Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,695 members, 7,823,955 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:10 PM

MMM Crash: Over 3million Nigerians Lose Over N18.765billion - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / MMM Crash: Over 3million Nigerians Lose Over N18.765billion (42086 Views)

"How Ponzi Scheme Nearly Ruined My Life And Made Me Lose Over N2million" / MMM Top Guider Chuddy Ugorji Finally Reacts To Alleged MMM Crash / EFCC Responds To User Who Called Them Out Over MMM Crash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

MMM Crash: Over 3million Nigerians Lose Over N18.765billion by Jyds14: 11:48pm On Dec 14, 2016
*Guider makes N5billion cool cash
*Many suffer high blood pressure

By Olajide Fashikun, Collins Ajibola, Oluwole Francis and Sandra Onyekwere

As thousands of Nigerian participants and investors continue to groan and moan, some even cursing, over the ‘crash’ of the popular ponzi scheme, otherwise known as MMM, investigations has revealed that one Chuddy Anayo Ugorji, popularly referred to as “The MMM-Nigeria number one Guider,” may have allegedly raked over N5billion within a year from the embattled system.

An analyst says Nigerians (figure yet to be compiled) lost in excess of N8.765billion to the scheme. Many people borrowed loans and some sold their properties to be able to participate in anticipation of funding the Christmas and New Year with the profit margin that was to come with their principal.

An Abuja-based lawyer dipped his hands into some client funds in the chambers to invest N1million just 24 hours before the crash of the scheme. Several official institutional warnings were issued about the dangers inherent in the scheme which was known to have crashed in other nations of the world.

According to a social media pundit, Olushola Oke, ‎“Chuddy is the head Admin of MMM, he is the one who brought MMM into Nigeria, he is the one who runs things at MMM just the way Mark Zuckerberg runs Facebook. People fail to realise that a Website cannot create itself, a human being has to see through its day to day activities and Chuddy is the one behind MMM and the same Chuddy is also a participant of this same MMM and this same Chuddy is also the number one Guider on this same MMM.

“Don’t you already see that there is already A Red flag? He even collected a whopping N6million payment on the 8th of December! As at the last check, 94,774 persons had bought into the scheme.

Crash story is a ruse: Promoters of MMM Nigeria, known as Guiders have urged Nigerians to remain calm as the one month freezing of all accounts of the scheme is a measure adopted to ensure sustainability and stability of the scheme. The system which entails the Providing Help (PH) and the Getting Help (GH) also assured that there is nothing to worry about since the ‘FROZEN ACCOUNT’ period is even the best time to provide help.

Further details can be found here: http://gongnews.net/mmm-crash-over-3million-nigerians-lose-over-n18-765billion/[b][/b]

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MMM Crash: Over 3million Nigerians Lose Over N18.765billion by ochuski(m): 11:50pm On Dec 14, 2016
Shey... Hospital don already full with high B.P cases

21 Likes

Re: MMM Crash: Over 3million Nigerians Lose Over N18.765billion by softwerk(f): 11:51pm On Dec 14, 2016
Fake news!!! I regret wasting my MB to even comment sad

64 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MMM Crash: Over 3million Nigerians Lose Over N18.765billion by AkinPhysicist: 11:52pm On Dec 14, 2016
cool

1 Like

Re: MMM Crash: Over 3million Nigerians Lose Over N18.765billion by Nobody: 12:20am On Dec 15, 2016
lol the media no get work.. FG is owning much more than that and many people lost their lives cause no pension. The media isn't carrying such news.. Infant screw who ever published this nonsense.

78 Likes

Re: MMM Crash: Over 3million Nigerians Lose Over N18.765billion by uckennety(m): 6:20am On Dec 15, 2016
Hey mavrodians do we need to comment?

He is looking for attention

As for me#operationPHing in MMM is wt we need.

70 Likes 1 Share

Re: MMM Crash: Over 3million Nigerians Lose Over N18.765billion by Primusinterpares(m): 7:13am On Dec 15, 2016
I pray this not to be true...please we should be careful of the things we post online...consider d psychological effect it will have on thousands of Nigerians telling dem dat dia monies r gone... before posting things like this...
My 2 kobo

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MMM Crash: Over 3million Nigerians Lose Over N18.765billion by madridguy(m): 7:13am On Dec 15, 2016
Why are these people taking paracetamol for our headache naa? Leave us alone, there are many things you people could write about.

In MMM we trust. MMM rocks like CR7.

95 Likes 3 Shares

Re: MMM Crash: Over 3million Nigerians Lose Over N18.765billion by KauntantJoyce(f): 7:14am On Dec 15, 2016
OP, how much them pay u to post this topic na? I don ask b4

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MMM Crash: Over 3million Nigerians Lose Over N18.765billion by 5starmilitant: 7:14am On Dec 15, 2016
Now everyone that participated in MMM is complaining except the first guider. Even my friend that bought lexus 330 with money from the Scheme, is still complaining.

So where are the people that benefited?

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MMM Crash: Over 3million Nigerians Lose Over N18.765billion by Geenosko: 7:14am On Dec 15, 2016
N
Re: MMM Crash: Over 3million Nigerians Lose Over N18.765billion by sportskid(m): 7:14am On Dec 15, 2016
I wonder where this people get their news from. Nawaoooo.

6 Likes

Re: MMM Crash: Over 3million Nigerians Lose Over N18.765billion by georgen2u(m): 7:14am On Dec 15, 2016
BUHARI GO ABD PAY FALCONS STOP LOOKING FOR DISTRACTIONS

DID YOU NOTICE HOW HE RAN OUT IF THE COUNTRY TO PERSUADE ANOTHER PRESIDENT ON STEPPING DOWN, I HOPE HE DOES THE SAME COME 2019, BECAUSE HE HAS NOTHING TO OFFER AND ALWAYS FIRST TI RUN TO PEOPLE ISSUES TO DIVERSIFY ATTENTION

Why are the media so bent on masturbating over this issue, and Nairaland always pushing it to front page guess what?

To cause panic and fear, this post was scraped from Niaij that onsolicited blog site scavenging for any type of traffic

If it may interest you, I just got paid yesterday Courtsey of mmm, I pity the gullible Nigerians that will chicken out, yes it's risky that's why I advise you to participate with your spare money,

However to the federal government that orchestrated this fear,
I hope your fanning yourself now like you have won a medal, you couldn't even pay the falcons, now suddenly you are interested to help over 3million Nigeria,

Shame to all those people sitting and praying for mmm to crash, let me just ask yoy
Since you have been playing it safe till now what have you achieved?
This world has principles, you may whine and puffed on why I joined this ponzi scheme as you may call it.
But I am not stupid, in this your country you call Nigeria where nothing works, mmm is the only thing you can put ur one naira just take it as sacrifice and yet it comes back to you.

Businesses are winding down, salaries are not paid, even to national level and our beloved FG s on her exalted throne to save us lol

Continue, deceiving yourself, I rather stand for something than live for nothing, no matter the media propergander and all hogwash news flying out to. Mock or discourage us, , I say we are more than able, strong United and firm, mmm can only stop if we choose to listen to them

Just understand, whether you, u stay in your house and being fed, or u sleep under bridges or lives in ASO villa, one thing must kill a man, I rather die standing up looking for a means to survive this hell hole than begging on my knewll throughout my life time.

Nonses

37 Likes 5 Shares

Re: MMM Crash: Over 3million Nigerians Lose Over N18.765billion by martineverest(m): 7:14am On Dec 15, 2016
serves dem right.....greed is not good

to the hopeful ones: with the kind of brouhaha surrounding MMM debacles,do u think MMM will 'defreeze' in january,knowing that many nigerians will withdraw from d scheme if the they(MMM) resumes january?

9 Likes

Re: MMM Crash: Over 3million Nigerians Lose Over N18.765billion by Nobody: 7:15am On Dec 15, 2016
grin
see them on this thread still hanging desperately onto little strings of hope. Don't let anyone kid you,it has crashed. This frozen talk is nothing but damage control.Y'all should take heart and be strong and please stay away from ropes.

stage1: Denial.√

This is what you get when you engage in ponzi schemes.

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: MMM Crash: Over 3million Nigerians Lose Over N18.765billion by sotall(m): 7:15am On Dec 15, 2016
k
Re: MMM Crash: Over 3million Nigerians Lose Over N18.765billion by boman2014: 7:15am On Dec 15, 2016
lalasticlala this topic deserve front page then

www.nairaland.com/3518595/exposed-how-mmm-number-1

1 Like

Re: MMM Crash: Over 3million Nigerians Lose Over N18.765billion by Adebiyifunsho(m): 7:15am On Dec 15, 2016
God win shocked shocked shocked shocked wink tongue

1 Like

Re: MMM Crash: Over 3million Nigerians Lose Over N18.765billion by Nobody: 7:15am On Dec 15, 2016
As always, I would comment on contemporary issues that affect the Nigerian populace. All for love of Nigeria. Even though I believe that Nigeria as it stands is close to a failed state, we can all do more through visionary leadership to emancipate our country from the cesspit that has gutted it. That said, I have followed closely the MMM phenomenon since it came to my attention, and as it is normal of my analytical mind, I have taken time to study the trend, review historical facts, and all other data available to me. After this review I have therefore, come to the following conclusions on the fate of MMM.

1. For those that are hoping MMM would suddenly resurface in January because the Nigerian planter's wife said so in a note, are definitely setting themselves up for depression. Nothing of such would happen. This is the deal, MMM is not an investment it is a gamble. The money is only redistributed therefore the system would crash when two conditions occur - something that has already taken place - and these conditions are as follows:

-When new comers or "help providers" exceeds those who want to receive "help" it sets the stage for a crash

-When those withdrawing exceeds a critical amount needed to keep it rolling regardless of the number of people joining, then the system would crash.

I believe these two conditions have been met. Christmas time is a time no one wants to give money, rather they want to be helped, with the overwhelming withdrawals that far exceeded the "help providers" the system had to be shut down, because money does not grow on trees.

2. If MMM ever have a blinker to open, which I doubt very much in January as stated in their later, there would be a state of panic withdrawals, and there would be sharp decline of the new people that would have otherwise joined. This panic withdrawals, would lead the MMM handlers to shut it down completely and take with them whatever is left of the system.

3. The other reason MMM had to shut down early December is more likely than not to ensure maximum "cash outs" by the handlers. At this time there is an all time high of money in the system because people put in most of what they had to ensure they get good cash for the Christmas, this high would not happen any other time of the year, so this was the best time for the handlers to cash out big, and I believe they already did.

Finally, the MMM phenomenon further shows the failed system of Nigeria. This system only flourishes in this magnitude in failed countries. It thrived in Russia during the collapse of the Soviet Union, failed Zimbabwe, thrived in failed parts of South Africa, like Soweto. People have lost hope in any decent labor or lack of jobs thereof. Other are greedy and sometimes plain dumb.

Good luck to everyone "waiting" in trepidation to get help. I wish you luck.

God Bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria

-CramJones

75 Likes 4 Shares

Re: MMM Crash: Over 3million Nigerians Lose Over N18.765billion by MARKone(m): 7:15am On Dec 15, 2016
Which one be gongnews again undecided all these fake a$$ bloggers. MMM has not crashed! Participants need to ignore this Media war, we all need to be strong this trying period, PH if you can.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MMM Crash: Over 3million Nigerians Lose Over N18.765billion by labamo07(m): 7:15am On Dec 15, 2016
The present day government heavily criticized MMM, from CBN to National Assembly but i keep asking myself, if the government keep failing its people by inflicting more injuries to their finances and they decided to look elsewhere to seek income, what problem is that to the government? Shey na your money? Youth who are not gainfully employed would rather put their money in the ponzi scheme and sport betting rather than wait for a government that promises to pay stipend of N5000 without accurate database or a government that was unable to fix a cabinet within 6months into power. MMM got frozen in South Africa before and its running perfectly now.......................
Re: MMM Crash: Over 3million Nigerians Lose Over N18.765billion by GogetterMD(m): 7:15am On Dec 15, 2016
MMM Nigeria : together we will shortchange the world cool

3 Likes

Re: MMM Crash: Over 3million Nigerians Lose Over N18.765billion by omron(m): 7:15am On Dec 15, 2016
stop all this rubbish news....na your money?

4 Likes

Re: MMM Crash: Over 3million Nigerians Lose Over N18.765billion by AntiWailer: 7:15am On Dec 15, 2016
Na wa o
Re: MMM Crash: Over 3million Nigerians Lose Over N18.765billion by Helkayklassic(m): 7:16am On Dec 15, 2016
Is it your money? Na those wey no even dey do MMM dey help us use Phensic for our headache. Sey we complain give una. 80% of those participating in MMM knows from the onset that it is a risk. Stop all this Alaroye news joor.

11 Likes

Re: MMM Crash: Over 3million Nigerians Lose Over N18.765billion by Godswillnwaoma(m): 7:16am On Dec 15, 2016
I dont participate in MMM, but the way the media is spreading the news about its crash is uncalled for. What will they gain if MMM finally crash? But i dot think it wil crash, so i urged those that involved in the scheme to exercise more patients till january next year.

17 Likes

Re: MMM Crash: Over 3million Nigerians Lose Over N18.765billion by diportivo: 7:17am On Dec 15, 2016
Fake news

E neva crash,remain small

Guys can still PH but not GH na.....and I think dats cool...or not

Who cares

3 Likes

Re: MMM Crash: Over 3million Nigerians Lose Over N18.765billion by Oludrex(m): 7:17am On Dec 15, 2016
cry cry

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: MMM Crash: Over 3million Nigerians Lose Over N18.765billion by Damilare5882(m): 7:17am On Dec 15, 2016
chai... thank God i stopped 3weeks ago .. i predicted the crash cos usually , it takes 2 weeks to get a match ,but recently , within 3, 4, 5 days , you get a match to pay .. that was a warning so i stopped..a bro registered 1m under me and he got matched the third day...........i was like WTF..... just advised him not to pay ..chai ..had it been he payed.. my bro would have been chilling in the emergency ward by now cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin

45 Likes

Re: MMM Crash: Over 3million Nigerians Lose Over N18.765billion by rozayx5(m): 7:17am On Dec 15, 2016
the way NL is pushing any blog link about this stuff to frontpage is worrisome. undecided undecided

this news is fake

6 Likes

Re: MMM Crash: Over 3million Nigerians Lose Over N18.765billion by otukpo(f): 7:17am On Dec 15, 2016
This MMM stories don too much.

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why Ponzi Schemes Always Fail (Graphic And Mathematical Proof) / NBC Code: Netflix, Amazon, Irokotv, Africa Magic May End Investment In Nigeria / Zuckerberg Loses $7 Billion In Hours As Facebook Plunges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.