Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,172 members, 7,821,973 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:09 PM

Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? (15483 Views)

Aminu Tambuwal Marries Maryam Mairo-Mustapha (Photos) / Maryam Abacha & Her Daughters In Aso Rock (Throwback Pic) / Maryam Babangida And Princes Diana [Photo] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Go Down)

Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by Megadeals: 7:09pm On Nov 16, 2009
Is she really dead or could this be just a rumor?
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by Sagamite(m): 7:12pm On Nov 16, 2009
tkb417:

are you not happy you know those that cannot debate at your level?
when next you see him, avoid him

we all cannot be brilliant
fact!

An utter slowpoke, not worth one's time.
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by bawomolo(m): 7:19pm On Nov 16, 2009
Whose fault was or is that?
and I tell you this . . .no one on this forum is in any better position than she was. It is easy for everyone to cast the first stone but search yourself first pple. We are all guilty!!
How have u tried to improve the situation in nigeria? how many homesless people have you helped or donated money to? how many orphaned kids out there do you really pay attention to? Maryam died, so did 2000 more people in the world.

I don't get it, how does I donating to charity (which i have before) change the fact that the babangida regime with the help of programs such as Mariam's NGO embezzled money.    She represents an era of excessive flamboyance by first ladies who feign an interest in the lives of women and kids (where is her organization now).  we may all be guilty but most of us would never be in a position of power similar to that of the deceased and her husband.   She stood by her husband and their legacies are tied together.

poor or not poor, they are still in a better place than Nigeria. . . we can still learn a thing or 2 from them.
That was ma point.

America is in a better place because it's able to accept the mistake of it's leaders.   The likes of Bernie Madoff are rottenness in American jails while the likes of IBB are party chieftains.   What are we going to learn if you let tradition stop us from judging the dead?
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by Sagamite(m): 7:22pm On Nov 16, 2009
bawomolo:

I don't get it, how does I donating to charity (which i have before) change the fact that the babangida regime with the help of programs such as Mariam's NGO embezzled money.    She represents an era of excessive flamboyance by first ladies who feign an interest in the lives of women and kids (where is her organization now). we may all be guilty but most of us would never be in a position of power similar to that of the deceased and her husband. She stood by her her husband and their legacies are tied together.

If you get it, you are dumb.

So good thing you did not get it. undecided
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by Busta(f): 7:25pm On Nov 16, 2009
exactly what happens when Dumb meets Dumber!
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by bawomolo(m): 7:26pm On Nov 16, 2009
Sagamite:

If you get it, you are dumb.

So good thing you did not get it.  undecided

i know right.  What's the role of government if it can't provide for its citizens?  

I see no reason why her legacy can't be discussed, in a tasteful manner of course.

Busta:

exactly what happens when Dumb meets Dumber!

ha when your argument runs out, use insults.

perfect
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by GTay(m): 7:29pm On Nov 16, 2009
cant believe the story just yet
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by Busta(f): 7:30pm On Nov 16, 2009
bawomolo:

ha when your argument runs out, use insults.

perfect

not really . . .it is just pointless arguing with empty drums . . .I love my sanity.

Besides. . . did I mention your name? unless u feel that was directed at you.
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by GTay(m): 7:31pm On Nov 16, 2009
shocked
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by tkb417(m): 7:32pm On Nov 16, 2009
lol. u guys are funny
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by GTay(m): 7:32pm On Nov 16, 2009
Megadeals:

Is she really dead or could this be just a rumor?

No confirmation just yet, but its sad that 9jans have already jumped to conclusions
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by bawomolo(m): 7:33pm On Nov 16, 2009
Busta:

not really . . .it is just pointless arguing with empty drums . . .I love my sanity.

Besides. . . did I mention your name? unless u feel that was directed at you.

yes you are really smart. you go girl
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by tkb417(m): 7:38pm On Nov 16, 2009
GTay:

No confirmation just yet, but its sad that 9jans have already jumped to conclusions
na wa o. the woman isnt dead yet sef?
so whts the aggro for?

hehe
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by Busta(f): 7:41pm On Nov 16, 2009
tkb417:

so whts the aggro for?

hehe

Hey . . .sup wit ya?
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by Nobody: 7:43pm On Nov 16, 2009
still unconfirmed,
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by tkb417(m): 7:45pm On Nov 16, 2009
Busta:

Hey . . .sup wit ya?
im aite
and u? u back on NL?
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by Busta(f): 7:47pm On Nov 16, 2009
tkb417:

im aite
and u? u back on NL?

very well . . .thanks, just got a lil bit of time on my hands.
I see things haven't changed, if anything . . better still, worse with a whole lotta newbies. . .
Guess I didn't miss much. cool
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by Depilot(m): 7:47pm On Nov 16, 2009
It has not been confirmed. If you pay attention, you'll see that credible news sources around the world are being very careful and aren't confirming the news. The only cheap site that has posted the confirmation this morning has already been shut down.
Let's up for the best.
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by Sagamite(m): 7:48pm On Nov 16, 2009
tkb417:

so whts the aggro for?

hehe

I hope not.

Let the cancer kill her a bit more slowly.
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by naijaking1: 7:50pm On Nov 16, 2009
tkb417:

Naijaking, did you type this?

hmm, you're a proper ignoramus and i wouldnt wanna show you how dumb u sounded with that post

All you had to do was ask Sagamite about his classic use of a car in "ending the discussing". Since you had no clue, i'll appeal to Saga to come back just once to pep u up.

Oh yes, I wrote it, not just type it. I have no apologies for either you, Sagemite or whatever the hell he calls himself, and not to speak of nuzo, and all you mothe-f--king teenagers out there who think that hauling insults at people who disagree with you is the best way to attract attention. There're 2 options for you:
1. Lacth onto Maryam Babangida's dead body, so that you both could be buried together
2. Eat her dead body as a punishement for the sins she committed against your dumb a-ses while she was alive.
Either of these options will surely bring you down to her current level---dead.

nuzo:

And the ever dumb Naijaking referred to me as immature and uneducated for asking him to explain an irrelevant parable he was using to cover his cowardice and sycophancy.

And you claimed you didn't understand my language? Like I said before, you can hold on physically or mentally to Mrs IBB as much as you want, she's dead, and gone. You could of course join her, because you don't want to let go.

Posting pictures of old and used cars to show that he's reached the end of his discussion is so so so soooooooooooo childish. Next time, he will post picture of another used to car to show us that he has a babyboy?
You guys should go back to your high school debating societies.
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by tkb417(m): 7:52pm On Nov 16, 2009
Busta:

very well . . .thanks, just got a lil bit of time on my hands.
I see things haven't changed, if anything . . better still, worse with a whole lotta newbies. . .
Guess I didn't miss much. cool
lol!
Sagamite is someone you'll love to exchange words with. Hes one of the few brilliant ones around.

nyways, relax.

so hw is Canada? u comin to UK soon? grin
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by tkb417(m): 7:53pm On Nov 16, 2009
Depilot:

It has not been confirmed. If you pay attention, you'll see that credible news sources around the world are being very careful and aren't confirming the news. The only cheap site that has posted the confirmation this morning has already been shut down.
Let's up for the best.
i hope she survives it sha grin
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by tkb417(m): 7:56pm On Nov 16, 2009
Oh yes, I wrote it, not just type it. I have no apologies for either you, Sagemite or whatever the hell he calls himself, and not to speak of nuzo, and all you mothe-f--king teenagers out there who think that hauling insults at people who disagree with you is the best way to attract attention. There're 2 options for you:
1. Lacth onto Maryam Babangida's dead body, so that you both could be buried together
2. Eat her dead body as a punishement for the sins she committed against your dumb a-ses while she was alive.

and see who is not a teenager?

in the posse of the dimwits, ull be a crown prince
haha, u want to exchange words with moi?
u'll be dead in 2 mins

lets roll grin
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by naijaking1: 8:00pm On Nov 16, 2009
tkb417:

lol!
Sagamite is someone you'll love to exchange words with. Hes one of the few brilliant ones around.

nyways, relax.

Haaa-a grin
In the land of the blind, one-eyed man becomes king.
Ooops, another confusing parable for nuzo?
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by Busta(f): 8:01pm On Nov 16, 2009
tkb417:

lol!
nyways, relax.

as tempting as it may seem . . . i'll pass on that.

Canada is gettingcold. . . heck, Life is good!!
hope to be there sometime next month or so.
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by Remii(m): 8:04pm On Nov 16, 2009
[b]IBB family says Maryam is alive

Abuja, Nov. 16, 2009 The family of former Military President Ibrahim Babangida says Maryam Babangida is alive.

The family made the clarification in a statement issued on Monday in Abuja in reaction to a rumour making rounds that the former First Lady is dead.

The statement, signed by Ibrahim Ismail, Special Assistant to the former president, described the rumour as ``untrue, cruel and malicious’’.

``The IBB family wishes to assure Nigerians and well wishers all over the world that the matriarch of the family Hajiya Maryam Babangida is alive and not dead.

``We wish to state unequivocally that the rumour which says she passed on at a Hospital oversea was a calculated attempt to create mischief.

``Albeit, the power to give life or take life belongs to Allah. As people of faith, the Babangida family believe that at the appointed time, every soul shall revert to its creator,’’ it said.

``We would like to use this medium to thank all the people who have communicated with the family to ascertain the true position of Hajiya,’’ it added. (END)

[/b] [/size]
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by tkb417(m): 8:06pm On Nov 16, 2009
naijaking1:

And you claimed you didn't understand my language? Like I said before, you can hold on physically or mentally to Mrs IBB as much as you want, she's dead, and gone. You could of course join her, because you don't want to let go.

Posting pictures of old and used cars to show that he's reached the end of his discussion is so so so soooooooooooo childish. Next time, he will post picture of another used to car to show us that he has a babyboy?
You guys should go back to your high school debating societies.
haha
u need a license to talk to me. Not your mate
u cant speak not write english dumbo and u wanna air ur views where real people are talking
u havent earned the right yet

u need a cardboard or a writing slate to learn how and how not to write
Arrow  cheesy Done with ya for the day

Busta:

as tempting as it may seem . . . i'll pass on that.

Canada is gettingcold. . . heck, Life is good!!
hope to be there sometime next month or so.

lol; ok. when you get there, let us know

i'll be with sagamite grin grin grin

relax joh, nothn biggie
u disagree to agree. k?

Remii
shes alive?; thank God o
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by kirkmikel: 8:13pm On Nov 16, 2009
Prosecuted for what I ask you for being a good woman behind a succesful man or for protecting her territory and her offsprings abeg keep your judgements to yourself Maryam no die and she no go die whether you like it or not . And even if she does die how will dat benefit you and all other judges like you,do you know when you will die, what kind of death will kill you, what you would be caught dead doing .
Nairaland please place age restrictions on this site so that we can have more sensible and mature contributions to issues can you also barr cretins from accessing this website please.
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by Sagamite(m): 8:13pm On Nov 16, 2009
@tkb,

Omo naa ko da mor!  grin
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by LadyT(f): 8:16pm On Nov 16, 2009
Is she or isnt she?

We all know stolen money is keeping her alive in a well air conditioned private hospital.  Her husband probably flew her there in a private jet  (https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-207142.0.html)

Shameless vermin.  Shes lucky to be dying of cancer she has a long and painful death ahead of her and a chance to ask for forgiveness.

But something tells me this Jezebel is going up in flames
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by udezue(m): 8:18pm On Nov 16, 2009
Naw she is in Houston TX close to where I stay.
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by naijaking1: 8:23pm On Nov 16, 2009
I wish Mrs IBB well, well enough to answer many of these allegations against her.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7)

SSS Officer's Children Killed In Their Mother’s Presence / EXCLUSIVE: Soldiers Kill Civilians, Raze Village In Bauchi *pics* / Arms Scandal: Air Force To Retire Avms, Commodores

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.