Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,801 members, 7,817,316 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:03 AM

What Does The Bible Say About Adultery? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Does The Bible Say About Adultery? (2044 Views)

What Does The Bible Say About An Unhappy Marriage? / "Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse?"- Christian Perspective / 7 Nigerian Pastors That Were Accused Of Adultery – No. 3 & 6 Cases Shook Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does The Bible Say About Adultery? by Wisdomcephas(m): 9:06pm On Dec 16, 2016
www.wordeverlasting.com
What is Adultery? Adultery is an act of sexual relations with someone other than one's wife or husband. For us Christians, it's a sin of a married man having sexual intercourse with anyone other than his wife or a married woman having sexual intercourse with anyone other than her husband.

Bible References

Exodus 20:14
Thou shalt not commit adultery.

Hebrews 13:4

Marriage is honourable in all, and the bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge.

Matthew 15:19-20

For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:

These are the things which defile a man: but to eat with unwashen hands defileth not a man.

Proverbs 6:32

But whoso committeth adultery with a woman lacketh understanding: he that doeth it destroyeth his own soul.

Luke 18:18-20

And a certain ruler asked him, saying, Good Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?

And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? none is good, save one, that is, God.

Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Honour thy father and thy mother.

Matthew 5:27-28

Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery:

But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

1 Corinthians 7:2-5

Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband.

Let the husband render unto the wife due benevolence: and likewise also the wife unto the husband.

The wife hath not power of her own body, but the husband: and likewise also the husband hath not power of his own body, but the wife.

Defraud ye not one the other, except it be with consent for a time, that ye may give yourselves to fasting and prayer; and come together again, that Satan tempt you not for your incontinency.

Romans 7:2-3

For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband.

So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man.

1 Corinthians 6:15-16. READ MORE: www.wordeverlasting.com
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Adultery? by lepasharon(f): 5:51am On Dec 17, 2016
Lots of ppl that commit adultery, then go to church on sunday

1 Like

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Adultery? by jonbellion(m): 7:58am On Dec 17, 2016
lepasharon:
they'll be more bothered if they see a homosexual in church

1 Like

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Adultery? by Anas09: 9:45am On Dec 17, 2016
lepasharon:
Yeah? So, does their going to church make adultery right? Folks just cant keep straight. Sin is sin regardless of who committed it. Pope, pastor, or puaper.

Somany people rejects Christ because of what someone in their corner is doing. It shall be a rude shock wen we stand before the King and discover its just us and no else standing there with us, then we will regret haven depended on what someone else is doing..

Christianity is not a religion, its a kingdom. In this Kingdom, all man for himself, God for us all.

We go to churcj for fellowship, it has nothing to do with collective alligience. The life of a Christian is not showcased in Church, its what he/she does when no one is watching that matters.

The race is personal. If you keep turning to look at how the other person is running, you'll get distracted and can fall out.

Sharon, get the demons off you and get saved.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Adultery? by Anas09: 9:47am On Dec 17, 2016
jonbellion:
they'll be more bothered if they see a homosexual in church
Guy are you gay? Is that why you turn agaisnt your Father's God? Ooooo, its all coming to me now grin
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Adultery? by jonbellion(m): 9:50am On Dec 17, 2016
Anas09:

Guy are you gay? Is that why you turn agaisnt your Father's God? Ooooo, its all coming to me now grin
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Adultery? by Nobody: 10:02am On Dec 17, 2016
Exodus 20:14 "You shall not commit adultery."

Deuteronomy 22:22

"If a man is found sleeping with another man's wife, both the man who slept with her and the woman must die."

Leveticus 20:10
"If a man commits adultery with another man's wife -- with the wife of his neighbour -- both the adulterer and the adulteress must be put to death."
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Adultery? by Pastafarian: 10:14am On Dec 17, 2016
jonbellion:

most of our deluded Christian apologists need to get out from under the cave they've been throughout their lives

can you believe the bullsheet that person just spilled?

that means anyone fighting for equal right for slaves must be slaves themselves

anyone fighting Poverty must be a poor person

anyone that's fighting against HIV/AIDS patient's discrimination must be suffering from the disease

anyone fighting against racism against blacks must be black

anyone that's against killing witches must be a witch

anyone that prevents lynching of a suspected thief must be a thief

I can give hundreds more examples that show that the logic used by most of these Christian apologists are very shallow, too shallow that I hope - for their sake - they are just pretending to be dumb

1 Like

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Adultery? by blexyz1: 10:21am On Dec 17, 2016
[quote author=Anas09 post=520064

Christianity is not a religion, its a kingdom. In this Kingdom, all man for himself, God for us all.
[/quote]

Whem you are presented with a form that includes religion status, what do you fill out?
Just curious!
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Adultery? by Anas09: 11:09am On Dec 17, 2016
Wisdomcephas:
www.wordeverlasting.com
What is Adultery? Adultery is an act of sexual relations with someone other than one's wife or husband. For us Christians, it's a sin of a married man having sexual intercourse with anyone other than his wife or a married woman having sexual intercourse with anyone other than her husband.

Bible References

Exodus 20:14
Thou shalt not commit adultery.

Hebrews 13:4

Marriage is honourable in all, and the bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge.

Matthew 15:19-20

For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:

These are the things which defile a man: but to eat with unwashen hands defileth not a man.

Proverbs 6:32

But whoso committeth adultery with a woman lacketh understanding: he that doeth it destroyeth his own soul.

Luke 18:18-20

And a certain ruler asked him, saying, Good Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?

And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? none is good, save one, that is, God.

Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Honour thy father and thy mother.

Matthew 5:27-28

Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery:

But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

1 Corinthians 7:2-5

Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband.

Let the husband render unto the wife due benevolence: and likewise also the wife unto the husband.

The wife hath not power of her own body, but the husband: and likewise also the husband hath not power of his own body, but the wife.

Defraud ye not one the other, except it be with consent for a time, that ye may give yourselves to fasting and prayer; and come together again, that Satan tempt you not for your incontinency.

Romans 7:2-3

For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband.

So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man.

1 Corinthians 6:15-16. READ MORE: www.wordeverlasting.com
Brethren, have you for once sat down to ask yourself the real reason why fornication/ adultery is such a big deal agaisnt God?

Of all the sins, it's only Adultery that The Master mandates us to separate from marriage. Why?

Anytime the Holy Spirit wants to teach us about the relationship between Christ and the Church (I hope you know the church is not any physical building any where? You and i are the church), he uses the relationship between a man and his wife to describe it, why?.

Most of us just go about things without wanting to know why these things are.

Marriage didn't start on earth. It is a very serious business with God.

The relationship Adam had with God in Eden, is the same kind of relationship Christ has with the Church, and also the Man has with his wife.

Sex is something so sacret before God.

Satan knows the Sacredness of Sex. He knows what it takes away from us in the spiritual realm.

He knows the devastating effect it causes.

He knows the chasm that appears when this is done without God's approval which is within marriage.

Satan has fought so well to keep that fact hidden from man, he has made man to commonize sex, he has made man to treat sex as a very simple act,

but,

OH, IF ONLY MAN KNOWS WHAT HE DOES TO HIMSELF WHEN HE COMMITS THAT SIN embarassed embarassed embarassed.

In Ezekiel chapters 22 and 33 Yahweh there, called the Nation of Israel his Bride (Wife) and Him her husband.

He talked about doing everything a Husband could do for the wife he loves, but the wife still goes committing adultery with other (men) Nations.

If you study the exchange, you'd discover He wasn't talking about Adulatry in the sense that, the Nation of Israel was having sex with Egypt or Babylon. He was talking about Adolatry. Worshipoing other gods.

If there's any sin Yahwah abhors, is the sin of Idol worship. You can't worship other gods and still come close to him. You have severed the relationship.

Idol worship is a replacement of gods. If you go to consult other gods, you have rejected Yahweh and he rejects you too. He takes that very seriously.

So, also it is with us in marriage. The sin of adultrey is exactly the sin of idolatry. A deviation, a rejection of your spouse. If you go out, they stay out.

God takes that very personal. Its because Satan knows how personal God takes it, that he makes Man commit it with reckless abandone.

Again, Satan knows that wen a man commits any sexual sin, it seperates man from God.

Satan wants man perpertually seperated from God, hence the commonizing of sex.

I don't know how deep a Christin you are, but if you are spirit, led and abstance from sex outside of marriage, you'd agree with me that, the hardest sin to get away from is sex.

And the eaiest sin to fall into is sex.

The sin that comes ladened with guilt the most, is sex.

And sin that wears you down guiltwise is SEX related. Any kind, whether mastubation or any kind.

You can commit any other sin, like lying, stealing or fighting and quickly rise up, ask for forgiveness and keep moving.

But, try sexual sin. It holds you down. It presses you down. Its takes a lot for you to rise up, repent, and ask for forgiveness, forgive yourself and start all over. Its saps your spirit energy. It brings condemnation.

Sexual sin, thrusts you backward to the beginning. You get to start all over. Thats why soooooo many believers are baby Christians. When you talk about demons they run off. When you talk about evangelism, its a no no.

Their conscience judges them (Pls note, the Holy Spirit judges or condemns no one, not at all)

Satan knows the power a beliver weilds and he knows what that power can do agaisnt his kingdom if a believer knows it and takes the responsibility to use it.

Satan knows the devastation just one believer can cause against his kingdom, hence, the manipulation to keep us from knowing, who we are, what we carry and what we can do. He shrouds and cages the ignorant with sin to keep them powerless.

No believer who lives in sin has the boldness to pray.

Sexual sin takes your boldness and courage away.

When you stand to pray, right inside of you, you know you just realsing steam, nothing else.

Satan knows that without connecting with God, we can not use that power. He knows that the power works only IN THE NAME OF JESUS, and he knows that the name of JESUS in the mouth of a sinner, kills no Ant.

So, he makes sin, especially sexual sin common, hard to resist, easily to fall into, loaded with guilt, to keep you away from attempting to exercise your power.

As a matter of fact, when you sin (sexually), and repent from it, if you are not careful, the guilt remains. Anytime you go before God in prayer, satan brings it up to accuse you.

Yes, you did it. You'll accept the guilt and believe God won't accept you so no need even praying.

Information at this level is very important. There's no sin great or small before God if you truelly repent. He will forgive you.

Remeber he weighs your heart. He knows if you are serious or not.

So, many have fallen off at this point. If not handled very well, the guilty one begins to get angry at God.

Begins accusing God of cruelty and hardness towards him. Begins to get offended at God. Grauddually, he/she may turn out hating God.

It begins with sin then guilt, the lack of information to the effect that when we ask God forgives.

He doesnt need to speak to you for you to know he has forgiven you. You have to also gorgive yourself, depend on the Holy Spirit to stay strong. Rebuking the enemy anytime he brings his accusations.

Wonder why sex works are heavy of drugs? No matter how long they've been in the business, they still use drugs to norm the guilt.

Wonder Homosexuals and Lesbians hate God? Or, have you ever come any gay male oe female who loves God?

I haven't.

It guilt, that has led to hate agaisnt God is what is repsonsible.

Sex when its done right, IT'S A SERVICE TO GOD, but WHEN IT'S DONE WRONGLY, IT'S FIGHTING AGAINST GOD. And you lose at all points.

Shalom.

Sorry for taking so much space.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Adultery? by Anas09: 11:21am On Dec 17, 2016
Pastafarian:

most of our deluded Christian apologists need to get out from under the cave they've been throughout their lives

can you believe the bullsheet that person just spilled?

that means anyone fighting for equal right for slaves must be slaves themselves

anyone fighting Poverty must be a poor person

anyone that's fighting against HIV/AIDS patient's discrimination must be suffering from the disease

anyone fighting against racism against blacks must be black

anyone that's against killing witches must be a witch

anyone that prevents lynching of a suspected thief must be a thief

I can give hundreds more examples that show that the logic used by most of these Christian apologists are very shallow, too shallow that I hope - for their sake - they are just pretending to be dumb
So, you are inverably saying, you are a freedom fighter?

What exactly are you fighting against here?

Oh, wait!!!!, Yeah. Theres no God so you have made your athrism Mandela to fight for people to disbelieve God or rather hate God with you.

HopfulLanlord, do sometimes listen to yourself?

4everGod pls come and hear oo. HopefulLandlord has declared himself a freedom fighter agaisnt God.

He is now fighting to liberate men from God.

HopefulLandlord, do you need me to tell you how demon possessed you are?

Oh, i almost forgot, you didn't say that, the demons in you did. But, anyways, they will have you take responsiblity when you stand before God sometime very soon.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Adultery? by Anas09: 11:24am On Dec 17, 2016
[quote author=blexyz1 post=52007360][/quote]
Hahahahahahahahahaha. Nah here your knowlege reach or you go beyond here. This matter no be for tennagers with smart phones.

Have you done your home work. Oh, wait!!! You are on hols. Go back to your Computer games.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Adultery? by blexyz1: 12:10pm On Dec 17, 2016
Anas09:

Hahahahahahahahahaha. Nah here your knowlege reach or you go beyond here. This matter no be for tennagers with smart phones.

Have you done your home work. Oh, wait!!! You are on hols. Go back to your Computer games.

I didn't mean to offend you in any way. I simply want to understand how Christianity not a religion.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Adultery? by Anas09: 12:20pm On Dec 17, 2016
blexyz1:

I didn't mean to offend you in any way. I simply want to understand how Christianity not a religion.

Am not offended. I dont get offended by what is done or said on NL, that would be Childish.

Do you really want us to talk about this? I will gladly oblige you. But, you'd have to open a thread, if we do this here, both of us will be banned for derailment.

So, open a thread, you can Title it "WHY IS CHRISTIANITY NOT A RELIGION?" Mention me and i will be there. I promise we will have enough fun talking about this.
Shalom.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Adultery? by jonbellion(m): 12:29pm On Dec 17, 2016
Anas09:

So, you are inverably saying, you are a freedom fighter?

Oh, wait!!!!, Yeah. Theres no God so you have made your athrism Mandela to fight for people to disbelieve God or rather hate God with you.

4everGod pls come and hear oo. HopefulLandlord has declared himself a freedom fighter agaisnt God.

Oh, i almost forgot, you didn't say that, the demons in you did. But, anyways, they will have you take responsiblity when you stand before God sometime very soon.

nobody is saying there is no God
We are saying religious versions of God are lies
Why is that do hard to get
Why is it always false dichotomy with you
I don't believe in your God - there is no god
I don't believe in your God-devil worshipper
Why?
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Adultery? by jonbellion(m): 12:38pm On Dec 17, 2016
Anas09:

[s]So, you are inverably saying, you are a freedom fighter?

[/s]

your bullshit is one of a kind
Your religion has totally warped and distorted your worldview
Made it so myopic that your can't see that jot accepting your god does not make you demon possessed
I hope you have sense one day
Good day
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Adultery? by Anas09: 12:43pm On Dec 17, 2016
jonbellion:
your bullshit is one of a kind
Your religion has totally warped and distorted your worldview
Made it so myopic that your can't see that jot accepting your god does not make you demon possessed
I hope you have sense one day
Good day
Point is, you don't even know what it means to be demon possessed.

Guy, you are demon possessed. Satan is using as a host. You are working against yourself without your knowlegde. You'll remeber today. If you keep in your rebellion, you'd remeber me warning you here. The day you come face to face with the God you now hate, you'd feel the desolation that am talking about here.
You shall take responsibility for what satan is making you do and say here.

You'd remember.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Adultery? by Anas09: 12:54pm On Dec 17, 2016
jonbellion:
nobody is saying there is no God
We are saying religious versions of God are lies
Why is that do hard to get
Why is it always false dichotomy with you
I don't believe in your God - there is no god
I don't believe in your God-devil worshipper
Why?
Guy take a stand. Which one is it?

"Nobody says theres no God".

"We are saying religious versions of God are lies?" So which version of God is true?

"I dont believe in your God". Which do you beleive in?

" There is no God".

"I dont believe your God-devil worshipper."

Jon, are you on drugs? embarassed embarassed embarassed cry

See these Pastors? Taking care of other children, neglecting their own. Stealing money from the congtegation and spoiling their own children.

See the results? This is the exact case with Eli and his sons.

Under his very nose his son has become an Antichrist recruit.

The judgement of God shall come on all fake pastors.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Adultery? by jonbellion(m): 1:29pm On Dec 17, 2016
Anas09:

Point is, you don't even know what it means to be demon possessed.

Guy, you are demon possessed. Satan is using as a host. You are working against yourself without your knowlegde. You'll remeber today. If you keep in your rebellion, you'd remeber me warning you here. The day you come face to face with the God you now hate, you'd feel the desolation that am talking about here.
You shall take responsibility for what satan is making you do and say here.

You'd remember.
well I don't believe in your red troll man either
And where did I say I hate your god undecided
Oh jeez
*facepalm*
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Adultery? by Anas09: 1:32pm On Dec 17, 2016
jonbellion:
well I don't believe in your red troll man either
And where did I say I hate your god undecided
Oh jeez
*facepalm*
Your Fathers's God eats people?

This boy, take your meds.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Adultery? by Joagbaje(m): 2:56pm On Dec 17, 2016
Adultery has to do with a married woman .
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Adultery? by Anas09: 3:07pm On Dec 17, 2016
Joagbaje:

Adultery has to do with a married woman .
Ah, Men dont.commit adultery?
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Adultery? by Joagbaje(m): 7:48pm On Dec 17, 2016
Anas09:

Ah, Men dont.commit adultery?

If a man meets a married woman it's adultery .
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Adultery? by Anas09: 7:49pm On Dec 17, 2016
Joagbaje:

If a man meets a married woman it's adultery .
When he is married and meets a single woman?
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Adultery? by alchemist13: 8:01pm On Dec 17, 2016
Anas09:

Actually Joagbaje is right. The commandments concerning adultery only about sleeping with a married woman.
Married men could, in theory, sleep with an unmarried woman and still marry her afterwards.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Adultery? by Anas09: 8:03pm On Dec 17, 2016
alchemist13:

Actually Joagbaje is right. The commandments concerning adultery only about sleeping with a married woman.
Married men could, in theory, sleep with an unmarried woman and still marry her afterwards.
Hmmm. Did i just hear this?
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Adultery? by alchemist13: 8:11pm On Dec 17, 2016
Anas09:

Hmmm. Did i just hear this?
What problems do you have with my statement?
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Adultery? by Joagbaje(m): 8:28pm On Dec 17, 2016
Anas09:

IT's fornication
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Adultery? by Anas09: 8:51pm On Dec 17, 2016
Joagbaje:

IT's fornication
Okay, let's not go into fornication or adultery, the case in point here is sexual sin. Whether its fornication, or adultery.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Adultery? by Anas09: 9:01pm On Dec 17, 2016
alchemist13:

What problems do you have with my statement?
The problem i have is you justifying sexual sin for the man.

Sexual sin is sin, both for male a females.

And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female. (Not Male and females).

And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh? (Not wives, and they two, not three or more shall become one).

Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.
Matthew:19:4-6

When it comes to men marrying more than one wife, Jesus says, from the beginning it was not so.

Bros, marriage goes far beyond two people coming together to have children.

Marriage is a service to God.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Adultery? by alchemist13: 9:08pm On Dec 17, 2016
Anas09:

The problem i have is you justifying sexual sin for the man.

Sexual sin is sin, both for male a females.

And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female. (Not Male and females).

And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh? (Not wives, and they two, not three or more shall become one).

Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.
Matthew:19:4-6

When it comes to men marrying more than one wife, Jesus says, from the beginning it was not so.

Bros, marriage goes far beyond two people coming together to have children.

Marriage is a service to God.

That statement was not my opinion about adultery but a deduction from the laws concerning adultery abd fornication.
You might want to read those laws more carefully next time so as to make an informed opinion.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Adultery? by LambanoPeace: 9:17pm On Dec 17, 2016
Anas09:

This killed me grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Gospel Vs The Passion Of The Christ / Terror/terrorism In The Bible / Isn't A God Who Only Created More Logical Than A God Who Also Cares?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.