Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,025 members, 7,828,599 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:55 AM

How To Be Independent In A Relationship - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How To Be Independent In A Relationship (16856 Views)

A Lady Doesn't Have To Be A Feminist For She To Be Independent / How To Stay Independent In Your Relationship / Ladies Be Independent, Don't Depend On A Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Be Independent In A Relationship by Nobody: 5:59pm On Dec 17, 2016
AfonjaStinks:

Okay

Give me your contact
Try sending me a mail. And i will send it to you there
Re: How To Be Independent In A Relationship by Alezy(m): 10:24pm On Dec 17, 2016
myzzudenyisarah:

lol..is it written on my forehead?
Smiles. ..not really, but i kw one when I see one. schooled there.

Sorry for the late reply, work called.
Re: How To Be Independent In A Relationship by Alezy(m): 10:28pm On Dec 17, 2016
Raine80:

Most definitely, I am not adding another layer to his problems , I am not another mouth to feed that expect's and demands a lot but brings nothing to the table. I am there to add to his success. I am not coming from a feminist perspective but a real perspective life is a challenge why should it be solo approach when there is two of you in a marriage/relationship? You can be in either but you can still be your own person. Some women "park their lives" once they find someone but their demands and wants don't stay parked they multiply tenfold
Wonderful hearing this from a female, please re u married. lolz

you said up there that you re coming from a real perspective of life and not a feminist. hnmmmm. would have love you to Expatiate on this.
Re: How To Be Independent In A Relationship by Sistem007(m): 11:44pm On Dec 18, 2016
NairalandDSS:
There is always an amount of responsibility and obligation that drives you to think that you are no more independent and this raises several relationship problems including insecurity. While being in a relationship, it is important that you retain your individuality in your own way. It must never occur to you that now living life without your partner is impossible or difficult.

Here are 5 ways to be independent in a relationship.

1. Give him space – It is critical that you give him abundant space to be on his own. It is something every man needs and something he will love you for. Do not nag him continuously and if he has said “no” for something, let him be. If he does not like to accompany you for some party, do not pester him and go alone. You will earn respect in his eyes and this in turn will strengthen your relationship.

2. Make your own money – You must be financially independent. For the purpose of household expenses, it is fine to live on the expenses made by your partner but never become wholly dependent on him for cash. You should always have a source of income that will keep supplying you with a certain amount of money on a regular basis which will not let you slip into financial dependency, which will not let you be independent.

3. Never check up – This is a habit you must discard if you have at once. Never ever call up your partner and ask him where he is or what is taking him so long. Do not send text messages saying: “Why haven’t you called back?” because he might be enjoying a nice chat with old friends and answering your ridiculous query might turn him off. When you let him be, it shows how much you trust him and the same will be reciprocated when you will need to be on your own.

4. Spend some time alone – Learn to spend time alone. Think of the time when you had not met your partner. There were ways in which you kept yourself busy or spent your free time. Go back and do those things again and do not always stick your partner every time. You will discover that there is plenty of stuff you would want to do without your boyfriend/husband. Also, encourage your partner to do his own thing.

5. Trust him – Last but the not the least, you have to trust your partner. The very fact that you trust him and let him be will give enough encouragement to both of you to be independent in the relationship. Do not become so needy that you cannot stay for more than 5 minutes without talking to him and you constantly need to check up where he is or what he is up to. Trust him and you will see how healthy your relationship will become.

http://www.jeloser.info/2016/12/how-to-be-independent-in-relationship.html

MYND44 LALASTICLALA

All men are not the same bro... Doing all this might take the man's heart far away from the lady and he might as well just think she doesn't care. U don't use one yardstick to measure everyone.
Re: How To Be Independent In A Relationship by Nobody: 6:53pm On Dec 21, 2016
Nairaland 'boys' can disrespect womennnn... chai undecided
Re: How To Be Independent In A Relationship by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jan 08, 2017
Alezy:
Smiles. ..not really, but i kw one when I see one. schooled there.

Sorry for the late reply, work called.
sorry for disappointing you I m not tiv but I m from Benue state
and sorry also for the late reply
Re: How To Be Independent In A Relationship by Alezy(m): 12:45am On Jan 09, 2017
myzzudenyisarah:
sorry for disappointing you I m not tiv but I m from Benue state and sorry also for the late reply
hnmmmm. ..surprised look.

idoma then
Re: How To Be Independent In A Relationship by Nobody: 1:02am On Jan 09, 2017
and u will have all and she will have another man angry do u even want a relationship? undecided

Also most all relationships the woman is NOT financially dependant on her partner undecided why do ya'll pretend u don't know most men do financially care for their. Woman's needs

U mistake a few cheap dates as financing her undecided
Re: How To Be Independent In A Relationship by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jan 09, 2017
Alezy:
hnmmmm. ..surprised look.

idoma then
nope nope nope!!!
Re: How To Be Independent In A Relationship by Alezy(m): 11:52pm On Jan 09, 2017
myzzudenyisarah:
nope nope nope!!!
oh God, I give up.
Ur obviously not igede
Re: How To Be Independent In A Relationship by Nobody: 11:03am On Jan 10, 2017
Alezy:
oh God, I give up.

Ur obviously not igede
lol dnt I look like one? since I told you I m neither one of the tribes u mentioned earlier
Re: How To Be Independent In A Relationship by Alezy(m): 1:10pm On Jan 10, 2017
myzzudenyisarah:

lol dnt I look like one? since I told you I m neither one of the tribes u mentioned earlier
Well, u look idoma. something still tells me u idoma.

well prove me wrong
Re: How To Be Independent In A Relationship by Nobody: 2:16pm On Jan 10, 2017
Alezy:
Well, u look idoma. something still tells me u idoma.

well prove me wrong
A Full blooded igede (FBI)
Re: How To Be Independent In A Relationship by Alezy(m): 6:43pm On Jan 10, 2017
myzzudenyisarah:

A Full blooded igede (FBI)
hnmmmm. ..fbi, very long I heard that (full blooded igede)

on Ur blue/black strip clothing's.
Re: How To Be Independent In A Relationship by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jan 10, 2017
Alezy:
hnmmmm. ..fbi, very long I heard that (full blooded igede)

on Ur blue/black strip clothing's.
my blue/black strip clothing? what about it?
Re: How To Be Independent In A Relationship by Alezy(m): 9:34pm On Jan 10, 2017
myzzudenyisarah:
my blue/black strip clothing? what about it?
oh that's Ur logo nau.

love it
Re: How To Be Independent In A Relationship by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jan 10, 2017
Alezy:
oh that's Ur logo nau.

love it
oh there is white also..

Re: How To Be Independent In A Relationship by Alezy(m): 10:40pm On Jan 10, 2017
myzzudenyisarah:

oh there is white also..
yes that's the colour. almost got it for a shirt then.

How are you?
Re: How To Be Independent In A Relationship by Nobody: 7:59am On Jan 11, 2017
Alezy:
yes that's the colour. almost got it for a shirt then.

How are you?

I am good and you?
Re: How To Be Independent In A Relationship by Alezy(m): 8:07am On Jan 11, 2017
myzzudenyisarah:

I am good and you?
m great. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

More Details And Photos Of The “pure Water Hawker” With Big Booty / Please Help! How Do I Unite My Breasts And Make Them Stand In Unity? (pics ins) / Which Nairalander Has The Biggest Boobs?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.