Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,214 members, 7,829,353 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:11 AM

Lagos To Generate Electricity From Garbage - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos To Generate Electricity From Garbage (9109 Views)

What Measure Do You Think We Can Use To Generate 24/7 Electricity? / See What Happened When NEPA Wanted To Disconnect Electricity From A House. Video / Man Installs Windmill To Generate Electricity, Tired Of Nigeria's Erratic Power (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos To Generate Electricity From Garbage by Nobody: 9:08am On Dec 17, 2016
Long overdue. Good move!
Re: Lagos To Generate Electricity From Garbage by wajaja: 9:16am On Dec 17, 2016
nkemma54:

yes oda states do need to step up, but it doznt spell doom for lagos. shebi cross river is slightly beta dan lagos. deyv got a monorail, beta tourist sites, and electricity, but still not as populated as lagos.
who told u you cross river state is better than Lagos.. have u been their before.. dnt compare death and sleep poop abeg....
Re: Lagos To Generate Electricity From Garbage by stpat1(m): 9:25am On Dec 17, 2016
shine12:
I am currently designing an Energy from Waste plant in the country I live.I will come home in a heart beat if my expertise is sought by the Lagos State govt.

You can start by writing to the state govt informing them of the value you can add.
Re: Lagos To Generate Electricity From Garbage by nkemma54(m): 9:30am On Dec 17, 2016
wajaja:
who told u you cross river state is better than Lagos.. have u been their before.. dnt compare death and sleep poop abeg....

do u think a pile of shit feels popular coz of d flies dat r attracted to it? i do. that's the state of lagos.
Re: Lagos To Generate Electricity From Garbage by niggi4life(m): 9:38am On Dec 17, 2016
henryboff:
Story story!! Story
Once upon a time!! Time time
My Brother, we are talking about Lagos not Nigeria!!!

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Generate Electricity From Garbage by giles14(m): 10:08am On Dec 17, 2016
na today ,fashola first started singing dis heat till now nothing
Re: Lagos To Generate Electricity From Garbage by Nascimento(m): 10:21am On Dec 17, 2016
Until we see action abeg. It's a good initiative. But one trend in the news these days is: "this or that TO start this". Let's start seeing some actions.
Re: Lagos To Generate Electricity From Garbage by Nobody: 10:26am On Dec 17, 2016
Boleyndynasty2:
Very cool move. Maybe state Governments should start thinking of how to generate electricity on their own since FG can't

That should have always been the case.

States receive massive amounts of money every month that they spend on recurrent expenditure. There should be a system of agreeing price and specification towards reimbursement of state capital expenditures that is incurred on behalf of the FGN.

The problem is our political system that demands so much by way of political " greasing" The amounts Governors spend per day on political hanger on will astound you. Every week I see people lining up at my senators house to collect benefits.

When these benefits are caught upstream by the same people is meant to be serving, there is precious little left to actual do what should be done.

We need a part time one house NASS and a part time state legislative. There is no reason why people who cannot succeed in ordinary life will be set over the common purse.
Re: Lagos To Generate Electricity From Garbage by Ademat7(m): 10:31am On Dec 17, 2016
shine12:
I am currently designing an Energy from Waste plant in the country I live.I will come home in a heart beat if my expertise is sought by the Lagos State govt.
Can we hv a brief of ur effort over there
Re: Lagos To Generate Electricity From Garbage by godson4u79(m): 10:40am On Dec 17, 2016
Your comment wouldn't have worth a reply.... But mere reading your name, I came to instant conclusion that nothing good can ever come from your state and your draw back governors.. Lagos lead others follow...
kogistar:
una still making mouth without any action?
Re: Lagos To Generate Electricity From Garbage by braine(m): 10:52am On Dec 17, 2016
shine12:

Write a proposal and lobby the right people. You need to make a move and make yourself known.

When it starts, I'd like to be a part of it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos To Generate Electricity From Garbage by fiddzy(m): 11:53am On Dec 17, 2016
Mr pavore this project was it done in nigeria
Pavore9:
Very feasible. Involved in a project where the biogas generated from farm and organic market wastes is powering generators.
Re: Lagos To Generate Electricity From Garbage by Pavore9: 12:06pm On Dec 17, 2016
fiddzy:
Mr pavore this project was it done in nigeria

No, in Nairobi.
Re: Lagos To Generate Electricity From Garbage by petchris04(m): 12:42pm On Dec 17, 2016
It is a welcome idea only if they will act and not just come out with a blueprint then the rest will be story for the gods.
Re: Lagos To Generate Electricity From Garbage by petchris04(m): 12:46pm On Dec 17, 2016
greenpasture:

That should have always been the case.

States receive massive amounts of money every month that they spend on recurrent expenditure. There should be a system of agreeing price and specification towards reimbursement of state capital expenditures that is incurred on behalf of the FGN.

The problem is our political system that demands so much by way of political " greasing" The amounts Governors spend per day on political hanger on will astound you. Every week I see people lining up at my senators house to collect benefits.

When these benefits are caught upstream by the same people is meant to be serving, there is precious little left to actual do what should be done.

We need a part time one house NASS and a part time state legislative. There is no reason why people who cannot succeed in ordinary life will be set over the common purse.

In other words the cost of running our government is to cost thereby hindering developmental goals and growth.
Re: Lagos To Generate Electricity From Garbage by chybyke4ly(m): 1:33pm On Dec 17, 2016
Visionscape inauguration by the corner
Re: Lagos To Generate Electricity From Garbage by fergie001: 1:37pm On Dec 17, 2016
Biogas?The kind of news I want 2 hear,Implementation will be d problem but if this is followed up,will be a massive +
Re: Lagos To Generate Electricity From Garbage by Freshboi: 2:06pm On Dec 17, 2016
Pavore9:
Very feasible. Involved in a project where the biogas generated from farm and organic market wastes is powering generators.
how does it work?
Re: Lagos To Generate Electricity From Garbage by Pavore9: 2:23pm On Dec 17, 2016
Freshboi:
how does it work?

Let take for instance the popular Mile 12 market, that generates so much wastes from spoilt frruits, vegetables etc. A bio digester is set up there, the biodegradables wastess from the market is fed into the bio digester , it will degrade in there and generates biogas which can be use for cooking like the regular LPG or connected to power a generator.

After the biodegradable wastes have given off the biogas, what is left is called slurry and that itself is organic fertilizer.

Hope this gives you an idea.
Re: Lagos To Generate Electricity From Garbage by 400billionman: 2:30pm On Dec 17, 2016
There is one nairalander who designed a Waste to Energy plant. Where is he ?

I can sell Energy in my area as light no dey dey..
Re: Lagos To Generate Electricity From Garbage by shizzy7(f): 3:54pm On Dec 17, 2016
nkemma54:

yes oda states do need to step up, but it doznt spell doom for lagos. shebi cross river is slightly beta dan lagos. deyv got a monorail, beta tourist sites, and electricity, but still not as populated as lagos.
Something still brings more people to Lagos.

Doom - I meant the size, cross-river is 20,000km°„ Lagos is just 3,000km... That's like 6 times larger than Lagos. The state will be seriously choked up.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Generate Electricity From Garbage by Favorite1: 1:46am On Dec 19, 2016
Fairgodwin:
I wish they would just start it immediately. It would have been awesome.
For over 5 days now we never see light for my area.

The Federal Republic of Lagos should do something quick, please. cool

Just 5 days? We haven't seen light throughout this month sef. Today, all man calm mehn! No money to buy fuel to run gen. Everywhere dark and silent like place where witches wan hold meeting.
The change is real mehn!!!
Re: Lagos To Generate Electricity From Garbage by Fairgodwin(m): 8:22am On Dec 19, 2016
Favorite1:

Just 5 days? We haven't seen light throughout this month sef. Today, all man calm mehn! No money to buy fuel to run gen. Everywhere dark and silent like place where witches wan hold meeting.
The change is real mehn!!!

Hahaha grin you're one hell of a funny guy. "everywhere dark and silent like place where witches wan hold meeting." grin grin cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Olawepo Hashim Break Down Simple Steps To Successfully Eliminate Corruption / I Asked AI To Generate Photos Of Greedy Nigerian Politicians — See Results / APC Will Fight Corruption, Waste – Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.