Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,909 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:56 PM

Deeper Life Completes Its Headquarters Church Which Is The World's 4th Largest.. - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Deeper Life Completes Its Headquarters Church Which Is The World's 4th Largest.. (133408 Views)

Deeper Life Headquarters Church Building Lagos, Set To Be Commissioned (Pictures / PHOTOS: Deeper Life Completes Its Headquarters Church Which Is The World’s 4th L / Deeper Life Completes Its Headquarters Church,the World’s 4th Largest Auditorium (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Deeper Life Completes Its Headquarters Church Which Is The World's 4th Largest.. by browniex: 10:09pm On Dec 17, 2016
The level of misery and hopelessness in the country has given a big boom to church business, a large percentage of people that go to church do not go there to worship God, they go there for their selfish reasons, and the pastors are very well aware of that, that is why they will always tell them what they want to hear,not what the Bible says,they sweet talk them into emptying their pockets and signing fat cheques.a country where the industries are going bankrupt and the church buying up thier properties is in real deep shit.it is a pity that lots of Nigerians are so blinded by religion.
Re: Deeper Life Completes Its Headquarters Church Which Is The World's 4th Largest.. by samijay8(m): 10:10pm On Dec 17, 2016
These Yahoo boys in suit sha. Abeg how many poverty eradication org Sir oyedepo, baba g.o and co get self
Re: Deeper Life Completes Its Headquarters Church Which Is The World's 4th Largest.. by GoldHorse(m): 10:15pm On Dec 17, 2016
I think we can all relax...... Jesus ont be coming soon ...... grin grin grin grin
Re: Deeper Life Completes Its Headquarters Church Which Is The World's 4th Largest.. by kenoz(m): 10:22pm On Dec 17, 2016
okay
Re: Deeper Life Completes Its Headquarters Church Which Is The World's 4th Largest.. by guiddoti: 10:25pm On Dec 17, 2016
Silkmoth33:
U are happy about this?
U r despicable. undecided
Are you expecting him to be crying? Ridiculous
Re: Deeper Life Completes Its Headquarters Church Which Is The World's 4th Largest.. by kenoz(m): 10:26pm On Dec 17, 2016
okay.
Re: Deeper Life Completes Its Headquarters Church Which Is The World's 4th Largest.. by moshould(m): 10:28pm On Dec 17, 2016
Na as u tak dem juz take d light sef, light dey....na u knw d light wey u mean....i'm not a reigious person...I love God and every human being, regardless of who u are and where u're from..do unto others as u want them to do to you.#clearconcience
Re: Deeper Life Completes Its Headquarters Church Which Is The World's 4th Largest.. by TheMascot(m): 10:50pm On Dec 17, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

Where did I hear this kind of talk before? undecided

Why was not this ointment sold for three hundred pence, and given to the poor? - Judas

What was Jesus' response to Judas' fake concern? undecided

okay I was gonna pass v but I saw this, pls the church is built with relation to the living condition of the people, when the children of Israel lived in tents , the temple was classic but also made of tents, but we have a church of 5 billion but Nigerians can't boast of 500 naira, am not against building a worthy place of worship for the Lord but the major problem we face isn't the absence of churches but the hunger that Is forcing people into sin, even Jesus new better when he fed the crowd, we place too much emphasis on buildings here but treat the members as nothing
Re: Deeper Life Completes Its Headquarters Church Which Is The World's 4th Largest.. by akaahs(m): 10:52pm On Dec 17, 2016
[quote author=eddyline post=51991190]Nigeria and its mega church buildings. while its good to have mega church auditoria, emphasis should rather be on spiritual upliftment of members. also, churches should rather focus more on trying to improve on the welfare of members rather than trying to outdo each other in terms of who has the biggest building[/quote
u are there bros, the early Christians pull their resources together to carter for the need of each other but today's Chrisians are something else. Instead of using this money to help their less privilege members to establishe a good business that 'll inturn help others and the country.
Re: Deeper Life Completes Its Headquarters Church Which Is The World's 4th Largest.. by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:05pm On Dec 17, 2016
TheMascot:

okay I was gonna pass v but I saw this, pls the church is built with relation to the living condition of the people, when the children of Israel lived in tents , the temple was classic but also made of tents, but we have a church of 5 billion but Nigerians can't boast of 500 naira, am not against building a worthy place of worship for the Lord but the major problem we face isn't the absence of churches but the hunger that Is forcing people into sin, even Jesus new better when he fed the crowd, we place too much emphasis on buildings here but treat the members as nothing

Was Solomon's temple also made of tents? Do you know how much in today's money Solomon's temple would cost? The church provides free food and accommodation for the 3 day event publicised in the retreat jingle below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Zplo5B_cWo
Re: Deeper Life Completes Its Headquarters Church Which Is The World's 4th Largest.. by oyetpel(m): 11:27pm On Dec 17, 2016
seggzz:

bro, did you know brother Aborishade, General children coordinator for Old Festac Group District? I think he is now been replaced because of his stroke since 2011. That man really worked for the lord in deeper life and served with all his heart but was abandon to his fate... This is just height of wickedness to their own faithful...

I grow up in deeper life. From children church to adult church... Don't just think it is hearsay, it's what I know about. I was the former youth head of ajangandi District when deeper life uses Ayobo the present location for Anchor University as their camp ground for their retreats meetings.

Deeper life has really changed just like APC... They now watched TV and do other things they don't do before.

Jesus only is our message-the most popular retreat hymn. Deeperlife are full with a lot of pretenders.
Nice comment Mr Man.
Re: Deeper Life Completes Its Headquarters Church Which Is The World's 4th Largest.. by Doublejoy411(m): 11:28pm On Dec 17, 2016
E be like say e don turn competition
Re: Deeper Life Completes Its Headquarters Church Which Is The World's 4th Largest.. by Elxandre(m): 11:30pm On Dec 17, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

They will only see what the want to see. The point you raised about atheists not setting up charities is yet to be debunked though. cool
People arguing with an ignorant man who hasn't heard of Bill & Melinda gates foundation are only wasting their time.

1 Like

Re: Deeper Life Completes Its Headquarters Church Which Is The World's 4th Largest.. by Evarock(f): 11:32pm On Dec 17, 2016
Naira landers shld have written d book of judges always critisizing the church ya all will surely be judged

1 Like

Re: Deeper Life Completes Its Headquarters Church Which Is The World's 4th Largest.. by Elxandre(m): 11:40pm On Dec 17, 2016
seggzz:
There is more that is more powerful than faith...
What is?
I'm curious.
Re: Deeper Life Completes Its Headquarters Church Which Is The World's 4th Largest.. by Deban: 11:44pm On Dec 17, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

Go read the context in John 12:5-8 and see how you sounded just like Judas Iscariot who was showing 'concern' for the poor just as you did. cool
I grew up in this ministry. My mum and her mates started this ministry in Port Harcourt with Rev. Stephen Akiola at the Red Cross, by Station Bus Stop in PH. I still believe in its core message, holiness and repentance from sin. But, the ministry seems to be doing the exact thing they preached against in the past. I remember when TV was called the Devil's box which prompted my Dad to have his own living room with TV and fancy sculptures which my mum claimed were idols. And my mum will come into my Dad's living room to watch Pastor kumuyi on TV in the 80s, only to be reminded by my Dad that she is seeing watching the Devil's box.
I don't know if the Deeper Life I grew up in would actually believe in spending this much to build this gigantic project. I will take my mum up on a debate on this to see what she will say.
I hope the focus in Deeper Life is still for members to make heaven and not this gigantic building and I hope they have not joined the prosperity preaching.

1 Like

Re: Deeper Life Completes Its Headquarters Church Which Is The World's 4th Largest.. by DangotePikin: 11:50pm On Dec 17, 2016
samijay8:
These Yahoo boys in suit sha. Abeg how many poverty eradication org Sir oyedepo, baba g.o and co get self
Don't abuse Christianity because you don't agree with a man of God. This post isn't about Oyedepo. At least, we can agree that Kumuyi has been quite modest in mqny things. Follow God, make your Bible your guide, enough of the name calling towards Oyedepo.
Re: Deeper Life Completes Its Headquarters Church Which Is The World's 4th Largest.. by Elxandre(m): 11:52pm On Dec 17, 2016
Evarock:
Naira landers shld have written d book of judges always critisizing the church ya all will surely be judged
Keep quiet please.
People are speaking the truth you're talking about judgement.

Imagine if N5 billion is used to subsidize the school fees in their university, what that would mean in this recession.

The believers brought their items together for distribution among the poor members in Acts of Apostles.
What do we have now?

If the church was more involved in charitable works, they won't even have to evangelize much before people troop to churches.
Re: Deeper Life Completes Its Headquarters Church Which Is The World's 4th Largest.. by Kingjoe7: 11:58pm On Dec 17, 2016
Hanaway:

Are you saying roads, schools and hospitals are used by only poor people??

I have read the text but it does not make any sense with respect to the discourse.
Y not ask ur govt to build hospitals, roads, etc.if they don't build cathedral were will they worship?under d son.
Complain to govt fr infrastructure not pastors cause u did not elect pastors
Re: Deeper Life Completes Its Headquarters Church Which Is The World's 4th Largest.. by ThinkSmarter: 12:03am On Dec 18, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

What baffles me is that many so called christian would discourage believers from giving in their churches and when they give generously to build they still complain. What do you guys actually do for the people you are so much concerned about?
Call to discipleship z supposed to be driven by a self will to serve and win souls for Christ, not as a career as it hv turned out to be.
I am not against willful donation to raise a church building or do any other evangelism work, that one z quite okay but using God's name to extort money from gullible followers and venture into biz like school which more than 90% of the church members can't afford to enroll their wards z a scam.
Missionaries when they came to Africa were known for raising schools and hospitals, that z affordable to the common man, as rendering such services re part of evangelism, the church ran many motherless babies homes. The Catholics, Anglicans, Presbyterian, Methodist etc churches made much impact in times of building schools and hospitals
Take a look at Jehovah's witnesses for instance, I am not a member but I guess d way the church z ran z deserved of any church, no career pastor, no tithing, no extortion, just free~will donations.
Tithe z an Old Testament law that commands d 11 tribes of Israel to give out 1/10 of their produce to the tribe of Levi that had no share of d land in the promised land, as they re reserved to work in God's vineyard.
Re: Deeper Life Completes Its Headquarters Church Which Is The World's 4th Largest.. by Deban: 12:04am On Dec 18, 2016
Anas09:

AyeHateGod, are atheists not members of this world communties too? What have you people done to change things aside talk?

I have never heard of one single Orphange ran by an atheist, no charity organisation own by Atheist. What are the atheists doing? Apart from Talk and making empyt mouth, what is your contibution?
70% of Dutch people ate atheist. They believe in science. They give much more than any person I know. Reason why they have a rich society and high standard of living. My family live there. My son is 15 and says he does not eleven in God when I try to preach the concept of God to him. When he was 7 or 8, after taking to church (RCGG in Amsterdam), he would ask me if God exist, why do little kids suffer in Africa and why are kids dying in war zones around the world. Why can't God safe those kids. No logical answer to give than me talking faith. And, they make their decision from what they know. Religion is the opion of the poor.

My upbringing in Deeper Life through my mum anyway has kept me believing in God and holiness. But big building worth billions and a poor country where majority live on less than a dollar a day (absolute poverty)? No. It does not portray Godliness and holiness but vanity as preached by my mum (a core Deeper Lifer)

1 Like

Re: Deeper Life Completes Its Headquarters Church Which Is The World's 4th Largest.. by move1043: 12:15am On Dec 18, 2016
Nigeria manufacturing industry..and hotel business ...the reason for our country backwardness, lack of jobs for our youth.... may God help naija.
Re: Deeper Life Completes Its Headquarters Church Which Is The World's 4th Largest.. by UyiIredi(m): 1:44am On Dec 18, 2016
engineerboat:

What are you saying

Deeper Life's Bible Church is supposedly the 4th largest globally except I read wrong, even then Winners chapel was the world's largest at a tome a fact recorded in Guiness world record
Tell me which Nigerian university or hospital ranks amongst the world's largest.
Re: Deeper Life Completes Its Headquarters Church Which Is The World's 4th Largest.. by UyiIredi(m): 1:47am On Dec 18, 2016
Deban:
70% of Dutch people ate atheist. They believe in science. They give much more than any person I know. Reason why they have a rich society and high standard of living. My family live there. My son is 15 and says he does not eleven in God when I try to preach the concept of God to him. When he was 7 or 8, after taking to church (RCGG in Amsterdam), he would ask me if God exist, why do little kids suffer in Africa and why are kids dying in war zones around the world. Why can't God safe those kids. No logical answer to give than me talking faith. And, they make their decision from what they know. Religion is the opion of the poor.

My upbringing in Deeper Life through my mum anyway has kept me believing in God and holiness. But big building worth billions and a poor country where majority live on less than a dollar a day (absolute poverty)? No. It does not portray Godliness and holiness but vanity as preached by my mum (a core Deeper Lifer)

No. Atheism has absolutely nothing to do with the Dutch's rich society. That is because of good governance.
Re: Deeper Life Completes Its Headquarters Church Which Is The World's 4th Largest.. by UyiIredi(m): 1:55am On Dec 18, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

The onus is not on the Government to provide the largest university or hospital, the church is doing its level best in contributing towards education, health and the morality of the populace before the government took over. I think you should direct your question to those who you elected into power.

Yes the church contributes to education and health but doubtless it is minute compared to the amount spent on religious activities. The sad thing is that churches and mosques have relatively little effect on people's morals. Rape, fraud, theft, lies, adultery, murder etc are even committed by clerics talkless of the congregation. If the church was doing it's job efficiently then those in power would be upstanding too bad such are too few go be of great effect despite the religiosity of Nigerians.
Re: Deeper Life Completes Its Headquarters Church Which Is The World's 4th Largest.. by seyi360(m): 1:57am On Dec 18, 2016
One of the few churches that has stood the test of time and transcended systems and cultures by remaining relevant in the big picture and scheme of things. Pastor Kumuyi will never be forgotten by history, his name will continue to ring bell till eternity.
Re: Deeper Life Completes Its Headquarters Church Which Is The World's 4th Largest.. by jsplive: 2:23am On Dec 18, 2016
Hanaway:
I wonder why people are spending large amounts of money on erecting church structures that wouldn't be of any help to the society and people around. These churches take from the people without giving back, even going ahead to beat the tax collector at his own game, and in turn, cause noise pollution, offer false hope and breed hatred among citizens.

Wouldn't it be wise if these funds are instead utilised in building hospitals, schools, constructing good roads e.t.c whose benefits are visible to all? Sigh.

Mr. Wisest, have you ever been told or informed that, most of these your so called billionaires, millionaires and thousandnaires, came to these churches and clergies with empty pockets while others came with serious crises of different kinds, that critics and haters of the Most High God like you, were not able to solve, but was only settled and taken care of, by God's divine grace through these same churches and clergies. A society without these religious structures will not only be lawless, unsettled and uncaring but also a complete disaster. Although, I'm already aware that billions of internet demons operating as humans are constantly on alert waiting to divert or destroy Godly topics and issues on arrival.

2 Likes

Re: Deeper Life Completes Its Headquarters Church Which Is The World's 4th Largest.. by dermmy(m): 5:35am On Dec 18, 2016
eddyline:
Nigeria and its mega church buildings. while its good to have mega church auditoria, emphasis should rather be on spiritual upliftment of members. also, churches should rather focus more on trying to improve on the welfare of members rather than trying to outdo each other in terms of who has the biggest building

GOD bless you.
Re: Deeper Life Completes Its Headquarters Church Which Is The World's 4th Largest.. by orisa37: 6:05am On Dec 18, 2016
To Johnnydon22: We had Shrines and Synagogues before Churches and Cathedrals before Mosques and Super Mosques. And now we have Auditoria. This is Forex, Money well spent for Tourism and Pilgrimage, "A Good Nature of God". "Blessed are the Poor in Spirit for they shall see God", the moment they step into these type of Deeper Life and Living Faith Auditoria. And both PMB & GEJ, Military & Philosophy would support this kind of Development anytime any day. Cheers!
Re: Deeper Life Completes Its Headquarters Church Which Is The World's 4th Largest.. by orisa37: 6:15am On Dec 18, 2016
God The Greatest! May Riches, Wealth, Power, Might, Honour, Glory, Majesty and Worship be Yours for ever and ever AMEN!!!!
Re: Deeper Life Completes Its Headquarters Church Which Is The World's 4th Largest.. by bionixs: 6:30am On Dec 18, 2016
eshietIntrepid:
The manner in which church build gigantic building this days make me doubt the pastors still believe in going to heaven.

Pls tell me is the earth our final destination, has God cancel heaven as final resting place for all believers.
your ancestors snubbed and abused people by say that they were AS POOR AS CHURCH and now this is what you are saying. What do people reaally want the church to be ?! Why are people this difficult?
Re: Deeper Life Completes Its Headquarters Church Which Is The World's 4th Largest.. by Nobody: 6:54am On Dec 18, 2016

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (30) (Reply)

Symbolism,Satanism,Illuminati,and Mind Control in Music / Do You Know That 'dab' Dance Move Is Anti-christ Demonic? Here's Why! / God Cartoons — Shine The Light ⬇️

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.