 2016
El-rufai did same but is free.... EFCC always playing to the gallery and that's why Mr Magoo...Magu...Mugu will never be confirmed.

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Accuses Ex-fct Minister Of Fronting For Patience Jonathan by INTROVERT(f): 8:00am On Dec 15, 2016
no be only front.... Na backyard
Re: EFCC Accuses Ex-fct Minister Of Fronting For Patience Jonathan by daniella04: 8:03am On Dec 15, 2016
I am trying to understand something, is it ok for lands to be allocated to first ladies. Don't know if I comprehend this article well.
The crook of an FCT minister allocated lands to late president's wife and later took same lands from her and gave it to an ex president's wife, but fct court gave it back to first person. Now both of them are no longer first ladies yet the land is still on their names.
And only one person is being persecuted, what happens to the other one. lipsrsealed. Let me look for kunu to sip

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Accuses Ex-fct Minister Of Fronting For Patience Jonathan by Moreoffaith(m): 8:04am On Dec 15, 2016
Mikoo22:

Some powers are greater

And if we continue this way we are heading nowhere..Also where immunity will lead this country to in this country only God can take us out, see what happened. To Zuma in South Africa how come we can't do such in this country...yeye dey smell.
Re: EFCC Accuses Ex-fct Minister Of Fronting For Patience Jonathan by Mayorsholly(m): 8:07am On Dec 15, 2016
In Patience voice 'There iz God o' chaii grin
Re: EFCC Accuses Ex-fct Minister Of Fronting For Patience Jonathan by dafeyankee: 8:08am On Dec 15, 2016
Ole

1 Like

Re: EFCC Accuses Ex-fct Minister Of Fronting For Patience Jonathan by momentarylapse: 8:17am On Dec 15, 2016
I'm not even suprised 1 bit and couldn't care less!

This is what I would tell this story if it was a person.....

Re: EFCC Accuses Ex-fct Minister Of Fronting For Patience Jonathan by LorDBolton(m): 8:34am On Dec 15, 2016
1.84 hectares? Na farm d turai yar'adua and pej wan use am for??

What's d justification for that b.s?
Re: EFCC Accuses Ex-fct Minister Of Fronting For Patience Jonathan by MrCounselor: 8:36am On Dec 15, 2016
Bad for we country
Re: EFCC Accuses Ex-fct Minister Of Fronting For Patience Jonathan by GOFRONT(m): 8:36am On Dec 15, 2016
Now let me ask again??

In this whole Article from top to bottom, Is there any where a name of a Common man was mention No!!!. Is there anywhere in d story where any plot of land was Allocated to a common Man?? No!!!

Nigerians hav been Cheated but they don't know!!!!

Now ask ursef......the purpose of d land is never to build Mass housing for d poor masses in Abuja......The purpose is to build A Gigantic Mansion called secretariat where wives of previleged few will be housed.....
Re: EFCC Accuses Ex-fct Minister Of Fronting For Patience Jonathan by DaBullIT(m): 8:55am On Dec 15, 2016
Let them Fuuuckkkk him or her up
Re: EFCC Accuses Ex-fct Minister Of Fronting For Patience Jonathan by kolaish(m): 9:34am On Dec 15, 2016
NONSENSE AND HIGH SERVICE EFCC. EFCC IS ONLY A POLITICAL TOOL IN THE HANDS OF THE REIGNING GOVERNMENT TO WITCHUNT OPPOSITON. WHY DID THEY NOT SAY THIS WHEN JONATHAN WAS IN GOVERNMENT.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Accuses Ex-fct Minister Of Fronting For Patience Jonathan by Boyooosa(m): 11:51am On Dec 15, 2016
kolaish:
NONSENSE AND HIGH SERVICE EFCC. EFCC IS ONLY A POLITICAL TOOL IN THE HANDS OF THE REIGNING GOVERNMENT TO WITCHUNT OPPOSITON. WHY DID THEY NOT SAY THIS WHEN JONATHAN WAS IN GOVERNMENT.
because GEJ her husband will not allow them to arrest his wife while in power but now, the power is shifted and the justice is sufficed... That is Law of Nature for you. If Buhari allows aisha to steal today, EFCC will hol'on til they loose power and come after them when Nature stripe power off them. So chill, relax and drink sobo as corruption goes down bit by bit in nation. If you want corruption to die in Nigeria click like, if you want EFCC to arrest Dame, click share.
Re: EFCC Accuses Ex-fct Minister Of Fronting For Patience Jonathan by kolaish(m): 12:17pm On Dec 15, 2016
Boyooosa:

because GEJ her husband will not allow them to arrest his wife while in power but now, the power is shifted and the justice is sufficed... That is Law of Nature for you. If Buhari allows aisha to steal today, EFCC will hol'on til they loose power and come after them when Nature stripe power off them. So chill, relax and drink sobo as corruption goes down bit by bit in nation. If you want corruption to die in Nigeria click like, if you want EFCC to arrest Dame, click share.
The fight against corruption in nigeria is a mere rhetoric. In a sane society, people are called to account for their crime, even when they are in power. Zouma in south africa, prime minister of japan, rusself of brazil are examples. EFCC should be bold enough to arrest perpetrators of crime even when they are on seat. Enough of this madness called fight against corruption.

Note: I am not PDP/APC supporter.
Re: EFCC Accuses Ex-fct Minister Of Fronting For Patience Jonathan by Boyooosa(m): 2:23pm On Dec 15, 2016
kolaish:
The fight against corruption in nigeria is a mere rhetoric. In a sane society, people are called to account for their crime, even when they are in power. Zouma in south africa, prime minister of japan, rusself of brazil are examples. EFCC should be bold enough to arrest perpetrators of crime even when they are on seat. Enough of this madness called fight against corruption.

Note: I am not PDP/APC supporter.
I agree with you bro, we will get there! I dont know how, you might want to ask me why.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Accuses Ex-fct Minister Of Fronting For Patience Jonathan by Justiceleague1: 4:26am On Feb 15, 2017
grin
DaBullIT:
Let them Fuuuckkkk him or her up
repeat after me: "ewa na bns o,ewa" grin grin

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: Aisha Buhari Concludes Plans To Pack Out Of Aso Villa / FG Yet To Reconstitute Minimum Wage Team / Letter From Lt.col. Ojukwu To Lt. Col.banjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.