Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,049 members, 7,821,611 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:38 PM

Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? (15481 Views)

Aminu Tambuwal Marries Maryam Mairo-Mustapha (Photos) / Maryam Abacha & Her Daughters In Aso Rock (Throwback Pic) / Maryam Babangida And Princes Diana [Photo] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Go Down)

Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by Busta(f): 4:52pm On Nov 16, 2009
bawomolo:

I guess Bernie madoff had no fault also, God created him that way right. I agree the dead shouldn't be disrespect but it's no surprise people have mixed feelings about this. She ended up dying at the mercy of an health care system her husband failed to provide during his tenure. Who knows if she could have had an earlier diagnosis if Nigeria had a solid heath care system?

Whose fault was or is that?
and I tell you this . . .no one on this forum is in any better position than she was. It is easy for everyone to cast the first stone but search yourself first pple. We are all guilty!!
How have u tried to improve the situation in nigeria? how many homesless people have you helped or donated money to? how many orphaned kids out there do you really pay attention to? Maryam died, so did 2000 more people in the world.

bawomolo:

poor analogy considering America has tried to fix his flaws (civil rights bill, affirmative action), Nigeria still feels the wounds of Babanginda regime till this day, Maryam Babangida was also alleged to have embezzled money through her charity program.

poor or not poor, they are still in a better place than Nigeria. . . we can still learn a thing or 2 from them.
That was ma point.
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by foyeks2001(f): 4:55pm On Nov 16, 2009
r.i.p
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by Nobody: 4:57pm On Nov 16, 2009
She would have been hanged in a sane society long before she developed cancer.
I will personally question "god" if one of the fake Nigerian pastors does not confirm that Mariam have safely arrived HELL with her entourage.

By the way, whats it with all these fanatics here. Na by force to be religious?
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by Yoighaman(m): 4:59pm On Nov 16, 2009
No doubt, the IBB family’s stupendous wealth is the opportunity cost borne by our young women who die during child birth, the dilapidated school buildings meant to develop the minds of our people, the deplorable state of our roads that claim innocent lives, the wasted generation of our fathers, the unnecessary lives wasted during his regime, the aborted dreams of a great nation; we can go on and on.

The better if he apologizes and good if does not but I insist that if we must forge ahead as a nation, we need to forgive the past and IBB is part of that past.

Once again, Mariam Babangida, may your soul Rest in PERFECT peace.
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by Busta(f): 5:00pm On Nov 16, 2009
nuzo:

Nothing about religion or fanatics going on here.
Just like you, everyone is voicing their opinions.
Read well but u type/reply.
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by jaybee3(m): 5:03pm On Nov 16, 2009
Busta:

and I tell you this . . .no one on this forum is in any better position than she was. It is easy for everyone to cast the first stone but search yourself first pple. We are all guilty!!
How have u tried to improve the situation in nigeria? how many homesless people have you helped or donated money to? how many orphaned kids out there do you really pay attention to? Maryam died, so did 2000 more people in the world.

How is it the masses fault? some that live in Nigeria gladly pay their taxes, live within the law but 'em thieving politicians or ex-military rulers still proceeded to loot the treasury.
How can nigeria be improved when the thieving politicians don't set enablers in-place for well meaning nigerians?
They don't bloody empower us by the constant lootings that go on.

What you are failing to realise is countries like UK/US have brilliant healthcare industry because the taxes being paid her channeled through the right avenue. Plus the bloody love their citizens.

You also mentioned in one of your earlier post that "If that was the case, or if that is what you are basing this on, then every nigerian living abroad will be guilt of looting" i hope you know that not everyone living abroad is a product of treasury looters.

It's one thing to sympathise to a fellow human dying but you trying to justify what she represents makes me wonder
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by hbrednic: 5:07pm On Nov 16, 2009
no sympathy from my side.she can go to hell,who cares angry
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by Builder: 5:07pm On Nov 16, 2009
May her crazy soul rest in tatters!!!! those crazy people wreck this great nation. before i forget when is maradona going to die, i cant wait  tongue, infact her death is making me Hot
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by emyah(m): 5:09pm On Nov 16, 2009
all h s
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by Busta(f): 5:10pm On Nov 16, 2009
jay bee:

How is it the masses fault? some that live in Nigeria gladly pay their taxes, live within the law but 'em thieving politicians or ex-military rulers still proceeded to loot the treasury.
How can nigeria be improved when the thieving politicians don't set enablers in-place for well meaning nigerians?
They don't bloody empower us by the constant lootings that go on.
True no doubt about that some people live by the law and pay their taxes but not as compared to those that don’t. I am defending that Nigeria is corrupt. If that was the case, that would have been an entirely different topic.

jay bee:

What you are failing to realise is countries like UK/US have brilliant healthcare industry because the taxes being paid her channelled through the right avenue. Plus the bloody love their citizens.
My point exactly . . . why can’t we Nigerians do the same. All we is condemn, judge and criticize each other

jay bee:

You also mentioned in one of your earlier post that "If that was the case, or if that is what you are basing this on, then every Nigerian living abroad will be guilt of looting" i hope you know that not everyone living abroad is a product of treasury looters.

It's one thing to sympathise to a fellow human dying but you trying to justify what she represents makes me wonder

I am not the one doing the justification. HELLOOOO . . . If anything, I am doing the opposite. If you read all my post clearly rather than jumping the wagon, you would will that I was only replying to someone’s post by that comment. I was only countering saying what he already implied about IBB looting all Nigerian funds abroad.
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by naijaking1: 5:13pm On Nov 16, 2009
nuzo:

She would have been hanged in a sane society long before she developed cancer.
I will personally question "god" if one of the fake Nigerian pastors does not confirm that Mariam have safely arrived HELL with her entourage.

De fly wey no wan let the corpse rest is usually buried with it.
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by Busta(f): 5:15pm On Nov 16, 2009
Builder:

May her crazy soul rest in tatters!!!! those crazy people wreck this great nation. before i forget when is maradona going to die, i cant wait  tongue, infact her death is making me Hot
and this person assumes he/she is a sane human being?

Really Baseless talking to a whole lot of people here.
Ignorance and lack of proper education!!
computers and internet is so cheap these days so any tom dicck and harry can easily log onto the next and rant rubbish!!
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by Nobody: 5:19pm On Nov 16, 2009
RIP ,
all those celebrating the death of Maryam,u guys are just terrible
prob worse that IBB

wetin remain,una wan chop her dead boddy like vultures, nan wa oh
Human nature
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by Nobody: 5:24pm On Nov 16, 2009
naijaking1:

De fly wey no wan let the corpse rest is usually buried with it.

Come to think of it. . . Mariam was actually better than most Nigerian cowards like you. At least she was bold enough to defend both her gross atrocity and that of her husband's till death.
Grow some balls and talk straight instead of all these parable bullshi.t.
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by Builder: 5:27pm On Nov 16, 2009
Buster, for your information, its a free world ok, get that phrase in ur monkey skull. You are right, we have dickk, tom and harry here, i bet ur dad is tom, ur mum is dickk, and u are harry, useless goat. and never in ur life reply to my lyrics again even though its a free world
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by naijaking1: 5:27pm On Nov 16, 2009
nuzo:

Come to think of it. . . Mariam was actually better than most Nigerian cowards like you. At least she was bold enough to defend both her gross atrocity and that of her husband's till death.
Grow some balls and talk straight instead of all these parable bullshi.t.

Sorry for the parable. I forgot it takes some maturity and a little bit of formal education to understand parables undecided
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by Nobody: 5:32pm On Nov 16, 2009
naijaking1:

Sorry for the parable. I forgot it takes some maturity and a little bit of formal education to understand parables undecided

And your maturity and piles of degrees didnt teach you how to translate parables to normal English?. . . . Abegi.
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by Busta(f): 5:33pm On Nov 16, 2009
Builder:

Buster, for your information, its a free world ok, get that phrase in your monkey skull. You are right, we have dickk, tom and harry here, i bet your dad is tom, your mum is dickk, and u are harry, useless goat. and never in your life reply to my lyrics again even though its a free world

whoa. . . I sure know how to hit a nerve.  tongue
You've done nothing but proven yourself to be a confirmed retard and an illiterate.
makes u feel any better dragging my folks into this? Very Immature!!

Besides . . I was right, ignorance and lack or proper education.
The nickname is B-U-S-T-A and not buster . . . gat it??
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by cre8tivity(f): 5:35pm On Nov 16, 2009
the 2 words i have been looking for are: HOPELESS COWARDS.
so, the only way we can fight back in nigeria is to wait for the wives of our bad leaders to die?
it's completely absurd and a clear indication why this country remains on the floor. if this is our plans to fight bad or corrupt leaders in nigeria, i'm afraid and very sorry to let you people know that we have a very long way to go.
babangida's wife is dying, but sanni abacha's son is about to become the next governor of kano, another saraki is about to claim another top position in kwara, furthermore, one of babangida's children is also looking to claim another top position in abuja; so what difference does it make that maryam is dying? why are we here celebrating? and what exactly are we celebrating?
we need to stop thinking backwards, roll up our sleeves and find a better method to move forward. rejoicing that another human beings (good or bad) is fighting for her life is definitely not the way.
but one thing is certain: God is great, he knows today and tomorrow, and he isn't a nigerian. therefore, there is a light at the end of the tunnel for maryam babangida.
i pray for maryam's speedy recovery
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by Busta(f): 5:47pm On Nov 16, 2009
cre8tivity:

so, the only way we can fight back in nigeria is to wait for the wives of our bad leaders to die?
it's completely absurd and a clear indication why this country remains on the floor. if this is our plans to fight bad or corrupt leaders in nigeria, i'm afraid and very sorry to let you people know that we have a very long way to go.
babangida's wife is dying, but sanni abacha's son is about to become the next governor of kano, another saraki is about to claim another top position in kwara, furthermore, one of babangida's children is also looking to claim another top position in abuja; so what difference does it make that maryam is dying? why are we here celebrating? and what exactly are we celebrating?
we need to stop thinking backwards, roll up our sleeves and find a better method to move forward. rejoicing that another human beings (good or bad) is fighting for her life is definitely not the way.
but one thing is certain: God is great, he knows today and tomorrow, and he isn't a nigerian. therefore, there is a light at the end of the tunnel for maryam babangida.

I sooooo wanna give you an Hi-5 right now.
Spoken like an educated person . . . you just captured my points in a nut shell.
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by Nobody: 5:53pm On Nov 16, 2009
@ Busta, easy oh! You wan fight? If u dey 9ja not Canada, u for know better. As I dey type this, na Generator. Let us all share the money 9ja has and complaint will end.
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by Busta(f): 5:55pm On Nov 16, 2009
ferdiii:

@ Busta, easy oh! You wan fight?

lol . . . fight who? no point.
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by idiopathic: 6:08pm On Nov 16, 2009
I really don't understand why anyone would shed tears at the death of Maryam Babangida.
This was a family that carted away our commonwealth resulting in the current sordid state of our motherland.

I can still vividly remember the way her husband sent mobile police officers to shoot students following a demostration about Maryam's alledged business dealings in France. A number of studenst lost their lives, who wept for them?

It is unfortunate that the black man seem to have very short memory and that is why we don't learn from history. We keep repeating same mistakes.
Both Maryam and her husband's policies have resulted in the death of millions of nigerians from:
a) malnutrition
b) accidents from bad roads
c) assaults and deaths from armed robbers
d) untimely deaths from treatable diseases in our poorly equipped hospitals.

she was a very powerful first lady and could have efected change if she desired, but instead was busy shopping at major western capitals.

I will not shed a drop of tear for her. I wish she had actually died from esophageal cancer which would have been a more prolonged and agonising death.

History is replete with wifes of dictators and in the event of revolutions, they have perished with their husbands. The russian, french and recently the romanian revolution are good examples.

Maryam reminds me of Imelda Marcus and no one should mourn her. This should be  a wake-up call to  those currently in power,  of the fate that awaits them even in death.
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by naijaking1: 6:17pm On Nov 16, 2009
nuzo:

And your maturity and piles of degrees didnt teach you how to translate parables to normal English?. . . . Abegi.

With what language do you want me to bring the parable down to your level?
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by Nobody: 6:27pm On Nov 16, 2009
naijaking1:

With what language do you want me to bring the parable down to your level?

In normal English sentences. Not with Igbo parables.
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by JNdupu: 6:29pm On Nov 16, 2009
True word.  Her legacy will not stand any historical scrutiny no matter how white it will be washed in the coming days.  I think the mystique of our ancient taboos related to death and fear of karma is what motivates most of the omashes here even though they know the truth as well.

I will rather reserve my sympathy for the downtrodden.

idiopathic:

It is unfortunate that the black man seem to have very short memory and that is why we don't learn from history. We keep repeating same mistakes. Both Maryam and her husbands policies have resulted in the death of millions of nigerians from:
a) malnutrition
b) accidents from bad roads
c) assaults and deaths from armed robbers
d) untimely deaths from treatable diseases in our poorly equipped hospitals.
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by tkb417(m): 6:39pm On Nov 16, 2009
Poor Busta, I should have warned you!
Old model honda car to dramatize attitudes towards the dead
You could have been better off arguing with a 5-year old in your own family.
Naijaking, did you type this?

hmm, you're a proper ignoramus and i wouldnt wanna show you how dumb u sounded with that post

All you had to do was ask Sagamite about his classic use of a car in "ending the discussing". Since you had no clue, i'll appeal to Saga to come back just once to pep u up.

@Busta
long time babes

I got your points;  we shldnt celebrate/castigate the dead but the way uve been going about with ur points really beats me hands down
nyways, we all have got rights to express ourselves
so its cool

@Topic
may her soul rest in peace
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by Nobody: 6:47pm On Nov 16, 2009
tkb417:

Naijaking, did you type this?

hmm, you're a proper ignoramus and i wouldnt wanna show you how dumb u sounded with that post

All you had to do was ask Sagamite about his classic use of a car in "ending the discussing". Since you had no clue, i'll appeal to Saga to come back just once to pep u up.

And the ever dumb Naijaking referred to me as immature and uneducated for asking him to explain an irrelevant parable he was using to cover his cowardice and sycophancy.
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by Sagamite(m): 6:55pm On Nov 16, 2009
Busta:

poor or not poor, they are still in a better place than Nigeria. . . we can still learn a thing or 2 from them.
That was ma point.

More poor arguments.

Comparing someone looting the public funds and saying we are in the same if we don't practice charity (that will not be required, by the way, if government did their job instead of stealing).

I pay my taxes in the UK and the gov does there part by using it for good, no one is demanding I take in an orphan or the likes.

As I said, I don't debate at this level.
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by tkb417(m): 6:57pm On Nov 16, 2009
it's  completely absurd and a clear indication why this country remains on the floor. if this is our plans to fight bad or corrupt leaders in nigeria, i'm afraid and very sorry to let you people know that we have a very long way to go.
U havent said a thing. Stop juggling between words and let clarity be your watchword when u wanna enlighten people.

na wa
ure here castigating those on the offensive and yet ure raising dusts about the newly found status of their cronies
are you for real or you just dont know when not to say nothing?

just so you know; celebrating or mouring the dead has got nothing to do with nation building or the development of a state. An average Nigerian has at least the right to pour invectives on whosoever they think has benefitted from defrauding them. If your point is for us to respect the dead, then the living should remember not to misbehave knowing fully well, death is inevitable

but
one thing is certain: God is great, he knows today and tomorrow, and he isn't a nigerian. therefore, there is a light at the end of the tunnel for maryam babangida.
? lost here

you would have gone unnoticed if you'd posted only this line
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by tkb417(m): 6:59pm On Nov 16, 2009
nuzo:

And the ever dumb Naijaking referred to me as immature and uneducated for asking him to explain an irrelevant parable he was using to cover his cowardice and sycophancy.
are you not happy you know those that cannot debate at ur level?
when next you see him, avoid him

we all cannot be brilliant
fact!
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by tkb417(m): 7:07pm On Nov 16, 2009
True word. Her legacy will not stand any historical scrutiny no matter how white it will be washed in the coming days. I think the mystique of our ancient taboos related to death and fear of karma is what motivates most of the omashes here even though they know the truth as well.

I will rather reserve my sympathy for the downtrodden.
we are on the same page

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7)

Igp Gets 24 Hours To Produce Boko Haram Escapee Or Be Sacked! / Buhari: Forces In APC, PDP Trying To Remove President – Northern Group / Nigeria’s Economy Slipping - World Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.