Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

Prediction And Analysis On The Future Of MMM - Cramjones - Investment (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Prediction And Analysis On The Future Of MMM - Cramjones (55377 Views)

CNN, BBC Predict The Future Of MMM Nigeria / MMM Participants Celebrate The Return Of MMM Nigeria (Videos) / The Death Of MMM (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prediction And Analysis On The Future Of MMM - Cramjones by asorocker: 12:04pm On Dec 16, 2016
why Nigerians can do analysis and prediction of the future of MMM but cannot do analisis and corrrectly predict Nigeria's future

7 Likes

Re: Prediction And Analysis On The Future Of MMM - Cramjones by FlyboyZee: 12:48pm On Dec 16, 2016
tammie24:
I know lots of students that are into it and young jobless youth
It is not every student or jobless person that is poor. Even the so-called joblessness is subjective. So many so-called jobless people actually do earn far and above "jobbed" people, but they call themselves jobless just because they are not engaged in paid employment...

4 Likes

Re: Prediction And Analysis On The Future Of MMM - Cramjones by MrEverest(m): 4:58pm On Dec 16, 2016
gameboyo:

With which invested funds will they use to pay this accumulated debt?
Ask question on things you dont understand instead of making assumptions. Yes, there is no central account but hundreds of thousands that benefited from mmm are still proving help as we speak, by january, they will be merged to pay others. If their numbers are not up to those seeking help, the admin can allow for GH in phases with reduced interest & bonus. This is not rocket science, if the recession continues, there is no way many Nigerians will stop doing mmm when there situation is largely hopeless.

3 Likes

Re: Prediction And Analysis On The Future Of MMM - Cramjones by amanikondo: 7:48pm On Dec 16, 2016
MMM- My Money Miss

Re: Prediction And Analysis On The Future Of MMM - Cramjones by ngmgeek(m): 7:51pm On Dec 16, 2016
Hmmmn Ponzi 101 cheesy

Re: Prediction And Analysis On The Future Of MMM - Cramjones by Nobody: 7:51pm On Dec 16, 2016
See more sportfeedz.com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Prediction And Analysis On The Future Of MMM - Cramjones by Mightyify(m): 7:52pm On Dec 16, 2016
Owk

2 Likes

Re: Prediction And Analysis On The Future Of MMM - Cramjones by fkdmods: 7:53pm On Dec 16, 2016
uckennety:
Jobless blogger watch and see

Stage 1; Denial.

Stage 2; Loading. . . . . . . .
Re: Prediction And Analysis On The Future Of MMM - Cramjones by InvertedHammer: 7:55pm On Dec 16, 2016
MY THOUGHT ON MMM BEFORE THE FREEZE

InvertedHammer:
12:14am On Nov 29
/
Two things that kill a fad:
1. A bad joke
2. Rumours.

MMM will fall victim of either one. The scheme may be legit, but the participants will have no control over what may spin it out of control. Some people are out to destroy MMM. Historically, such people usually win because fear is greater than greed. Fear will destroy in one week what it took greed four years to build. If in doubt, take a clue from stock market crashes. Explanations only come after the carnage.
/

InvertedHammer:
3:19pm On Nov 29
/
Venture is a risky undertaking. Check.
Financial is anything relating to money. Check.
MMM is a financial risk. Check.

Ponzi schemes last a long time. Even in Ponzi schemes, people make a lot of money. It is the greedy ones who don't know when to get out that get burned. Is MMM a Ponzi scheme? I believe that it is a matter of semantics.

30% returns? Everyone knows that the business model is not sustainable. But if you know how to game the system, you will come out unscathed.
I don't know how MMM works. But looking at the claims, it shows that it will take 4 months to turn profit. That is a very short term good return.
N1m yields N300k per month. So in 4 months, N1m yields N1.2m. Then take the N1.2m out and play with the initial N1m. Your risk becomes your time. If it crashes (I prefer the term supersaturates -- recipients outnumber helpers), then you lose nothing but time and effort.
\

2 Likes

Re: Prediction And Analysis On The Future Of MMM - Cramjones by DonCortino: 7:57pm On Dec 16, 2016
MisterGrace:
Stop creating more tension. You are not helping matters.

Its their chance to help crash d system. But they will fail.

And for those saying mmm south africa has crashed, d site is up n running and peeps are PHing and GHing.
m.rsa-mmm(dot)co

2 Likes

Re: Prediction And Analysis On The Future Of MMM - Cramjones by ylaa(f): 7:57pm On Dec 16, 2016
God pls may I not loose my money.

2 Likes

Re: Prediction And Analysis On The Future Of MMM - Cramjones by Goldenprinz(m): 7:58pm On Dec 16, 2016
We'll soon start hearing new movie titles from noollywood. Like - MMM boys love of MMM tears of MMM MMM why me MMM betrayal downfall of MMM hopeful return of MMM MMM coming SOON just watch and see

1 Like

Re: Prediction And Analysis On The Future Of MMM - Cramjones by dre44k(m): 7:59pm On Dec 16, 2016
tammie24:
One can't deny the fact that MMM has help a lot of people, I'm not a participant of MMM but from what I've seen around it seems to be the answer to the prayers of people especially with the current economic situation in the country. I've observed that most of the people that want mmm gone are people that are well to do that like people to remain below them and never become something in life. When you realise that the person who is always asking you for money stops, you start getting jealous and angry. I hope MMM comes back though but they need to do serious damage control!
God bless you big big!!!

3 Likes

Re: Prediction And Analysis On The Future Of MMM - Cramjones by haibe(m): 8:01pm On Dec 16, 2016
The most dangerous part of MMM is that it makes the nation unproductive in the long run, money becomes worthless (since everyone can get money by sitting at home).. increase in inflation rate, further depreciation of the naira

2 Likes

Re: Prediction And Analysis On The Future Of MMM - Cramjones by Nobody: 8:02pm On Dec 16, 2016
this says it all, the greedy ones wont want to understand the logic behind mmm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Prediction And Analysis On The Future Of MMM - Cramjones by sanemann: 8:03pm On Dec 16, 2016
The fact still remains mmm is ran be selfish individuals that will rather see people suffer n loss money than watch their company CRASH DOWN as WILL EVENTUALLY HAPPEN!!!
Re: Prediction And Analysis On The Future Of MMM - Cramjones by Nobody: 8:05pm On Dec 16, 2016
Someone shared this analogy on facebook

Assuming 5 friends A,B,C,D,and E resolve to render help worth 100,000 each on MMM with 30% return on investment.
Total money in the pool will be 500,000.
Since the fund in not invested anywhere, the dormant total remains 500,000
On request of assistance
A collects, 130,000 from the pool leaving a balance of 370,000
B collects 130,000, leaving a balance of 240,000
C collects 130,000 leaving a balance of 110,000
With the balance of 110,000, it means that the fourth person D can only get his initial capital and 10% return on investment.
What happens to the fifth person, E.
An economic hole is dug.
For every 5 persons, one person loses his invested capital.
One will ask why is the scheme surviving today?
The simple answer is that the pledged and requested help are not happening simultaneously but for every help, a hole is created.
Thank you
That means for 500 people, 100 will lose their money.
For 1million persons, we will have 200,000 destitutes and hole becomes wider and wider daily.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prediction And Analysis On The Future Of MMM - Cramjones by Mtncardseller(m): 8:06pm On Dec 16, 2016
Seun don push nonsense for FP again to generate more traffic... If you like push all topics on FP...it will continue for life...enemy of progress

1 Like

Re: Prediction And Analysis On The Future Of MMM - Cramjones by adedehinbo(m): 8:06pm On Dec 16, 2016
tammie24:
One can't deny the fact that MMM has help a lot of people, I'm not a participant of MMM but from what I've seen around it seems to be the answer to the prayers of people especially with the current economic situation in the country. I've observed that most of the people that want mmm gone are people that are well to do that like people to remain below them and never become something in life. When you realise that the person who is always asking you for money stops, you start getting jealous and angry. I hope MMM comes back though but they need to do serious damage control!
as MMM benefited some it ruined some also,those who provided help re crying badly now and those who got help re praising the lord now,some would even pray it doesn't come back,so mind u when u says it help some people remember it ruined some. its a balance of trade
Re: Prediction And Analysis On The Future Of MMM - Cramjones by Maj196(m): 8:06pm On Dec 16, 2016
Now these MMM topics are really starting to piss me off...

1 Like

Re: Prediction And Analysis On The Future Of MMM - Cramjones by Benoxvals(m): 8:08pm On Dec 16, 2016
BETWEEN PONZI SCHEME AND FRACTIONAL RESERVE LENDING POLICY: A CASE FOR MMM AND OTHER MUTUAL AID (PEER-TO-PEER DONATION) SCHEMES.

I would start by saying I am an ardent student in the subject of money and currency (Yes, they aren't the same). From the creeping into America's lexicon of "war is profitable" and the severing of dollar from gold by President Nixon (that set a new standard of fiat currencies for the rest of the world), I read about and crave money devotionally. Since I love the subject of money and currency, I had to do my study into the two subjects above. This became necessary as the words "ponzi scheme" first landed on the Nigerian mainstream terrain, an event that coincided with the arrival of MMM 2011.

We hear a lot of publicity about the danger of MMM, about how it is a "ponzi scheme", they keep saying; and how it is doomed to crash. Funnily, I hear these narratives from people who are hurt first hand by the mere existence of this economic bandage from Russia, and also from people whom this scheme is designed to liberate from and assuage their poor standard of living. So I concluded that the rich and powerful are as rich and powerful because the others are lazy and ignorant. That I'm very sure of.

I digressed.

My simple litmus test to ascertain if any antic against MMM is really a decision based on knowledge and research, or simply a "masses reasoning" that exists for the rich and powerful to exploit: I try to engage people in a debate comparing fractional reserve lending legally practiced by financial institutions and the ponzi scheme of Sergei Mavrodi and other Robin Hoods. 99% of the time, they test very blue: they've never even heard of Fractional Reserve Lending, and they first heard the words "ponzi scheme" from Linda Ikeji Blog or Premium Times.

So what exactly is a ponzi scheme? And does MMM really fit as one? I am asking you!

My attempt: I'll spare you the dictionary definition. You can find that with a quick Google search. An analogy that attempts to describe it (one the authorities and other critics have used to describe MMM), because it is the least "jargonless", is simply ROBBING PETER TO PAY PAUL. But that definition falls flat in the face of mutual consent between Peter and Paul. No one is being robbed. Today Paul takes from the pool Peter also contributed into, tomorrow Peter does. Sounds more like very sophisticated "Osusu". Very sophisticated. Since I'm not an expert, pardon my non comprehensive elaboration. But I think its conciseness fits the context.

So how about Fractional Reserve Lending. It's simply a policy that allows a commercial bank to just keep a fraction of the deposit it claims to hold, and is able to use the other in other ventures that are not fully risk-proof; like give out a loan to individuals or government, invest in capital projects or whatever. In other words, Customer A takes N100k to "Second Bank of Nigeria". He gets some sort of digital receipt in the form of a balance back to his home. The law of Fractional Reserve Lending allows the bank to keep just a percentage of that N100k (usually 10%) and engage the other in trade. So Second Bank of Nigeria can then go ahead to give out N90k as loan to Customer B. So customer A has digital receipts, Customer B has N90k in hand. That is 190k in existence without any interest, without any genius from any banker, without any sweat from any marketer. Just the law.

Let's pull both concepts towards a meeting vanishing point. The concept of Ponzi Schemes and Fractional Reserve Lending allows artificial currency to be created into a system. 30% extra Mavros; N100k final balance in an account. Both of these can be converted to cash. You either GH or you communicate with your bank to pay you.

So, the obvious question arises: how are those extra derivatives we created from the ponzi scheme and fractional reserve lending accommodated? The simple answer is that everyone won't go to the bank the same day. Today it's Peter, tomorrow it's Paul. If Paul and Peter go the same day, MMM or Second Bank of Nigeria crashes. That simple.

So if they are so similar, why is one embraced and the other is considered legally and morally criminal?

Let's go back to the illustration. Customer B deposits his 90k in Second Bank for a while or simply takes it to "Gitib Bank". Gitib Bank replicates the process and are able to keep just N9k and loan out N81k to another customer, C. Already N271k has been generated from just 100k physically circulating. The rest are just numbers in computers. Only one person has N100k, two other people owe the banks N171k. Imagine!

Maybe they all loan at a generous interest rate of 5% pa (which never happens). Do the math on the derivatives these banks can create from mere "keeping" of people's currency. Even without any interest on the ricocheted use of people's deposits, those guys will smile to the bank. Oh! They are already at the bank. My bad.

Secondarily, money supply increases, inflation sets in, the keke guy has to work harder to afford the life he lived earlier with less resources and stress. All while some Agbaje or Adenuga guy smiles at his billions made "legally."

Then came Sergei Mavrodi with his concept of creating this pool of increased currency supply, but designed not to benefit him, but to benefit the masses. Not the big owners. Not the government who feed on taxes and can't do anything to hurt compliers. Then came MMM.

If you didn't know this already and was busy criticising, I hope this will help you understand why the huge PR efforts to discredit MMM and dissuade your involvement in it. And I hope you now know that those guys had what they were fighting for, and you didn't. You were just an egotistic opinionist who didn't even know where the gun barrel was pointing. I hope too you realise how foolish you've been all the while.

In conclusion, MMM is actually your friend that you threw out. The real ponzi scheme is the bank. They won't even give you loan to plant a plot, they don't go any extra length to add value to you. It's all business for them. The government is their accomplice and we all know they are worse. Like Sergei asked, "if you know what is right for people, why is the life so bad in the country?"

If a Senator that does not care about your dilapidated learning infrastructure, where you have to go out from and compete in the same market space with folks from Norway and China, if they don't care about your near zero healthcare, why do you suddenly think that they will care about where your business risks lie? How could you be so foolish? The other day I landed in a chat room with folks that are deeply into cryptocurrency and are in far away Europe, and I began to really feel the impact of NOT having power 20 hours out of 24 in the 33 years I've been alive; of taking GST classes in a hall crammed to varendah, under a lecturer who does not even know me; of having to buy internet bundles at exploitative prices and still having to move from kitchen to varendah in search of signal to connect Google. I felt like an illiterate with no hope.

Yet those guys who are benefiting from this ruin want to advise me how to keep my hard-earned money. I stand with MMM through the trying time. I just PHed 50k. I'll gladly pay that into the system and not expect return if that's the cost of finding its balance again. #IStandWithMavrodi!

THIS GUY WROTE A MAGNIFICENT PIECE AND WAS NEVER ON FP..I still wonder Nairaland is seriously advocating against MMM.

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Prediction And Analysis On The Future Of MMM - Cramjones by candidbabe(f): 8:09pm On Dec 16, 2016
MrEverest:
1.Majority of the old members who have been making money from mmm from 2 months & above, still have faith in mmm & are still PHing. 2. By pausing GH, the admin continues to accumulate PH & the latter is likely to outstrip the former, on or before 14/01/17 which will balance the system. 3. The admin have already extending the period of maturity for GH from 14 days to 30 days which would drastically reduce the pressure of GH. 4. Recession is still biting hard & many Nigerians would rather take risk on mmm with hopes of getting good returns than remaining hopeless in hunger and penury. 5. The massive media & government attack, bad as it may seem on the face value, will even end up helping mmm when they bounce back.
Kudos brother. You nailed it. With this analysis I am hopeful

4 Likes

Re: Prediction And Analysis On The Future Of MMM - Cramjones by Walecoker65(m): 8:09pm On Dec 16, 2016
Buh some people are mad sha, what do you derive from mocking your fellow citizen, since you didn't invest, why don't you keep your dirty mouth and hands shut. Must you crack your rusty brain and write shit here embarassed
MMM dis MMM dat
Your own tears even exceed those that have stake in the MMM. undecided

Baboons angry

7 Likes

Re: Prediction And Analysis On The Future Of MMM - Cramjones by miqos02(m): 8:11pm On Dec 16, 2016
123ABCXYZ:
Nobody is cashing out anywhere as there is no central bank account.
bros, make we use common sense now? u said no central account, but somebody somewhere is doing the matching. do participants match themselves?
Re: Prediction And Analysis On The Future Of MMM - Cramjones by ephi123(f): 8:14pm On Dec 16, 2016
What is the business model? How does MMM actually generate money? No answer.
Re: Prediction And Analysis On The Future Of MMM - Cramjones by desiredmee(m): 8:15pm On Dec 16, 2016
Atiku2019:

grin grin MMM created accounts that just receive without providing help. Thats where their founders and promoters made several Millions of Naira grin

Do you have something to back this or you are speaking out of assumption
Re: Prediction And Analysis On The Future Of MMM - Cramjones by mctowel01: 8:17pm On Dec 16, 2016
MrKang:

Oh my Lawd, people like you are so irritating.
I can't just believe people like you can be so optimistically DUMB. Chai sad

Well sha,y'all are still in the denial stage and very soon when Reality don slap una, una eye go clear
And if yes he chooses to deny, Is it your business? Ooh, you want to say, you won't like people to cry, Since when did you get all concerned in where someone willfully put his/her money.
Most disgusting thing about people like you is that if one met you for money, you won't give....If they asked you for money for school fees/house rent, will you pay it. So, what justification dk you have in condemning where one decides to risk in.Rather than suffer, one chooses to take risks, you re coming to laugh at your perceived misfortune. Doesn't it tell a lot about your personality? Wishing bad for others... You are just a good for nothing.

1 Like

Re: Prediction And Analysis On The Future Of MMM - Cramjones by ramalot(m): 8:18pm On Dec 16, 2016
tammie24:

You can't do damage control to something that is inherently damaged.

You can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a damn swine.

1 Like

Re: Prediction And Analysis On The Future Of MMM - Cramjones by talktonase(m): 8:20pm On Dec 16, 2016
tammie24:
I just checked my mavro,my money dey grow Tues and thursdays ...haters and anti mmmites should go and boil beans...

5 Likes

Re: Prediction And Analysis On The Future Of MMM - Cramjones by emmanuel1880(m): 8:20pm On Dec 16, 2016
why pple that dont have money in mmm so feel concern, forget ur advice let pple be

1 Like

Re: Prediction And Analysis On The Future Of MMM - Cramjones by ceemere: 8:20pm On Dec 16, 2016
[/b]
tammie24:
u have said it all[b]

1 Like

Re: Prediction And Analysis On The Future Of MMM - Cramjones by fatadis: 8:20pm On Dec 16, 2016
I wonder how people comment on what they have little or no knowledge about. Are we this lazy that we cannot do research on issue again.

Pause mode is not new on MMM all over the world, it is part of the program, there are ways and rules on how to catch out on old mavros once pause is lifted

The system is not a Nigerian thing alone, MMM is worldwide.

Cramjones please stop misleading people, go and study MMM ideology and understand how the system works.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

MMM Appears Determined To Defraud More Nigerians, Announces Another Comeback / The Secret Of MMM's Comeback / Approved List Of Nigerian Stock Brokers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.