Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,341 members, 7,811,988 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:03 AM

How To Be Independent In A Relationship - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How To Be Independent In A Relationship (16839 Views)

A Lady Doesn't Have To Be A Feminist For She To Be Independent / How To Stay Independent In Your Relationship / Ladies Be Independent, Don't Depend On A Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Be Independent In A Relationship by Nobody: 10:18pm On Dec 16, 2016
There is always an amount of responsibility and obligation that drives you to think that you are no more independent and this raises several relationship problems including insecurity. While being in a relationship, it is important that you retain your individuality in your own way. It must never occur to you that now living life without your partner is impossible or difficult.

Here are 5 ways to be independent in a relationship.

1. Give him space – It is critical that you give him abundant space to be on his own. It is something every man needs and something he will love you for. Do not nag him continuously and if he has said “no” for something, let him be. If he does not like to accompany you for some party, do not pester him and go alone. You will earn respect in his eyes and this in turn will strengthen your relationship.

2. Make your own money – You must be financially independent. For the purpose of household expenses, it is fine to live on the expenses made by your partner but never become wholly dependent on him for cash. You should always have a source of income that will keep supplying you with a certain amount of money on a regular basis which will not let you slip into financial dependency, which will not let you be independent.

3. Never check up – This is a habit you must discard if you have at once. Never ever call up your partner and ask him where he is or what is taking him so long. Do not send text messages saying: “Why haven’t you called back?” because he might be enjoying a nice chat with old friends and answering your ridiculous query might turn him off. When you let him be, it shows how much you trust him and the same will be reciprocated when you will need to be on your own.

4. Spend some time alone – Learn to spend time alone. Think of the time when you had not met your partner. There were ways in which you kept yourself busy or spent your free time. Go back and do those things again and do not always stick your partner every time. You will discover that there is plenty of stuff you would want to do without your boyfriend/husband. Also, encourage your partner to do his own thing.

5. Trust him – Last but the not the least, you have to trust your partner. The very fact that you trust him and let him be will give enough encouragement to both of you to be independent in the relationship. Do not become so needy that you cannot stay for more than 5 minutes without talking to him and you constantly need to check up where he is or what he is up to. Trust him and you will see how healthy your relationship will become.

http://www.jeloser.info/2016/12/how-to-be-independent-in-relationship.html

MYND44 LALASTICLALA

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Be Independent In A Relationship by ikp120(m): 10:22pm On Dec 16, 2016
That's cool. cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Be Independent In A Relationship by dingbang(m): 10:31pm On Dec 16, 2016
WILL THEY AGREE

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Be Independent In A Relationship by Aniker(f): 10:36pm On Dec 16, 2016
undecided

1 Like

Re: How To Be Independent In A Relationship by Nobody: 10:56pm On Dec 16, 2016

If you give these instructions to goats, they will take the instructions and actually make use it more than women

Women are confused, they don't know what they want

A girl will tell you that she wants a gentle, cool guy and when she gets that type of dude, she will turn around that she wants a thug

You can buy a woman an aeroplane and tomorrow she will tell you she wants a bicycle

You can give a woman an instruction and expect her to make use of it

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Be Independent In A Relationship by Nobody: 10:57pm On Dec 16, 2016
smiley
Re: How To Be Independent In A Relationship by Flashh: 10:57pm On Dec 16, 2016
I so love independent ladies.

5 Likes

Re: How To Be Independent In A Relationship by Chocogold: 10:59pm On Dec 16, 2016
I love independent ladies... I can spend my last cash on them to support their hustling...but you see all those gold diggers...and d lazy ass ones...they will end up being a lesbian cos no man will ever show up for them

9 Likes

Re: How To Be Independent In A Relationship by Nobody: 10:59pm On Dec 16, 2016
Thank God am an independent lady.

3 Likes

Re: How To Be Independent In A Relationship by Eshence: 11:00pm On Dec 16, 2016
with dis kind off steps its not a relationship its platonic friendship lol

4 Likes

Re: How To Be Independent In A Relationship by TINALETC3(f): 11:01pm On Dec 16, 2016
grin

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Be Independent In A Relationship by jjbest123(m): 11:04pm On Dec 16, 2016
That Number 4 Hmm cheesy , Even If I Enjoy Womanizing Before, I Should Continue Abi? No No I Rather Play Games Or Watch Tv With Her
Re: How To Be Independent In A Relationship by luscioustrish(f): 11:04pm On Dec 16, 2016
I agree with all except number 5...
Re: How To Be Independent In A Relationship by ednut1(m): 11:05pm On Dec 16, 2016
some gals sabi irritate person, cos ur dating ur live must revolve around ur boo. mtcheew, relationship go come be like full time job

3 Likes

Re: How To Be Independent In A Relationship by rightchic(f): 11:05pm On Dec 16, 2016
Being independent is the coolest thing ever

1 Like

Re: How To Be Independent In A Relationship by goingape1: 11:08pm On Dec 16, 2016
NairalandDSS:
There is always an amount of responsibility and obligation that drives you to think that you are no more independent and this raises several relationship problems including insecurity. While being in a relationship, it is important that you retain your individuality in your own way. It must never occur to you that now living life without your partner is impossible or difficult.

1. Give him space – It is critical that you give him abundant space to be on his own. It is something every man needs and something he will love you for. Do not nag him continuously and if he has said “no” for something, let him be. If he does not like to accompany you for some party, do not pester him and go alone. You will earn respect in his eyes and this in turn will strengthen your relationship.

2. Make your own money – You must be financially independent. For the purpose of household expenses, it is fine to live on the expenses made by your partner but never become wholly dependent on him for cash. You should always have a source of income that will keep supplying you with a certain amount of money on a regular basis which will not let you slip into financial dependency, which will not let you be independent.

3. Never check up – This is a habit you must discard if you have at once. Never ever call up your partner and ask him where he is or what is taking him so long. Do not send text messages saying: “Why haven’t you called back?” because he might be enjoying a nice chat with old friends and answering your ridiculous query might turn him off. When you let him be, it shows how much you trust him and the same will be reciprocated when you will need to be on your own.

4. Spend some time alone – Learn to spend time alone. Think of the time when you had not met your partner. There were ways in which you kept yourself busy or spent your free time. Go back and do those things again and do not always stick your partner every time. You will discover that there is plenty of stuff you would want to do without your boyfriend/husband. Also, encourage your partner to do his own thing.

5. Trust him – Last but the not the least, you have to trust your partner. The very fact that you trust him and let him be will give enough encouragement to both of you to be independent in the relationship. Do not become so needy that you cannot stay for more than 5 minutes without talking to him and you constantly need to check up where he is or what he is up to. Trust him and you will see how healthy your relationship will become.

MYND44 LALASTICLALA
those gorillas won't hear.

1 Like

Re: How To Be Independent In A Relationship by opethom(m): 11:08pm On Dec 16, 2016
make money, make more money and make more money.... That's you need
Re: How To Be Independent In A Relationship by Obiwannn: 11:10pm On Dec 16, 2016
Another nonsense on FP
Re: How To Be Independent In A Relationship by korel9: 11:11pm On Dec 16, 2016
NairalandDSS:

MYND44 LALASTICLALA

Ok
Re: How To Be Independent In A Relationship by ajokeade920: 11:14pm On Dec 16, 2016
Op sha.....Welldone. cool
Re: How To Be Independent In A Relationship by bayocanny: 11:16pm On Dec 16, 2016
opethom:
make money, make more money and make more money.... That's you need
Tell em bro,
Re: How To Be Independent In A Relationship by shakes101(m): 11:16pm On Dec 16, 2016
them go meet u for even their electrical bills

1 Like

Re: How To Be Independent In A Relationship by Nobody: 11:18pm On Dec 16, 2016
AfonjaStinks:

If you give these instructions to goats, they will take the instructions and make use it more than women

A girl will tell you that she wants a gentle, cool guy and when she gets that type of dude, she will turn around that she wants a thug

You can buy a woman an aeroplane and tomorrow she will tell you she wants a bicycle

Re: How To Be Independent In A Relationship by Dagaya(m): 11:27pm On Dec 16, 2016
there are no rules to dating and relationship.. a lady wud follow ur rules or advice as u put it and still end up crashing the relationship.. there is a saying that goes different strokes for different folks. there are guys out der who love their lady all possessive and wud do anything to always have dem around.
it is also vice versa for other guys. every person is peculiar. what works for bro A may not work for bro B.
Nice write up though.
I just have a problem with steps, rules or even advice's given in a relationship.
I prefer making my own mistakes and learning from dem..
Understanding Me is the best relationship advice I have ever taken.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Be Independent In A Relationship by Martinola(m): 11:29pm On Dec 16, 2016
Abeg lemme pass....Can Man utd win either half against westbrom?
Re: How To Be Independent In A Relationship by Martinola(m): 11:32pm On Dec 16, 2016
Dagaya:
there are no rules to dating and relationship.. a lady wud follow ur rules or advice as u put it and still end up crashing the relationship.. there is a saying that goes different strokes for different folks. there are guys out der who love their lady all possessive and wud do anything to always have dem around.
it is also vice versa for other guys. every person is peculiar. what works for bro A may not work for bro B.
Nice write up though.
I just have a problem with steps, rules or even advice's given in a relationship.
I prefer making my own mistakes and learning from dem..
Understanding Me is the best relationship advice I have ever taken.
Broz...u make sense die...I even hate taking dis kind of advise

3 Likes

Re: How To Be Independent In A Relationship by Tynasparks(f): 11:32pm On Dec 16, 2016
Hmmmmmm
Re: How To Be Independent In A Relationship by Nobody: 11:37pm On Dec 16, 2016
Finally ......Someone who sees life through my eyes. And to the person who is comparing women to goats I don't know what sort of women you have been fraternising with but I am certainly not in that category whatever category that is. There are women who give,support, share, motivate, kick ass and are rewarded greatly. Not all women are all about being wanting what they never worked for. Some know how bring it!

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How To Be Independent In A Relationship by Martinola(m): 11:37pm On Dec 16, 2016
Una no go fit open thread wey fit profit pson..na so so relationship threads una dey cari waka abaut

1 Like

Re: How To Be Independent In A Relationship by Blair18(f): 11:41pm On Dec 16, 2016
AfonjaStinks:

If you give these instructions to goats, they will take the instructions and actually make use it more than women

it seems u are hurt well they are few who don't think so just that it is hard to come across, well what of me i did all what i think is d best for us but it is like he even love d space i gave him not even a call nor anything. i believe what is not urs won' t be urs no matter how u try to make it work even by buying all d earth for them mine sef not even a pen nor anything i don't nag but stil yet so just be urself

1 Like

Re: How To Be Independent In A Relationship by ALAYORMII: 11:42pm On Dec 16, 2016
Is today relationship day??
Re: How To Be Independent In A Relationship by Nobody: 11:45pm On Dec 16, 2016
Blair18:
it seems u are hurt well they are few who don't think so just that they are few to come across, well what of me i did all what i think is d best for us but it is like he even love d space i gave him not even a call nor anything. i believe what is not urs won' t be urs no matter how u try to make it work even by buying all d earth for them mine sef not even a pen nor anything i don't nag but stil yet so just be urself

Hurt ??
I'm too rich to be hurt

In your mind, you think you did everything to please him ??

I have a degree in psychology
Can you tell a lion not to kill ??

That's exactly how it is with with females, they can't do right, they always do wrong

As for guys, there are some natural behavior they posses, even if he's a pastor, he must involuntarily show the behavior

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Between Fulani And Igbos Who Has The Most Beautiful Women Nigeria(see pix) / List Of Ashawo Joints In Akure, Lagos And Their Addresses – Endowed Chics / I Bought This Shirt For N20k - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.