Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,879 members, 7,821,077 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:51 AM

Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? (15479 Views)

Aminu Tambuwal Marries Maryam Mairo-Mustapha (Photos) / Maryam Abacha & Her Daughters In Aso Rock (Throwback Pic) / Maryam Babangida And Princes Diana [Photo] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Go Down)

Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by Akuviv: 1:20pm On Nov 16, 2009
Guys I got this as one of Google's Search result from www.elombah.com

Maryam Babangida

Maryam Babangida, Nigeria's former First Lady is dead. The fomer chairperson of the Better Life for Rural Women during her husband's years in office, had been hospitalised for ovarian cancer at the UCLA's Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center in Los Angeles.

Mrs. Babaginda's condition worsened about six months ago after she attended the wedding of Umaru Yar'Adua's daughter, Nafisat, who married the 54 -year old governor of Bauchi State.

General Babangida, the retired ex-dictator was granted a US visa on compassionate grounds to be at the bedside of his wife, till her death.
Her  cancer had reached an advanced stage.

Comments (9)

Gone too soon
     You were one really wonderful lady, and it's sad you're gone so soon. May your gentle soul R.I.P,

|2009-11-16 09:46:33 Abidemi Adebamiwa  - Maryam Babangida is gone
     She was such a wonderful lady as well as her husband to my family. May her soul rest in perfect peace.

|2009-11-16 09:53:07 bunmi  - i like you so much
     Maryam ve never got the opportunity to met you before but i like you so much, you are a rare gem, rest in the bossom of Allah

|2009-11-16 10:14:35 Olumide Ajayi  - Death! So Superior yet So Stingless
     EVEN IN THE MOST WICKED HEARTS THERE IS COMPASSION. FOR MARYAM BABANGIDA WHO MEANT SO MANY TO MANY PEOPLE, HER DEATH IS NO DOUBT A CURTAIN DRAWN ON A LIFE ROBUSTLY SPENT. A FIRST LADY WITH GLAMOUR YET IDENTIFYING WITH THOSE BELOW HER SOCIAL STATUS. MARYAM, FOR YOU DEATH IS REST AND NOT SUPERIOR

|2009-11-16 10:37:18 Akinleye Akinsola Joel  - May Her soul rest in Perfect Peace
     May Her gentle and kind soul rest in PEACE.

|41.191.110.Bleep |2009-11-16 10:59:51 PRINCE SAIDU HASSAN YAKUBU
     A FIRST LADY WITH GLAMOUR YET IDENTIFYING WITH THOSE BELOW HER SOCIAL STATUS, MARYAM, MUMMY, AUNTIE, GRAN-MA, SISTER, FRIEND, MENTOR, MAY UR GENTLE SOUL REST IN ALJANAT FIRDAUS.
         o 0
         o 0
     ReplyQuote

|41.191.110.Bleep |2009-11-16 11:03:45 PRINCE SAIDU HASSAN YAKUBU,
     MAY UR GENTLE SOUL REST IN PERFECT PEACE!!!!!!
         o 0
         o 0
     ReplyQuote

|41.220.79.Bleep |2009-11-16 11:24:36 IFFY
     MAMA may your soul rest in the bosoom of the lord.your good work on earth will continue to speak in favour of your attribute that u left behind.Adieu mama!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
         o 0
         o 0
     ReplyQuote

|205.162.8.Bleep |2009-11-16 11:53:05 MARCUS AJAYI  - CONDOLENCE MESSAGE
     MAY THE GENTLE SOUL OF THE MOST COLORFUL,ADMIRABLE AND HUMBLE MRS MARIAM BABANGIDA REST IN PERFECT PEACE,THERE IS NO DOUBT THIS IS A TRAGIC LOSS TO WOMANHOOD IN NIGERIA IN PARTICULAR AND THE SUB SAHARA IN GENERAL. MAY THE LORD GIVE THE FAMILY THE FORTITUDE TO BEAR THE LOSS.
         o 0
         o 0
     ReplyQuote
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by Nobody: 1:24pm On Nov 16, 2009
She will rot in hell if there's any. . . that's the judgement for evil people according to the holy book.
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by redsun(m): 1:28pm On Nov 16, 2009
It is quite possible her husband IBB got rid of her for a fresh blood in his readiness and quest for another round of politricks and looting in nigeria.

Even abacha's son that is still owing the country billions of dollar,i heard is a goverorship aspirant in kano state.,knob heads.

Recycled thieves aka nigirian politicians.
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by Yoighaman(m): 1:35pm On Nov 16, 2009
May her soul rest in perfect peace.
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by Sagamite(m): 1:37pm On Nov 16, 2009
arkinses:

some people are just downright heartless!

Yep, I take pride in being heartless to those that are heartless.

I actually cherish to be seen as the leading figure in demonstrating this behaviour.

Busta:

WOW. . . . lots of empty barrels on this site.
someone is dead. have a lil sympathy guys . . .death ain't no joke.
U will know better if and when it comes close to home.

all your stupid side remarks don't make u any funny, popular or wiser. Makes u even more dumb . . FOOLS!!

Tell that to those children that have lost parents to easily-treated diseases but died because they could not afford basic healthcare whilst this evil bitch was shopping for the most expensive shoes in Paris with their taxes and public loot. And she comes back to shine it in their face.
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by naijaking1: 1:43pm On Nov 16, 2009
Sagamite:

I actually cherish to be seen as the leading figure in demonstrating this behaviour.

Tell that to those children that have lost parents to easily-treated diseases but died because they could not afford basic healthcare whilst this evil bitch was shopping for the most expensive shoes in Paris with their taxes and public loot. And she comes back to shine it in their face.
The best way to demonstrate your enemity with a corpse is to be buried together.
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by erico2k2(m): 1:46pm On Nov 16, 2009
Weather She dies or not, whats the big deal? WTF
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by Busta(f): 1:49pm On Nov 16, 2009
Sagamite:

My point exactly. Some mentioned earlier on that:

We may have some reservation for Babangida because of his style of leadership or what he did and did not do when in political power. He however and his family remains human being created by the Almighty GOD to live and die at the appointed time. Everyone will DIE. So keep your grudges aside and pray for the soul of the departed one (that is, if it is true!!!). You people should use this opportunity to reflect on life and your activities. We are all in transition and everything in life is temporary. If you like do good or bad, you shall soon transit like those before you. Though how one live determine what people speak upon his or her death, Maryam has no fault except being the wife of a military ruler whom many see as as not doing things right when in power.

She had no fault. tell that to God cause he created her that way. Whether some people lost their parents due to lack of funds for the hospital bills . . .ask God about that cos he made things that way. I am not saying that she is any better than all the other dead people but pple don't need to disrespect the dead in that manner.
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by Busta(f): 1:50pm On Nov 16, 2009
the queue to join the empty dumb barrels keeps getting longer and longer. lipsrsealed
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by dragonz: 1:55pm On Nov 16, 2009
In truth and indeed we are the most religiously country in the world.Death continues to remain a mystery which we shall all encounter one day.Some people do actualy fail to realise this and live their lives like they were born immortal.Such people live with a complete disregard for how their actions affect others exisiting around them.The oyinbo man who is not as religious as we are has come to realise the futility in life and uselessness of acquiring wealth gluttonouly at the expence of others.only when wealth is legally acquired through hardwork is it celebrated.The truth my nigerian brothers and sisters is when any individual or group of individuals decide to steal/corner money meant for the general good of a nation,there are so many people who die and are not heard of. Any leader of family member of anyone who has plundered this nation deserves no form of pity when they die,as numerous thousands have died needlessly without fulfiling their destinies due to the un-warranted stealing and plundering by these same people.They are evil and deserve no pity in their time of calamity.
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by Epi: 1:57pm On Nov 16, 2009
Interesting! even in death some of you show no remorse.  May her soul RIP
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by Sagamite(m): 2:10pm On Nov 16, 2009
Busta:

My point exactly. Some mentioned earlier on that:

She had no fault. tell that to God cause he created her that way. Whether some people lost their parents due to lack of funds for the hospital bills . . .ask God about that cos he made things that way. I am not saying that she is any better than all the other dead people but pple don't need to disrespect the dead in that manner.

Babes, you will have to give that line to those that practice religion and let it dictate everything in their lives. I don't.

I use intelligence and objectivity.
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by Depilot(m): 2:13pm On Nov 16, 2009
It has not been confirmed.
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by Busta(f): 2:18pm On Nov 16, 2009
Sagamite:

Babes, you will have to give that line to those that practice religion and let it dictate everything in their lives. I don't.

I use intelligence and objectivity.

in other words, you are an atheist? if you read my previous posts, you would know that my point was just related to religion only but also with intelligence and objectivity like you put it and humanity.
even Atheism believes in death and respect for the dead.

Life changes, and it carries on, no matter who enters or exists.
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by busybody20: 2:19pm On Nov 16, 2009
Busta:

WOW. . . . lots of empty barrels on this site.
someone is dead. have a lil sympathy guys . . .death ain't no joke.
U will know better if and when it comes close to home.

all your stupid side remarks don't make u any funny, popular or wiser. Makes u even more dumb . . FOOLS!!

[size=18pt]What do you expect from a Nigerian Forum INFESTED with Immature Kids[/size]18?  undecided

What a Shame!

RIP Maryam  : sad   sad
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by RUBRICS(m): 2:20pm On Nov 16, 2009
It's true She's dead! May her soul rest in peace and let's stop judging okay!!!
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by Kx: 2:22pm On Nov 16, 2009
Depilot:

It has not been confirmed.

I just heard d confirmation.Inspirationfm 2.00 o clock news of today
confirmed and stated that her body would be brought in for burial acc.to muslim rites today.

Rich or poor,make ur life meanningful while u are around.

I wish polithievecians will c from dis dat dem go die leave all d stolen money!
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by Depilot(m): 2:24pm On Nov 16, 2009
@Sagamite: I like your attitude towards your enemy and towards life in general, the power of your drive is totally untouchable.
I just hope that you're completely a perfect man, because if you're not, the round table that goes around might also come around.
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by redsun(m): 2:32pm On Nov 16, 2009
It is only in nigeria that evil people go scot free from the law,commended or expected to commended when they die instead of the other way round.That is why the living never changes because there seems to be no repercusion for being bad.Some idiots expect god to do the judgment for dem,yeye. people.
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by Sagamite(m): 2:33pm On Nov 16, 2009
Busta:

in other words, you are an atheist? if you read my previous posts, you would know that my point was just related to religion only but also with intelligence and objectivity like you put it and humanity.
even Atheism believes in death and respect for the dead.

Life changes, and it carries on, no matter who enters or exists.

No, I am not an atheist.

And I don't think the practice and enforcement of memes is objective or even intelligent.

I respect the dead based on an objective analysis of if they [b]deserve [/b]to be respected (with yes being default setting), not because it is the way it is done (unobjective).

I would respect NOT Saddam, Fritzl, Pol Pot, Pinoche, Idi Amin, Foday Sankoh etc in death. That to me is ridiculous.
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by Radiant(f): 2:34pm On Nov 16, 2009
Sad. . .sad sad sad  I remember one of my uncles died in the '92 plane crash carrying Major generals and co but still death is death. I feel so sad. RIP MB  cry
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by Depilot(m): 2:36pm On Nov 16, 2009
Everyone of us will die one day, unfortunately, we do not have the choice to pick what kind of death or how we will go one day. It is written down for the poor and the rich.

We also do not know how to make life. Life is given and will also will be taken.
This is why it is very important for everyone of us to respect life and give glory to God.

Let us be very careful, and display maturity and common sense.
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by Sagamite(m): 2:37pm On Nov 16, 2009
Depilot:

@Sagamite: I like your attitude towards your enemy and towards life in general, the power of your drive is totally untouchable.
I just hope that you're completely a perfect man, because if you're not, the round table that goes around might also come around.

Mate, I am close to perfect and add to the value of most in my life in regards to fairness and justice.

Whatever loose ends that might exist in my perfectness, still would make me a candidate for sainthood from the pope when placed next to these evil, selfish, ostentatious bunch.
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by Depilot(m): 2:38pm On Nov 16, 2009
Mate, I am close to perfect and add to the value of most in my life in regards to fairness and justice.

Whatever loose ends that might exist in my perfectness, still would make me a candidate for sainthood from the pope when placed next to these evil, selfish, ostentatious bunch.

My man, go right on, it's your world.
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by redsun(m): 2:44pm On Nov 16, 2009
African leaders,especially nigerian ones commit crimes against humanity and anybody that sympatises or in mutual accord with them must be of the same feathers with them or fundamentally irrational.
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by Busta(f): 2:46pm On Nov 16, 2009
Sagamite:

No, I am not an atheist.

And I don't think the practice and enforcement of memes is objective or even intelligent.

I respect the dead based on an objective analysis of if they [b]deserve [/b]to be respected (with yes being default setting), not because it is the way it is done (unobjective).

I would respect NOT Saddam, Fritzl, Pol Pot, Pinoche, Idi Amin, Foday Sankoh etc in death. That to me is ridiculous.

no matter the grudge or your judgement on this people, they have lived their lives.
Nothing can be done about the way they live or have lived your lives. Somethings happen for a reason, some people just like you and I exist for a reason.

Like I said before, Life goes on!!
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by babonboard(f): 2:48pm On Nov 16, 2009
heeyaa
Rest in peace o
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by Radiant(f): 2:48pm On Nov 16, 2009
redsun:

African leaders,especially nigerian ones commit crimes against humanity and anybody that sympatises or in mutual accord with them must be of the same feathers with them or fundamentally irrational.

I'm the first to pounce on Nigerian leaders and their crimes. I know what you mean but I can't rejoice over anyone's death. It just can't go down my throat. Even if it was IBB that died I'll still be sad. That's just me   sad
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by Depilot(m): 2:48pm On Nov 16, 2009

This is not true.

We all come from different homes, it is ok to handle things differently.
A smart man doesn't fight his enemies.
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by Depilot(m): 2:51pm On Nov 16, 2009
Rejoicing over anyone's death is the lowest level anyone could go.
Even animals do not behave like this.
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by 2tait: 2:52pm On Nov 16, 2009
Is she really dead?
To me Maryam Babangida was a great woman!
She touched a lot of lives in many positive ways.
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by Sagamite(m): 2:54pm On Nov 16, 2009
Busta:

no matter the grudge or your judgement on this people, they have lived their lives.
Nothing can be done about the way they live or have lived your lives. Somethings happen for a reason, some people just like you and I exist for a reason.

Like I said before, Life goes on!!

You are demonstrating more of what I would refer to as lack of objective approach here as I suspected would be the case. It seems you just follow a societal template on this issue.

Nothing can be done about the way they have lived their lives, but a lot of scorn can change the way they would live their lives in future.

Knowing Nigerians have a lot of hate for their wife/mother even in death might ensure they don't have optimal fun living with their loot.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7)

Power Generation Drops From 4,708.3MW To 2,938MW / Disquiet In National Assembly As Clerk, Senior Officials Move To Extend Stay / Army Appoints Brigadier-General Mohammed Yerima As Spokesperson

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.