Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,811 members, 7,862,686 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 11:30 PM

Is It Possible To Upgrade Latop Graphic Card - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Is It Possible To Upgrade Latop Graphic Card (605 Views)

Latop Sales Abuja Only / Can I Use My Mtn Bis To Browse On My Laptop? Is It Possible Folks? / Graphic Card Issues On Sony Vaio AR630E 17" Laptop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Possible To Upgrade Latop Graphic Card by dasa: 10:31pm On Nov 14, 2009
hello guys,

i need help please.
i am trying to run video editing software and it says my graphic card on my laptop is not surpported.

is it possible to replace the existing one with a better card like it is for desktops? dont want to get another laptop so i hope its possible.

anybody?
Re: Is It Possible To Upgrade Latop Graphic Card by deji2009(m): 10:54pm On Nov 14, 2009
dasa:

hello guys,

i need help please.
i am trying to run video editing software and it says my graphic card on my laptop is not surpported.

is it possible to replace the existing one with a better card like it is for desktops? dont want to get another laptop so i hope its possible.

anybody? 

A good question a technician would often ask is, what make is your laptop ? XP or Vista ? What software are you running ?

Are you running one or more video software ? do you get this message on a particular video software ? or does it happen

to all regardless of what you try to run. Good luck and thanks for enquiring.
Re: Is It Possible To Upgrade Latop Graphic Card by deji2009(m): 11:05pm On Nov 14, 2009
deji2009:

A good question a technician would often ask is, what make is your laptop ? XP or Vista ? What software are you running ?

Are you running one or more video software ? do you get this message on a particular video software ? or does it happen

to all regardless of what you try to run. Good luck and thanks for enquiring.

for your perusal please visit http://www.pcworld.com/article/148909/upgrading_your_laptops_graphics_card.html
Re: Is It Possible To Upgrade Latop Graphic Card by moonraker(m): 1:16am On Nov 15, 2009
no. execpt for alienwares and some dells
Re: Is It Possible To Upgrade Latop Graphic Card by Nobody: 4:11am On Nov 15, 2009
^^^^

more like for the more recent high end laptops

@ op post your laptop details - i seriously doubt its upgradeable though, - isuspect its not even a video card but good ol' intel gma
Re: Is It Possible To Upgrade Latop Graphic Card by PCbusayo(f): 10:05pm On Nov 15, 2009
dasa:

hello guys,

i need help please.

anybody? 

If is integrated then I doubts it, what i mean by that is if is built onto the motherboard (MOBO) if not then is upgradeable
Re: Is It Possible To Upgrade Latop Graphic Card by malone5923(m): 9:11am On Nov 16, 2009
The answer is no for most laptops while back in the days there used to be laptops that you can slide the vga. Though some recent laptops can upgrade their vga but in the end you are always limited. That is why I dislike laptops you pay so much money for just portability and nothing else.
Re: Is It Possible To Upgrade Latop Graphic Card by malone5923(m): 9:12am On Nov 16, 2009
The answer is no for most laptops while back in the days there used to be laptops that you can slide the vga. Though some recent laptops can upgrade their vga but in the end you are always limited. That is why I dislike laptops you pay so much money for just portability and nothing else.

(1) (Reply)

Atm Scams Alert! / Online Chatting Sites / I Need Omaek Driver

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.