Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,797 members, 7,810,075 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:06 PM

What Does It Take To Register A Political Party? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Does It Take To Register A Political Party? (9743 Views)

The New Age Qualification To Run For A Political Office In Nigeria By Senate / 2019: Inec To Register 5 New Parties (tribune) / "Advanced PDP": Makarfi Faction To Register A New Party (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Does It Take To Register A Political Party? by Nikeruka(m): 10:06am On Dec 18, 2016
I will be ready to do anything possible to see the success of this..i think we can even form the party here where interested members will first join and latter we can always discuss the line of actions as regards registration and others..i am tired of these politicians, i have stopped voting for these useless people.... Youths let start this

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Does It Take To Register A Political Party? by akintho(m): 10:11am On Dec 18, 2016
Ask4Info:
Hello Dear Politically savvy Nairalanders,

With a heavy heart and all seriously while expecting Fully mature responses, i will like to find out the following:

1) What does it take to Register a Political Party?

2) What documents does INEC require?

3) What about is required and how much should be the least minimum balance of the parties account at any given time?

4) What is the minimum number of members who can form a political party?

Fellow Nigerian youths, the time has come for we all to seize permanently the political mantle from these greedy and heartless men and women who from 1960 till date care only about the stomach, large accounts and their loved ones. They unite in looting the country dry while turning the general populace against themselves.

Come 2019, even if we the youths (4years and below) have not fully succeeded in chasing these greeding folks from our political terrain, by 2023 show should have stamped our feet in take over leadership.

Irrespective of gender, religion, ethnicity, educational and financial status, now is the time to unite to determine our future and that of our children

have also thought of this....this is time for us to wake up..am all ready to join in this pursuit.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does It Take To Register A Political Party? by Enaburekhanjosh(m): 10:11am On Dec 18, 2016
doubleportion:
You must have offices in all state capital of t the federation

not all the states, but at least 22 states, and your headquarters in Abuja

2 Likes

Re: What Does It Take To Register A Political Party? by Nobody: 10:14am On Dec 18, 2016
seXytOhbAd:
1. Money - a lot of money
2. Balls. When thugs come for you and your members, you will need to fight.
3. Registered address. For obvious reasons. You cannot have a party without headquarters.
4. Membership of at least 200 pawns, and 10 officers. They will constitute the National working committee and other committees.
5. Money. Did I mention money earlier? My bad, it's just that you really need money to make your politics sweet. Imagine trying to go for the office of LG chairman with a budget of 500k....Now imagine you ran with a budget of 150million Naira. Got it? Good.
6. You also need a GOOD lie generator. I'd advise you hire Tonyebarcanista or Lai Muhammed. Tonye is still a learner and Lair Muhammed is currently unreachable at the moment. Maybe if pdp wins 2019,he will port there as well.
7. Lastly, you need to have at least 5 national pastors (Oritsejafor, oyedepo, adeboye etc), 1 regional priest (Mbaka), and several babalawos and Muslim clerics on retainer. They will stir the pot for you.
Oh you also need to have jobless bloggers like that guy(please furnish me with his name jared something) to spread propaganda for you. Money is the principal commodity sha.

I call this the manual to success.
So on point, in fact the possibility of u being a youth is from zero to non negligible , Nice summary dear.
Re: What Does It Take To Register A Political Party? by NuFarma(m): 10:24am On Dec 18, 2016
It's time we young Nigerians come together and usher in the true change/transformation the country needs.

Let's stop treading the same path as the ones before us....

UNITY us the key.

4 Likes

Re: What Does It Take To Register A Political Party? by seribroo56(m): 10:26am On Dec 18, 2016

1 Like

Re: What Does It Take To Register A Political Party? by Ichiebullion(m): 10:28am On Dec 18, 2016
Let's do dis... I'm so game.. Op pm me let's get started ASAP..

1 Like

Re: What Does It Take To Register A Political Party? by HQuadreal: 10:29am On Dec 18, 2016
Hmmm.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Does It Take To Register A Political Party? by Ahmadgani(m): 10:29am On Dec 18, 2016
you need a heavyweight political party to sponsor you secretly though.
Re: What Does It Take To Register A Political Party? by MORNDEW(m): 10:31am On Dec 18, 2016
Which Nigerian Youths? The ones I see their illiterate and tribal comments here? An average Nigerian youth knows nothing.
Re: What Does It Take To Register A Political Party? by MORNDEW(m): 10:31am On Dec 18, 2016
Which Nigerian Youths? The ones I see their illiterate and tribal comments here? An average Nigerian youth knows nothing than to come online disgrace themselves.

2 Likes

Re: What Does It Take To Register A Political Party? by akintho(m): 10:32am On Dec 18, 2016
Olaide1295:
This is a very noble idea and I have been thinking of it for a while too. We have to be pragmatic about it if we want success.
My advice:
1. Let some 5-7 ppl who have the passion, time and knowhow form a WhatsApp group in the beginning.
2. Come up with eligibility requirements for potential members( a small fee may be included)
3. Create a Google form to accept entries(Name,emails, DOB, local government and state etc.
4. A quarterly meeting will be held. It is at that meeting that real matters will be discussed.

Since it'll be a revolution, we need movers and shakers.

am ready to be involved.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does It Take To Register A Political Party? by exotique1: 10:36am On Dec 18, 2016
There's already a registered youth political party called Young Democratic Party which is also planning to unveil herself to the public soon. And mind you, it is easy for the likes of Tinubu to just go and register and float another party and put youth there to twart our effort. We have to be careful and shine our eyes

2 Likes

Re: What Does It Take To Register A Political Party? by exotique1: 10:37am On Dec 18, 2016
I'm ready to be involved anyway

1 Like

Re: What Does It Take To Register A Political Party? by Enaburekhanjosh(m): 10:43am On Dec 18, 2016
MORNDEW:
Which Nigerian Youths? The ones I see their illiterate and tribal comments here? An average Nigerian youth knows nothing than to come online disgrace themselves.

how dare you generalize, how many percent of Nigeria youths are on this platform?, what is the total number of people on Nairaland?, and you think you know the Youths... please wake up

5 Likes

Re: What Does It Take To Register A Political Party? by yankison(m): 10:57am On Dec 18, 2016
Ask4Info:

With a heavy heart and all seriously while expecting Fully mature responses, i will like to find out the following:

3) What about is required and how much should be the least minimum balance of the parties account at any given time?

Fellow Nigerian youths, the time has come for we all to seize permanently the political mantle from these greedy and heartless men and women who from 1960 till date care only about the stomach, large accounts and their loved ones. They unite in looting the country dry while turning the general populace against themselves.

Come 2019, even if we the youths (4years and below) have not fully succeeded in chasing these greeding folks from our political terrain, by 2023 show should have stamped our feet in take over leadership.

Irrespective of gender, religion, ethnicity, educational and financial status, now is the time to unite to determine our future and that of our children

I'm with you on this , i think i do be a member already , let form a revolutionary Party ....... If there is a group create i would like to know ....

Great Nigerian Party!!!!

2 Likes

Re: What Does It Take To Register A Political Party? by drehdinho(m): 10:59am On Dec 18, 2016
If there was a time for all youths to come together as one to form a political party, this is the time. During the active and youthful days of Yakubu Gowon, Ibrahim Babangida, Muhammadu Buhari, Adekunle Fajuyi, Obafemi Awolowo and Olusegun Obasanjo, these guys mostly were barely 27 years when they took up their various national leadership roles. I see know reasons why youths of Nigeria have not started been featured in the core political activities of this nation. I know some might be thinking that Nigeria youths of nowadays have low level of reasoning or leadership capacity that can enable them control the government. To me, it's not all Nigeria youths that can be said to be in this category. I have come across a large number of promising and brilliant Nigeria youths. And if we can be united, we can make a revolution happen in this country. A revolution that will change this nation for good, a Martin Luther King type revolution, French revolution that saw the bad leaders bowed and had their positions upturned.
We can do this only if those who will Form this group will be ready to swear by "black juju" to remain selfless and will never stitch up the party throughout their involvement with its activities.
I'm very much available should any concrete decision comes out from this.

3 Likes

Re: What Does It Take To Register A Political Party? by 00Ademi(m): 11:02am On Dec 18, 2016
read nice reviews so far.. but the 1st thing is how do we come together...

1 Like

Re: What Does It Take To Register A Political Party? by Nobody: 11:04am On Dec 18, 2016
I will love to be a part of this party.

1 Like

Re: What Does It Take To Register A Political Party? by 00Ademi(m): 11:04am On Dec 18, 2016
drehdinho:
If there was a time for all youths to come together as one to form a political party, this is the time. During the active and youthful days of Yakubu Gowon, Ibrahim Babangida, Muhammadu Buhari, Adekunle Fajuyi, Obafemi Awolowo and Olusegun Obasanjo, these guys mostly were barely 27 years when they took up the various national leadership roles. I see know reasons why youths of Nigeria have not started been featured in the core political activities of this nation. We can do this only if those who will Form this group will be ready to swear by black juju to remain selfless and will never stitch up the party throughout their involvement with its activities.
I'm very much available should any concrete decision comes out from this.
this one that most youth wants quick money... how do we achieve this..
Re: What Does It Take To Register A Political Party? by stevekenny: 11:16am On Dec 18, 2016
Great! I love this. Seems the eyes of the Nigerian youlth are begining to open.
We can move mountain if all of us can come together from all regions to profer a lasting Solution to the problem of our great Nation.
Our Country is blessed with young intelectuals.
Let's form a group on whatsapp for brainstorming. 07061984281.

2 Likes

Re: What Does It Take To Register A Political Party? by Timblaze(m): 11:31am On Dec 18, 2016
great! i love this and people like me is ready for such a move, i think first we can creat a whatsapp group to sensitize people. than if possible an office in the six geopolitical zone and maybe an online registration of member.(my opinion)

1 Like

Re: What Does It Take To Register A Political Party? by Ask4Info: 11:35am On Dec 18, 2016
To everyone who has genuinely showed interest in the movement, please let us start by sending a mail to youngmovementparty@yahoo.com

stating the following:
Name
Email Address
Present Location
and Ideoligy.

Please Note: We Are All One. We don't care what Tribe or Religion you are from. We don't care whether you are a son of a pauper of a King. All we need is to get our Nigeria back.

They tell us we are the leaders of tomorrow but have failed to hand over the mantle of leadership to us.

In the coming days, (God willing), we will set up a whatsapp group and hopefully a Website to see the light of this Movement.

We will NEVER carry arms, or use derogatory words against these present crop of leaders. All we ask for is for all Nigerian youths to unite irrespective of ethnicity and religion and take back what is rightly theirs.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Does It Take To Register A Political Party? by arabaribiti(m): 11:37am On Dec 18, 2016
Me am available at any time, am ready for watsapp group am ready for meetings let the youths take over

1 Like

Re: What Does It Take To Register A Political Party? by Ask4Info: 11:38am On Dec 18, 2016
Nikeruka:
I will be ready to do anything possible to see the success of this..i think we can even form the party here where interested members will first join and latter we can always discuss the line of actions as regards registration and others..i am tired of these politicians, i have stopped voting for these useless people.... Youths let start this

To everyone who has genuinely showed interest in the movement, please let us start by sending a mail to youngmovementparty@yahoo.com

stating the following:
Name
Email Address
Present Location
and Ideoligy.

Please Note: We Are All One. We don't care what Tribe or Religion you are from. We don't care whether you are a son of a pauper of a King. All we need is to get our Nigeria back.

They tell us we are the leaders of tomorrow but have failed to hand over the mantle of leadership to us.

In the coming days, (God willing), we will set up a whatsapp group and hopefully a Website to see the light of this Movement.

We will NEVER carry arms, or use derogatory words against these present crop of leaders. All we ask for is for all Nigerian youths to unite irrespective of ethnicity and religion and take back what is rightly theirs.

1 Like

Re: What Does It Take To Register A Political Party? by Ask4Info: 11:38am On Dec 18, 2016
akintho:

am ready to be involved.

stating the following:
Name
Email Address
Present Location
and Ideoligy.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What Does It Take To Register A Political Party? by MORNDEW(m): 11:53am On Dec 18, 2016
Enaburekhanjosh:

how dare you generalize, how many percent of Nigeria youths are on this platform?, what is the total number of people on Nairaland?, and you think you know the Youths... please wake up
Where did I generalize? I said an average Nigerian youth. In your street alone, how many youth have a well grounded political, social and economic grasp of issues? A subtle dig on you now will show you are among those who comment out of sentiments and tribe. For a practical example, check the comments on this thread and see the shame oozing from it.
Re: What Does It Take To Register A Political Party? by blackborn7(m): 12:19pm On Dec 18, 2016
Ask4Info:

I must stately clearly and confidently that since i have been a member of nairaland over 5 years ago this is the only post that beat my imagination. i must say i'm so proud of writer. i've been having deep thought about the future of this nation but most people seem to be unperturbed about it.

how do we form a political alliance to get rid of our political hegemonics? right from our founding fathers till present our leaders has continually being a mistake, and we cant just fold our arms and see Nigeria slipping away in the hands of fools.

i'm thinking we should form a political movement( Young Nigerian Political Leaders Alliance) and our party should be New Integration Republican Alliance (NIRA) that will consist of fearless young professionals, we build a website, those who are financially capable would assist, members who own blogs will publicize for us, those willing to register will register on our portal, we appoint leaders, not just a leader a functional and strategist, we organize meetings, have political unit. Guys is achieveable!!! lets make it an open source political movement. where everyone would be involve, if we can come up with logo's, branding, our political mantra and so on and on. if you re interested in this movement. then how do we get to work??

If we plan today then our tomorrow wont be fearful....

2 Likes

Re: What Does It Take To Register A Political Party? by Ekoishome: 12:22pm On Dec 18, 2016
I will mobilise N1million for this cause! If it means opening a gofundme account and grassroots campaign!
In fact, I suggest a name :Youth Mobilisation for Restoration of Nigeria(YMRN).
Let the political revolution commence already! Web developers we need a page and logo! Name suggestions are welcome!
Re: What Does It Take To Register A Political Party? by jasper83: 12:27pm On Dec 18, 2016
Olaide1295:
This is a very noble idea and I have been thinking of it for a while too. We have to be pragmatic about it if we want success.
My advice:
1. Let some 5-7 ppl who have the passion, time and knowhow form a WhatsApp group in the beginning.
2. Come up with eligibility requirements for potential members( a small fee may be included)
3. Create a Google form to accept entries(Name,emails, DOB, local government and state etc.
4. A quarterly meeting will be held. It is at that meeting that real matters will be discussed.

Since it'll be a revolution, we need movers and shakers.

I was just discussing this same issue with my mum last night when I went visiting. That this idea of youth takeover has been running through my mind after the election of Donald Trump that truly there is possibility in impossibility if we are strategic,patriotic and put our best into it.

I told her that I observed during the 2015 election that mouth doesn't win elections but eligible voters do, I mean people with PVC's. I told her that for example I'm not trying to be tribalistic here but I observed that all the places the Igbos' won in Lagos either as national assembly members or state assembly members, they won by the bloc votes of their tribesmen/ women in those constituencies. That was why they were crying before the elections that their PVC's where deliberately hidden by INEC in places like Isolo, Mushin, Osodi etc to deny them voting because they could cause some havoc with it and they did. Remember our ifeanyi ubah was boasting that they could deliver Lagos. He knew the enormous voters he could count on.

They have educated themselves in their indigbo meetings that majority of Yoruba people don't have the tenacity to register for PVC and I myself was guilty of that. The Okada riders, the spare parts sellers will leave there store and queue for hours just to get the PVC but we the so called " busy career people" are laid back citing tiredness or know time just to spare for national issues that consigns our national lives, but nah we be political analyst pass, we are just tooth bull dogs or paper tigers.

So on the D-day these artisans will galvanized themselves together and give their own personally nominated candidates their bloc votes. Naso leaders are made ooo.
I remember vividly that we are just looking like mumu when my brothers from the east with PVC's are just making things happen at the polling stations. I was helpless as they won that unit for PDP and I promised myself that come 2019 no matter the time constraints I must get my PVC to have a voice. Just one vote can make a difference.

This mission is 100% achievable and I'm in for it. Don't let us discourage ourselves because those political bastards are here monitoring events. Nigerian youths must be resolute. This country is ours and the revolution we need is that of determination and common sense. Nobody needs to die. Why die for a cause you believe,we all need to witness our heaven on earth here while still alive. This logic is what we can use to outsmart them 100%. Gracias

3 Likes

Re: What Does It Take To Register A Political Party? by Emblj: 12:30pm On Dec 18, 2016
Ask4Info:

It is obvious we are being ruled by the" same old hands " that have failed us.

There is need for a bloodless political revolution.

I will suggest one of the conditions for membership is to have a source of livelihood ,no matter how small.

This is important so that people will not see politics as a job.

1 Like

Re: What Does It Take To Register A Political Party? by Nobody: 12:33pm On Dec 18, 2016
Im in too. Being waiting for the time of politics of yhe nigerian youth to take up the mantle

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Trip To Memory, Nnamdi Kanu Started The Hate Speech. / Alleged Fraud: Court Makes Final Decision On Suit Against Gbajabiamila / 2023: APC Back To Life, Repositioned For Future Elections – Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.