Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,134 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:49 AM

Religion: An Illusion That Works Well - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religion: An Illusion That Works Well (23904 Views)

Free Will Is An Illusion / Back To The Illusion: How Can We Know Our Reality Is An Illusion? / Donald Trump Vs Islam Is An ILLUSION Like Superman Vs Muhammad Ali. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Religion: An Illusion That Works Well by dalaman: 8:58am On Dec 16, 2016
felixomor:

Your 2 contradictions exposed earlier says it.

When u personally find something that doesn't exist universally.

My brother u r deluded.
cool

What is man saying? grin grin

I said life has no universal meaning to all humans. That is a fact. You can NOT dispute it because you know it is a fact. Life has meaning to individuals but it is not universally accepted. That is a statement of fact and not contradictory in any way.

Pls what do you mean by when I personally do not find something that exist universally in the universe I am deluded?

5 Likes

Re: Religion: An Illusion That Works Well by felixomor: 8:59am On Dec 16, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

you no get point

he's already told you life itself has NO meaning

we give it the meaning we desire

now keep shut and answer his own question, or if there's another question of yours I missed, kindly point it out

So life has no universal meaning ?
We ascribe different meanings.
Yeah right grin

Yet u spend 24 hours on section for people who gave meaning to their life through religion.

Cant u see the big moronic hypocrite in u?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Religion: An Illusion That Works Well by hopefulLandlord: 9:00am On Dec 16, 2016
dalaman:

I said life has no universal meaning to all humans. That is a fact. You can NOT dispute it because you know it is a fact. Life has meaning to individuals but it is not universally accepted. That is a statement of fact and not contradictory in any way.

Pls what do you mean by when I personally do not find something that exist universally in the universe I am deluded?

They’re always very upset at atheists not admitting their lives are meaningless.

I’ve conversed with a Christian fellow who says without God we’re just “molecules in motion.” He’s a nice guy, but pretty oblivious to how insulting or just ridiculous the strawmen he constructs are.

It seems like a lot of self-projection from their own view. After all, if a person doesn’t find their life meaningless, they’re less likely to be interested in the “good news”. Now that’s ultimate meaning-sucking up to your creator forever! An eternal sign-along with God, as Isaac Asimov put it. Or the heavenly North Korea singing praises of Dear Leader forever, as Hitchens opined.

3 Likes

Re: Religion: An Illusion That Works Well by damogul: 9:00am On Dec 16, 2016
dalaman:

I acknowledged in my post earlier that some people are nihilist. Atheism has nothing to do with nihilism. I am an atheist and I am not a nihilist. Only one atheist here subscribe to that philosophy. You on the other hand are shamelessly ting to insinuate that atheist are al nililist until I called you out on that.

You are being disingenuous! You admitted to some being nihilistic and one being right here on NL. What is the comparative statistical assessment of this based on the small number of atheists on NL?

Did I say all atheists are nihilistic ? We are talking statistics.

Will u say his reality is a false one?
Re: Religion: An Illusion That Works Well by 4kings: 9:00am On Dec 16, 2016
felixomor:

Which sense of humanity does atheism have?

When even some atheists here on NL believe life is meaningless?
When they believe morality is subjective?

Have u not read such posts before?

Abeg save us a call the humanity talk.
This is why I like kilo4sure.

Please read and absorb dalaman's posts carefully.
Don't have a fixed mindset on false information.
Just advising.
Re: Religion: An Illusion That Works Well by DoctorAlien(m): 9:01am On Dec 16, 2016
This not so much about the meaning of life: this is about the fact that atheism ====> nihilism.

A true atheist is a nihilist because there is absolutely no reason not to be one.

1 Like

Re: Religion: An Illusion That Works Well by felixomor: 9:01am On Dec 16, 2016
dalaman:

Life has no "meaning"
Yet u found meaning in urs abi?

So ur "concept of meaning" is your delusion.

Safe journey. grin

1 Like

Re: Religion: An Illusion That Works Well by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:02am On Dec 16, 2016
DoctorAlien:
This not so much about the meaning of life: this is about the fact that atheism ====> nihilism.

A true atheist is a nihilist because there is absolutely no reason not to be one.

You nailed it bro .

A true atheist is a nihilist

1 Like

Re: Religion: An Illusion That Works Well by hopefulLandlord: 9:02am On Dec 16, 2016
felixomor:

So life has no universal meaning ?
We ascribe different meanings.
Yeah right grin

Yet u spend 24 hours on section for people who gave meaning to their life through religion.

Cant u see the big moronic hypocrite in u?

lol

this is the place you wanna twist it to?

answer Dalaman's question, he's answered yours and even explained further after you dishonestly kept shouting that he hasn't answered

what is the universal meaning of life?

stop dodging and throwing red herrings cool

2 Likes

Re: Religion: An Illusion That Works Well by hopefulLandlord: 9:03am On Dec 16, 2016
DoctorAlien:

keep telling yourself that
Re: Religion: An Illusion That Works Well by felixomor: 9:03am On Dec 16, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

lol

this is the place you wanna twist it to?

answer Dalaman's question, he's answered yours and even explained further after you dishonestly kept shouting that he hasn't answered

what is the universal meaning of life?

stop dodging and throwing red herrings cool

Cant u see u r now the one without point?
Re: Religion: An Illusion That Works Well by hopefulLandlord: 9:05am On Dec 16, 2016
4kings:
This is why I like kilo4sure.
Please read and absorb dalaman's posts carefully. Don't have a fixed mindset on false information. Just advising.
don't mind him, he keeps asking the same answered question over and over again
Kingebukasblog wannabes who lack his ability to twist with stealth

4 Likes

Re: Religion: An Illusion That Works Well by hopefulLandlord: 9:06am On Dec 16, 2016
felixomor:

Cant u see u r now the one without point?
without what point
answer "What's the universal meaning of life?"
Re: Religion: An Illusion That Works Well by akintom(m): 9:06am On Dec 16, 2016
The community of human beings, that lives within the realm of realism and rationalism, and particularly in 21st century, agrees that essentially and by implications, religious beliefs are anachronistic, in the very light of today's advancement in science and technology.

Away from the the malicious lies of Christian religion, that brands atheism as occultic group. Atheistic belief system is suitably compatible with humanity existentially.

Essentially too, atheistic views and position, on what is life and it's purpose, helps humanity to assume responsibility for the bringing forth, the best of their creative mind. This atheism enabled mindsets/worldviews, are the forces behind innovations and advancements seen in the world today.

The beauty of atheism is that it's not philosophically, metaphysically or theologically based. It doesn't subscribe to dogmatic or bigotic stance on belief system.

Atheism - a mere belief system, that rejects believe in god. But rather embrace the idea that the source of knowledge is by observation and not revelation.

Atheism takes into cognizance, that since knowledge based on observation is guided by rules and measures, people will emerge with variants (agnostic-atheism, gnostic-atheism, new-atheism etc ) of beliefs system of atheism.

This varied components of atheism, is compatible with the principles that governs knowledge acquisition, that's founded strictly on observation.

As against religious beliefs (founded on revelatory knowledge base), that's concluded, complete and not subject to criticism. Atheism is of the fabric of knowledge that's evolving via the instruments of criticism.

1 Like

Re: Religion: An Illusion That Works Well by felixomor: 9:06am On Dec 16, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

without what point

answer "What's the universal meaning of life?"

Quiet.
Answer the question.
Re: Religion: An Illusion That Works Well by hopefulLandlord: 9:08am On Dec 16, 2016
felixomor:

Quiet.
Answer the question.

what question? the one that's been over flogged with answers already that you're blinding yourself to?
Re: Religion: An Illusion That Works Well by felixomor: 9:09am On Dec 16, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

what question? the one that's been over flogged with answers already that you're blinding yourself to?

The question is u live in a delusion?
Yes or No?
Re: Religion: An Illusion That Works Well by hopefulLandlord: 9:10am On Dec 16, 2016
felixomor:

The question is u live in a delusion? Yes or No?
No!
Re: Religion: An Illusion That Works Well by felixomor: 9:11am On Dec 16, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

No!

Then u dont know what delusion is.

Sorry boy
Re: Religion: An Illusion That Works Well by hopefulLandlord: 9:12am On Dec 16, 2016
felixomor:

Then u dont know what delusion is.
Sorry boy
I hear you
Re: Religion: An Illusion That Works Well by felixomor: 9:13am On Dec 16, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

I hear you

Good cool
So dont make noise, next time
Re: Religion: An Illusion That Works Well by hopefulLandlord: 9:15am On Dec 16, 2016
felixomor:

Good cool
So dont make noise, next time

you don't even know what "I hear you" mean

its now clear why you couldn't understand Dalaman's explanations, its because you lack what it takes to understand

2 Likes

Re: Religion: An Illusion That Works Well by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:16am On Dec 16, 2016
dalaman:

Will you stop this shameless lie. You read a little thing take it out of context and give it a life of it's own. Atheism has been with man since the inception of time. Diagoras was the first person in classical Greece and Rome to openly come out and blaspheme by making public the Eleusinian Mysteries and discouraging people from being initiated. During their time going against the Gods was a capital punishment. From wikipedia it says. "Historically, any person who did not believe in any deity supported by the state was fair game to accusations of atheism, a capital crime". Socrates that lived before Diagoras was accused of being atheos ("refusing to acknowledge the gods recognized by the state"wink. He was formally accused of not believing in the Gods by Meletus. Enough of your lies . There have been atheist even during the Vedic period(iron age) in India.

From wikipedia it says :
" Ideas that would be recognized today as atheistic are documented from the Vedic period and the classical antiquity".

Enough of your lies that atheism was invented by Diagoras. Socrates before him was accused of atheism for refusing to recognized the Gods sanctioned by the state at that time. Enough of your lies. Before them people were already inventing religions without deities in Asia. Buddha was considered to be an atheist himself and created a religion that had nothing to do with the Gods.

Buddha never said he was an atheist . He was simply indifferent about gods . Atheism requires an explicit conscious rejection of gods and that is why Diagoras of Melos according to history is the first atheist .

Socrates was a deist . He condemned the gods worshiped by the larger society. Socrates subscribed to Telelogy and believed that god arranges everything for the best. Religious skepticism is inherent in deism . The same way Xenophanes is regarded as a deist - he criticized anthropomorphism of gods . Every deist ever known to history has been skeptical about the worship of gods .

1 Like

Re: Religion: An Illusion That Works Well by damogul: 9:17am On Dec 16, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Even on the thread by the atheist nihilistic grizlybear he called other atheists stupid for thinking life had any meaning. NOW THAT IS A TRUE ATHEIST. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Religion: An Illusion That Works Well by felixomor: 9:17am On Dec 16, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

you don't even know what "I hear you" mean

its now clear why you couldn't understand Dalaman's explanations, its because you lack what it takes to understand

*Yinmu*
undecided
Re: Religion: An Illusion That Works Well by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:18am On Dec 16, 2016
akintom:
[s]
Atheism takes into cognizance, that since knowledge based on observation is guided by rules and measures, people will emerge with variants (agnostic-atheism, gnostic-atheism, new-atheism etc ) of beliefs system of atheism.

This varied components of atheism, is compatible with the principles that governs knowledge inquisition, that's founded strictly on observation.

As against religious beliefs (founded on revelatory knowledge base), that's concluded, complete and not subject to criticism. Atheism is of the fabric of knowledge that's evolving via the instruments of criticism.[/s]

Atheism has nothing to do with criticism . How many times will you be told that religious skepticism has nothing to do with atheism and agnosticism .

2 Likes

Re: Religion: An Illusion That Works Well by damogul: 9:19am On Dec 16, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Atheism has nothing to do with criticism . How many times will you be told that religious skepticism has nothing to do with atheism and agnosticism .

Akingbade Thomas is simply confused which is why i hardly respond to him
Re: Religion: An Illusion That Works Well by hopefulLandlord: 9:19am On Dec 16, 2016
felixomor:

*Yinmu*
undecided

hopefully, you'll brush up your knowledge a bit so that you can understand us better in the future, I know it isn't gonna be easy for you but give it a shot

1 Like

Re: Religion: An Illusion That Works Well by felixomor: 9:19am On Dec 16, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

1 million times
Re: Religion: An Illusion That Works Well by akintom(m): 9:20am On Dec 16, 2016
To the Christians, life has no meaning!

Against the lies been spun around by some theists on NL, to the effect that atheism promotes meaninglessness of life. But to the contrary, it's the religious folks that propagate purposelessness of life.
The two major Abrahamic religions is built on the idea of fatalism. Since their god has predetermined everything about life, all humans is therefore nothing but robot, to be controlled by the buttons of predestination remote.
Matthew 6:31 Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?
Jesus himself taught them not to plan, since their skydaddy had their life all planned. One predictor of a group of folks who believe life is meaningless, is their aversion to planning.
These are the features of meaningless life idea:
*nothing matters except skydaddy
*giving tithes and offerings, in the belief that they are building imaginary treasure in sky
* refusing to have blood transfusion, even when death is minutes away.
* committing suicide, in the hope to live in imaginary bliss, be given seven virgins etc
*refusing to seek medical treatment, but praying and fasting to cure diseases
*not considering other humans as anything, except they subscribe to the idea of skydaddy.
* no good act is commendable, except as dictated by their skydaddy
* heaven is home, therefore there's no need to be committed to worthwhile cause on earth.
* the whole human endeavors will be consumed with fire, when nazarene returns, so no need to invest on earth.
To the religious mind, life has no meaning, except the god idea meaning.
What a pitiable and pathetic mentality.

1 Like

Re: Religion: An Illusion That Works Well by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:20am On Dec 16, 2016
damogul:

Akingbade Thomas is simply confused which is why i hardly respond to him

The guy spews the same garbage on his Facebook posts . grin

So much hate and rancor against God .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Religion: An Illusion That Works Well by DoctorAlien(m): 9:21am On Dec 16, 2016
damogul:

Even on the thread by the atheist nihilistic grizlybear he called other atheists stupid for thinking life had any meaning. NOW THAT IS A TRUE ATHEIST. grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin

Of course. How can life have any meaning without the One who created it?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Herbert Wigwe: Did His Pastor Mourn Long Enough? By Fola Ojo / Russian Orthodox Church In Amsterdam Announces Split With Moscow Due To Ukraine. / Funmi Aragbaye's Courtesy Visit To Obasanjo (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.