Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,133 members, 7,821,874 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:41 PM

Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? (15482 Views)

Aminu Tambuwal Marries Maryam Mairo-Mustapha (Photos) / Maryam Abacha & Her Daughters In Aso Rock (Throwback Pic) / Maryam Babangida And Princes Diana [Photo] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Go Down)

Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by Megadeals: 8:25pm On Nov 16, 2009
Remii:

[b]IBB family says Maryam is alive

Abuja, Nov. 16, 2009 The family of former Military President Ibrahim Babangida says Maryam Babangida is alive.

The family made the clarification in a statement issued on Monday in Abuja in reaction to a rumour making rounds that the former First Lady is dead.

The statement, signed by Ibrahim Ismail, Special Assistant to the former president, described the rumour as ``untrue, cruel and malicious’’.

``The IBB family wishes to assure Nigerians and well wishers all over the world that the matriarch of the family Hajiya Maryam Babangida is alive and not dead.

``We wish to state unequivocally that the rumour which says she passed on at a Hospital oversea was a calculated attempt to create mischief.

``Albeit, the power to give life or take life belongs to Allah. As people of faith, the Babangida family believe that at the appointed time, every soul shall revert to its creator,’’ it said.

``We would like to use this medium to thank all the people who have communicated with the family to ascertain the true position of Hajiya,’’ it added. (END)

[/b] [/size]

Shall we then say, the news of her death has been greatly exerggerated?
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by Depilot(m): 8:33pm On Nov 16, 2009
Let's hope for the best.
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by Builder: 8:38pm On Nov 16, 2009
This indeed is the beginning of good things to come, wives of bastards dying like fried chicken, just cant wait for all of them to die one by one
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by Radiant(f): 8:41pm On Nov 16, 2009
Which one una deh na She die abi she no die? embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by switch47(m): 8:46pm On Nov 16, 2009
Mahatma Gandhi  says
Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.”   SWITCH Says-      Whatever Maryam and her Huband must have done, let him who is without sin be the first to cast a stone-----There are better ways to show Displeasure  at peoples's past deeds and its effect. The way one does it goes a long way to show what we ourselves are deep down. it is in this we know the differnce between mature and childish rant, between mindless Urttrances and intelligently voiced reservation. it is not Only what we say that convey a message but HOW WE SAY IT!! most times how people say it defeats the purpose of what said by showing that deep down they are worse than the object!!
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by Remii(m): 8:50pm On Nov 16, 2009
Builder:

This indeed is the beginning of good things to come, wives of bastards dying like fried chicken, just cant wait for all of them to die one by one

There is no connection btw their dying anyhow with how they ruled us. Everybody dies so no gain in rejoicing over anybody's death. Even as the news of their sickness make headlines their victims still die unsung every day of lesser sicknesses. They never told you they would not die, infact it is fear of death and poverty that make some steal so much for their unborn 20th generations. Instead of waiting for death days of wicked leaders we should find a way of getting good leaders in place, in my opinion.
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by rasputinn(m): 8:55pm On Nov 16, 2009
switch47:

Mahatma Gandhi says
Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” SWITCH Says- Whatever Maryam and her Huband must have done, let him who is without sin be the first to cast a stone-----There are better ways to show Displeasure at peoples's past deeds and its effect. The way one does it goes a long way to show what we ourselves are deep down. it is in this we know the differnce between mature and childish rant, between mindless Urttrances and intelligently voiced reservation. it is not Only what we say that convey a message but HOW WE SAY IT!! most times how people say it defeats the purpose of what said by showing that deep down they are worse than the object!!

Mannnnnnnnn,switch I never knew you were this deep,big ups bro

I'm so shocked and ashamed of ALL the wicked posts on this thread made against this woman (even in death allegedly),some people really are really something else
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by smurf1(f): 8:56pm On Nov 16, 2009
Builder:

This indeed is the beginning of good things to come,   wives of bastards dying like fried chicken, just cant wait for all of them to die one by one

oh no, that's a bit harsh undecided
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by blackweaver(m): 8:57pm On Nov 16, 2009
@depilot by best do u mean worst?
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by MrCrackles(m): 8:58pm On Nov 16, 2009
Builder:

Can a fried chicken die shocked shocked shocked
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by tkb417(m): 9:00pm On Nov 16, 2009
~smurf:

oh no, that's a bit harsh undecided
**ahem**
this life ehn?
its k angry

MrCrackles:

lmao
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by redsun(m): 9:00pm On Nov 16, 2009
Death is an easy way out for somebody like mariam at this point.She should live to go throgh the pains and rigours of helplessness that she and her husband  have put so many nigerian into with their neferious acts.
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by Builder: 9:01pm On Nov 16, 2009
lol, buster, u said u touched a nerve, what a plonker!!!!  listen, i no get ya time, i know replyin ma lyrics turns u on.  tha bytch been replyin to every post here, that shows its either she gat no life, sick or just a loner. anyways keep replyin to ma lyrics , its a free world
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by ProAnti: 9:16pm On Nov 16, 2009
Its so sad seeing people wish fellow humans evil.

Have we forgot the "Better Life Programme" so soon?
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by Depilot(m): 9:29pm On Nov 16, 2009
I will not be surprised if this lady comes back strong enough to bury all her enemies (the evil wishers).
God has a systematical ways of operation.
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by enattoe(m): 9:33pm On Nov 16, 2009
May her soul rest in perfect peace amen as Nigeria has lost a great person
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by redsun(m): 9:38pm On Nov 16, 2009
Pro Anti:

Its so sad seeing people wish fellow humans evil.

Have we forgot the "Better Life Programme" so soon?

Betterlife for rural people was just another avenue used by mariam and her cohorts to enmass more wealth.

All they did in most rural areas was mount a cassava grinding machine to serve a community of like five thousand people and as should be expected,the machines break down after a couple of months and that is the end of the story.
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by switch47(m): 9:39pm On Nov 16, 2009
@rasputinn

Deep?! well Switch wasnt originaly created to express things that way!! the problem is the guy behind switch sometimes speak thru him.Check most comments on nairaland- its filled with name calling, flaming (super Nova ) of the worst kind. There is so much traffic on the site but it is difficult to stay after so much insults from young and old hiding behind the internet shield.and if you decide to remain on the site.  you either blend and become reckless like most users or get infected in some other way.

Back to maryam
 She is still alive though ill. Yesterday's reality may not be todays reality.if you think not ask Apostle Paul !!
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by naijaking1: 9:44pm On Nov 16, 2009
MrCrackles:

This question underlines the disagreement on this thread.
Some believe that a fried chicken is dead, while others believe that even though it's dead, the chicken needs to be punished a little bit more, because it was a naughty chicken when it was alife.!
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by cvibe: 9:59pm On Nov 16, 2009
??
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by surveyProf(m): 10:17pm On Nov 16, 2009
May her gentle soul rest in peace.
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by mikeoscar: 10:25pm On Nov 16, 2009
Seun,
Can you please shutdown this thread now and save us all these intellectual calisthenics going on here, sweet lawd!!.

At least you got your "winner" already, Mrs Babangida isn't dead afterall.
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by idiopathic: 10:31pm On Nov 16, 2009
Maryam is only prolonging her life with the aid of stolen money it is a futile effort.
Most people prefer to spend their last days in their own home but instead.
If her husband had funded our hospitals, she should have been cared for in Minna in the company of family and friends.
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by malali: 10:35pm On Nov 16, 2009
SHE IS DEAD!!!
ITS JUST ANOTHER MARADONA STRATEGY TO PREVENT JUBILATION IN THE STREETS
THEY HAVE STOLEN FROM THE MASSES,THE UNBORN CHILDREN cry
THEY HAVE ENSLAVED "COUNTRY MEN" cry
THEY HAVE KILLED NIGERIANS cry
THEY HAVE LOOTED A WHOLE COUNTRY'S MONEY cry
THEY HAVE DRIVEN YOUTHS ABROAD AS THEY HAVE RAPED AND SODOMIZED THE NATIONAL TREASURY cry
THEY HAVE MURDERED FRIENDS-MAMMAN VATSA cry
THEY HAVE BOMBED CONTEMPORARIES cry
THEY HAVE STOLEN MANDATES cry
THEY HAVE MARRIED THEIR CHILDREN OUT TO 54 YEAR OLD MEN WITH 3 WIVES cry
MAY ALLAH PUT THEM IN THE DEEPEST PART OF HELL FIRE cry
AMIN, wink
FOR THOSE OF YOU THAT ARE PRAYING TO GOD TO SAVE HER SOUL, GOD WILL TAKE SIDES ON THIS ISSUE
AND WE WILL EVENTUALLY SEE WHOS SIDE HE TAKES,
AMIN grin
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by mikeoscar: 10:42pm On Nov 16, 2009
Seun!!!!!!!!!!!!!! abi kilo tie ni onje gan, pls do something now, ah, ahn!
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by Mamajama(m): 11:00pm On Nov 16, 2009
As everyone knows on this forum I am a big critic of IBB never the less I saw my uncle died of Cancer 2 months ago in Chicago. I will not wish my worst enemy to die a death of Cancer.
I pray for MRS Babangida and my God save her soul
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by centnaira: 11:13pm On Nov 16, 2009
if na ur sister marry ibb u go run leave am?
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by Sagamite(m): 11:22pm On Nov 16, 2009
Hope she still dies.

Just wish it is slower to extend the distress.

Lets see whether private jet is still her desires.
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by mubaraqqq(f): 11:26pm On Nov 16, 2009
This is the problem with Nigerians and Africans. What good has this woman done for you, that you are wishing her soul rest in peace. Do know how many deaths she and her husband caused because of all the money they stole.

Is that mother that lost her husband because they did not fix the road. Is the mother who lost her baby because of no proper health care. It is also the mother that lost her son to arm robbers because of lack of security.

So screw Maryam  Babangida  and her husband, if she is not dead I wish her a painful, slow death. Because when all the above people died what the hell did she do?
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by Busta(f): 11:42pm On Nov 16, 2009
Builder:

lol, buster,  u said u touched a nerve,  what a plonker!!!!  listen, i no get ya time, i know replyin ma lyrics turns u on.  tha bytch been replyin to every post here, that shows its either she gat no life, sick or just a loner. anyways keep replyin to ma lyrics ,  its a free world

u call your gibberish, lyrics?? one word for you . . . "Buffoon"
check that in your lyrics dictionary and while u are at that . . .get your eyes checked as well . . Its Busta and Buster . . boorish dolt!!

U take the crown for a complete nincompoop. . . A million of your type don't come close to my shoes. I don't you . . .blame it on the net!
F***king slowpoke!
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by smurf1(f): 11:49pm On Nov 16, 2009
tkb417:

**ahem**
this life ehn?
its k angry
lmao
well i see you have been catching your fun embarassed lipsrsealed undecided
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by KukuraontheMove(m): 12:28am On Nov 17, 2009
A society that does not provide repercussions and commendations for actions taken while alive is doomed to implode as we can see in Nigeria. Someone actually stole youir resources and messed up up an entire country and people whio are supposed to be enlightened are here defending them? Whats wrong with you all? Whats our health system like? Education? The officers killed in the Hercules aircraft crash and their families living without appropriate compensation? What system do we have for righting wrongs? Where is Dele Giwa? Do we know what happened to his children? Who took care of them? You come here and wax spiritual about life and death happening to us all! Hypocrisy!!!!!

There seems to a latent waiting or holding position to justify selfish decadent actions of an equally decadent elite or ruling and thieving class just because you or someone you know may get there soon and you dont want to spoil or jeopardise your chances! Juxtapose nigeria's resources and our potentials and look at what or where we are right now. We should look for an evil forest and throw their rotten corpses there! Can anyone remember on the day the bastard was handing over or "stepping aside", what Marymam was saying on air not knowing that the mike was picking her voice? No!!! Of course not! Selective Memory!
WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU ALL Nonsense

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7)

Igp Gets 24 Hours To Produce Boko Haram Escapee Or Be Sacked! / Atiku’s Posters Flood Katsina PDP Secretariat / Splendour Oko Eze Accuses Abure Of Collecting ₦‎200M Bribe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.